Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,521 members, 7,836,981 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:21 PM

Please Can One Be Deported From A Part Of Their Country To The Other? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Please Can One Be Deported From A Part Of Their Country To The Other? (608 Views)

Nigerians To Be Deported From UK For Earning Less Than £35K / Photos Of Nigerians Who Were Deported From The UK Today / 500 Nigerians Deported From The UK Arrive Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Can One Be Deported From A Part Of Their Country To The Other? by Saecula: 12:42am On May 17, 2011
It was with blithering indignation and consternation that I read the lot of some people that were recently tagged 'persona non grata' simply because they are destitutes, hence their deportation to their various states of origin. All the while I have been trying to comprehend the feasibility of deporting citizens of one sovereign nation from a part of their country to the other.

Inasmuch as street begging is not encouraged and could constitute some nuisance. It is also true that some of these people feign one deformity or the other just to swindle unsuspecting victims of their hard earned cash. I still consider it as an infringement on one of their fundamental human rights as provided in section 41 of the 1999 constitution thus: ''Every citizen of Nigeria is entitled to move freely throught Nigeria and to recide in any part thereof, and no citizen of Nigeria shall be expelled from Nigeria or refused entry thereto or exit therefrom''

Now what if all the elite decide to move to Lagos, would they also be deported like these beggars were?

There is also no gainsaying that such act endangers our much touted national unity.

I garnered last time that Lagos state government would restrain people from wearing bathroom slippers on the road. A totalitarian or fascist state?

From the foregoing, I daresay, though with little prejudice, that the message Fashola is trying to relay is that - if you are not rich, vamoose from Lagos.

Lets put ourselves in their shoes, considering that most of them really do need our help.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Shalom! Tak kia.
Re: Please Can One Be Deported From A Part Of Their Country To The Other? by 190: 12:43am On May 17, 2011
Re: Please Can One Be Deported From A Part Of Their Country To The Other? by Phate07(m): 12:52am On May 17, 2011

Where are the Mods when you need them? undecided
Re: Please Can One Be Deported From A Part Of Their Country To The Other? by Nobody: 1:03am On May 17, 2011
grin grin grin grin grin grin @ thread title and post!
Re: Please Can One Be Deported From A Part Of Their Country To The Other? by Nobody: 1:12am On May 17, 2011
Phate07:

Where are the Mods when you need them? undecided

playing hide and seek
Re: Please Can One Be Deported From A Part Of Their Country To The Other? by toyemz(f): 1:18am On May 17, 2011
@poster
i believe the word you are trying to use is cleaning up the state
can you please tell me one advantage of the so called almagarins in Lagos state?
(the way you speak, you might be one of them)
I understand where you are coming from,but sometimes those guys can be a nuisance and an eyesore
i for one cant imagine eating and one smelling fly bearing almagari comes that close begging, with his eyes oozing with pus kos he didn't wash his face imagine what that would do to me and my appetite
i remember not long ago when one had the effrontery to open our family house  door in the name of begging
you should have seen attack of dogs, and the dash down the road!
so you see as much as begging is still part of Nigeria, there are certain infringements that need to be limited.
i can accept a beggar by the road side begging
what i cant accept is a whole family making a hobby out of it and invading my space and time  and become such a hindrance that i am forced to pay them some money just for them to depart.That act alone is no longer begging!
Re: Please Can One Be Deported From A Part Of Their Country To The Other? by Nobody: 1:21am On May 17, 2011
Saecula:

It was with blithering indignation and consternation that I read the lot of some people that were recently tagged 'persona non grata' simply because they are destitutes, hence their deportation to their various states of origin. All the while I have been trying to comprehend the feasibility of deporting citizens of one sovereign nation from a part of their country to the other.

Inasmuch as street begging is not encouraged and could constitute some nuisance. It is also true that some of these people feign one deformity or the other just to swindle unsuspecting victims of their hard earned cash. I still consider it as an infringement on one of their fundamental human rights as provided in section 41 of the 1999 constitution thus: ''Every citizen of Nigeria is entitled to move freely throught Nigeria and to recide in any part thereof, and no citizen of Nigeria shall be expelled from Nigeria or refused entry thereto or exit therefrom''

Now what if all the elite decide to move to Lagos, would they also be deported like these beggars were?

There is also no gainsaying that such act endangers our much touted national unity.

I garnered last time that Lagos state government would restrain people from wearing bathroom slippers on the road. A totalitarian or fascist state?

From the foregoing, I daresay, though with little prejudice, that the message Fashola is trying to relay is that - if you are not rich, vamoose from Lagos.

Lets put ourselves in their shoes, considering that most of them really do need our help.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Shalom! Tak kia.
hey guy, I feel your pain man. I totally agree with your point of view. Lagos is not making sense by throwing its people out and prohibiting giving of alms. Can you imagine? giving of alms has become a punishable offence, not hanging out on the streets. Makes no sense to me. People should be free to do whatever with their money. Shouldnt require government instruction on that. They are not doing something right. . . .
Re: Please Can One Be Deported From A Part Of Their Country To The Other? by MMM2(m): 8:46pm On May 17, 2011
is only possible in 9ja.

(1) (Reply)

Travel To U.s.a. With Ease / 100% Success Guarantee If U Allow Us To Handle Yr Toefl,gre,sat Or Gmat / Howmany Phones Can One Take To Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.