Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,958 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:58 AM

Ghana To Play Nigeria In London - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ghana To Play Nigeria In London (2901 Views)

Uganda Agree To Play Nigeria On March 25th / Bafana To Play Nigeria In Cape Town / Argentina On Revenge Mission(to Play Nigeria Again In Dhaka) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ghana To Play Nigeria In London by ngodus: 1:03am On May 17, 2011
Ghana will lock horns with arch rivals Nigeria in an international friendly game in London in August subject to the finalization of an agreement.

http://kabibi.com/lates-news/sports/3953-ghana-to-play-nigeria-in-london.html
Re: Ghana To Play Nigeria In London by bingbagbo(m): 10:07am On May 17, 2011
FINAL SCORE=NIG O GHANA 12 grin

1 Like

Re: Ghana To Play Nigeria In London by Nobody: 4:39pm On May 17, 2011
bin gbagbo:

FINAL SCORE=NIG O GHANA 12 grin

Joystick head what are you saying??
dont let me break your head in 2 equal pieces! hahahahah lol jk grin
on a more serious note, i say either 1-1 or 2-1 for Nigeria. Both teams are developing into very strong teams. . . and they are beginning to play big teams like england and Argentina!!
I cant wait until that day of the game
Re: Ghana To Play Nigeria In London by omo9ja1(m): 11:26am On May 18, 2011
hmmm it would be a nice game to watch out for I hope the super eagle would have been strong enough to win the battle smiley
Re: Ghana To Play Nigeria In London by babaowo: 11:43am On May 18, 2011
it will be very very interesting match to watch
Re: Ghana To Play Nigeria In London by MMM2(m): 12:55pm On May 18, 2011
by now ghana player will be doing dere training in d stadium
but
9ja player will be poping champagne, drinking alcohol and fu-cking ashawo.
So
how
will
dey
win?
Re: Ghana To Play Nigeria In London by ObamaUS: 1:30pm On May 18, 2011
Why must the game be played in London?Imagine England and Scotland want to play football match and they fix the venue to be Accra or ABUJA?Can that ever happen?

Why cant the match be played anywhere in africa?must we recolonized ourselves?mschew, embarassed
Re: Ghana To Play Nigeria In London by seunlayi(m): 2:05pm On May 18, 2011
ObamaUS:

Why must the game be played in London?Imagine England and Scotland want to play football match and they fix the venue to be Accra or ABUJA?Can that ever happen?

Why cant the match be played anywhere in africa?must we recolonized ourselves?mschew, embarassed

better still, they can even choose from one of our neibourign countries.
Re: Ghana To Play Nigeria In London by Osuprupu: 2:43pm On May 18, 2011
Why Ghana vs Nigeria again? They have been playing each other for some time with the same results, they must go play other teams, haba!
Re: Ghana To Play Nigeria In London by mystikal(m): 2:53pm On May 18, 2011
ObamaUS:

because the 2500 naira(£10) gate fee, will see nigerians in nigeria grumbling. nigerians n ghanaians over there will gladly pay £15 to watch their teams. No mind me o
Re: Ghana To Play Nigeria In London by toosoon(m): 5:44pm On May 18, 2011
Few reasons below:-

1. Security(Nigeria fans will never see it as a friendly match)
2. Advertisement
3. Foreign base players involvement
4. Cost reduction***We will share the cost with Ghana
5. GATE FEE***To avoid Naija Police getting all the revenue from ticket sales.
Re: Ghana To Play Nigeria In London by tounshow: 5:47pm On May 18, 2011
pls what date is the nigeria/ghanamatch in london
Re: Ghana To Play Nigeria In London by samix(m): 6:42pm On May 18, 2011
mystikal:

because the 2500 naira(£10) gate fee, will see nigerians in nigeria grumbling. nigerians n ghanaians over there will gladly pay £15 to watch their teams. No mind me o

do u know how much tax will be paid if played in london? MASSIVE compared to obtainable in naija or ghana.
i think its about playing in a neutral venue with loads of people from both countries
Re: Ghana To Play Nigeria In London by semid4lyfe(m): 7:05pm On May 18, 2011
Hehehehe. . . I nor fit laugh grin grin

Ghana don believe sey Super Eagles be their whipping dog cos they thumped us 4-1 in our last friendly and beat us in AFCON 2008 & 2010. cry
They must still be high on the euphoria of their World cup performance, their no 1 ranking in Africa and their recent 1-1 draw with England.

Got no problem with the match being played in England. In fact, it makes sense cos majority of the players that would prosecute the game are Europe based and both countries have large no of their nationals in England/UK.

I only hope the Super Eagles wouldn't lose cos nothing hurts me more than losing to Ghana undecided
Re: Ghana To Play Nigeria In London by nezpablo: 7:27pm On May 18, 2011
That is a true test of samson siasia's eagle.naija go win am o
Re: Ghana To Play Nigeria In London by nezpablo: 7:30pm On May 18, 2011
naija go win sha coz dis is siasia eagle
Re: Ghana To Play Nigeria In London by dayokanu(m): 8:14pm On May 18, 2011
Last time around it was 4-1
Re: Ghana To Play Nigeria In London by Ibime(m): 12:45am On May 19, 2011
Last time around, I put myself through the indignity of travelling all the way to Brentford stadium to watch that pile of crap, then was accosted by my Ghanaian mates outside the stadium. They should shove it. I have been to almost 10 Super Eagles matches in UK, I no dey go again.
Re: Ghana To Play Nigeria In London by Nobody: 5:15am On May 21, 2011
It will end in a draw
Re: Ghana To Play Nigeria In London by USA1234567: 12:54pm On May 21, 2011
okay

(1) (Reply)

Home-based Eagles Crash Out / Betting Is Business (2 Odds Only) / Done Deal: Iheanacho Joins Zambian Club Zanaco FC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.