Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,977 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:33 AM

My 2015 Ford Ranger Truck Consumes Fuel More Than Normal - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My 2015 Ford Ranger Truck Consumes Fuel More Than Normal (26344 Views)

Toyota Camry Pencil (1997) Consumes Fuel A Lot / Ford Ranger Truck For Sell / The 2019 Ford Ranger Configurator Is Ready For Adventure (specs And Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My 2015 Ford Ranger Truck Consumes Fuel More Than Normal by Sprumbaba: 1:56pm On Aug 07, 2021
Triangles1:
Ford Is known as fuel consumer.

American too like fuel, they're not producing fuel but they've reservoir that can last up to 10 year's.

Google it. American is the number one oil producer, Not Saudi.

1 Like

Re: My 2015 Ford Ranger Truck Consumes Fuel More Than Normal by Gboy5050: 1:57pm On Aug 07, 2021
Take it to another mechanic to check if the car indomie is not being tampered with, I smelled foul play with the indomie

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My 2015 Ford Ranger Truck Consumes Fuel More Than Normal by highb01(m): 2:00pm On Aug 07, 2021
Air flow meter should be check, iddle sensor and all leakage of air,plus your exhaust catalyst(odomie)should be examine to Kno if is still intact.ask a friend or close trustee to Kno the professional technician in your terrain
Re: My 2015 Ford Ranger Truck Consumes Fuel More Than Normal by malvisguy212: 2:08pm On Aug 07, 2021
SeaTrade:
Default settings as in how?
Yeah I noticed black smoke comes out for like 2 seconds and dissapears,
So by removing the nozzles and manifold default settings can be messed up?
if its after you take the car to the mechanic you start experience all this, check your Exhaust Pot, ( SILENCER POT ) they must have temper with it , that thing is very costly.
Re: My 2015 Ford Ranger Truck Consumes Fuel More Than Normal by malvisguy212: 2:13pm On Aug 07, 2021
Gboy5050:
Take it to another mechanic to check if the car indomie is not being tampered with, I smelled foul play with the indomie
exactly.....in my presence police came and drag one mechanic because of car indomi
Re: My 2015 Ford Ranger Truck Consumes Fuel More Than Normal by Nonexisting1: 2:16pm On Aug 07, 2021
How can you be driving a 2015 truck and be patronizing roadside mechanics. The only car I take to ordinary mechanic is my 2008 Accord. I have a Chrysler 200 the same 2015 and I specifically take it to standard auto technicians to service it so that if anything happens, I know who to call police for.

1 Like

Re: My 2015 Ford Ranger Truck Consumes Fuel More Than Normal by chukel(m): 2:17pm On Aug 07, 2021
And no one mentioned to OP to scan this vehicle and start from there.

1 Like

Re: My 2015 Ford Ranger Truck Consumes Fuel More Than Normal by Ten06(m): 2:20pm On Aug 07, 2021
SeaTrade:
Hello house,

I have a 2015 ford ranger truck and discovered yesterday that after taking it to the mechanic to fix it(little,intermittent rough idle),it has been consuming a lot of fuel.

Like I just jeep seeing the range on the screen go down so fast without actually covering an inch close to that distance it displays.

He losed the nozzle,claim he took it for "servicing" and this is what I get.

And funny enough the intermittent rough idle is still there.
Please advise me how I can fix this.

If any of the censor wire lost contact it can cause that kind of problem.
Check if your censor wires are in contact with the censors
Re: My 2015 Ford Ranger Truck Consumes Fuel More Than Normal by Gambit23: 2:44pm On Aug 07, 2021
SeaTrade:
Hello house,

I have a 2015 ford ranger truck and discovered yesterday that after taking it to the mechanic to fix it(little,intermittent rough idle),it has been consuming a lot of fuel.

Like I just jeep seeing the range on the screen go down so fast without actually covering an inch close to that distance it displays.

Go to Ford outlet & tell them it problem
Re: My 2015 Ford Ranger Truck Consumes Fuel More Than Normal by digitalman2811(m): 2:58pm On Aug 07, 2021
Check for vacuum leaks
Check and examine the air flow meter sensor
Check and clean the injector nuzzles
Check if your catalyst converters are intact
Finally check where you buy fuel,some gas station sells low quality fuels that burns faster than normal

2 Likes

Re: My 2015 Ford Ranger Truck Consumes Fuel More Than Normal by Unrated900(m): 3:21pm On Aug 07, 2021
SeaTrade:
Default settings as in how?
Yeah I noticed black smoke comes out for like 2 seconds and dissapears,
So by removing the nozzles and manifold default settings can be messed up?

change d air filometer
Re: My 2015 Ford Ranger Truck Consumes Fuel More Than Normal by FarahAideed: 3:45pm On Aug 07, 2021
IceColdVeins:
How about the catalytic converter. Are you sure your Kazeem hasn’t removed it?

If Kazzeem can service his injector then he must have removed the CC tey tey wink
Re: My 2015 Ford Ranger Truck Consumes Fuel More Than Normal by mapet: 4:24pm On Aug 07, 2021
First suspicion - Catalytic Converter a.k.a "Catalyst" has been stolen and replaced with another

That was how they messed with my brother's Honda SUV ... at the 2nd mechanic was discovered that the CC was removed replaced with one not.fof the vehicle.... over N1m spent combined...
Re: My 2015 Ford Ranger Truck Consumes Fuel More Than Normal by Adabestseason(m): 4:57pm On Aug 07, 2021
Check the vehicle with a different mechanic in fact a trusted person to confirm whether somebody had tempered with the catalyst my recent experiences with a certain mechanic is terrifying
Re: My 2015 Ford Ranger Truck Consumes Fuel More Than Normal by Opak001(m): 5:06pm On Aug 07, 2021
Dem don chop your biscuits
Re: My 2015 Ford Ranger Truck Consumes Fuel More Than Normal by Munzy14(m): 6:28pm On Aug 07, 2021
itslinkin4005:
Oga the mechanic don Jakpa with your catalyst...
It will take cutting the exhaust tank to remove the catalyst na?
Re: My 2015 Ford Ranger Truck Consumes Fuel More Than Normal by Nobody: 7:10pm On Aug 07, 2021
Re: My 2015 Ford Ranger Truck Consumes Fuel More Than Normal by DavidEsq(m): 8:07pm On Aug 07, 2021
itslinkin4005:
Oga the mechanic don Jakpa with your catalyst...
Indomie don go
Re: My 2015 Ford Ranger Truck Consumes Fuel More Than Normal by masseratti: 8:29pm On Aug 07, 2021
Triangles1:
Ford Is known as fuel consumer.

American too like fuel, they're not producing fuel but they've reservoir that can last up to 10 year's.
America is one of the largest fuel producers in the world, albeit they are the largest consumer by far.

1 Like

Re: My 2015 Ford Ranger Truck Consumes Fuel More Than Normal by Jamahyel(m): 9:00pm On Aug 07, 2021
Check the sensor on the exhaust in the engine area.
Re: My 2015 Ford Ranger Truck Consumes Fuel More Than Normal by Nobody: 9:56pm On Aug 07, 2021
The ranger is known to consume fuel more than the hilux, the 2015 is huge with big tyres.
Scan for codes, but don't expect fuel economy from the ranger.
Should have gone for the hilux instead.
Re: My 2015 Ford Ranger Truck Consumes Fuel More Than Normal by SeaTrade(m): 10:09pm On Aug 07, 2021
quentin06:
The ranger is known to consume fuel more than the hilux, the 2015 is huge with big tyres.
Scan for codes, but don't expect fuel economy from the ranger.
Should have gone for the hilux instead.
I have a hilux already,
I wasn't expecting it to consume like a corolla or so,rather what I said was it was consuming way more than it use to.
Anyways ,problem has been fixed today,was too tired to update the thread.
Culprits?
1)Water in the coil chamber in the top,all four of them.
2)Disconnected O2 sensor from its socket,I don't know how,maybe all the times I go offroad and speed on those terrains it yanked off.
3)Broken airflow meter wire,like wire cut complete.
I guess this happened the day my former mechanic and his boys brought down the nozzle ,probably broke the wire while loosing or coupling the manifold.
I think I spent like 20k to resolve the whole problem and all is very well now,lime very very good!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My 2015 Ford Ranger Truck Consumes Fuel More Than Normal by kennyldelsu: 8:19am On Aug 08, 2021
SeaTrade:
Hello house,

I'll suggest you check for your catalyst, if it's still intact
Re: My 2015 Ford Ranger Truck Consumes Fuel More Than Normal by SeaTrade(m): 9:18am On Aug 08, 2021
All is well ladies and gentlemen, cool

Re: My 2015 Ford Ranger Truck Consumes Fuel More Than Normal by sultaan(m): 8:16pm On Aug 08, 2021
Good to hear,
I was going to tell you to ask your mechanic to write down everything he did and we reverse from there..
starting with the throttle position sensor, and your idle speed.
Sometime when they mess with the throttle body they have to perform a throttle relearn, and some adjust the screw on throttle body cable to make it idle higher, or leave the TPS, vacuum hose unplugged.

Just by looking around the engine you found some of the obvious defect, and learned about how those can affect your car, now you should do a scan and that will tell you if there are other things not so obvious.

A scan in the first place would have detected all those things you saw, and that is why it is important to scan a car first before trying to fix anything, you only fix what the car say is wrong.
Re: My 2015 Ford Ranger Truck Consumes Fuel More Than Normal by SeaTrade(m): 8:40pm On Aug 08, 2021
sultaan:
Good to hear,
I was going to tell you to ask your mechanic to write down everything he did and we reverse from there..
starting with the throttle position sensor, and your idle speed.
Sometime when they mess with the throttle body they have to perform a throttle relearn, and some adjust the screw on throttle body cable to make it idle higher, or leave the TPS, vacuum hose unplugged.

Just by looking around the engine you found some of the obvious defect, and learned about how those can affect your car, now you should do a scan and that will tell you if there are other things not so obvious.

A scan in the first place would have detected all those things you saw, and that is why it is important to scan a car first before trying to fix anything, you only fix what the car say is wrong.
I did scan it,it was what led us to the O2 sensor and other related errors.
Thanks mehn,I appreciate your concern.
Re: My 2015 Ford Ranger Truck Consumes Fuel More Than Normal by Nobody: 8:06am On Aug 09, 2021
SeaTrade:
I have a hilux already,
I wasn't expecting it to consume like a corolla or so,rather what I said was it was consuming way more than it use to.
Anyways ,problem has been fixed today,was too tired to update the thread.
Culprits?
1)Water in the coil chamber in the top,all four of them.
2)Disconnected O2 sensor from its socket,I don't know how,maybe all the times I go offroad and speed on those terrains it yanked off.
3)Broken airflow meter wire,like wire cut complete.
I guess this happened the day my former mechanic and his boys brought down the nozzle ,probably broke the wire while loosing or coupling the manifold.
I think I spent like 20k to resolve the whole problem and all is very well now,lime very very good!

Good for you.
Re: My 2015 Ford Ranger Truck Consumes Fuel More Than Normal by chidekings(m): 3:24pm On Sep 25, 2021
SeaTrade:
Hello house,

hello bro,been following almost all your monikars,wanna send you a private message
Re: My 2015 Ford Ranger Truck Consumes Fuel More Than Normal by SeaTrade(m): 3:53pm On Sep 25, 2021
chidekings:

hello bro,been following almost all your monikars,wanna send you a private message
okay sure bro,go ahead.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Renew Or Replace Your Nigerian Driver’s Licence / Kia Owner's Forum / Does Repainting Your Car Devalue It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.