Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,566 members, 7,812,836 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:18 PM

As We Look, We Are Changed - Pastor Chris - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / As We Look, We Are Changed - Pastor Chris (3118 Views)

An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Why Do We Never See Videos Of Anita? Youtube? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

As We Look, We Are Changed - Pastor Chris by Joagbaje(m): 6:10am On May 17, 2011
2 Corinthians 3:18
But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord

In the book of Exodus, we read of how Moses saw the glory of God and he became a changed man. By being in the presence of God, listening to His Word, his visage began to radiate the glory of God, to the extent that the children of Israel could not look at the face of Moses (Exodus 34:29-35).

Today, you also can experience such glorious transformation as you contemplate or look at the glory of God in the mirror of God, which is the Word of God. There’s a transformation that takes place in your life as you meditate on the Word of God; you’re transfigured, and you become what you see in the Word. The principle is “as you look, you are changed!”

It reminds me of the wonderful testimony featured sometime ago in our Atmosphere For Miracle TV programme of a certain man who was given up to die. He was stabbed terribly and the doctors had said he couldn’t live because so much had gone wrong in his body, and he had become an invalid. His wife was taking care of him until the doctors suggested that she should place him in an institution and wait for him to die. But the lady had been watching Atmosphere For Miracles. So every day, she carried her husband and placed him in front of the TV, and all the man could do was look! He couldn’t talk, think, move or recognize anything; not even his own house.

Then after several months, he began to recognize things around him; he saw the miracles on TV and he began to believe. Gradually, his reasoning returned, and also, strength, returned to his body, until he regained full consciousness, became hale and hearty, and returned to work. What happened to him was that as he looked, he was changed! As he beheld the glory of God and the power of God demonstrated in the lives of others, that same power from the Spirit and the Word of God produced healing and health in his body.

That’s what the Bible says happens as you keep looking at the glory of God – in the Word of God; hope, faith and strength comes into your spirit and you become the glory that you see. Hallelujah!

Prayer
Dear Father, I’m conscious of your glory that’s in my spirit and the transformation that’s taking place in my life even now, as your Word gains the ascendancy in me. My life is an expression of your glory, so I talk and move with wisdom, dignity, and power today, in the Name of Jesus.

Further Study
Romans 12:2
And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
Re: As We Look, We Are Changed - Pastor Chris by Zikkyy(m): 8:03am On May 17, 2011
Joagbaje:

There’s a transformation that takes place in your life as you meditate on the Word of God; you’re transfigured, and you become what you see in the Word.

I agree with oyaks grin You are what you see. for e.g if you see money, you probably end up a 419 prosperity preacher grin

Joagbaje:

The principle is “as you look, you are changed!”

Yes o cheesy what you change into is all down to what you see grin and this varies with people smiley
Re: As We Look, We Are Changed - Pastor Chris by Joagbaje(m): 9:04am On May 17, 2011
You don't have to be a 419 to prosper. Prosperity is your inheritance
Re: As We Look, We Are Changed - Pastor Chris by Kx: 9:08am On May 17, 2011
Just thinking out loud;

Is this is any way related to the saying[i] " the more u look, the less u see''??[/i]
Re: As We Look, We Are Changed - Pastor Chris by Joagbaje(m): 9:11am On May 17, 2011
No rather , the more you look the more you become
Re: As We Look, We Are Changed - Pastor Chris by newmi(m): 9:15am On May 17, 2011
Zikkyy:

Yes o cheesy what you change into is all down to what you see grin and this varies with people smiley
You see its called "THE MIRROR PRINCIPLE" The word of God envelops the true picture and image of who we truely are thus it is "the manual of the Christian" so when we look into the word we see God's perspective of us and then comform to it by the ministry of God's Spirit
Re: As We Look, We Are Changed - Pastor Chris by Zikkyy(m): 10:54am On May 17, 2011
newmi:

You see its called "THE MIRROR PRINCIPLE" The word of God envelops the true picture and image of who we truely are thus it is "the manual of the Christian" so when we look into the word we see God's perspective of us and then comform to it by the ministry of God's Spirit

You dont understand. What people see is what they WANT to see smiley

newmi:

You see its called "THE MIRROR PRINCIPLE" The word of God envelops the true picture and image of who we truely are

Who are you then? you think everybody is the same BTW if the late Osama Bin Laden had looked, do you think he would have seen what you saw am sure he looked grin
Re: As We Look, We Are Changed - Pastor Chris by Zikkyy(m): 11:13am On May 17, 2011
Joagbaje:

You don't have to be a 419 to prosper. Prosperity is your inheritance

Inherited from the congregation grin
Re: As We Look, We Are Changed - Pastor Chris by Zikkyy(m): 11:15am On May 17, 2011
Joagbaje:

No rather , the more you look the more you become

i think it's the more you look, the more what you see aligns with what you want to see, the more you become grin Learn from zikkyy, Oyaks no teach this one grin
Re: As We Look, We Are Changed - Pastor Chris by Zikkyy(m): 11:25am On May 17, 2011
Kx:

Just thinking out loud;

Is this is any way related to the saying[i] " the more u look, the less u see''??[/i]

It all depends, if its your regular prosperity p.i.m.p pastor pointing it out to you, i think its 'the more you look, the less you understand' grin
Re: As We Look, We Are Changed - Pastor Chris by thehomer: 8:40pm On May 17, 2011
Joagbaje:

. . . .

It reminds me of the wonderful testimony featured sometime ago in our Atmosphere For Miracle TV programme of a certain man who was given up to die. He was stabbed terribly and the doctors had said he couldn’t live because so much had gone wrong in his body, and he had become an invalid. His wife was taking care of him until the doctors suggested that she should place him in an institution and wait for him to die. But the lady had been watching Atmosphere For Miracles. So every day, she carried her husband and placed him in front of the TV, and all the man could do was look! He couldn’t talk, think, move or recognize anything; not even his own house.

Then after several months, he began to recognize things around him; he saw the miracles on TV and he began to believe. Gradually, his reasoning returned, and also, strength, returned to his body, until he regained full consciousness, became hale and hearty, and returned to work. What happened to him was that as he looked, he was changed! As he beheld the glory of God and the power of God demonstrated in the lives of others, that same power from the Spirit and the Word of God produced healing and health in his body.

. . . .

My goodness is this what passes for miracles nowadays?
A man was stabbed (where?). Then the usual things that some unknown doctors say about the patient not being able to live.
He was propped before a television and after several months he became hale and hearty. And people will actually buy this story? Sheesh.
How do you link the man's recovery to watching that movie and not the news program, the cartoon shows or even the adverts?
I think people need to learn to be less gullible of things they hear or see simply because they are done with the approval of a religious body.
Re: As We Look, We Are Changed - Pastor Chris by Azibalua(f): 7:57pm On May 18, 2011
Why is it so difficult to believe something as simple as this.
Re: As We Look, We Are Changed - Pastor Chris by Zikkyy(m): 10:04pm On May 18, 2011
Azibalua:

If it was that simple, Osama Bin Laden would have died believer. I am sure he looked at the word grin A good number of unbelievers have taken a look at the word, maybe you should ask yourself why they refuse to change smiley
Re: As We Look, We Are Changed - Pastor Chris by thehomer: 11:28pm On May 18, 2011
Azibalua:

Would you believe if the next person that speaks to you says (s)he was resurrected 1 month ago and was cured of pancreatic cancer, retinal cancer, renal failure by drinking a particular herbal concotion and the person also has 56 billion dollars in their personal account?
Re: As We Look, We Are Changed - Pastor Chris by newmi(m): 2:10am On May 19, 2011
@ Zikkyy
l think you getting everything wrongly the idea is not one of seeing what you what to see but rather what the word of God mirrors to us showing us the true picture and perspective of the Creator God and the Father of all flesh and spirits like the bible refers to Him.
For instance Ephesians 2:10 "For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them"

The Amplified provides a much more simplified translation
"For we are God's [own] handiwork (His workmanship), recreated in Christ Jesus, [born anew] that we may do those good works which God predestined (planned beforehand) for us [takilng paths which He prepared ahead of time], that we should walk in them [living the good life which He prearranged and made ready for us to live]"

This verse of scripture mirrors to us what we are as "God's workmanship or masterpiece" meaning am important to God and His agenda also as l look l observe that in Christ Jesus l ahve been born anew to do good works so l my experiences and tales seem to be otherwise, all l have to do like a man beholding himself before a mirror l adjust and conform to the truth of the image as replected by the mirror.
so my dear it is not what l or anybody else wants to see but rather the emphasis is rather on seeing in corrolation and sync with what God through His word shows us
Re: As We Look, We Are Changed - Pastor Chris by Zikkyy(m): 1:57pm On May 19, 2011
newmi:

@ Zikkyy
l think you getting everything wrongly the idea is not one of seeing what you what to see but rather what the word of God mirrors to us showing us the true picture and perspective of the Creator God and the Father of all flesh and spirits like the bible refers to Him.

newmi:

so my dear it is not what l or anybody else wants to see but rather the emphasis is rather on seeing in corrolation and sync with what God through His word shows us

You know your problem? Anytime you look at the word, what you see is as taught by Oyaks (and thats what you want to see). i.e. Oyaks already told you what you would find anytime you look at the word, and thats exactly what you see. Erase Oyaks sermon from your database grin and take another look, am sure you will see things differently smiley
Re: As We Look, We Are Changed - Pastor Chris by newmi(m): 2:22pm On May 19, 2011
@ Zikkyy
you know what l have been bornagain way before l began fellowshiping with the thought provoking teachings and preaching of Pastor Christ, so l had been conceived and raised in the word by the Holy Spirit not withstanding, what he teaches are from the bible and God has graciously granted everyone of us the previllege of owning bible so why don't check it for yourself and stop always trying to deray a potentially good and educative thread by always looking for opportunities to turn personal.
please read what l posted, l said and emphasized the fact that it is not what you want to see (remember the mirror princiole?) but rather what God through His word by His Spirit reveals to us as we look(meditate) on His Word
Re: As We Look, We Are Changed - Pastor Chris by Zikkyy(m): 4:53pm On May 19, 2011
newmi:

@ Zikkyy
you know what l have been bornagain way before l began fellowshiping with the thought provoking teachings and preaching of Pastor Christ, so l had been conceived and raised in the word by the Holy Spirit not withstanding, what he teaches are from the bible and God has graciously granted everyone of us the previllege of owning bible

This is not my concern smiley

newmi:

stop always trying to deray a potentially good and educative thread by always looking for opportunities to turn personal.

What's personal about my post and what do you mean by derail angry i have been consistent right from my first post, which was a response to the OP angry so how did i derail angry

newmi:

please read what l posted, l said and emphasized the fact that it is not what you want to see (remember the mirror princiole?) but rather what God through His word by His Spirit reveals to us as we look[b](meditate)[/b] on His Word

Only if you are capable of meditating angry and it still depends on what your objectives are angry Whether you like it or not we are saying the same thing. It's not enough to say what you see is what was revealed to you. You still need to process what was revealed to you. Your processing is your interpretation of what was revealed to you.

newmi:

stop always trying to deray a potentially good and educative thread by always looking for opportunities to turn personal.

It was educative alright. . . . . . .

Joagbaje:

So every day, she carried her husband and placed him in front of the TV, and all the man could do was look! He couldn’t talk, [size=14pt]think[/size], move or recognize anything; not even his own house.

The sermon talked about the man that could not think or recognise anything abi smiley but he could look abi smiley

Joagbaje:

Then after several months, he began to recognize things around him; [size=14pt]he saw the miracles on TV and he began to believe.[/size] Gradually, [size=14pt]his reasoning returned[/size], and also, strength, returned to his body, until he regained full consciousness, became hale and hearty, and returned to work.

the man also believed before he could reason this out (the typical cec member) abi smiley

So what have i learnt simple, he looked and saw what Oyaks wanted him to see (he never reasoned it out) on t.v and believed (of course Oyaks version of the gospel) smiley. Please note, have not said Oyaks is right or wrong, that's would amount to derailing the thread smiley.

So lets go back to my initial statement smiley First, let quote Oyaks one more time (courtesy of Jo smiley) . . . .

Joagbaje:

What happened to him was that as he looked, he was changed!

I wonder why everybody dont change. He was not the only one that been watching atmosphere for miracle na sad A lot of people do watch Atmosphere for Miracle. Why is that some others dont change Maybe it goes beyond just looking abi smiley
Re: As We Look, We Are Changed - Pastor Chris by newmi(m): 9:54pm On May 19, 2011
hmmmmmm l see it is really hard for me to make you see because with every post you make it becomes more and more evident how that you grttinh everything wrong
Re: As We Look, We Are Changed - Pastor Chris by Zikkyy(m): 11:33pm On May 19, 2011
newmi:

hmmmmmm l see it is really hard for me to make you see because with every post you make it becomes more and more evident how that you grttinh everything wrong

Okay smiley
Re: As We Look, We Are Changed - Pastor Chris by paris10: 2:01am On May 20, 2011
@Joagbaje, I'm sorry to say, you and several members of your Church are exhibiting one thing in common, ignorance! This is so pathetic and absolutely preposterous.

When did that verse of scripture you quoted becomes Pastor Chris's? So you're telling me that since you gave to life to Christ, you don't understand or have never heard that verse interpreted that way before? I'm sorry for you.

Pastor Chris just said what hundreds of preachers have been saying for years. Just because he said it does not make it sound any better than most NL's here. You guys are just so incensed with this guy. 

Pls tell me, what is so difficult to graps with 2 Corinthians 3:18? The verse is self explanatory. You can translate it whichever way you want, especially when you're Pastor Chris. Being overly spiritual is like a baseless structure waiting for disaster.

Wake up people and stop being cajoled here and there.

I would like to see you and @Mabell to stop being a CE Christian but rather a Christian. You propagate Pastor Chris and not Jesus. You've never in any post quoted from any Nigerian Pastor except  Chris. 

I'm not a member of the Redeemed Christian Church, but I tell you this, we (other Churches except C.E) attend their Festival of Life gathering to worship God and not man. I'm not even a fan of the G.O himself. It's high time you guys started thinking about making changes to your life and repent!
Re: As We Look, We Are Changed - Pastor Chris by Azibalua(f): 9:16am On May 20, 2011
Pastor Chris just said what hundreds of preachers have been saying for years. Just because he said it does not make it sound any better than most NL's here. You guys are just so incensed with this guy. 

Repitition is the law of deep and lasting impression.

(1) (Reply)

Women In Christianity And The Bible / Jesus Was Not Even A Christian / Photo; World Biggest Women University In Saudi Arabia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.