Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,127 members, 7,825,528 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:57 PM

Look At A School In Oil Rich Bayelsa State[photos] - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Look At A School In Oil Rich Bayelsa State[photos] (5470 Views)

Bomb Found Behind A School In Awka, Anambra State (Photos) / Ogun Government: We Won’t Allow Benin Republic To Take Oil-rich Tongeji Island / Oil Rich Tongeji Island In Ogun State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Look At A School In Oil Rich Bayelsa State[photos] by snowball11(m): 11:44am On Aug 07, 2021
And @op, can you please name a state in Nigeria that doesn't have a school as this or even worse than this you posted here? undecided

So you know, I'm not from bayelsa. But Nigeria as a country is littered with poutries in the name of schools all over the states including the FCT!
Re: Look At A School In Oil Rich Bayelsa State[photos] by heniford2: 11:45am On Aug 07, 2021
Nigeria is e redeemable

2 Likes

Re: Look At A School In Oil Rich Bayelsa State[photos] by mocey: 11:55am On Aug 07, 2021
snowball11:
And @op, can you please name a state in Nigeria that doesn't have a school as this or even worse than this you posted here? undecided

So you know, I'm not from bayelsa. But Nigeria as a country is littered with poutries in the name of schools all over the states including the FCT!

LOL
Re: Look At A School In Oil Rich Bayelsa State[photos] by mocey: 11:55am On Aug 07, 2021
heniford2:
Nigeria is e redeemable

true
Re: Look At A School In Oil Rich Bayelsa State[photos] by Frenchkiss564: 11:58am On Aug 07, 2021
yanabasee1:
Even on FCT we have schools with no chairs and opened roofs....

It's a normal thing in Nigeria that our government pays little or no attention to the education system....

Even the promise Buhari made to give teachers a special salary scheme is yet to see the light of the day....

The country will get better if we make the right choice of voting...

An uneducated people cannot make the right voting choice.

There is a reason America adopted the electoral college system.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Look At A School In Oil Rich Bayelsa State[photos] by davillian(m): 12:15pm On Aug 07, 2021
They even have tiles grin
Re: Look At A School In Oil Rich Bayelsa State[photos] by mocey: 12:19pm On Aug 07, 2021
davillian:
They even have tiles grin

lol
Re: Look At A School In Oil Rich Bayelsa State[photos] by wirinet(m): 12:23pm On Aug 07, 2021
mrvitalis:

How much is bayelsa allocation ? Say it na let me know

U know it cost 5 times more to do road in bayelsa than Abuja right ?

Bayelsa Gross allocation for the month of February 2021 was N8,730,011,019.37. - (see the image below)

So if we average that for the year, that works out at about N105 billion for the 12 months of the year.

Meanwhile.....
The total budget for the 2021 fiscal year by the Bayelsa State Government is N290.2 billion, divided into N66,646,082,751 personnel, N80,017,254,683 capital and N66,185,336,658 overhead costs. - https://www.google.com/amp/s/businessday.ng/news/article/diri-proposes-n290-2bn-budget-for-bayelsa-in-2021/amp/

You and I know that overhead and personel costs can never be touched, so if you add the personnel and over head costs which totals N132,831,419,409, you have nothing left for capital projects. In fact you have a deficit of about N27 billion just to meet up with personnel and overhead costs.
And this is the situation for the state with the 4th highest allocation in Nigeria and with the smallest population. Imagine the situation for states with far lower allocations and higher population at the same time.

That most Nigerians are oblivious of the fact that we are in dire economic straits is amazing.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Look At A School In Oil Rich Bayelsa State[photos] by codedguy1(m): 12:55pm On Aug 07, 2021
BabbanBura:

Guy you are taking this the wrong way; the aim of this is to raise awareness for a redress. Do you want these kids to continue like this? I am sure the answer is No. Therefore, the fastest and most often the only way to get the authorities to fix it is by making it public - they feel bad like u do now, and if they feel bad, why allow it go on this long? I guess someone has being diverting the resources meant for maintenence, therefore exposing them is the only way for redressing the situation

The redundant twerp was not trying to create awareness, he wanted to bash Bayelsa as an oil rich state having that kind of school. The rrettardd refused to understand that all our leaders regardless of governing an oil rich or not have failed us.

His myopicness cannot allow him think straight.

I dislike people who try to be petty with sensitive and serious thing like this. What point is he trying to proof?
Re: Look At A School In Oil Rich Bayelsa State[photos] by mrvitalis(m): 12:57pm On Aug 07, 2021
wirinet:

Bayelsa Gross allocation for the month of February 2021 was N8,730,011,019.37. - (see the image below)

So if we average that for the year, that works out at about N105 billion for the 12 months of the year.

Meanwhile.....
The total budget for the 2021 fiscal year by the Bayelsa State Government is N290.2 billion, divided into N66,646,082,751 personnel, N80,017,254,683 capital and N66,185,336,658 overhead costs. - https://www.google.com/amp/s/businessday.ng/news/article/diri-proposes-n290-2bn-budget-for-bayelsa-in-2021/amp/

You and I know that overhead and personel costs can never be touched, so if you add the personnel and over head costs which totals N132,831,419,409, you have nothing left for capital projects. In fact you have a deficit of about N27 billion just to meet up with personnel and overhead costs.
And this is the situation for the state with the 4th highest allocation in Nigeria and with the smallest population. Imagine the situation for states with far lower allocations and higher population at the same time.

That most Nigerians are oblivious of the fact that we are in dire economic straits is amazing.

105 per year that's roughly $200 million dollars ooh for a state of 2 million people with swamp landscape for a whole year

Bayelsa wage structure is among the highest in Nigeria so what's the wage Bill

With a wage Bill of 3 billion dollars u have 5 billion per month or 60 billion a year for capital expenses and runing government

Bayelsa should be making nothing less than $2 billion dollars from her oil and gas a year ...wage Bill would still be the same so they would have over 900 billion a year for capital project ...can u compare 60 billion to 900 billion ?
Re: Look At A School In Oil Rich Bayelsa State[photos] by BabbanBura(m): 1:00pm On Aug 07, 2021
codedguy1:

The redundant twerp was not trying to create awareness, he wanted to bash Bayelsa as an oil rich state having that kind of school. The rrettardd refused to understand that all our leaders regardless of governing an oil rich or not have failed us.

His myopicness cannot allow him think straight.

I dislike people who try to be petty with sensitive and serious thing like this. What point is he trying to proof?

I get your point. He is definitely wrong if this is his mission because it is a leadership issue and naija itself dey inside this boat he is rocking!
Re: Look At A School In Oil Rich Bayelsa State[photos] by Smile4me01(m): 1:18pm On Aug 07, 2021
mocey:
I don't hate ijaws like they hate me, I love them and I want the best for them and I support Ijaw nation, igbos made peace with the Yorubas and even made friends with the ambazonian people

We are just saying the truth, look I don't care about any south Eastern governors, I can blodly say that they are all fulani slaves all of them. you hype the state with that picture secondary school in my area in yenagoa don't have such good structures

Just look at a school in oil rich bayelsa state, you can't find such in dubai, those people over there should be pelting their leaders with eggs

All igbos know our governors have failed, most of them might just be against kanu, I have never seen an Ijaw man critize the governor of bayelsa on here

https://www.biafranboys.org/look-at-school-in-oil-rich-bayelsa-state

Re: Look At A School In Oil Rich Bayelsa State[photos] by Handsomebb: 1:30pm On Aug 07, 2021
WAHALA..... this is even better, go into the very remote places like akkeddei, osisiama, ofoni and others you will cry for education system in Nigeria.
Re: Look At A School In Oil Rich Bayelsa State[photos] by Coldie(m): 3:50pm On Aug 07, 2021
Ipob y are u crying more than the bereaved?
Re: Look At A School In Oil Rich Bayelsa State[photos] by mocey: 3:59pm On Aug 07, 2021
Re: Look At A School In Oil Rich Bayelsa State[photos] by mocey: 3:59pm On Aug 07, 2021
Coldie:
Ipob y are u crying more than the bereaved?

shut up look at the south east version..stop crying,we must speak the truth
Re: Look At A School In Oil Rich Bayelsa State[photos] by Owologbo(m): 8:59pm On Aug 07, 2021
arthurwillia:
Lol
This is a school in Nigeria
I camped in bayelsa and I saw the school in which we camped and it was in a very good shape, new structures.
The school close to the hospital I served, gbaranowei had good structures.

You left that one to show the bad part of bayelsa just for tribalism sake or to prove a point or score a cheap 1/10, your cup of tea.
Do you want to show how public schools in the north are or how schools in the great east or educational oriented west are?

Let’s leave that, do you want to show how universities in Nigeria are today? It’s more than a regional problem but leadership and general problem

This is pathetic, grow up.

Modified
I no know say na biafra 200m senior boys full this thread, one say him whoop him father yansh
The main point you cannot see that in this Nigeria nothing can work but na to Dey swear for people
Useless buffoons.
Eff you all
Don't mind those idi0ts. They are only good at insulting others.
It's like they have a WhatsApp group where they plan on which tribe to attack.
They should continue creating animosity everywhere with their tribal bigotry.
A day is coming, they will eat all the hatred they have been cooking. By then they will know building bridges is better than creating enemies every where.

1 Like

Re: Look At A School In Oil Rich Bayelsa State[photos] by Owologbo(m): 9:08pm On Aug 07, 2021
mocey:

shame on you for even suggesting that a school like this should even exist in bayelsa,you people are now used to suffering that you would hate the man that is trying to save you,well guess what i wont stop you from falling of the cliff,go ahead,how many bayelsan parent can afford the so called good bayelsan school,an oil state like bayelsa should have the best public school system,you people already settled for less,suffer don enter una blody..una leaders don carry una money go cotonou and caymans,you think say clark no get money stashed?by the way i got it from a bayelsan page it was posted by a man from there,if this was in igbo land i would still curse igbo leaders,i dont support nonsense
All the schools in igbo land are in perfect shape, enjoy your perfect schools and stop attacking others. Bayelsan did cry to you for help.
You and your ilks should stop poke nosing in other tribes business and enjoy your perfect states.
I've not seen other tribes attacked your five States or tribe the way you and your types do in this forum.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bishop Oyedepo: Apc Will Not Rule Nigeria Again / London Nothing Hill Carnival: Yoruba Nation Versus Biafra (photos) / Tinubu Writes Reps, Seeks Consideration On Student Loan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.