Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,825 members, 7,810,167 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:23 PM

IGBOLAND Developmental Projects - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IGBOLAND Developmental Projects (6326 Views)

Major Developmental Projects In Imo State / The Current Three Best Governors In Nigeria Based On Developmental Projects / Buhari Arrives Maiduguri To Inaugurate Developmental Projects (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IGBOLAND Developmental Projects by SmartPolician: 7:46am On Aug 07, 2021
horsepower102

Nice thread, bro.

Keep it up!

Following!

3 Likes

Re: IGBOLAND Developmental Projects by horsepower102: 7:48am On Aug 07, 2021
Maranatha Omambala Point -

A new Modern city in the making in Anambra state

https://www.maranathaestates.com/

Re: IGBOLAND Developmental Projects by FreeIgbos: 8:02am On Aug 07, 2021
horsepower102:

HELIU Residencies

New city at New Independence layout with modern lifestyle amenities, including Malls,Hotels, Hospital, Parks, 24/7 electricity and water

https://heliuresidences.com/

I get angry when I see bungalows or even duplexes being built in our cities for commercial estate development. Like seriously, can't these developers seek more funds from banks or any other investors and build at least mini high rise blocks of 10 stories or even 7? Our lands are good enough to support such structures unlike areas like Lagos and P.H that have lots of swamps and mangroves that will require expensive piling before construction. Again, lands are limited, particularly for our massive population!

We really need to start giving this a serious thought. I know if any ambitious and futuristic thinking investor should start it others will definitely queue in. Cities like Enugu, Owerri and others in Igboland seriously needs such residential high rises and believe me, they will be a commercial success!

2 Likes

Re: IGBOLAND Developmental Projects by horsepower102: 8:09am On Aug 07, 2021
FreeIgbos:

I get angry when I see bungalows or even duplexes being built in our cities for commercial estate development. Like seriously, can't these developers seek more funds from banks or any other investors and build at least mini high rise blocks of 10 stories or even 7? Our lands are good enough to support such structures unlike areas like Lagos and P.H that have lots of swamps and mangroves that will require expensive piling before construction. Again, lands are limited, particularly for our massive population!

We really need to start giving this a serious thought. I know if any ambitious and futuristic thinking investor should start it others will definitely queue in. Cities like Enugu, Owerri and others in Igboland seriously needs such residential high rises and believe me, they will be a commercial success!

I think you are missing the main issue. Building high-rises is not the problem for Ndiigbo. Electricity is our major problem. You need lifts in high rise buildings and to power the lifts, you need constant electricity.

5 Likes

Re: IGBOLAND Developmental Projects by FreeIgbos: 8:13am On Aug 07, 2021
horsepower102:
City Gate gas plant, Aba

Shell Nigeria Gas (SNG) has commenced City Gate Gas Plant, a project to ensure safe transmission of gas to power booming businesses in Aba, Abia state’s commerce hub.

Aba City Gate Plant is a facility of 10 million standard cubit feet of gas per day (mmscfd) allowing to 30mmscfd equivalent with 40 megawatts (MW) gas-to-power electricity generation capacity, further expandable to 120MW.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/10/shell-primes-gas-plant-to-power-booming-aba-businesses/

This project has potentials to restore Aba as the industrial giant it used to be. Onitsha and Nnewi also needs this type of investment to boost industrialization.

Kudos horsepower for creating this thread, I see it becoming a thread that will serve as rallying point and help create awareness for this great investments.

God will bless the investors who are bringing their investments home instead of taking it other places where no one appreciates it and would always be at risk.

5 Likes

Re: IGBOLAND Developmental Projects by horsepower102: 8:16am On Aug 07, 2021
FreeIgbos:

This project has potentials to restore Aba as the industrial giant it used to be. Onitsha and Nnewi also needs this type of investment to boost industrialization.

Kudos horsepower for creating this thread, I see it becoming a thread that will serve as rallying point and help create awareness for this great investments.

God will bless the investors who are bringing their investments home instead of taking it other places where no one appreciates it and would always be at risk.

MY Hope is that Nestoil will build their power plant and gasline that will supply Onitsha and Nnewi

3 Likes

Re: IGBOLAND Developmental Projects by FreeIgbos: 8:21am On Aug 07, 2021
horsepower102:

I think you are missing the main issue. Building high-rises is not the problem for Ndiigbo. Electricity is our major problem. You need lifts in high rise buildings and to power the lifts, you need constant electricity.

No, electricity is not the problem, at least for any determined investor. Necessity is the mother of invention. When you're building such penthouse estate, your target is not low income earners but the middle class and rich!

You build the high rise and put in place a solar powered plant with a back up generator. Solar has become increasingly cheap and I believe it is sustainable and has the capacity if large enough to power lifts.

The problem is that investors aren't ambitious enough. Lifts used to be seen as something that can only be found in Lagos or Abuja but today many hotels in Owerri has lifts in them.

Let someone start it today and see if other investors won't follow suit.

3 Likes

Re: IGBOLAND Developmental Projects by knacker(m): 8:24am On Aug 07, 2021
FreeIgbos:

No, electricity is not the problem, at least for any determined investor. Necessity is the mother of invention. When you're building such penthouse estate, your target is not low income earners but the middle class and rich!

You build the high rise and put in place a solar powered plant with a back up generator. Solar has become increasingly cheap and I believe it is sustainable and has the capacity if large enough to power lifts.

The problem is that investors aren't ambitious enough. Lifts used to be seen as something that can only be found in Lagos or Abuja but today many hotels in Owerri has lifts in them.

Solar isn't the real deal
We need pure electricity

7 Likes

Re: IGBOLAND Developmental Projects by horsepower102: 8:32am On Aug 07, 2021
FreeIgbos:

I agree with you to some degree but I think its not fair to compare hotels to residential buildings. Hotels generate higher revenues and can afford to run generators 24/7 but a regular landlord cannot afford the same without drastically increasing rent.

Also you will need to install massive amounts of battery which is very expensive to reliably power the lifts with solar power. Maybe in the near future when prices of battery and solar becomes much cheaper.

Finally, Lifts needs periodic maintenance unless it will fail and tenants will be stranded.

1 Like

Re: IGBOLAND Developmental Projects by EVshowmax: 8:36am On Aug 07, 2021
Re: IGBOLAND Developmental Projects by FreeIgbos: 9:42am On Aug 07, 2021
horsepower102:

I agree with you to some degree but I think its not fair to compare hotels to residential buildings. Hotels generate higher revenues and can afford to run generators 24/7 but a regular landlord cannot afford the same without drastically increasing rent.

Also you will need to install massive amounts of battery which is very expensive to reliably power the lifts with solar power. Maybe in the near future when prices of battery and solar becomes much cheaper.

Finally, Lifts needs periodic maintenance unless it will fail and tenants will be stranded.

Yes, I understand that hotels generate higher revenue, and on a daily basis too so sustaining diesel powered generator will be easy. However, that's why I'm advocating for the use of solar in the residential estate for powering lifts because they're a lot cheaper and easy to maintain.

I personally use solar system both in my house and in the office. I have 12 panels at home that generate 1.8kw with 720alms battery cummulatively and it is enough to power virtually almost everything. Solar panels and battery have become a lot cheaper these days and I'm surprised when I see people using noisy generator and wasting money on expensive fuel. Though, I don't know the energy requirement that will power lifts but I believe that with 25 panels on the roof and industrial size batteries with 3000 alms capacity may be enough to power lift.

Of course, any mechanical operation will require periodic maintenance but there is also emergency stair case. I have seen 5 and 6 storey buildings in Aba that uses only staircase grin grin

2 Likes

Re: IGBOLAND Developmental Projects by FreeIgbos: 9:45am On Aug 07, 2021
knacker:

Solar isn't the real deal
We need pure electricity

But electricity generation and distribution is still in the exclusive list and Nigerian government has not shown that it's committed to giving Nigerians 24/7 electricity even in the distant future.

So what's the way out or are we to wait for Biafra??

2 Likes

Re: IGBOLAND Developmental Projects by knacker(m): 9:49am On Aug 07, 2021
FreeIgbos:

But electricity generation and distribution is still in the exclusive list and Nigerian government has not shown that it's committed to giving Nigerians 24/7 electricity even in the distant future.

So what's the way out or are we to wait for Biafra??
We can't wait for Nigeria
I expected some of our governor's ,elites n professionals to invest in electricity e.g Geometric Power by Prof Nnaji, we av to wait to get the crop of leaders dat will put Development of east first tho sadly it's not anytime soon until we the new generation take things up

3 Likes

Re: IGBOLAND Developmental Projects by FreeIgbos: 10:29am On Aug 07, 2021
horsepower102:
Aba leather City Industrial Park

Platform Capital is pleased to announce the ground-breaking ceremony of its Leather City Park (“Leather City”) and NIBRA Designs Limited (“NIBRA”) – a shoe production initiative in Ariara market, Aba, Abia. The shoe factory will be the largest in sub-Saharan Africa, leveraging world class Brazilian technology. The NIBRA facility will launch with an initial capacity of 10,000 pairs a day, growing to 100,000 in 5 years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cv1gLo1BjWE

Aba and Nnewi are the two cities that give me the biggest hope in our dream of having a prosperous and industrialized Biafra. These 2 cities are raw gold waiting to be harnessed but unfortunately, Nigerian factor has ensured they remain deplorable.

There is no difference with the expertise and enterprising nature obtainable in Aba and Nnewi in terms of industrial scale production with what the Asians are doing. The only thing is that while the Asians have responsible government that has provided all the basic things like electricity, good roads, and an enabling environment for business to thrive, those in Nigeria are totally useless!

Aba is a city that is sprawling with productivity going on in a large scale wherever you turn. Go to Bakassi area in Ariaria and you will marvel at the endless number of shops producing all kinds of footwears, bags, belts etc. You go to Kent/Azikiwe/Asa areas and you will see all manner of cloths from boxers, singlets, socks, bedspreads, suits, natives and even security uniforms and any manner of clothing you can think of. But the biggest problem is that everything is still mostly at the rudimentary levels with all man for himself and thousands of generators humming angrily. No government incentive or assistance whatsoever! These highly talented people make very little margins as profits which makes it almost impossible for them to muster enough resources to upgrade, so you see them struggling at same levels they were decades ago!! Aba has the capacity to chase Chinese products out of Subsaharan Africa if only they can enjoy government assistance!

Same thing is happening in Nnewi, aside Innoson that is the poster boy of car manufacturing in this part of the world, there are many small and medium scale producers of motor spare parts in Nnewi. Just like in Aba, they too are not enjoying any government support. I laugh when people are talking about crude oil, even though Imo State has considerable amount of it. With cities like Aba and Nnewi, if fully optimized, Biafra will never lack anything!

Aba and Nnewi are our best kept secrets waiting for refining!!

2 Likes

Re: IGBOLAND Developmental Projects by oilyngbati(m): 10:57am On Aug 07, 2021
Give it up already, the hunchback terrorist nnamdi cownu has destroyed the brain of Igbo youths. Igbo youths no longer believe in themselves, hence are now using tramadol and other forms of drugs,,,,thanks to Ipob bingos. nnamdi cownu and his Ipob bingos have totally destroyed Igbo social and political capitals. Aku ruo ulo has been Igbo saying, but now aku na gba zi oso from aligbo.

No one goes to invest in an unstable region. Asaba is now a booming town, thanks to activities of ipob/ESN/unknown gunmen.
Re: IGBOLAND Developmental Projects by gwafaeziokwu: 11:43am On Aug 07, 2021
Kudos @horsepower.

Please if you want this thread to achieve its aim, ignore the rabid dog that just barked and many more that will visit here. This thread is not good for some people sanity so they will loose it eventually.

2 Likes

Re: IGBOLAND Developmental Projects by horsepower102: 11:56am On Aug 07, 2021
Enyimba Mall Outlet Shop

Enyimba Mall Outlet Shops is the largest commercial complex with over 10,000 square metres of shopping spaces, built over 18,000 square metres of prime property within the city centre of Aba "Eyimba City". It is a modern and environmentally friendly shopping mall designed to be a one-stop complex to showcase goods, products, and services from different sectors of the economy.

https://www.enyimbamall.com/#about

Re: IGBOLAND Developmental Projects by BiafraAburi: 12:15pm On Aug 07, 2021
FreeIgbos:

Lack of steady electricity is the problem why this is not happening.

1 Like

Re: IGBOLAND Developmental Projects by heniford2: 12:17pm On Aug 07, 2021
Make your money oh igbos in next 10 years skyline building will start flooding east side i plan to start 12 stories building soon with lock up stores in One day road Enugu soon

1 Like

Re: IGBOLAND Developmental Projects by Nobody: 12:23pm On Aug 07, 2021
horsepower102:
Maranatha Omambala Point -

A new Modern city in the making in Anambra state

https://www.maranathaestates.com/
I like this in particular.... Nice .. developing one of those islands offshore onitsha

1 Like

Re: IGBOLAND Developmental Projects by horsepower102: 12:25pm On Aug 07, 2021
Ebonyi Airport

One of governor umahi signature project that aims to establish an airport in Ebonyi state. The airport will serve ebonyi state, parts of abia and cross rivers state.

Re: IGBOLAND Developmental Projects by stanluiz(m): 12:47pm On Aug 07, 2021
Good job by Op. I hope all this project are real. I don't want white elephant project.
Re: IGBOLAND Developmental Projects by horsepower102: 10:28pm On Aug 07, 2021
Global International Market

This is a proposed massive market with warehousing logistics along onitsha-owerri expressway.

Presentation video is below. Start from 37:35

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhRpSGQgU8E

Re: IGBOLAND Developmental Projects by theTranscriber: 10:41pm On Aug 07, 2021
Very good

Re: IGBOLAND Developmental Projects by theTranscriber: 10:42pm On Aug 07, 2021
stanluiz:
Good job by Op. I hope all this project are real. I don't want white elephant project.
hmmm

Re: IGBOLAND Developmental Projects by PROUDIGBO(m): 12:58am On Aug 08, 2021
FreeIgbos:

I share your sentiments on the matter!

ALL the new developments of estates and cities in the south-east are bungalow or duplex constructions, thereby not maximising space! You never see the highrises shown in the glossy 3-D renderings being built. I understand there's the issue of funding, but then if the gov't and coys concerned don't have a cast-iron guarantee for funding, they should stop wetting our appetite with what they don't have the funds to build.

A huge part of the problem is the political-economy of the country which doesn't present a level playing field for cities in the south-east in relation with other cities in Nigeria like Lagos and Abuja that find it easier to garner the funds for ambitious projects! For us to get the required level and quality of projects and infrastructure needed in the south-east, we either have to have a TOTAL restructuring of the Nigerian polity or go for a independent Alaigbo/Biafra Republic! Even a wealthy state like Anambra can't fire on all cylinders until either of the two options mentioned become a reality!

1 Like

Re: IGBOLAND Developmental Projects by AtlanticB(m): 1:05am On Aug 08, 2021
shocked shocked
Re: IGBOLAND Developmental Projects by Sergio101(m): 1:29am On Aug 08, 2021
cool
Nice thread. Thank you so much dear op.
Re: IGBOLAND Developmental Projects by afube: 2:38am On Aug 08, 2021
oilyngbati:
Give it up already, the hunchback terrorist nnamdi cownu has destroyed the brain of Igbo youths. Igbo youths no longer believe in themselves, hence are now using tramadol and other forms of drugs,,,,thanks to Ipob bingos. nnamdi cownu and his Ipob bingos have totally destroyed Igbo social and political capitals. Aku ruo ulo has been Igbo saying, but now aku na gba zi oso from aligbo.

No one goes to invest in an unstable region. Asaba is now a booming town, thanks to activities of ipob/ESN/unknown gunmen.

Afonja rat ! crawl back into your sewer abode please............
Re: IGBOLAND Developmental Projects by Ulunne777(f): 3:18am On Aug 08, 2021
FreeIgbos:

Aba is solving it's housing needs. The no of 4,5,6 storey buildings I saw recently was crazy without govt supportoo. All private ppties.Im sure they'd do more if not for electricity n govt restrictions.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Do Nigerians Hate Their Country? / Jonathan And Buhari [pics] Who Looks Better? / Next Governor Of Imo State 2015.pix

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.