Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,834 members, 7,817,450 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:27 PM

IGBOLAND Developmental Projects - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IGBOLAND Developmental Projects (6339 Views)

Major Developmental Projects In Imo State / The Current Three Best Governors In Nigeria Based On Developmental Projects / Buhari Arrives Maiduguri To Inaugurate Developmental Projects (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IGBOLAND Developmental Projects by velocity25(m): 5:30am On Aug 08, 2021
No update from Asaba?
Re: IGBOLAND Developmental Projects by horsepower102: 6:57am On Aug 08, 2021
Niger Garden City, Asaba

Niger garden city is a new planned city situated north of Asaba city on the banks of River Niger. It will have residential district, hotel, business district, light industrial and shopping Mall. Project is still in the early phase.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTqpL4y59B0

2 Likes

Re: IGBOLAND Developmental Projects by Nobody: 2:19pm On Aug 08, 2021
Nigercity:

Yes I believe you
Most of them are very slow,
But I think government should always do a background check of the private company before entering pop
Also big names and companies like innoson, emeka offor, eze Arthur, air peace boss and co
Should enter this ppp of a thing, not some upcoming private company
The slowness in most of these projects is heart breaking
Check out the enyimba mall that has been in construction for how many years now, the worst part is that is above 70% construction since December 2019 yet up till now the Never finish.
Enyimba economic city sounds more like an audio project, no update from there website nothing nothing, no block has been layed,
And government should stop giving individual Large project without entering agreement on completion deadline, if possible many other companies should participate in handling of these projects

Enyimba strip mall suffered a setback during the End Sars crisis. The building was vandalized and looted. The promoter had to in some cases bring down whole section of the building ,but ,its heading for opening this ember period.

The covid 19 crisis dealt a major blow to the enyimba economic city. A project like that is more vast than even the Eko Atlantic city and will take decades to actualize. The state government of Abia state knew this and that's why the acquired land and set up and handed over the project to a registered body EECDC . The also passed into law a legislation granting autonomy and security to the body .The did this to avoid cannibalism of the project by future regimes.

Meanwhile ,there are companies already in operation in the location the city .I believe that once the anchor tenant - Ruyi group is ready and comitts funds, the city will now take off in full along with the long overdue geometric power plant Aba.

You have to understand that Nigeria has no infrastructural development fund set aside to power industrialization - hence the failure of many feasible projects to take off.
It took the Anoh gas project in imo 4-6 years to secure funding , NlNG just secured funding this year after close to 6 years etc.

Most of these projects hopefully will secure funding and become a reality.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: IGBOLAND Developmental Projects by AtlanticB(m): 3:24pm On Aug 08, 2021
velocity25:
No update from Asaba?
wetin consign asaba (bini people) with igboland
Re: IGBOLAND Developmental Projects by Sergio101(m): 3:49pm On Aug 08, 2021
AtlanticB:
Watch your mouth Fulani puppet. The era of divide and rule has gone

7 Likes

Re: IGBOLAND Developmental Projects by melodyogonna(m): 4:25pm On Aug 08, 2021
FreeIgbos:

I get angry when I see bungalows or even duplexes being built in our cities for commercial estate development. Like seriously, can't these developers seek more funds from banks or any other investors and build at least mini high rise blocks of 10 stories or even 7? Our lands are good enough to support such structures unlike areas like Lagos and P.H that have lots of swamps and mangroves that will require expensive piling before construction. Again, lands are limited, particularly for our massive population!

We really need to start giving this a serious thought. I know if any ambitious and futuristic thinking investor should start it others will definitely queue in. Cities like Enugu, Owerri and others in Igboland seriously needs such residential high rises and believe me, they will be a commercial success!
Yeah, but those high rises use lifts which in turn requires electricity, and we lack electricity in this country.

2 Likes

Re: IGBOLAND Developmental Projects by AtlanticB(m): 4:30pm On Aug 08, 2021
Sergio101:

nothing like divide and rule oga, they have made it clear they are not Igbo but bini people. So stop disgracing us. embarassed

Re: IGBOLAND Developmental Projects by melodyogonna(m): 4:32pm On Aug 08, 2021
heniford2:
Make your money oh igbos in next 10 years skyline building will start flooding east side i plan to start 12 stories building soon with lock up stores in One day road Enugu soon
How do you plan to handle lifts?
Re: IGBOLAND Developmental Projects by melodyogonna(m): 4:34pm On Aug 08, 2021
afube:

Afonja rat ! crawl back into your sewer abode please............
Please don’t reply such comments again, it’ll only result in you both going back and forth with insults and derailing the thread

3 Likes

Re: IGBOLAND Developmental Projects by paramakina202: 4:44pm On Aug 08, 2021
agulion:
My brother, the bottom line is that we don't want to be seen or addressed as Nigerians, we have rejected Nigeria , Nigeria is curse

Igbos are allergic to project and development.
Re: IGBOLAND Developmental Projects by velocity25(m): 4:53pm On Aug 08, 2021
AtlanticB:
please do not talk so,
Re: IGBOLAND Developmental Projects by heniford2: 5:07pm On Aug 08, 2021
melodyogonna:

How do you plan to handle lifts?
how don't understand
Re: IGBOLAND Developmental Projects by melodyogonna(m): 5:19pm On Aug 08, 2021
heniford2:
how don't understand
How will you deal with the electricity required for the lifts? Or you don’t intend to install lifts?
Re: IGBOLAND Developmental Projects by heniford2: 5:25pm On Aug 08, 2021
melodyogonna:

How will you deal with the electricity required for the lifts? Or you don’t intend to install lifts?
will sources for solar power on it

3 Likes

Re: IGBOLAND Developmental Projects by melodyogonna(m): 5:31pm On Aug 08, 2021
heniford2:
will sources for solar power on it
Nice. Hopefully, more real estate developers will follow. Cos we need high rises to be able to provide enough apartments for our population

3 Likes

Re: IGBOLAND Developmental Projects by vasel15: 5:35pm On Aug 08, 2021
horsepower102:
Anambra International Airport

This magnificent project is still in its first phase. Future plans is to build an industrial, residential and trade clusters around it.

Nice thread and this is the most important one we need to fly from igbo land

2 Likes

Re: IGBOLAND Developmental Projects by heniford2: 5:36pm On Aug 08, 2021
melodyogonna:

Nice. Hopefully, more real estate developers will follow. Cos we need high rises to be able to provide enough apartments for our population
i already have two 3 story building at agbani Road and and 2 in transekulu Enugu state

3 Likes

Re: IGBOLAND Developmental Projects by horsepower102: 5:42pm On Aug 08, 2021
velocity25:
please do not talk so,

My brother please ignore voices of division. I am from a community close to Asaba and Asaba is an Igbo city. There is no single doubt about it.

Ignore voices of division.

7 Likes

Re: IGBOLAND Developmental Projects by velocity25(m): 5:51pm On Aug 08, 2021
horsepower102:

My brother please ignore voices of division. I am from a community close to Asaba and Asaba is an Igbo city. There is no single doubt about it.

thank you brotherly, we must continue.

4 Likes

Re: IGBOLAND Developmental Projects by Nobody: 7:25pm On Aug 08, 2021
melodyogonna:

High rises will definitely come once we resolve the electricity problems.

The minister of power declared some years back that one neither had to apply to NERC nor connect to the national grid power plants of less than 1MW .

I saw plants like that on marina axis of Lagos used to power the skyscrapers there.

We have a similar plant powering Ariaria market Aba. many multinationals in the East also now power their companies independent of the national grid.
The onus now lies on the state governments to mobilize the private sector in providing such plants to power 24/7 some choice areas in our cities.

Yes the structure of Nigeria limits what the state governments can do, but there are enough leeway that the (state government) can manoeuvre in.

4 Likes

Re: IGBOLAND Developmental Projects by horsepower102: 7:31pm On Aug 08, 2021
eduj:

High rises will definitely come once we resolve the electricity problems.

The minister of power declared some years back that one neither had to apply to NERC nor connect to the national grid power plants of less than 1MW .

I saw plants like that on marina axis of Lagos used to power the skyscrapers there.

We have a similar plant powering Ariaria market Aba. many multinationals in the East also now power their companies independent of the national grid.
The onus now lies on the state governments to mobilize the private sector in providing such plants to power 24/7 some choice areas in our cities.

Yes the structure of Nigeria limits what the state governments can do, but there are enough leeway that the (state government) can manoeuvre in.

Very great point!
Gas supply is the key. Once the East gets gas supply network, the proliferation of 1MW power plants all over the place will be shocking.
Igboland dont have gas pipelines network yet but in 5 years, we should once ANOH, waltersmith, shell, Nestoil, Geometric etc completes their pipelines.
If this happens, anyone who wants to build high rise buildings and with their own power plant can easily do that.

4 Likes

Re: IGBOLAND Developmental Projects by PROUDIGBO(m): 8:54pm On Aug 08, 2021
melodyogonna:

Yeah, but those high rises use lifts which in turn requires electricity, and we lack electricity in this country.

So what did Lagos , Abuja....and to a lesser extent, Port Harcourt do to be able to build high-rise structures?
Re: IGBOLAND Developmental Projects by FreeIgbos: 8:55pm On Aug 08, 2021
horsepower102:

I like the way you added Asaba which is a 100% Igbo city and ignored the other one that many tribes are contesting ownership of. Asaba is already fully integrated with other parts of Igboland and is now more or less a twin city with Onitsha. We must continue to carry everyone along and ignore those still battling with identity crises.

The next area we should be thinking of in the near future is regional integration through Intercity rail network to connect all our major cities.

2 Likes

Re: IGBOLAND Developmental Projects by melodyogonna(m): 8:57pm On Aug 08, 2021
PROUDIGBO:

So what did Lagos , Abuja....and to a lesser extent, Port Harcourt do to be able to build high-rise structures?
Have you checked the prices of those buildings?
Re: IGBOLAND Developmental Projects by melodyogonna(m): 8:58pm On Aug 08, 2021
horsepower102:

Very great point!
Gas supply is the key. Once the East gets gas supply network, the proliferation of 1MW power plants all over the place will be shocking.
Igboland dont have gas pipelines network yet but in 5 years, we should once ANOH, waltersmith, shell, Nestoil, Geometric etc completes their pipelines.
If this happens, anyone who wants to build high rise buildings and with their own power plant can easily do that.
Beautiful
Re: IGBOLAND Developmental Projects by Cjrane2: 9:22pm On Aug 08, 2021
Sergio101:

Fulani does not even know that an average Asaba man is more Igbo than any Igbo clan in the southeast geographical space. Even in my own family!

I am glad that Fulanis and Buhari have helped us to see the light. My own family members have shocked me recently with their actions and pronouncements.

2 Likes

Re: IGBOLAND Developmental Projects by Nobody: 9:39pm On Aug 08, 2021
horsepower102:

Very great point!

True, gas supply is key. The AKK project copied from the SS- SW gas pipeline during objs tenure ,which in turn was copied from shells owaza -aba gas pipeline shows the route to industrialization.

While waiting for the proliferation of gas pipelines in the East, we can use the activities of middlemen like power gas .They truck gas in specialized trucks to industries. It's imperative the building of highrise buildings become a norm in the next decade to allow for better land management (something the East lacks).

As of today, Aba is the only Eastern with a gas pipeline infrastructure and it's reaping heavily as a result.
Anambra have achieved a massive feat with the international airport, but we hope that in coming years they get to develope gas supply infrastructure to totally reinvigorate the manufacturing industry in onitsha and nnewi.

3 Likes

Re: IGBOLAND Developmental Projects by Ulunne777(f): 4:19pm On Aug 09, 2021
Cjrane2:

Fulani does not even know that an average Asaba man is more Igbo than any Igbo clan in the southeast geographical space. Even in my own family!

I am glad that Fulanis and Buhari have helped us to see the light. My own family members have shocked me recently with their actions and pronouncements.

gbam ukwu n'eze. what were the pronouncements and actions.
I follow Harrison Gwamnishu on fb, he's from Anioma and when he had interview With BBC igbo, I could hear him well.How did ppl get confused?
Re: IGBOLAND Developmental Projects by horsepower102: 7:05am On Aug 27, 2021
ANAM new city project

ANAM city is a dynamic model for sustainable development that balances ecology with economic growth, delivers world-class quality of life across generations and leverages technology within the African culture of collective progress.
ANAM is simultaneously a model city and a new model for sustainable development in Africa. It is a project that fundamentally reorganizes society in order to bring about real and lasting change.

https://www.lowdo.net/work/anam-city

http://www.newtowninstitute.org/newtowndata/newtown.php?newtownId=1939

Re: IGBOLAND Developmental Projects by ThEGodFaThEr104: 8:16am On Aug 27, 2021
heniford2:
i already have two 3 story building at agbani Road and and 2 in transekulu Enugu state
Look into investing in shipping container terminal, there's mad money in it.

1 Like

Re: IGBOLAND Developmental Projects by horsepower102: 3:02pm On Aug 29, 2021
Proposed Redesign of Ariaria International Market

The developers have committed to completing the required work in the phase which includes establishment of proper drainage channels within the affected lines, construction of new shops and parks, before the first week of December 2021.

2 Likes

Re: IGBOLAND Developmental Projects by horsepower102: 6:56am On Sep 03, 2021
Crown City, Awka

CROWN CITY ESTATE could not have been better located for you. The massive parcel
3,000,000 sqms Estate is situated along the beautiful Ezu river in Amansea Awka.
in Awka north Local government area of Anambra state.

Crown is actually a City of multiple high and medium density estates developed with state of the art infrastructure and it is about 3 kilometres from the Enugu Onistha express road, 5 Minutes drive fromthe rapidly developing Nnamdi Azikiwe university back gate area in ifite Awka and approximately 20 Minutes drive to The Alex Ekwueme square in Awka.
The title is Global certificate of occupancy and all the roads in the layout will be ashphalted with concrete drainages and the Ezu river
thoroughly landscaped for beauty and ambience of land of approximately now known as Crown City.

https://crownestateby4clans.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/CROWN-CITY-ESTATE-PROPOSAL-i-1.pdf

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDnP-Vo1b6I

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Okwara Withdraws From Abia APC Reps Primaries, Cites 'undemocratic Imposition' / LAGOS -Non Igbos And IGBOS Reject CENSUS / Two Dead In Gunfight Near Sokoto Police Zonal HQ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.