Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,084 members, 7,814,749 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:51 PM

Beating Your Child; Good Or Bad, Share Your Thoughts.. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Beating Your Child; Good Or Bad, Share Your Thoughts.. (443 Views)

FRSC Reacts To Woman Beating Video, "The Woman Attacked Officer First' / Video Of FRSC Officer Beating A Lady On The Road Goes Viral / SARS Beating A Man To Coma (Disturbing Video, Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beating Your Child; Good Or Bad, Share Your Thoughts.. by arthurwillia(m): 1:42pm On Aug 07, 2021
I woke up this morning and I saw two young sisters o do about 6 and 8 and on their body was visible marks, I was perplexed as who will give such a mark to them. I called and asked them, who beat you like this and they said,”my mom used wire to flog us because both of us were fighting”. Visible marks on their neck and arms and legs.

I was like how will you give such marks to small children like that. Growing up, i can’t really recall my parents beating me except just punishments and I don’t think I can inflict such mark on a child.

But share your thoughts today, what do you think?

Attached are less graphics pics

Re: Beating Your Child; Good Or Bad, Share Your Thoughts.. by Righteousness2(m): 1:50pm On Aug 07, 2021
Beating a child or punishing a child for wrong doing is Part of training up a child and it is very good. Let no one Deceive you with so called Modernity.

What is bad is Beating a Child to death or beating a Child without using your sense.

He that spareth his rod hateth his son: but he that loveth him chasteneth him betimes.

There is a time to laugh
There is a time to correct
There is a time to Punish
There is a time to Flog.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Beating Your Child; Good Or Bad, Share Your Thoughts.. by XXXXTENTACION: 2:04pm On Aug 07, 2021
Righteousness2:
Beating a child or punishing a child for wrong doing is Part of training up a child and it is very good. Let no one Deceive you with so called Modernity.

What is bad is Beating a Child to death or beating a Child without using your sense.

There is a time to laugh
There is a time to Flog.
Nobody has the intention of beating a child to death but then in the process it can lead to death..... undecided
not only death but emotional abuse too....
children are also human beings and they have feelings too.... undecided
they are many ways to correct a child without abusing them....
Re: Beating Your Child; Good Or Bad, Share Your Thoughts.. by Vision4God: 2:13pm On Aug 07, 2021
Do not withhold discipline from a child; if you strike him with a rod, he will not die. If you strike him with the rod, you will save his soul from Sheol. My son, if your heart is wise, my heart too will be glad.
Prov 23:13-15

And also know that too much of everything is bad.
Bible also warn, parents not to provoke their children.

An adage says in my language, when you discipline a child with your left hand, draw him/her close with your right hand.
Re: Beating Your Child; Good Or Bad, Share Your Thoughts.. by AOresources: 2:17pm On Aug 07, 2021
Righteousness2:

There is a time to laugh
There is a time to Flog.

You seem addicted to nairaland..channel your energy to forums that pays to post
Re: Beating Your Child; Good Or Bad, Share Your Thoughts.. by Nobody: 2:29pm On Aug 07, 2021
Baba if not for beating some of us for be werey. Do you till date, I don't keep late nights. I don't feel comfortable staying out 7:30pm, talk more of clubbing and other late night activities; I am not saying that clubbing is wrong/evil because I no dey play am but most evils, much bigger vices are done in the nights.

Some presumed good behaviours i have was gotten in the place of beating...I no dey pick money today, because anyhow you spend more than necessary, you go tender account. God safe your soul e no pass your stipend. Now it became part of me not to part with what I can't render account of.

Like the biblical allusion says "spare the rod and spoil the child". If you don't beat the consciousness of good behaviour into them now, you don contribute to dey fail the already spoilt society.

That don't beat my pikin for me na im spoil these younger generations wey no get fear for parents and elders again.

Abegi no argue with Stockholm syndrome yen yen...pikin need beating jor for better society
Re: Beating Your Child; Good Or Bad, Share Your Thoughts.. by Nobody: 2:36pm On Aug 07, 2021
Depends
Re: Beating Your Child; Good Or Bad, Share Your Thoughts.. by JaneYave(f): 3:10pm On Aug 07, 2021
BAD, But a must especially when talking fails. That one comes in a brain-resetting version. We are mothers; we hold the cane and fish.
Re: Beating Your Child; Good Or Bad, Share Your Thoughts.. by Nobody: 3:21pm On Aug 07, 2021
Righteousness2:

There is a time to laugh
There is a time to Flog.

all this while I thought you had sense

Re: Beating Your Child; Good Or Bad, Share Your Thoughts.. by Nobody: 3:25pm On Aug 07, 2021
inspirator1:
Baba if not for beating some of us for be werey. Do you till date, I don't keep late nights. I don't feel comfortable staying out 7:30pm, talk more of clubbing and other late night activities; I am not saying that clubbing is wrong/evil because I no dey play am but most evils, much bigger vices are done in the nights.

Some presumed good behaviours i have was gotten in the place of beating...I no dey pick money today, because anyhow you spend more than necessary, you go tender account. God safe your soul e no pass your stipend. Now it became part of me not to part with what I can't render account of.

Like the biblical allusion says "spare the rod and spoil the child". If you don't beat the consciousness of good behaviour into them now, you don contribute to dey fail the already spoilt society.

That don't beat my pikin for me na im spoil these younger generations wey no get fear for parents and elders again.

Abegi no argue with Stockholm syndrome yen yen...pikin need beating jor for better society

you don't feel comfortable staying out 7:30pm is not because of the beating,

its because you have sense to know what's right and what's wrong!
Re: Beating Your Child; Good Or Bad, Share Your Thoughts.. by realstars: 3:38pm On Aug 07, 2021
Spare the rod and spoill the child, the day you try to correct the spoiled child, you will find them in the street.
Punish the child and let him know the area and why he deserve it, but not to damage thire God given buty, that will chase their heart against homely love to street.
Re: Beating Your Child; Good Or Bad, Share Your Thoughts.. by Sonnobax15(m): 4:21pm On Aug 07, 2021
undecided
Na only God know how many times and how many types of walking stick wey my popsman land for my head when I dey small....

The truth is that my brothers and I aren't humble today simply because of the beatingand multiple punishment that we received from our parents, especially my popsman wey be ex-military man undecided. ....But growing up on the streets alone taught us alot of lessons....

Imagine you finding yourself in a public school not because your parents couldn't afford the school fees of a private school undecided. But they did it to us,but na only God know why........And as well as trekking several miles to school.... Chaiiii,that one alone na punishment na...
Re: Beating Your Child; Good Or Bad, Share Your Thoughts.. by Nobody: 6:34pm On Aug 07, 2021
michael77777:

you don't feel comfortable staying out 7:30pm is not because of the beating,

its because you have sense to know what's right and what's wrong!

Baba we grew up with curfew in our house. You don't stay outside 7:00pm no matter who you be...unless you wan sleep where you go and if you dare sleep outside get ready for bigger gbese.

Dad himself had to live by example, even momsi kpatakpata 5:00pm she dey house.

Bros we dey go bed for my house like fowl..by 8:00pm everybody dey bed o till now..aswear no be mouth...who go come open gate or door for you, when key don enter popsi room.

Even me as I dey leave, travel go house at my old age the rule still dey in place. Guess family is more of conservatives.

(1) (Reply)

Police Beg Public To Locate Family Of 13-year-old Ebonyi Boy Found In Asaba / Horror As Man Kills Wife, Son, Injures Six Others / Hisbah Kicks As Amotekun Declares Accountant General Ahmed Idris Wanted For Marr

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.