Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,740 members, 7,824,132 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:58 PM

With Officers Like CSP Olumuyiwa Adejobi, The Police Is A Friend - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / With Officers Like CSP Olumuyiwa Adejobi, The Police Is A Friend (268 Views)

Olumuyiwa Adejobi: You Have No Right To Respond If A Policeman Slaps You / IGP Confirms Appointment Of CSP Olumuyiwa Adejobi As 25th Indigenous Force PRO / Police PRO, CP Frank Mba Proceeds To NIPSS, Hands Over To Deputy, CSP Olumuyiwa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

With Officers Like CSP Olumuyiwa Adejobi, The Police Is A Friend by tesimoor(f): 4:04pm On Aug 07, 2021
By Theresa Moses

Like they say, soldier go soldier come, barrack remains the same. The Nigerian Police Force has its ups and downs especially with the crop of bad eggs among the good ones, but who can tell who is what. But As a journalist, especially a security news publisher, covering the police has opened my eyes to so many things, the good, the bad and the ugly. One thing is for sure, the day I encountered CSP Olumyiwa Adejobi will never be forgotten.

Like every journalist looking to always break the news and get connected to the source, which is key; I just wanted to see a different side of the force, a positive one. December 9, 2020, I walked into the Lagos State Police Command, Ikeja, and was introduced to CSP Olumuyiwa Adejobi (mnipr), the Police Public Relations Officer seated in a Patrol Hilux vehicle. We exchanged pleasantries. I engaged him in a chat which ended up with light jokes as laughter filled the air. It was indeed a moment that changed it all. I knew, for sure, that he's so passionate about the job and is willing to die for the job, if circumstances demand it.

As days, weeks, months passed by, I get first-hand information and clarification from the PPRO also when I come to cover parades of suspects at the headquarters. I found out that despite his ever-demanding job, he replies to messages as quickly as possible and is always ready to listen and clear the air on fake news and the like. I stay afar, wondering how he gets the energy to always respond, send press releases, organise press conferences and still endeavour not offend any reporter. I must confess, dealing with the media is not an easy job, the print with its deadlines, the electronic with its visuals and the new media which wants to be heard - all are in a hurry to break news without proper clarification.

April 16, 2021, was another memorable encounter with the PPRO: Reality dawned on me after the exclusive interview with CSP Adejobi when he let it all out. As a journalist, I’ve heard so much about him and I began to wonder what sort of a person is this? Over an hour, he passionately talked about the Police Force, what you would change, your preferred punishment for bad eggs spoiling the good image of the force, how you manage the media, personal life and more. Getting you to grant the interview wasn’t easy. Waiting for over 4 hours in the office for the interview, as he responded to my call saying he was on duty with the Commissioner of Police, Hakeem Odumosu, yet got me updated that he will make it up as soon as he was done with the boss. If it were other officers, they would not care to reply or even grant the interview that very day as there was enough reason to give an excuse. But Muyiwa didn’t give an excuse, he kept his words and the interview was granted even with people waiting to see you.

I was listening to the way he answered the questions effortlessly and passionately, so keen on succeeding in the fight against crime and criminality in Lagos State. There and then I knew I have a genuine friend in the Police Force. I wish more were like you, passionate, selfless and god-fearing. I want to celebrate you while you are still alive. I want you to know that you are a good man and one of the best things to ever happen to the Police Force. As you move to the next level, I pray you continue your good deed. Thanks for being a good friend of the media and will always support your good deed whenever you need it.

Multiple award-winning Osun State-born Prince; CSP Olumuyiwa Adejobi, former Police Public Relations Officer, Lagos State Command, Ikeja, hails from Owu Kingdom, a royal family that has produced many police officers. Currently, five of his family members work with the Nigeria Police Force.

The ever-smiling ex-Lagos Police spokesman is a member of associations and professional bodies, including Nigerian Institute of Public Relations, Pointman Leadership Institute, USA; International Association of Chiefs of Police, United States of America; Institute of Corporate Administration, Nigeria; Boys Brigade, Church of Nigeria Anglican Communion as well as several social clubs in Nigeria and abroad.

Among his awards are Best Police Public Relations Officer in West Africa, by Security Watch Africa, Dubai, United Arab Emirate; Best Police Public Relations Officer in Nigeria, by Security Watch Africa, Johannesburg, South Africa; merit award by Nigerian Institute of Public Relations, Ogun State Chapter.

Re: With Officers Like CSP Olumuyiwa Adejobi, The Police Is A Friend by Nobody: 4:05pm On Aug 07, 2021
How much did he pay for this?
Re: With Officers Like CSP Olumuyiwa Adejobi, The Police Is A Friend by Nobody: 4:13pm On Aug 07, 2021
Nigeria police are the most patience police in the world, which country on earth almost all their citizen are into crime, Yahoo Yahoo, ritual , kidnapping, bandit, Boko Haram, one chance, etc....
Re: With Officers Like CSP Olumuyiwa Adejobi, The Police Is A Friend by Africana1123(m): 4:17pm On Aug 07, 2021
O
Re: With Officers Like CSP Olumuyiwa Adejobi, The Police Is A Friend by Sugardick: 4:33pm On Aug 07, 2021
format
Re: With Officers Like CSP Olumuyiwa Adejobi, The Police Is A Friend by FreeStuffsNG: 4:38pm On Aug 07, 2021
He has always been like that. I think he is a Zikite or Katangite cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Happy Birthday To Governor Willie Obiano @ 66 Today / Maduka Assures Of Uplifting Anambra With These First Three Projects If Elected / Curbing Indiscipline In The Family Through Tupocracy By Moses U. Ikoh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.