Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,041 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:24 AM

FG To Train Niger Delta Ex-Militants With Business Ideas - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Train Niger Delta Ex-Militants With Business Ideas (8912 Views)

Asari-Dokubo: Tinubu Bars Niger Delta Ex-Agitators From Aso Rock / Niger Delta Ex-militants Endorse Peter Obi For President / 2019: Ex-militants Vow To Ensure Pmb’s Victory (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG To Train Niger Delta Ex-Militants With Business Ideas by ManirBK: 4:18pm On Aug 07, 2021
The Presidential Amnesty Programme (PAP) has appealed to the ex-agitators across Niger Delta states to develop business proposals and ideas for the office to support them to transform into successful entrepreneurs.

The Interim Administrator, of the programme, Col. Milland Dixon Diko (rtd), who made the appeal while addressing leaders of first phase of the amnesty programme drawn from Akwa Ibom and Cross River states over the weekend.

Dikio’s Special Adviser on Media, Mr Nneotaobase Egbe, said in a statement on Saturday that the idea is aide the ex-agitators not to depend on N65,000 monthly stipends anymore but became employers of labour.

Dikio said: “I want to encourage you to bring your ideas and business proposals foreword and let’s support you to become successful entrepreneurs. We will organize business seminars to train and equip you to do good and legitimate businesses.”

“We are no more giving out contracts in the Amnesty office. Unless you are going to train, employ and mentor our ex-agitators. That’s our new philosophy going forward.

“PAP will pay for the training but with the understanding that our people will be employed and mentored afterwards. We are simply adopting the Igbo apprenticeship system so that at the end of the day it’s a win-win for everybody.

“There are endless opportunities beyond the payment of stipends. As a people, we need to take advantage of the opportunities around us to transform our region. For instance, we can exploit our huge maritime potentials to benefit the region.

“Our maritime resource is key to the development of the Niger Delta and it is one sector where people of the region can benefit substantially if they are well trained to harness the enormous opportunities therein.

“Nothing stops you from forming yourselves into cooperatives to enable you access loans to acquire fishing trawlers. It’s important that you start thinking beyond N65k monthly stipends,” he said.
https://dailytrust.com/fg-to-train-niger-delta-ex-militants-with-business-ideas
mynd44 oam4j lalasticlala seun

4 Likes

Re: FG To Train Niger Delta Ex-Militants With Business Ideas by ManirBK: 4:19pm On Aug 07, 2021
Welcome development God bless Buhari God bless Nigeria.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG To Train Niger Delta Ex-Militants With Business Ideas by Jones4190(m): 4:47pm On Aug 07, 2021
Only buhari can do it

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG To Train Niger Delta Ex-Militants With Business Ideas by McStoic(m): 5:27pm On Aug 07, 2021
ManirBK:

https://dailytrust.com/fg-to-train-niger-delta-ex-militants-with-business-ideas
mynd44 oam4j lalasticlala seun

Crumbs and peanuts. When will the famed great Niger Delta take back their soul from their oppressors??!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Train Niger Delta Ex-Militants With Business Ideas by Seyi8750: 5:27pm On Aug 07, 2021
B
Re: FG To Train Niger Delta Ex-Militants With Business Ideas by donofdons: 5:28pm On Aug 07, 2021
Lol
Re: FG To Train Niger Delta Ex-Militants With Business Ideas by KiNg0G: 5:28pm On Aug 07, 2021
while they keep equipping the fulanis with more guns to come steal our oil revenue.

never!!!.

we fight for our rights.

3 Likes

Re: FG To Train Niger Delta Ex-Militants With Business Ideas by Decolonel(m): 5:28pm On Aug 07, 2021
So being a terrorist or bandit in this country is a license to being considered for a higher position in this country.

Are you thinking what I'm thinking?

3 Likes

Re: FG To Train Niger Delta Ex-Militants With Business Ideas by frenzzy2(m): 5:28pm On Aug 07, 2021
Big scam

1 Like

Re: FG To Train Niger Delta Ex-Militants With Business Ideas by festacman(m): 5:28pm On Aug 07, 2021
One successful enterprise that amnesty money brought forth is AIR PEACE.

Don't ask me how. Ask Kingsley Kuku.

3 Likes

Re: FG To Train Niger Delta Ex-Militants With Business Ideas by jomoh: 5:28pm On Aug 07, 2021
Ok
Re: FG To Train Niger Delta Ex-Militants With Business Ideas by Officialgarri: 5:28pm On Aug 07, 2021
All the ones Yaradua and Jonathan's government claimed to train abroad, where are they today?

I really think granting scholarship to people must have a condition attached to it. Which is, you must return home to utilize the skill you learnt there and impact others.
But also, the government must create an enabling environment for such skills to be put to use.

12 Likes

Re: FG To Train Niger Delta Ex-Militants With Business Ideas by Aloof: 5:28pm On Aug 07, 2021
Divide and Rule.

If you know, you know grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Train Niger Delta Ex-Militants With Business Ideas by samuel19222(m): 5:29pm On Aug 07, 2021
Damnnn niggarrr issoright, nice one FG
Re: FG To Train Niger Delta Ex-Militants With Business Ideas by Splazy(m): 5:29pm On Aug 07, 2021
In Australia,when a pupil report late for school,they give him/her bread to eat dry as punishment...We've tried this in Africa, even teachers started coming late.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Train Niger Delta Ex-Militants With Business Ideas by Dikaveli(m): 5:29pm On Aug 07, 2021
The last time i spoke about traveling to kaduna from onitsha many of you advise me on how to go about it,

Well thanks alot all finally am in kaduna
We left onitsha on Thursday evening 5pm via chimezie and bros transport and i arrived television garage kaduna by 5:11pm on friday. Our journey was smooth and cool until when we reached orams farm and our luxury smashed a lorry from the back. But they both settled and we move on.

I thank God for the journey mercy and to see me through in what that brought me here...

If you are kaduna and ready to flex me am at ah ngwa side

8 Likes

Re: FG To Train Niger Delta Ex-Militants With Business Ideas by Sonnobax15(m): 5:29pm On Aug 07, 2021
[ grin
Re: FG To Train Niger Delta Ex-Militants With Business Ideas by Militant30: 5:29pm On Aug 07, 2021
Let me stand here and wait for those people that will quote me so I can give them one one slap grin grin grin grin grin
Re: FG To Train Niger Delta Ex-Militants With Business Ideas by zombieHUNTER: 5:30pm On Aug 07, 2021
Hahahaha

Saw this ruse coming
Re: FG To Train Niger Delta Ex-Militants With Business Ideas by donofdons: 5:30pm On Aug 07, 2021
Which kind of business ideas? If FG sabi good ideas, why is nigeria like this?
The militants who have monetized kidnapping, oil bunkering, illegal refineries etc definitely knows enough about buiz already. Government Wey no fit run refinery wey militant dey run, wetin them wan reach them?

4 Likes

Re: FG To Train Niger Delta Ex-Militants With Business Ideas by tobaye(m): 5:31pm On Aug 07, 2021
So that when they recruit ex Boko haram into the Nigerian army, anyone
who complains will be hushed.
Re: FG To Train Niger Delta Ex-Militants With Business Ideas by stanluiz(m): 5:32pm On Aug 07, 2021
Lol. Business idea like what ? The only business idea they know is how to do oil bunkering, kidnapp foreigners and hijack ships in the gulf of guniea.
Re: FG To Train Niger Delta Ex-Militants With Business Ideas by ADude(m): 5:32pm On Aug 07, 2021
Preparing the ground so when you start hearing rehabilitation for the surrendering bandits and iswap/bk boys you know same as been done to ex militants. Very dishonest, cunning set of people we have in government sad

3 Likes

Re: FG To Train Niger Delta Ex-Militants With Business Ideas by blueyonder6: 5:33pm On Aug 07, 2021
cool
Re: FG To Train Niger Delta Ex-Militants With Business Ideas by bolabadmus38: 5:33pm On Aug 07, 2021
A nation can only move forward when it's into production and exportation. The Government can greatly help these young guys by engaging most of them in a physical productive work like agriculture and manufacturing of essential products that can be exported for foreign exchange earnings for Nigeria not just portfolio managers.
Re: FG To Train Niger Delta Ex-Militants With Business Ideas by FLYFIRE(m): 5:33pm On Aug 07, 2021
You think people that side get cow brain?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Is The Worst Crime You Have Ever Committed? / Anambra PDP Reps Candidates Protest At INEC / Army Launches “operation Positive Identification” In North East

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.