Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,786 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:21 AM

The End Times And Rapture - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The End Times And Rapture (566 Views)

I Saw Thick Darkness, Then A Golden LIGHT And Rapture Occurs, January 13. / It Isnt Possible To Believe In Resurrection Of The Dead And Rapture At The Same / Preparing The Saints For The End Times Tribulation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The End Times And Rapture by Kobojunkie: 11:20pm On Aug 07, 2021
ikes9:

Okay
You think that is is rapture movie? I was introduced to the horror genre which I now love after watching several rapture movies back in in 80s, during Friday service at Deeper life church back then. This was right before the church decided to ban the watching of TV. undecided
Re: The End Times And Rapture by obonujoker(m): 1:46am On Aug 08, 2021
Pauldollars:

You're not the OP interested in knowing scriptural events and you're asking so many questions? Whatever I'm posting concerns the OP not you. If you read something on a public forum and decide not to understand, its left for you. Mine is to respond to the OP

You are on a public forum my brother... Be careful not to mislead... Prove your study with scriptural backings
Re: The End Times And Rapture by paxonel(m): 2:01am On Aug 08, 2021
ikes9:

I must confess these verses are very convincing
it is because you are looking at only the verses.

Read the whole chapter where those verses are found and relate those verses with what the whole chapter is trying to explain, you will see that there are no correlation with the fake rapture idea

When you look at full explanation in
1 Corinthians 15:35-58 which was further explained in 1 Thessalonians 4:16-18, you will see that those verses were pointing resurrection of the dead, not rapture, that new body are given to believers after their resurrection. That there are several bodies, celestial bodies(in space) was mentioned.
By the time you read down to verse 52,you will see that verse 52 is not different from the whole chapter.

1 Corinthians 15:52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

twinkling of the eye represent death, that we will die and close our eyes someday.
The sound of the trumpet is like a call(using trumpet), that is is time to die, that everyone will die someday.

So, the basic explanation of the whole chapter is that there is resurrection of the dead and our body will be changed after resurrection, there is nothing rapture about it.

That's why the last verse says o death where is your sting, that death has been defeated.
Re: The End Times And Rapture by Nephilim: 10:45pm On Aug 09, 2021
ikes9:
As a child,I used to always hear about the rapture, Christians getting excited whenever they discuss the topic,and as I matured I got to understand why they were excited. Then I began to hear about pre,mid and post tribulation rapture and because most pastors (at least 99% of them) supported the pre-tribulation rapture,I also believed in it. But when I began reading my own Bible,and not just relying on what pastors or teachers said I began see and realize that the whole doctrine of pre-tribulation rapture isn't scriptural AT ALL

Verses that seemingly support the pre-tribulation rapture doctrine:

1 Corinthians 15:50-52:
Their main argument here is in verse 52 which says "In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed."

1 Thessalonians 4:16-18
This talks about Christ descending with a shout,the voice of an archangel and with the trump of God,and the dead in Christ shall rise

1 Thessalonians 1:9-10
Their main argument is in verse 10 ..... Even Jesus which delivered us from the wrath to come
Revelation 3:10
Their main argument here is .. ...I will also keep thee from the hour of temptation which shall come upon the whole world to try them that dwell on the earth

I must confess these verses are very convincing

But I have to ask is the rapture and the second coming of Jesus Christ one and the same? Or are both distinct events ??...
If they are one and the same,then there's absolutely NOTHING like a rapture only the SECOND COMING OF CHRIST,and if they are distinct events,well that means there's a second and a third coming of Christ and I don't know about you,but my Bible only points to a second coming,and the second coming ends everything, evil is forever removed and everybody is judged

Righteousness2
I've explained this over and over. Study Revelation 12 and Daniel 12 too.
Re: The End Times And Rapture by Kobojunkie: 11:13pm On Aug 09, 2021
Nephilim:
I've explained this over and over. Study Revelation 12 and Daniel 12 too.
Daniel 12 vs 1 - 3 actually seems to refer to an event similar to that expressed in Revelation 20 vs 4 - 6 undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Declare Your Faith: Who Do You Believe? / Understanding The Power And Benefits Of Righteousness / Is This The True Face Of Jesus Christ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.