Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,465 members, 7,819,702 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:17 PM

Reasons Why Many Think Blogging Is Hard - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Reasons Why Many Think Blogging Is Hard (303 Views)

Rejoinder: Blogging Is Not Dead In Nigeria / Aminat Olajumoke Ajibola Amiloaded: "Blogging Is Not For The Feeble-minded" / Why Mobile Blogging Is On The Cutting Edge And Why You Should Join (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Reasons Why Many Think Blogging Is Hard by tempem: 8:19pm On Aug 07, 2021
Note:
One, I'd have written this piece in a more professional tone, but I don't have the time. So, I'll just lay it bare!

Two, blogging in this context is far from "entertainment bloggers." I'm talking about bloggers who take time to research and write quality content in a niche to establish authority.

Okay, fasten your seat belt!

Do you own a blog? Are you willing to set up one? You probably might have heard the phrase:

"Blogging is hard!"

Alright, I read that so many times, even before I started.

Yet, I read articles where people spoke well of blogging.

So, in 2019, I started the trip with less interest or concern for SEO. Lol! I always believed SEO doesn't matter. (I was wrong anyway. At least, not for people with no budget for ads.)

Now, it's been over two years, and it's been a journey!

But, here's the deal: I'm willing to share one of the lessons I've learned. And that formed the basis for this post.

So, why do many think blogging is hard? Here are what I've studied:

1. Unrealistic Expectations- Unless you have a big budget. It takes time to make money with blogging. Be ready for two years of hard work, at least.

Of course, you can break even before then, but be realistic!

You won't start raking in millions within the first six months unless you have the budget for ads.

Sadly, only a few can wait for two years or more without huge ROI and wouldn't give up.

2. Blogging Isn't Get-Rich-Quick Schemes: Related to the first point. But here's it: You need to invest more before you reap the benefit. No gambling! Avoid shortcuts!

3. Thought They Can Go Alone- Okay, I'm not talking about some self-acclaimed boss that has no result to show you.

Neither am I talking about some groups with opinionated folks.

My point?

Most starters do not find people that can honestly mentor and prove their knowledge with personal results. So it makes them ride alone. If you want to go alone, you will make many avoidable mistakes. And you know what that means.

4. They Run After Money And Neglect Value- Focusing on value wouldn't pay off immediately, but it will in the long run.

After all, it takes time for Google and other search engines to recognize you.

How do you perceive that you are giving value? When people spend more time on your articles!

5. They Do Not Understand SEO Well- I'm saying with all my heart: "SEO" isn't difficult! See, many new bloggers are writing keywords that big brands have already taken.

Neil Patel will say: "There are only mediocre keywords left." Keep in mind that his use of "mediocre" here means: "Keywords with very low search volumes.

Well, I have no problem writing keywords with less than a thousand search volumes per month. The most crucial factor is: Is it truly less competitive? If it is, I'll give it a shot!

With that, you can be sure of being found on the number 1 page. And if you offer value - more than your competitors - Google will likely rank you 1st! I've don't that a couple of times!

That's it! Of course, there are many more reasons, but I think these are the fundamental ones.

Do you want to avoid the cliché: "Blogging is hard?!"

Ask yourself:

Am I realistic?
Am I willing to take my time?
Will I find someone honest to guide me?
Will I continue to offer value?
Will I take my time to understand SEO?

If you can answer yes to all these, trust me, you won't find blogging hard!

Cc: Lalasticlala Mynd44 Seun
Re: Reasons Why Many Think Blogging Is Hard by tempem: 9:23pm On Aug 07, 2021
I just didn't know it will be this long! grin cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Help Here With Adsense Verification / Who is Your Fastest Internet Service Provider of The Year? / How Do I Fix A Slow Website? A Newbie’s Guide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.