Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,403 members, 7,815,880 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:11 PM

Dealing With Envy As A Christian - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Dealing With Envy As A Christian (5898 Views)

Primate Ayodele: Adeboye, Kumuyi, Oyedepo Caused Hatred, Envy In Christendom / As A Christian, Is Court Wedding In Place Of Church Wedding Acceptable By God? / Benevolent Muslims In The House! A Christian Needs To Eat Sallah Ram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dealing With Envy As A Christian by Nobody: 7:25am On Aug 08, 2021
Envy is the act of getting offended over someone's success with the intention of not wishing them to prosper...Many Christians are faced with this plague; whether silently or openly. Even born again Christians are tempted with envy. Has it not happened to you; when you suddenly feel pained about someone's speed of success? Even if you don't envy, sometimes you are tempted to envy.. Even some successful people get envious of those who are not as successful as them, but have potentials of being successful... In your good church, people get envious. One of the dangerous things about envy is that if kept for too long in the heart, it can lead someone into committing unimaginable wickedness against the successful. It can even lead someone into witchcraft. I saw a write-up that talks about "envy being the last stage/exam before witchcraft"...

How do you deal with envy? Immediately you feel envious or tempted to get envious, rebuke the spirit of envy repeatedly in Jesus name. Do this repeatedly until the pressure dies... You can also forcefully and verbally begin to wish well to those whom you are envious about... Do this repeatedly too...

When you conquer envy, God will give you your own blessings that will thrill many..

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dealing With Envy As A Christian by AntiChristian: 7:30am On Aug 08, 2021
Envy will only increase you in resentment. Whatever misses you is not meant for you!

No one will ever have everything in life!

3 Likes

Re: Dealing With Envy As A Christian by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:56am On Aug 08, 2021
What men view as blessing is not what blessing is in God's sight, as a man can be rich yet cursed in God's sight.

Ensure you're blessed in God's sight so you don't end up in hell as the rich men who were seen as blessed in man's sight, but cursed in God's.

Luke 12:20-21 (KJV)

But God said unto him, Thou fool, this night thy soul shall be required of thee: then whose shall those things be, which thou hast provided?
So is he that layeth up treasure for himself, and is not rich toward God.

Luke 16:19-24 (KJV)

There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day:
And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores,
And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores.

And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;
And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.
And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.

God bless.

11 Likes

Re: Dealing With Envy As A Christian by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:39am On Aug 08, 2021
From all of us @[b][/b] : Here are 7 ways to free yourself from envy:

Put your focus on God's love for you.
Fid Your Identity in Christ.
Worship Helps You Overcome Envy.
Know You Are Uniquely Made.
Gratefulness Drives Envy Away.
Celebrate the Blessings of Others, (this is very important!)
Giving To Others Frees You from Envy.

Have a blessed Sunday and a Bountiful Week ahead everyone.

We Rise.

14 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Dealing With Envy As A Christian by mbahdi(m): 9:39am On Aug 08, 2021
Envy the number one killer disease.it kills faster dan covid

4 Likes

Re: Dealing With Envy As A Christian by sylve11: 9:39am On Aug 08, 2021
As for me, I am not a religious person and I envy no one.

@ op, you are right. Those who envy other people's successes can kill them physically and spiritually.

The world is so messed up with messed up souls. sad cool

2 Likes

Re: Dealing With Envy As A Christian by pansophist(m): 9:40am On Aug 08, 2021
You deal with envy by realizing that all you can see about the success is the highlight of their success and not the backstage of pain, their challenges, suffering, and more. We suffer existentially as humans, and to envy one for their relative achievement is not seeing the whole picture.

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Dealing With Envy As A Christian by peppermint7(m): 9:40am On Aug 08, 2021
Envy is a natural human characteristic that comes to play with time.
No matter how hard you try to stop it
It eventually comes
And funny fact
Envy has made a lot of people to step up their game so as to stay in the same league with the people the are envying grin

Make ona keep ona Christianity and hypocrisy one side abeg

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dealing With Envy As A Christian by alojourdin: 9:42am On Aug 08, 2021
Re: Dealing With Envy As A Christian by GiftCardShopper: 9:42am On Aug 08, 2021
Envy? That's the root of hatred! My momma told me that!

2 Likes

Re: Dealing With Envy As A Christian by GitmoAuditors: 9:44am On Aug 08, 2021
Ok
Re: Dealing With Envy As A Christian by danowena: 9:44am On Aug 08, 2021
It is gud we differentiate between envy, jealousy and covetousness.

2 Likes

Re: Dealing With Envy As A Christian by sylve11: 9:47am On Aug 08, 2021
peppermint7:
Envy is a natural human characteristic that comes to play with time.
No matter how hard you try to stop it
It eventually comes
And funny fact
Envy has made a lot of people to step up their game so as to stay in the same league with the people the are envying grin

Make ona keep ona Christianity and hypocrisy one side abeg

Count me out on this your generalization.

I do my thing my own way in my own pace. I don't even engage in other people's lives as to know if they are more successful than I am. I am always contented with what I have. cool

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dealing With Envy As A Christian by Nobody: 9:48am On Aug 08, 2021
Ipob Jews can learn something about envy and hatred from here

1 Like

Re: Dealing With Envy As A Christian by EmekaBlue(m): 9:50am On Aug 08, 2021
What's the difference between Envy and Jealousy?
Re: Dealing With Envy As A Christian by DropsMic(m): 9:52am On Aug 08, 2021
Yawn
Re: Dealing With Envy As A Christian by ibelieveinjesus: 9:52am On Aug 08, 2021
It is well.
Re: Dealing With Envy As A Christian by Nobody: 9:53am On Aug 08, 2021
Op, abeg speak for yourself. I have never envied any one or tempted to do so.
For what now?

People that do it have the tendency to kill.
I've experienced a couple of them.

Like last month, I overheard someone behind my kitchen window saying " this one will be puffing up all the time. Highest it's so so amount she'll have in her account" huh?? shocked and this is supposed to be a Christian.
This woman always picks on me like her life depends on it. And I Know it's all envy.

If I talk, she'll say " it's not only them that know how to speak queens English"...
Anything I do doesn't go down well with her.

Envy is a bad thing. I'm just praying for grace never to envy anyone.

The Bible says, do not envy another man's prosperity.
Ever since I heard that word in Rose Mary chukwus' song, it has always guided my heart. So all I can say when someone prospers is God do my own or I'm the next in line for such.

2 Likes

Re: Dealing With Envy As A Christian by MrNipplesLover(m): 9:54am On Aug 08, 2021
Thank you, my Lord and saviour.

❤❤❤❤

1 Like

Re: Dealing With Envy As A Christian by Nobody: 9:56am On Aug 08, 2021
MrNipplesLover:
Thank you, my Lord and saviour.

❤❤❤❤

Hey gbe! Lol ..

Thank God oooo...
Re: Dealing With Envy As A Christian by SimplyShit: 9:58am On Aug 08, 2021
[s]
post=104554893:
From all of us @[b][/b] : Here are 7 ways to free yourself from envy:

Put your focus on God's love for you.
Fid Your Identity in Christ.
Worship Helps You Overcome Envy.
Know You Are Uniquely Made.
Gratefulness Drives Envy Away.
Celebrate the Blessings of Others, (this is very important!)
Giving To Others Frees You from Envy.

Have a blessed Sunday and a Bountiful Week ahead everyone.

We Rise.
[/s]
Re: Dealing With Envy As A Christian by MrNipplesLover(m): 9:58am On Aug 08, 2021
CharisEleos:

Hey gbe! Lol ..

Thank God oooo...

Smiles... smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dealing With Envy As A Christian by Myer(m): 10:01am On Aug 08, 2021
prettypraise:
Envy is the act of getting offended over someone's success with the intention of not wishing them to prosper...Many Christians are faced with this plague; whether silently or openly. Even born again Christians are tempted with envy. Has it not happened to you; when you suddenly feel pained about someone's speed of success? Even if you don't envy, sometimes you are tempted to envy.. Even some successful people get envious of those who are not as successful as them, but have potentials of being successful... In your good church, people get envious. One of the dangerous things about envy is that if kept for too long in the heart, it can lead someone into committing unimaginable wickedness against the successful. It can even lead someone into witchcraft. I saw a write-up that talks about "envy being the last stage/exam before witchcraft"...

How do you deal with envy? Immediately you feel envious or tempted to get envious, rebuke the spirit of envy repeatedly in Jesus name. Do this repeatedly until the pressure dies... You can also forcefully and verbally begin to wish well to those whom you are envious about... Do this repeatedly too...

When you conquer envy, God will give you your own blessings that will thrill many..

Nothing takes away envy. It's human nature.
Just ensure instead of allowing envy to cause you to harm others let it spur you to strive to be the best you can be.

Most Christian's are actually envious of unbelievers cor various reasons;

1. Christians are envious of successful believers because some churches preach that you have to be righteous, pay tithes and offerings, give to the poor, sow seeds, etc before God bless you.
While a lot of unbeliever are very successful without any of these conditions.

2. Even the bible says God is a jealous God. There are so many cases where God is jealous that man is worshipping other gods beside him.

Bottom line is it's ok to be jealous as long as you do not seek to harm others but choose to be challenged to be better.

A curious question is whether there is any difference between jealousy and envy.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dealing With Envy As A Christian by Dtruthspeaker: 10:03am On Aug 08, 2021
prettypraise:
Envy is the act of getting offended over someone's success with the intention of not wishing them to prosper...Many Christians are faced with this plague; whether silently or openly..

He who envies, is not a Christian.

Christ Followers do not envy and are not capable of envying.

It is those who are falsely claim Christ Followwrship, who envy, because they are not of Christ, neither do they belong to Christ.

Christ Followers Never Envy!

1 Like

Re: Dealing With Envy As A Christian by Truefaith: 10:06am On Aug 08, 2021
This is not applicable to Christians!

Only fake Christians envy anyone.

Christ is more than enough Possession for anyone that is truly born again.

Only fakes envy people on what they have on this earth.

No such tale was ever written of Paul or Peter.

Beware of FAKE CHRISTIANITY.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YB6F4fEzLo8

1 Like

Re: Dealing With Envy As A Christian by Dtruthspeaker: 10:07am On Aug 08, 2021
Lordmyp:
What about jealousy

They are Siamese and Conjoined Twins who are always two-gather. grin

So when he is talking about envy, he is also talking about jealousy.
Re: Dealing With Envy As A Christian by SeriouslySense(m): 10:08am On Aug 08, 2021
Envy is natural, we feel envy from time to time, but we should also remember that we have the spirit of God in us, that loves every person, also we should try and meditate and see the smile on someone face, learn to be happy when others are happy.

Also we are envious because we may lack something, so full your heart with love. envy is probably a spirit or state of mind that seeks to dominate us, which should be resisted, just as Cain was envious of Abel, and it led him to commit murder.

lets check
1) Proverbs 23:17-18; "Do not let your heart envy sinners, but always be zealous for the fear of the LORD. There is surely a future hope for you, and your hope will not be cut off."

2) Proverbs 14:30; "A heart at peace gives life to the body, but envy rots the bones."

3) Mark 7:21-22; “For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed the evil thoughts, fornications, thefts, murders, adulteries, deeds of coveting and wickedness, as well as deceit, sensuality, envy, slander, pride and foolishness."

4) Job 5:2; "Surely resentment destroys the fool, and jealousy kills the simple."

5) James 3:14-16; "But if you have bitter envy and selfish ambition in your heart, don’t brag and deny the truth. Such wisdom does not come from above but is earthly, unspiritual, demonic. For where envy and selfish ambition exist, there is disorder and every kind of evil."

6) Exodus 20:17; "Do not covet your neighbor’s house. Do not covet your neighbor’s wife, his male or female slave, his ox or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbor."

7) Galatians 5:19-21; "Now the deeds of the flesh are evident, which are: immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, disputes, dissensions, factions, envying, drunkenness, carousing, and things like these, of which I forewarn you, just as I have forewarned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God."

cool 1 Corinthians 13:4; "Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud."

9) Psalm 37:1-3; "Fret not yourself because of evildoers; be not envious of wrongdoers! For they will soon fade like the grass and wither like the green herb. Trust in the LORD, and do good; dwell in the land and befriend faithfulness."

10 1 Peter 2:1-2; "Therefore, putting aside all malice and all deceit and hypocrisy and envy and all slander, like newborn babies, long for the pure milk of the word, so that by it you may grow in respect to salvation."

1 Like

Re: Dealing With Envy As A Christian by WildChild00(m): 10:08am On Aug 08, 2021
Covetousness it is very common today in the christain community, no Christain can run away from it

(1) (2) (Reply)

Religion Is A Propaganda Tool / Some People Believe in Evil Spirits Yet Don't Believe in God / "Is Allah Like You?"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.