Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,421 members, 7,830,118 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:32 PM

Dealing With Envy As A Christian - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Dealing With Envy As A Christian (5941 Views)

Primate Ayodele: Adeboye, Kumuyi, Oyedepo Caused Hatred, Envy In Christendom / As A Christian, Is Court Wedding In Place Of Church Wedding Acceptable By God? / Benevolent Muslims In The House! A Christian Needs To Eat Sallah Ram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dealing With Envy As A Christian by Tobechuckwu(m): 10:08am On Aug 08, 2021
prettypraise:
Envy is the act of getting offended over someone's success with the intention of not wishing them to prosper...Many Christians are faced with this plague; whether silently or openly. Even born again Christians are tempted with envy. Has it not happened to you; when you suddenly feel pained about someone's speed of success? Even if you don't envy, sometimes you are tempted to envy.. Even some successful people get envious of those who are not as successful as them, but have potentials of being successful... In your good church, people get envious. One of the dangerous things about envy is that if kept for too long in the heart, it can lead someone into committing unimaginable wickedness against the successful. It can even lead someone into witchcraft. I saw a write-up that talks about "envy being the last stage/exam before witchcraft"...

How do you deal with envy? Immediately you feel envious or tempted to get envious, rebuke the spirit of envy repeatedly in Jesus name. Do this repeatedly until the pressure dies... You can also forcefully and verbally begin to wish well to those whom you are envious about... Do this repeatedly too...

When you conquer envy, God will give you your own blessings that will thrill many..

Through knowledge shall d just be delivered.
Prayer works faster with knowledge.
Make conscious work on urself with d help of the Holy ghost to stop envying people nd pray about.
The Bible says Watch nd pray, but not Pray nd watch.

1 Like

Re: Dealing With Envy As A Christian by Dtruthspeaker: 10:10am On Aug 08, 2021
Truefaith:
This is not applicable to Christians!

Only fake Christians envy anyone.

Christ is more than enough Possession for anyone that is truly born again.

Only fakes envy people on what they have on this earth.

No such tale was ever written of Paul or Peter.

Thank you for resounding it!

Christ Followers (Christians) Never Envy and are not Capable of Envying!
Re: Dealing With Envy As A Christian by parkervero(m): 10:11am On Aug 08, 2021
I felt envy when a friend said he got a job while I don't then I said to myself, my time is coming to be celebrated, that's how I let everything slide and my mind is free of envy of any sort.

2 Likes

Re: Dealing With Envy As A Christian by Dtruthspeaker: 10:14am On Aug 08, 2021
WildChild00:
Covetousness it is very common today in the christain community, no Christain can run away from it

You are talking about a group of false and fabricated duplicates.

Christ Followers do not covet or envy and are not capable of doing so.

But the fakes are so!
Re: Dealing With Envy As A Christian by peppermint7(m): 10:16am On Aug 08, 2021
sylve11:

Count me out on this your generalization.

I do my thing my own way in my own pace. I don't even engage in other people's lives as to know if they are more successful than I am. I am always contented with what I have. cool
No problem boss
Keep living contented
No find way step up your hustle
Re: Dealing With Envy As A Christian by Dotkung: 10:18am On Aug 08, 2021
*Written by Pastor Poju Oyemade*

The danger envy and strife poses to a move of the Spirit.

Many years ago, this must have been round about 20years, I stumbled on an article in the newspapers on the effect of the rise of the Pentecostal movement in Nigeria and what it holds for the future.

A particular Professor of Sociology at one of the foremost Universities in Nigeria mentioned as part of the article that he foresaw a great danger for the movement. He said it will not come from outside of it but from within.

He said the manner of growth may soon cause there to be a cluster of Churches in the same geographical space who may begin to fight among themselves for territory. He said as a Professor of Sociology which is the study of the development, structure, and functioning of human society, he felt "a competitive approach" posed the greatest danger to the movement.

Strife and envy lie at the root of wars and fights. The struggle to have dominance over others or to have the place of preeminence.

Envy is a deadly sin and like we said in our previous article men will go to any length to hide the fact that it is envy that is motivating them to do a thing. The first rebellion which was lucifer's came as a result of envy.

He desired to be like the most high. He saw what God had and was willing to destroy sacred things simply to occupy that space in the minds of the stars of heaven. The first murder on the earth came about as a result of envy and this happened among brothers within a family and on matters that bothered on the worship of God.

This is why for a man to deny that envy is the motivating force behind an action simply because he says he is too close to the person to be envious of him should raise a red flag. Envy rarely exists among strangers. Proverbs tells us how deadly envy is.

Proverbs 27:4 "Wrath is cruel, and anger is outrageous; but who is able to stand before envy?"

Wherever you find strife and envy in the hearts of people, it will do you best to keep your distance from them for destruction and total waste are close by. These two vices manifest in a battle for material things, things visible.

The key here is protect your heart from this cancerous growth by taking time daily to pray for those playing in the same space as you reaching for the same visible goals and to thank and worship God for visible blessings upon them.

When you constantly and continuously pray upon others the very things you desire for own self, projecting goodwill towards them in your closet, two things happen.

1. You make room for yourself in the spirit realm to receive all that God wants to get across to you. Like Job prayed for his friends and his captivity or confinement was turned around, something happens in your soul that nothing else but this type of praying can do.

2. You discover your true identity what you alone have been set apart to do, a space where there can be no competition nor tussle.

This is the attitude going forward if we are to grow and remain healthy not acting as friends but really what is going on is spying.
Re: Dealing With Envy As A Christian by MrNipplesLover(m): 10:20am On Aug 08, 2021
Thank you, father...

❤❤❤❤
Re: Dealing With Envy As A Christian by Nobody: 10:21am On Aug 08, 2021
EmekaBlue:
What's the difference between Envy and Jealousy?

Envy is the mother of jealousy because it gives rise and birth to it.

When you're not happy at someones progress (Envy) as a result of Envy, you become jealous. That is.... you become covetous: desiring or wanting to get that thing that belongs to that fellow. It's always accompanied with a feeling of hate.

1 Like

Re: Dealing With Envy As A Christian by eme2015(m): 10:22am On Aug 08, 2021
You don't need to envy anyone there are still out their praying to be like you
Re: Dealing With Envy As A Christian by TWLifestyle: 10:24am On Aug 08, 2021
EmekaBlue:
What's the difference between Envy and Jealousy?
they are the same feeling - difference is envy is used for material things while jealousy is used more for human relationships - basically it's envy when the feeling is towards someone owning a car you can't afford , it's jealousy when your girlfriend is eyeing another dude .

1 Like

Re: Dealing With Envy As A Christian by WildChild00(m): 10:25am On Aug 08, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

You are talking about a group of false and fabricated duplicates.

Christ Followers do not covet or envy and are not capable of doing so.

But the fakes are so!

Yes today Christain community can be all about envy, brother James thinks he is the only one that can ride fine cars, or that knows the Bible more than everyone in this church, I will prove him wrong today cheesy

1 Like

Re: Dealing With Envy As A Christian by Dtruthspeaker: 10:29am On Aug 08, 2021
WildChild00:

Yes today Christain community can be all about envy, brother James thinks he is the only one that can ride fine cars, or that knows the Bible more than everyone in this church, I will prove him wrong today cheesy

That is in that duplicated and falsely claimed "Christ community".

It does not happen in the The True Christian Community.
Re: Dealing With Envy As A Christian by Dtruthspeaker: 10:30am On Aug 08, 2021
WildChild00:

That is in that duplicated and falsely claimed "Christ community".

It does not happen in the The True and Original Christian Community.
Re: Dealing With Envy As A Christian by Emmerlee(m): 10:43am On Aug 08, 2021
Many Nairalanders need help with this one cheesy

The amount of envy, jealousy and hatred I see on this forum everyday is unbelievable shocked
Re: Dealing With Envy As A Christian by professore(m): 11:11am On Aug 08, 2021
It is because of this envy that I stopped having friends.
Re: Dealing With Envy As A Christian by Emmanuelellah: 11:13am On Aug 08, 2021
When envy strike just remember that everything shall pass away and that it's all vanity upon vanity. And you will overcome.
Re: Dealing With Envy As A Christian by Originalsly: 12:55pm On Aug 08, 2021
People who are envious are people who are never contented. It is not only the "poor" being envious of the "rich" ... it cuts both ways... many of the "rich" are also envious of the poor. If we should focus on our lives and not that of others then there would be no space for envy.... run your own race.
Re: Dealing With Envy As A Christian by xcodedc(m): 1:23pm On Aug 08, 2021
The word envy doesnt conote as much negativity as ur definition, envy is a force,desire,urge.. With a capacity for good and bad. eg America is an envy of many nations doesnt imply negativity
Re: Dealing With Envy As A Christian by lastchild: 1:28pm On Aug 08, 2021
Truefaith:
This is not applicable to Christians!

Only fake Christians envy anyone.

Christ is more than enough Possession for anyone that is truly born again.

Only fakes envy people on what they have on this earth.

No such tale was ever written of Paul or Peter.

Beware of FAKE CHRISTIANITY.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YB6F4fEzLo8
you are a kindergarten Christian by saying only fake Christians feel envy

the most rightous man can envy someone, he doesn't wish to, but the spirit get at him when he is spiritually low guarded , no sin commited makes a Christian fake

falling into sin is scriptural but living in them is unscriptural
Re: Dealing With Envy As A Christian by bukatyne(f): 1:47pm On Aug 08, 2021
Myer:

Nothing takes away envy. It's human nature.
Just ensure instead of allowing envy to cause you to harm others let it spur you to strive to be the best you can be.

Most Christian's are actually envious of unbelievers cor various reasons;

1. Christians are envious of successful believers because some churches preach that you have to be righteous, pay tithes and offerings, give to the poor, sow seeds, etc before God bless you.
While a lot of unbeliever are very successful without any of these conditions.

2. Even the bible says God is a jealous God. There are so many cases where God is jealous that man is worshipping other gods beside him.

Bottom line is it's ok to be jealous as long as you do not seek to harm others but choose to be challenged to be better.

A curious question is whether there is any difference between jealousy and envy.

@bold:

I think that is actually one of the leading causes of envy & jealousy in Christians.

After I have sacrificed so much to be good and things are not working/working while X is bad and still flying.
Re: Dealing With Envy As A Christian by enyiinne(m): 3:08pm On Aug 08, 2021
God is a jealous God. There are so many cases where God is jealous that man is worshipping other gods beside him. that's why you have to be guided
Re: Dealing With Envy As A Christian by Gfskw: 4:15pm On Aug 08, 2021
Normal
Re: Dealing With Envy As A Christian by caandi: 5:23pm On Aug 09, 2021
The funny thing is this;
I can understand someone that doesn’t have to be envious of someone that has, but when a so called Christian that’s successful is envious of another person because he perceived the person would be successful in future, it amazes me.. I mean the heart of men Is desperately wicked...you’re succeeding and you don’t want me to succeed? I mean how wicked are you? You can kill me then!
This world is full of wolves in sheep’s clothing and they’re all shaming the church is everyday
It’s a pity

(1) (2) (Reply)

Did ANYONE Mentioned In The Bible Actually Ever Exist? / Magic Spells – Understanding How To Use Magic / Catholic Priests Can Now Marry And Still Remain Priests

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.