Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,828 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:39 PM

Senate Committee Proposes 20 New States - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Committee Proposes 20 New States (33828 Views)

Senate Denies Proposing Creation Of 20 New States / Senate Proposes 20-Year Jail Term For Electoral Offenders / Ishaku Abbo Appointed Vice Chairman Senate Committee Of The Nigerian Navy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Committee Proposes 20 New States by Iamolukorede(m): 1:02pm On Aug 08, 2021
In as much as I don't bash this incumbent administration and it's previous, I can tell you for free that this is a foolish decision to create more state. This is a no brainer at all, how will you intelligently make such decisions.

Now I know this one's are all colossal and monumental failure at governance, you have highlighted that the current 36 states only 4 is viable economically, how about other states ?. And yet you are willing to create more, wonderfully stupid ideology I must say.

Is not yet time we stop all this shenanigans, pause and re structure this zoo we call Nigeria.

That no election must hold not until we restructure this country before 2023, the youth are the ones that can savage this country from this rogues call leaders in wolf clothing. Yet the youth are no where to be found, they are busy chasing fast life and money.

However, join politics join politics, they won't listen. Since 1960 this fellows have held Nigeria to a jugular. Don't you all think it's high time we tell them that what we need now is to restructure by the means of bottom to the top approach, then plug the lapses within the security ministries.

The problem of Nigeria are Nigerian's and her solutions is right here in Nigeria. if you know you know.
Re: Senate Committee Proposes 20 New States by Franking: 1:03pm On Aug 08, 2021
Divide Nigeria now.

1 Like

Re: Senate Committee Proposes 20 New States by jfrazzy(m): 1:05pm On Aug 08, 2021
Yeah
I am happy ooh
I may be the next governor of my new state
Can we imagine the new opportunities it comes with. I agree
Re: Senate Committee Proposes 20 New States by Nobody: 1:05pm On Aug 08, 2021
Most of those criticising the Reps or Senators don't even understand that the proposal isn't pushed by them but Nigerians who are very stupid for always asking for state creation rather than internal solution. This proposal is born out of marginalisation by many states to some section of their zones and ethno-religious complexities. Many people ask for constitutional amendment and this proposal seems to be another disturbing issues atsine quotas of the country.
Re: Senate Committee Proposes 20 New States by BoboKush(m): 1:07pm On Aug 08, 2021
I no see ikorodu state there.... Make una help me check grin
Re: Senate Committee Proposes 20 New States by garfield1: 1:09pm On Aug 08, 2021
seunmsg:
We don’t need 20 more states. At best, let’s create two more states in the south to push southern states to 19 just like the north. Listing of local governments in the constitution is what we need to do away with. States should be at liberty to create local governments based on their financial capacity and needs.

Na lie.new states should not be created and lgas must totally be free from state control
Re: Senate Committee Proposes 20 New States by Tundex911: 1:11pm On Aug 08, 2021
Make this country just break up jor..

Awon weyrey gbogbo

Smh
Re: Senate Committee Proposes 20 New States by streetsoldier1(m): 1:16pm On Aug 08, 2021
this one will just make me give up on reciting "states and capital" Anyways thatz what we get when fools are in power. They suppose divide or restructure the kantree instead

1 Like

Re: Senate Committee Proposes 20 New States by Carlylepneuma: 1:18pm On Aug 08, 2021
Blah blah blah blah!! Nna ehn!!!
Re: Senate Committee Proposes 20 New States by hero2000: 1:33pm On Aug 08, 2021
All this rigmarole is intentional. Simply to distract the people from real issues.
Simple.

1 Like

Re: Senate Committee Proposes 20 New States by tnerro1(m): 1:36pm On Aug 08, 2021
Seems politics is the only booming business in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Senate Committee Proposes 20 New States by dingbang(m): 1:37pm On Aug 08, 2021
Oh my gosh. I have never seen such foolishness in my life.
Re: Senate Committee Proposes 20 New States by BreakingNews21: 1:38pm On Aug 08, 2021
I'd like to see the senate concentrate of security, crime, improving infrastructure, and supplying 24/7 electric power before investing time and effort into this nonsense.
Re: Senate Committee Proposes 20 New States by dragunov: 1:39pm On Aug 08, 2021
Ikpeyi:

https://thenationonlineng.net/senate-committee-proposes-20-new-states/

If you pike split everything to 1000 states, Nigeria will never be ok. Yoruba nation loading......!
Re: Senate Committee Proposes 20 New States by lozanni(m): 1:40pm On Aug 08, 2021
Abdullah36:
What a misplaced priority

The already existing states are not economically viable, apart from Lagos and Rivers states, then they want to create more states, where will the resources needed to run those states come from ? Smh
Re: Senate Committee Proposes 20 New States by whodeyhere: 1:40pm On Aug 08, 2021
What about insecurity and bad economy? Are they going to ever debate on that..
Re: Senate Committee Proposes 20 New States by Buckeyemedia1: 1:41pm On Aug 08, 2021
end1999constitu:
They should go and sit down to restructure/split this continent called Nigeria into pieces.....
Is that the best you have to offer? Failure.
Re: Senate Committee Proposes 20 New States by Buckeyemedia1: 1:42pm On Aug 08, 2021
whodeyhere:
Even Ijebu people wants to leave Ogun state, would propose they support Ibadan to get a state and they merge with Ibadan as part of Ibadan state because more than half of the Ijebu people are already living in Ibadan...
What happened to Utopia Oduduwa?
Re: Senate Committee Proposes 20 New States by taurus21: 1:43pm On Aug 08, 2021
iamyemiakins:
We have unserious elements as Senators in this country. angry

How that big Niger state didn't make the list amaze me, IBB sef! undecided

I'm shocked to my bone marrow. Niger state needs to be split into at least 3 or more states considering its present size. Imagine small Kano has 2 more states. What the hell are they smoking over there?
Re: Senate Committee Proposes 20 New States by Savie(m): 1:44pm On Aug 08, 2021
Another divide and rule tactics from fulani government to create more minorities and less majority states in the south so that they won't demand the distegration of nigeria for fear of being rule by the majority states.
Re: Senate Committee Proposes 20 New States by Oracleforce: 1:45pm On Aug 08, 2021
Those 36 states created....are all financially viable? No....then you want to join another 20 states in the name of restructuring...
Aboki people know the main topics for the southerners to speak on in the house of assembly but they will never allow you to speak of them....because it will make them not to be parasites anymore...
I dare them to speak on the indigenization of resource control or referendum on separation. ...
All these charade topics will make Nigeria more impoverish than it is now...
Re: Senate Committee Proposes 20 New States by onuman: 1:45pm On Aug 08, 2021
seunmsg:
We don’t need 20 more states. At best, let’s create two more states in the south to push southern states to 19 just like the north. Listing of local governments in the constitution is what we need to do away with. States should be at liberty to create local governments based on their financial capacity and needs.

In order.

Two more states in the south - one in the southeast, from Imo or Anambra state to be precise; another in Oyo zone in Oyo state.

Local government areas need to be delisted from the constitution as federating units, let every state create its local government areas.
Re: Senate Committee Proposes 20 New States by gonkin(m): 1:46pm On Aug 08, 2021
Anoima has actually been requesting for their own state. I just wish they could just split the country. Na to go learn state and capital again
Re: Senate Committee Proposes 20 New States by rolams(m): 1:47pm On Aug 08, 2021
Where is lagoon state?
Re: Senate Committee Proposes 20 New States by leofab(f): 1:47pm On Aug 08, 2021
end1999constitu:
They should go and sit down to restructure/split this continent called Nigeria into pieces.....
Nigeria is a continent shocked
Re: Senate Committee Proposes 20 New States by onuman: 1:48pm On Aug 08, 2021
Oracleforce:
Those 36 states created....are all financially viable? No....then you want to join another 20 states in the name of restructuring...
Aboki people know the main topics for the southerners to speak on in the house of assembly but they will never allow you to speak of them....because it will make them not to be parasites anymore...
I dare them to speak on the indigenization of resource control or referendum on separation. ...
All these charade topics will make Nigeria more impoverish than it is now...

Merge your own non viable state to nearby viable state in order to save money for Nigeria.
Re: Senate Committee Proposes 20 New States by Holaomoakin(m): 2:00pm On Aug 08, 2021
They want to use creation of states douse insecurity tension in the country, if they ask; I will say neither are they cost conscious nor considerate with the six geopolitical zones in Nigeria.
Re: Senate Committee Proposes 20 New States by ejimatic: 2:03pm On Aug 08, 2021
Ikpeyi:

https://thenationonlineng.net/senate-committee-proposes-20-new-states/

. TWO STATES FTOM Kogi State ; grin grin grin angry. Huspupi Kiyari state creation exercise
Re: Senate Committee Proposes 20 New States by guru90: 2:05pm On Aug 08, 2021
Creation of new states..

Is it 9ja problem?

Hell No.....

Our 9ja leaders are seriously misleading us into darkness more and more...
Re: Senate Committee Proposes 20 New States by ekhai(m): 2:10pm On Aug 08, 2021
HOW VIABLE ARE THE EXISTING 36 STATES?
Re: Senate Committee Proposes 20 New States by Restructuring: 2:11pm On Aug 08, 2021
The only idea this useless hausa Fulani parasites will ever have

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari To Make 6000 Appointments – Presidency / How Buhari Will Assign Ministerial Portfolios / PDP Won't Suffer If You Leave, Bode George Tells Governor Wike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.