Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,239 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:31 AM

Senate Committee Proposes 20 New States - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Committee Proposes 20 New States (33796 Views)

Senate Denies Proposing Creation Of 20 New States / Senate Proposes 20-Year Jail Term For Electoral Offenders / Ishaku Abbo Appointed Vice Chairman Senate Committee Of The Nigerian Navy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Committee Proposes 20 New States by ibietela2(m): 2:20pm On Aug 08, 2021
We want a referendum to leave this British company.

Why is it difficult for them to discuss the future of this British company and making it a country?

Why not just structure this country to the benefits of everyone? This fools won't be here when it will all implode.

1 Like

Re: Senate Committee Proposes 20 New States by ibietela2(m): 2:21pm On Aug 08, 2021
end1999constitu:
They should go and sit down to restructure/split this continent called Nigeria into pieces.....

It's a company jare not continent

1 Like

Re: Senate Committee Proposes 20 New States by 77up(m): 2:21pm On Aug 08, 2021
BUSINESSMAN2:
why iş it that önce someone iş elected in Nigeria leadership position his or her brain will automatically stop working
Don't you think that quoting a long post like this is annoying? You can make your comment without doing that now.
Re: Senate Committee Proposes 20 New States by ibietela2(m): 2:41pm On Aug 08, 2021
MT:
You all keep abusing president, not knowing the greatest evils are the Senate, house of reps and the Governors. People are not even bothered to consider election into these posts important, except that of the Governor's.

Imagine the quality of people in our Senate and House of rep.With dire situation facing the nation, creation of more states is what they consider important. With the nation revenue dwindling on a daily basis, where will the FG gets monthly allocation to prop these states up. If there are enough quality in the house, the Senate will be checking the president and not the people.

We have long way to go.

You think if Nigeria is structured in a way the governor is the only thing the people see will they blame the president?

I don't think people in Switzerland and America care much who the president is since the state can engage foreign countries for their needs
Re: Senate Committee Proposes 20 New States by armadeo(m): 2:47pm On Aug 08, 2021
eldoradoxx:
I fully endorse the creation of several more States to close up a lot of ungoverned spaces in Nigeria. Take for instance, Kogi State, I don't know why Igala land cannot be a State with their own Governor , same for Ebira and Okun. Kaduna is naturally divided into two, why not Gurara State for Southern Kaduna Christians they own Kaduna city, while Zaria becomes capital of Kaduna for the predominantly Muslim Northern Kaduna. In Delta, why can't the Delta Igbos have their own Anioma State and included as a State in the South East with their ibo brothers while Warri becomes the Capital of Urohbo, Isoko, Ijaw brother as Delta State. In Enugu why not give the Nsukka people Adada State while the Nkanus and their close brothers Wawa's share the remaining Enugu with the capital where it is today. Why can't Benin become the State for Binis run by only Binis while Affemai and his brother Esan get their own state with capital in let's say Ekpoma or Auchi. TIV's need to have their State with capital at Gboko, while the rest take remaining with Markudi as Capital. State creation brings rapid development. Peo[b]ple who lived in Asaba, Ado Ekiti, Osogbo, Abakalii, Gusua, Lafia etc would remember how under developed their cities were until God used IBB/Abacha to make it Capital of their new State. state creation opens up new cities and new opportunities, new schools, new businesses.[/b] 36 States is too small for 200 million people. American has 50 States all surviving on their own with the industry of the people.

To be honest it's like you don't know the situation nogeria is in now. WE ARE BROKE. Only 3 or so of the current 36 states can fend for themselves without handouts from the government.

You want to add another 20 useless entities. Where would the money to care for the states come from. With governors, deputies, House of assemblies , reps and senators with the corresponding hangers on.

Commissioners and thier SAs. Men it is a suicide mission to try that now because they would all fail within the first year.

As far as I am concerned only one State needs to be created and that is in the east. They are right to claim it since others have 6 each. Besides that its rubbish.
Re: Senate Committee Proposes 20 New States by Nobody: 2:54pm On Aug 08, 2021
GitmoAuditors:
They can create all they want but they should leave Anambra out from this nonsense
grin My man no wan mak de Carve his village out of billionaire Anambra state grin grin

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Senate Committee Proposes 20 New States by plaetton: 3:09pm On Aug 08, 2021
Ikpeyi:

https://thenationonlineng.net/senate-committee-proposes-20-new-states/

My goodness!!

How stuupid are these fxxxg m.0rons to ever think that a problem is solved by having more of the of the very problem?

At least 75% of the existing states are insolvent and cannot pay N30k minimum wage.
And we want to duplicate their failures?

Nigeria's many problems are easily diagnosable, and can be summarized into a few simple facts.
1. The system is skewed to put very low IQ people in the most sensitive and critically important positions.
2. These armies of low IQ people make decisions that continually reinforce mediocrity and duplicate failures.
3. As such, our entire organs of governance are manned by low IQ debutants and recycled failures.
4. The results? A dystopian paradise.
Re: Senate Committee Proposes 20 New States by bluefilm: 3:09pm On Aug 08, 2021
Copy copy government.

Copying everything just to be like America.

From copying American fight against the COVID 19 SCAMdemic and now trying to be like 50 states of America.

But when it comes to building a strong economy like America, you won't find them there.

Tufiakwa.

1 Like

Re: Senate Committee Proposes 20 New States by edoairways: 3:15pm On Aug 08, 2021
frankmoney:
We don't need new states . What we need is true federalism and regional government ... Decentralize everything .....

We need
1. Community police ...( Each town has its own police department ) which the state and federal government does not have total control over

2. We need resources control : Evey state use what you have and develop yourself , just pay tax alone to FG

3. Get rid of the compulsory national grid . Any state that can generate electricity do so .

4. Ensure there is total separation of power between the arms of government , judiciary shouldn't be at Mercy of executive same with legislative arm

5. Federal government should only be concerned with foreign affairs and military ....and economic policies

6. And lastly appointments should be equally shared between every geo political zone.. Get rid of the Quota system
The best comment so far

1 Like

Re: Senate Committee Proposes 20 New States by Nobody: 3:32pm On Aug 08, 2021
Nigeria doesn’t need new states. I am sure it’s the godfathers and political arrowheads & and their stooges that are clamoring for more states for them to have states they can be ‘lording’ over and stealing from.
More so, they feel creating new states will curb agitation and remove requests for cessation. I give FG 20 years for people to enjoy the new states and agitation will return.

Must we copy America, in everything we do, politically, in Nigeria?

Creation of new states will divide Nigeria and Nigerians further than it will unite them.

Anyhow una like, run Nigeria but don’t create new states. I am certain Nigeria cannot be better in 2 generations to come. Just don’t add to the current problems at hand.
Re: Senate Committee Proposes 20 New States by eldoradoxx: 4:00pm On Aug 08, 2021
armadeo:

To be honest it's like you don't know the situation nogeria is in now. WE ARE BROKE. Only 3 or so of the current 36 states can fend for themselves without handouts from the government.

You want to add another 20 useless entities. Where would the money to care for the states come from. With governors, deputies, House of assemblies , reps and senators with the corresponding hangers on.

Commissioners and thier SAs. Men it is a suicide mission to try that now because they would all fail within the first year.

As far as I am concerned only one State needs to be created and that is in the east. They are right to claim it since others have 6 each. Besides that its rubbish.
If u create a new State out of existing one, split the allocation that used to go to the former State and share it with the new state because the population of the former state would have reduced, the number of workers, the number of institutions it maintained would have also reduced with the creation of a new state out of it. Then allow them invent how to raise resources for their development.
Re: Senate Committee Proposes 20 New States by Onma89: 4:33pm On Aug 08, 2021
Oga senators it will not work oh benue state is included
Re: Senate Committee Proposes 20 New States by Liebermantic: 4:42pm On Aug 08, 2021
onuman:

In order.

Two more states in the south - one in the southeast, from Imo or Anambra state to be precise; another in Oyo zone in Oyo state.

Local government areas need to be delisted from the constitution as federating units, let every state create its local government areas.
Any state creation must make all regions have equal number of states..
Southeast have 5 states..and we support the new 20 proposed state creation..
Re: Senate Committee Proposes 20 New States by Liebermantic: 4:44pm On Aug 08, 2021
I support the creation of the proposed 20 States..More states,more job opportunities..The State should invest heavily in Agriculture to be viable and self-sustaining

1 Like

Re: Senate Committee Proposes 20 New States by planetx: 5:41pm On Aug 08, 2021
eldoradoxx:
I fully endorse the creation of several more States to close up a lot of ungoverned spaces in Nigeria. Take for instance, Kogi State, I don't know why Igala land cannot be a State with their own Governor , same for Ebira and Okun. Kaduna is naturally divided into two, why not Gurara State for Southern Kaduna Christians they own Kaduna city, while Zaria becomes capital of Kaduna for the predominantly Muslim Northern Kaduna. In Delta, why can't the Delta Igbos have their own Anioma State and included as a State in the South East with their ibo brothers while Warri becomes the Capital of Urohbo, Isoko, Ijaw brother as Delta State. In Enugu why not give the Nsukka people Adada State while the Nkanus and their close brothers Wawa's share the remaining Enugu with the capital where it is today. Why can't Benin become the State for Binis run by only Binis while Affemai and his brother Esan get their own state with capital in let's say Ekpoma or Auchi. TIV's need to have their State with capital at Gboko, while the rest take remaining with Markudi as Capital. State creation brings rapid development. People who lived in Asaba, Ado Ekiti, Osogbo, Abakalii, Gusua, Lafia etc would remember how under developed their cities were until God used IBB/Abacha to make it Capital of their new State. state creation opens up new cities and new opportunities, new schools, new businesses. 36 States is too small for 200 million people. American has 50 States all surviving on their own with the industry of the people.
Nigeria is just the size of one those 50 American states Texas.
Re: Senate Committee Proposes 20 New States by Oracleforce: 6:36pm On Aug 08, 2021
onuman:

Merge your own non viable state to a nearby viable state to save money for Nigeria.

What brought this e-rat to my mention....?
If I respond to your trashy comment, I will be dignifying your stupidity...

Bye
Re: Senate Committee Proposes 20 New States by armadeo(m): 10:16pm On Aug 08, 2021
eldoradoxx:
If u create a new State out of existing one, split the allocation that used to go to the former State and share it with the new state because the population of the former state would have reduced, the number of workers, the number of institutions it maintained would have also reduced with the creation of a new state out of it. Then allow them invent how to raise resources for their development.

The current resources cannot look after the old state talk of spliiting and the new State.

The major issue is the cost of politics.

In simple terms assume a State receives 1 billion naira a month and cannot cater for it self. You split I into two and share the funds to 500million each.

The new State has to start afresh paying a new set of politicians ( who's interest is first and foremost), the building structures and paying new employees I.e house of assembly, commissioners and the baggage that accompany them.

That's using halving the current resources to fulfill the needs of the whole..

It cannot work ever.

P.s if there were ways to raise funds the old states will bot require handouts and be termed unfixable in the first place.

It's a bad idea. It should be shelved asap.
Re: Senate Committee Proposes 20 New States by seunayantokun(m): 7:32am On Aug 09, 2021
Restructuring, not mushroom states creation
Re: Senate Committee Proposes 20 New States by GiZcorp: 11:52pm On Aug 09, 2021
bizzibodi:

I wonder why apa state is not on that list?
So now u know that it's not only youths that do Yahoo but elder Statemen too.. lol
Re: Senate Committee Proposes 20 New States by JADEK04: 6:57am On Aug 12, 2023
tutudesz:

Were the money come from to fund this new state
they can divide the initial money to new state...these state are too big for our governor brain....they are not that intelligent
Re: Senate Committee Proposes 20 New States by Emperor5(m): 7:30am On Aug 12, 2023
Creating more state is a welcome development because it'll bring development to grass root.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

President Jonathan's Convoy Stoned In Yola During Campaign - BBC / T.O.S. Benson Poses With His Studebaker Commander / What Olukemi Badenoch Said About Nigeria In 2017 (Throwback)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.