Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,190 members, 7,815,151 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:17 AM

How Do I Make Money As A Fresher In The University? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Do I Make Money As A Fresher In The University? (807 Views)

Under 35 CEOs: I Started My Real Estate Company in the University - Arnold / What Business Can I Start At The University? / 4 Sure Ways To Earn Extra Money As A Working Class Nigerian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Make Money As A Fresher In The University? by Tarvel(m): 12:25pm On Aug 08, 2021
Good day, I recently got admitted into the university and I've been thinking of several ways I can make money for myself without depending on my parents.
During the lockdown break I tried to get into programming but it was all in vain cos I couldn't afford a system yet.
I considered blogging, it's something I can do with my phone but I've watched several tutorials and they all keep saying it requires a lot of your time. I don't even have enough time to myself yet, lol, mostly because of the course I'm doing and I'm still adjusting to school, new lifestyle and all.
Now, I've run out of ideas cry .

What suggestions do you have?
Re: How Do I Make Money As A Fresher In The University? by urobodoski419(m): 12:35pm On Aug 08, 2021
Tarvel:
Good day, I recently got admitted into the university and I've been thinking of several ways I can make money for myself without depending on my parents.
During the lockdown break I tried to get into programming but it was all in vain cos I couldn't afford a system yet.
I considered blogging, it's something I can do with my phone but I've watched several tutorials and they all keep saying it requires a lot of your time. I don't even have enough time to myself yet, lol, mostly because of the course I'm doing and I'm still adjusting to school, new lifestyle and all.

Bro , I too just got admitted this yr and I honestly don't know what to do . I'm into programming but I can't afford a laptop yet . And my parents no too hold money like that , I currently work at a factory but I can't do that when I resume school. Abeg someone should help us out

1 Like

Re: How Do I Make Money As A Fresher In The University? by Tony3245(m): 12:37pm On Aug 08, 2021
Go into freelancing

1 Like

Re: How Do I Make Money As A Fresher In The University? by urobodoski419(m): 12:38pm On Aug 08, 2021
Tarvel:

From what I heard , some people recommend ushering at events , learning a skill like hairdressing , barbing etc

1 Like

Re: How Do I Make Money As A Fresher In The University? by urobodoski419(m): 12:39pm On Aug 08, 2021
Tony3245:
Go into freelancing
whats that
Re: How Do I Make Money As A Fresher In The University? by Tony3245(m): 12:45pm On Aug 08, 2021
urobodoski419:
whats that
Chat me up on WhatsApp with the number on my signature

1 Like

Re: How Do I Make Money As A Fresher In The University? by nnoyee: 12:49pm On Aug 08, 2021
Tarvel:

You can go into Affiliate Marketing.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Make Money As A Fresher In The University? by Mide3367: 1:19pm On Aug 08, 2021
grin
Re: How Do I Make Money As A Fresher In The University? by Pk01(m): 2:12pm On Aug 08, 2021
nnoyee:

You can go into Affiliate Marketing.
where will he get money to run advert.. Fb, insta, and Google ads? ..

1 Like

Re: How Do I Make Money As A Fresher In The University? by nnoyee: 2:27pm On Aug 08, 2021
Pk01:
where will he get money to run advert.. Fb, insta, and Google ads? ..

He mustn't start with paid traffic. In fact, it is not recommended for a newbie even if he has the money because he needs to understand how everything works. If not he will lose his money sharply�.

So to answer your question, he should start with free traffic like facebook organic marketing, tiktok has massive traffic now too, youtube etc.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Make Money As A Fresher In The University? by ThothHermes: 4:28pm On Aug 08, 2021
Tarvel:

Re: How Do I Make Money As A Fresher In The University? by Tarvel(m): 5:50pm On Aug 08, 2021
Tony3245:

Chat me up on WhatsApp with the number on my signature

I've sent you a DM also
Re: How Do I Make Money As A Fresher In The University? by Tarvel(m): 5:52pm On Aug 08, 2021
urobodoski419:
Bro , I too just got admitted this yr and I honestly don't know what to do . I'm into programming but I can't afford a laptop yet . And my parents no too hold money like that , I currently work at a factory but I can't do that when I resume school. Abeg someone should help us out

I hope we both find what we're looking for smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: How Do I Make Money As A Fresher In The University? by urobodoski419(m): 9:14pm On Aug 08, 2021
Tarvel:

How do WhatsApp TV owners make their money?
I was also wondering the same . Apart from posting ads , I can't think of how they make money

1 Like

Re: How Do I Make Money As A Fresher In The University? by urobodoski419(m): 9:15pm On Aug 08, 2021
Tarvel:

I hope we both find what we're looking for smiley smiley
Amen oooo . How I wish say I fit afford part time . Which school were u admitted

1 Like

Re: How Do I Make Money As A Fresher In The University? by stingermania(m): 11:09pm On Aug 08, 2021
I'll recommend you start offering a service on Fiverr or Upwork.

They're some things you can offer without actually doing the work. Not having a laptop could complicate things though, But it's possible.

P.S - I have nothing to sell you. Just browse around Fiverr and see for yourself.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Make Money As A Fresher In The University? by urobodoski419(m): 11:46pm On Aug 08, 2021
stingermania:
I'll recommend you start offering a service on Fiverr or Upwork.

They're some things you can offer without actually doing the work. Not having a laptop could complicate things though, But it's possible.

P.S - I have nothing to sell you. Just browse around Fiverr and see for yourself.
Boss , no vex oo , what are some of the things one could offer that is actually profitable .

1 Like

Re: How Do I Make Money As A Fresher In The University? by Pk01(m): 7:59am On Aug 09, 2021
nnoyee:

He mustn't start with paid traffic. In fact, it is not recommended for a newbie even if he has the money because he needs to understand how everything works. If not he will lose his money sharply�.

So to answer your question, he should start with free traffic like facebook organic marketing, tiktok has massive traffic now too, youtube etc.
I have sent a dm sir... I want to learn your method of affiliate marketing.
Re: How Do I Make Money As A Fresher In The University? by stingermania(m): 7:58pm On Aug 09, 2021
urobodoski419:
Boss , no vex oo , what are some of the things one could offer that is actually profitable .

I'll recommend selling something in the writing and marketing categories. The competition aren't as fierce compare to Graphic Design.
Re: How Do I Make Money As A Fresher In The University? by AbPurelove(f): 8:06pm On Aug 09, 2021
urobodoski419:

You can always start with Affiliate Marketing
Re: How Do I Make Money As A Fresher In The University? by AbPurelove(f): 8:08pm On Aug 09, 2021
Tarvel:

Am also a newly admitted student, and I do affiliate marketing, though it isn't easy and everything but that one thing you can start for sure that can get you passive income, even with school loads and everything.

You can chat me up on WhatsApp if you want to know how you can start

1 Like

Re: How Do I Make Money As A Fresher In The University? by Nobody: 12:02am On Aug 10, 2021
Face your studies well at build up you result at your first year,you can do business later

1 Like

Re: How Do I Make Money As A Fresher In The University? by nnoyee: 2:48pm On Aug 10, 2021
Pk01:
I have sent a dm sir... I want to learn your method of affiliate marketing.

Am sorry I just saw this, unfortunately I have lost the email details I used when I signed up on Nairaland so I can't access my dm
Re: How Do I Make Money As A Fresher In The University? by Pk01(m): 4:08pm On Aug 10, 2021
nnoyee:

Am sorry I just saw this, unfortunately I have lost the email details I used when I signed up on Nairaland so I can't access my dm

If you are still interested, you can reach me on . Thanks
thanks you can delete it now
Re: How Do I Make Money As A Fresher In The University? by Princeofabia: 9:29pm On Aug 10, 2021
urobodoski419:
I was also wondering the same . Apart from posting ads , I can't think of how they make money
Organizing face contest.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Investors Needed As Soon As Possible / I Need Dollar!!. Please Read / Sound Proof Generators For Sale (abuja)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.