Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:08 AM

Olympics ranking for African countries - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Olympics ranking for African countries (931 Views)

Olympics Tribute To Apollo & Zeus (Paris 2024) / Tokyo2020: How African Countries Have Fared So Far / The Nigerian Bobsled & Skeleton Team At Winter Olympics Opening Event (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Olympics ranking for African countries by PediakAuthor: 1:34pm On Aug 08, 2021
It is well...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Olympics ranking for African countries by paulolee(m): 1:37pm On Aug 08, 2021
nice summary

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Olympics ranking for African countries by Samfloxin(m): 3:13pm On Aug 08, 2021
Nigeria!!!!!!! Always at the bottom of the list for heroic deeds.
Re: Olympics ranking for African countries by PediakAuthor: 9:55am On Aug 09, 2021
Samfloxin:
Nigeria!!!!!!! Always at the bottom of the list for heroic deeds.

Bro, that doesn't change the fact that Nigeria is still the African giant in several other ramifications, I strongly believe that we can do better in the future, not only that, undoubtedly, Nigeria is endowed with the human resource capacities (sporting talents) needed to win more medals.

We only need to restrategize on how to hunt for viable talents that would represent us at the global scenery in subsequent competitions.

In summary, this result is sending us a strong signal that we need to upgrade our sporting sector to the global standard of best practices; a type of standard that could face the realities of this present era...

1 Like

Re: Olympics ranking for African countries by Ppogbae: 11:52am On Aug 09, 2021
Our goal should be to send 100+ athletes to Paris 2024. And we must make sure that they qualify according to international regulations in place. 55 athletes is too little for a nation that can boast of athletes and descendants in almost every major sporting league on Earth.

Having both soccer teams and as well as our basketball squads will get us half way there. Afterwards, focus in track and field and qualify as many as we can in that. Sports like wrestling and boxing will follow and we'll be on our way to 100+.
Re: Olympics ranking for African countries by kenzysmith: 11:59am On Aug 09, 2021
Nigeria is the most populous black nation but corruption has crippled the county. He nor go better for our leaders in every sectors
Re: Olympics ranking for African countries by kenzysmith: 12:02pm On Aug 09, 2021
Ppogbae:
Our goal should be to send 100+ athletes to Paris 2024. And we must make sure that they qualify according to international regulations in place. 55 athletes is too little for a nation that can boast of athletes and descendants in almost every major sporting league on Earth.

Having both soccer teams and as well as our basketball squads will get us half way there. Afterwards, focus in track and field and qualify as many as we can in that. Sports like wrestling and boxing will follow and we'll be on our way to 100+.
shey u go provide money for their up keep u feel say them nor kW wetin dem dey do? Leave matter for Mattias

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Olympics ranking for African countries by Ppogbae: 12:05pm On Aug 09, 2021
kenzysmith:
shey u go provide money for their up keep u feel say them nor kW wetin dem dey do? Leave matter for Mattias

It is not alot when you think about it. The only reason our athletes count was so low is because both soccer teams didn't qualify. Each team is composed of 23 players, so that would've been 55 athletes + 46 from soccer.
Re: Olympics ranking for African countries by kenzysmith: 12:10pm On Aug 09, 2021
PediakAuthor:

Bro, that doesn't change the fact that Nigeria is still the African giant in several other ramifications, I strongly believe that we can do better in the future, not only that, undoubtedly, Nigeria is endowed with the human resource capacities (sporting talents) needed to win more medals.

We only need to restrategize on how to hunt for viable talents that would represent us at the global scenery in subsequent competitions.

In summary, this result is sending us a strong signal that we need to upgrade our sporting sector to the global standard of best practices; a type of standard that could face the realities of this present era...
African what? In football in Africa nation cup how many have u won? Caf champions league how many trophies have u won? World cup (senior) have u been to even the quarters? Even the under 17 world cup we dominated are they not over age players? If na music yes. Giant of Africa my foot. We and England no difference always hyping

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Olympics ranking for African countries by PediakAuthor: 8:02pm On Aug 09, 2021
kenzysmith:
African what? In football in Africa nation cup how many have u won? Caf champions league how many trophies have u won? World cup (senior) have u been to even the quarters? Even the under 17 world cup we dominated are they not over age players? If na music yes. Giant of Africa my foot. We and England no difference always hyping

Bros calm down, even within the scope of African footballers, Nigeria has more players in reputable foreign clubs... that's why I said giant of Africa in other ramifications... not to even start talking about our untapped natural resources and mineral resources, and even our human resource capacities (intellectualists, despite the brain drain factors), or should we start talking about the Nigerian GDP? If not the first, it should be the 2nd in Africa. However, I fully understand that the well-being of a nation is measure by per capita income and not GDP, that's the only disadvantage of the massive passive population in Nigeria (most especially when they don't contribute to IGR or GDP).
All these epistles are the justification for my phrase "African giant in other ramifications", so forget about the few medals we have here bro...
Nigeria still remains our country despite the ups and downs...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Olympics ranking for African countries by Nobody: 8:05pm On Aug 09, 2021
Imagine d supposed giant of africa
Re: Olympics ranking for African countries by kenzysmith: 8:25pm On Aug 09, 2021
PediakAuthor:

Bros calm down, even within the scope of African footballers, Nigeria has more players in reputable foreign clubs... that's why I said giant of Africa in other ramifications... not to even start talking about our untapped natural resources and mineral resources, and even our human resource capacities (intellectualists, despite the brain drain factors), or should we start talking about the Nigerian GDP? If not the first, it should be the 2nd in Africa. However, I fully understand that the well-being of a nation is measure by per capita income and not GDP, that's the only disadvantage of the massive passive population in Nigeria (most especially when they don't contribute to IGR or GDP).
All these epistles are the justification for my phrase "African giant in other ramifications", so forget about the few medals we have here bro...
Nigeria still remains our country despite the ups and downs...
how many of your players are in manutd,Chelsea,Liverpool, juventus,ac millan,Barcelona, Madrid,atletico Madrid, PSG,Bayern, Dortmund,arsenal,ajax,celtic this are the faint of European football, reputable clubs my foot. Our players are just average bunch
Re: Olympics ranking for African countries by PediakAuthor: 9:09pm On Aug 09, 2021
kenzysmith:
how many of your players are in manutd,Chelsea,Liverpool, juventus,ac millan,Barcelona, Madrid,atletico Madrid, PSG,Bayern, Dortmund,arsenal,ajax,celtic this are the faint of European football, reputable clubs my foot. Our players are just average bunch

Hey bro... just a simple question of mine will answer your question...

If you pour water in a glass cup, and you get it filled up to the middle level, i.e. 50% filled, will you say the cup is half-full or half-empty?

Hint: Your response tells a lot about your personalities... I just want to check something...

(1) (Reply)

Newcastle Players Beg For Ronaldo Jersey / Real Madrid 17 VS Bayern Munich 9 / England Team, Correct Choice?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.