Stats: 3,151,043 members, 7,810,862 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:10 PM

Army Receives 605 Repentant Boko Haram, ISWAP Members - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Army Receives 605 Repentant Boko Haram, ISWAP Members (23206 Views)

Troops Neutralise Boko Haram/iswap Members At Kasha, Recover Weapons / Boko Haram, ISWAP Clash As Members Turn Guns Against Each Other. Many Killed / Army Receives Large Consignment Of Ammunition At Abuja Airport. Photos (2) (3) (4)

Army Receives 605 Repentant Boko Haram, ISWAP Members by Nobody: 1:59pm On Aug 08, 2021
In an intelligence-driven operation, the Nigerian military has so far received 605 ISWAP Boko Haram members who laid down their arms and surrendered to the troops, PRNigeria authoritatively gathered.

It further gathered that 229 of the members who are mostly women and children have been handed over to the Borno state government.

In recent weeks, many Boko Haram fighters and their families wilfully denounced their evil campaigns and surrendered to the Nigerian Army.

A top intelligence operative involved in the operation told PRNigeria that the exercise for the repentant terrorists and their families adhered to international laws and best practices, relating to enemies willing to surrender.

According to the senior officer, some of the former fighters were afraid they could be killed if they surrendered but were persuaded by their spouses and parents.

The officer said: “Surprisingly, their parents and wives gave them encouragement that they would stand by them if they surrender to troops.

“The intelligence efforts are invisible but manifesting in current outcomes. The Chief of Army Staff, Lt. Gen Faruk Yahaya encourages a mixed technique of kinetic and non-kinetic operations that are humane in nature as he instructed that while we accept those willing to surrender, we should not spare the stubborn one by sending them to where they belong.

“The sustained and well-coordinated military operation has exerted pressure on the terrorists who have deserted their various hideouts and camps, while their members who felt being misled are surrendering with their families to the Nigerian troops

“During profiling, some of the Commanders who surrendered to troops admitted that their various enclaves are bedevilled by hunger, disease, and the perpetual fear of military offensives.

“The media are key to shaping the troops’ resolve to continue their aggressive posture, while the citizens maintain their confidence on the military efforts on Counter-Terrorism,” he said.

PRNigeria

Re: Army Receives 605 Repentant Boko Haram, ISWAP Members by Authority1o1(m): 2:03pm On Aug 08, 2021
Okay...

Boko Haram has been outsmarting Nigeria in all ramifications. Using her head like a mugu who walked into the shop of an Igbo man to buy an electronic product.

Sense will not kill those Boko Haram men. They handed their wives and children to the State Government, so that as usual, they would be taken care of like first class citizens.

They are actually playing a game with Nigeria. A game which sadly involves the lives of others. When you think you're about to get caught you surrender and repent. And your playmate, Nigeria would reward you beyond your imagination with a wide smile for being so good at the game.

I'm even contemplating joining Boko Haram. Who knows, when I repent like they do, the country might sponsor me, and could send me abroad for further skill acquisition and trainings.

222 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Army Receives 605 Repentant Boko Haram, ISWAP Members by Kaduna1stson: 2:04pm On Aug 08, 2021
grin.

The south thinks they have sense grin

These guys will be sent for training in expensive countries and later returned to help keep Sunday Igboho and his miscreants at bay.

69 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Army Receives 605 Repentant Boko Haram, ISWAP Members by Bigredmachine: 2:04pm On Aug 08, 2021
It's well... This is just some of the reason why I tend to think this life is just not fair...

What happens to the numerous number of family these bastards have rendered useless, made homeless and sent into poverty

It's an insult to those who have fallen victim's under their murderous actions...

And to think the federal government will still go ahead to put many of them under pay... Just shows how hopeless the common man is before this government...

72 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Army Receives 605 Repentant Boko Haram, ISWAP Members by Gentlerespect76: 2:15pm On Aug 08, 2021
Stop deceiving Nigerians to avoid fire consuming you from heaven. Nigerian Army should be decimating them on the frontiers of battle, not sitting in offices and welcoming them thereby giving their commanders time to plan and execute precise attacks against hapless citizens. Anyway we Igbo keep telling you we are not Nigerians and need to be allowed to take our destiny in our hand and by the mercies of God you people will see how a black nation could set examples!!

Nonsense and ingredients Nigerian army my foot!

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Army Receives 605 Repentant Boko Haram, ISWAP Members by Lifestone(m): 2:16pm On Aug 08, 2021
Kaduna1stson:
grin.

These guys will be sent for training in expensive countries and later returned to help keep Sunday Igboho and his miscreants at bay.
Sorry o, what do you recommend on how this should be handled. Should the army reject them?

Re: Army Receives 605 Repentant Boko Haram, ISWAP Members by Lifestone(m): 2:18pm On Aug 08, 2021
Gentlerespect76:
Stop deceiving Nigerians to avoid fire consuming you from heaven. Nigerian Army should be decimating them on the frontiers of battle, not sitting in offices and welcoming them thereby giving their commanders time to plan and execute precise attacks against hapless citizens. Anyway we Igbo keep telling you we are not Nigerians and need to be allowed to take our destiny in our hand and by the mercies of God you people will see how a black nation could set examples!!

Nonsense and ingredients Nigerian army my foot!
Have you ever visited a war theater before? How Nigerians don't appreciate those who laid their lifes to fight these wars is what I can't understand

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Army Receives 605 Repentant Boko Haram, ISWAP Members by Gentlerespect76: 2:20pm On Aug 08, 2021
Your question is pointless

Lifestone:

Have you ever visited a war theater before? How Nigerians don't appreciate those who laid their lifes to fight these wars is what I can't understand

37 Likes

Re: Army Receives 605 Repentant Boko Haram, ISWAP Members by Gentlerespect76: 2:21pm On Aug 08, 2021
You are right, na una get sense. Abi? One day the blind go see.

Kaduna1stson:
grin.

Re: Army Receives 605 Repentant Boko Haram, ISWAP Members by Emergingnation(m): 2:22pm On Aug 08, 2021
Lifestone:

You mean we should appreciate those fighting solely for the interest of Fulani caliphate,

instead of our collective interest.

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Army Receives 605 Repentant Boko Haram, ISWAP Members by Lifestone(m): 2:23pm On Aug 08, 2021
Gentlerespect76:
Your question is pointless

I don't expect any better response from cynical people like you. If you don't have contribution to make, why can't you just keep shut

Re: Army Receives 605 Repentant Boko Haram, ISWAP Members by Racoon(m): 2:23pm On Aug 08, 2021
Of course that was the ground plan from for inception of this satanic Buhari regime.Create, use, and the conpensate these killers as repentant, rehabilitated and deradicalized terrorists.

Re: Army Receives 605 Repentant Boko Haram, ISWAP Members by Gentlerespect76: 2:25pm On Aug 08, 2021
My friend you should be the one to shut it. Which soldiers are killed in the battle front? Do you know what soldiers do in Orlu. Please get outta here!!!

Lifestone:

I don't expect any better response from cynical people like you. If you don't have contribution to make, why can't you just keep shut

Re: Army Receives 605 Repentant Boko Haram, ISWAP Members by Obamaofusa: 2:27pm On Aug 08, 2021
I suspect that those fake repentant terrorists have a plan,some ulterior motives but it will backfire at them.Inshallahu

Re: Army Receives 605 Repentant Boko Haram, ISWAP Members by psucc(m): 2:29pm On Aug 08, 2021
The same will understudy the military and gain access and infor for more attack.

If the military really mean, they will understand the tactics used by the Boko Haram. They will surrender to gain access to places and information before launching a new spate of attacks.

Re: Army Receives 605 Repentant Boko Haram, ISWAP Members by WibusJaga: 2:45pm On Aug 08, 2021

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Army Receives 605 Repentant Boko Haram, ISWAP Members by yanabasee1(m): 2:45pm On Aug 08, 2021
This is solely the North issues ...

I will get extremely concerned if they come to SouthSouth to kill anyone....

This isn't any of my consine!!

Re: Army Receives 605 Repentant Boko Haram, ISWAP Members by AntiBMC(m): 2:56pm On Aug 08, 2021
These ones are the terr0rists that will be recruited into the army as usual, to start killing pple in the south, while protecting killer herdsmen from attacks. The army has been corrupted, same with customs and every other arm of security in Nigeria.

Wake up now and demand for referendum b4 it is too late.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Army Receives 605 Repentant Boko Haram, ISWAP Members by Lifestone(m): 2:56pm On Aug 08, 2021
Gentlerespect76:
My friend you should be the one to shut it. Which soldiers are killed in the battle front? Do you know what soldiers do in Orlu. Please get outta here!!!

That's diversionary
Re: Army Receives 605 Repentant Boko Haram, ISWAP Members by Lifestone(m): 2:57pm On Aug 08, 2021
Emergingnation:
You mean we should appreciate those fighting solely for the interest of Fulani caliphate,

instead of our collective interest.
You guys are leaving the context. Stay within the debate

Re: Army Receives 605 Repentant Boko Haram, ISWAP Members by iamDrRhymes(m): 3:00pm On Aug 08, 2021
Buhari is winning. Peace be upon Nigeria ��

Re: Army Receives 605 Repentant Boko Haram, ISWAP Members by orisa37: 3:08pm On Aug 08, 2021
They once fought against Their Father Land. So they're high level CRIMINALS. Round them all up before a High Court and get them all sentenced to PUBLIC EXECUTION BY FIRING SQUADS.

Re: Army Receives 605 Repentant Boko Haram, ISWAP Members by Grace001: 3:12pm On Aug 08, 2021
Kaduna1stson:
grin.

You’re not far from the truth... Southern region will continue to be seen as a subject by the northern oligarchy.

But it’s not your fault, it’s those bastards southerner leaders who are all asś lickers. But you will be disappointed one day.
Re: Army Receives 605 Repentant Boko Haram, ISWAP Members by BigDawsNet: 3:32pm On Aug 08, 2021
Thank God !!!

But as per Nigeria that we all know...

Should we be worried?

Re: Army Receives 605 Repentant Boko Haram, ISWAP Members by Eriokanmi: 3:33pm On Aug 08, 2021
Another northern arrangee to cash out. They just went somewhere and looked for the extremely poor among them, whom they could dash federal cake. I've never seen or heard terrorists repent

Re: Army Receives 605 Repentant Boko Haram, ISWAP Members by Aloof: 3:33pm On Aug 08, 2021
In Buhari's voice;
They would be released back to the society, they are our brothers.
The only Terrorists we have in Nigeria are IPOB and Igboho boys.

Anywhere you see IPOB, shoot them at sight.

Re: Army Receives 605 Repentant Boko Haram, ISWAP Members by Zico5(m): 3:33pm On Aug 08, 2021
That's why I can never pity the massacres in North. Repentant Boko haram will automatically metamorphosis into bandits. From there complete annihilation will continue. Why can't these fools extend such gesture to repentant ESN or iPob. We are in for long thing so far we share the same country with these fools

Re: Army Receives 605 Repentant Boko Haram, ISWAP Members by PointZerom: 3:33pm On Aug 08, 2021
After they have kidnapped, rapped women to death, destroy public property, kill soldiers, shot down multi million fighter jets, make children to be out of school etc.

I WEEP FOR NIGERIA.

Re: Army Receives 605 Repentant Boko Haram, ISWAP Members by dazzlingd(m): 3:33pm On Aug 08, 2021
Our future presidents
Re: Army Receives 605 Repentant Boko Haram, ISWAP Members by Darreytinho10(m): 3:33pm On Aug 08, 2021
These guys need to gown the grave, they are dangerous forget about repentance

Re: Army Receives 605 Repentant Boko Haram, ISWAP Members by superCleanworks(m): 3:34pm On Aug 08, 2021
hey na wah oh.
you go wan enter okada you no go know say na rePAINTED bokoharam bike you enter
you wan buy suya... same thing
you wan shine your shoe... na them
na dem u go still call to ENTER YOUR COMPOUND & carry dustbin
they are all around us.
thanks to the government.

Nigeria In Deep Economic Trouble: “FG, States, LGs Share N518.5bn For June” / Court Remands Babangida Aliyu In Prison Custody / South-West Governors And Miyetti Allah Ban Open Grazing After Meeting