Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,763 members, 7,817,106 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:54 AM

Police Arrest 29 Suspected ESN Members In Their Camps, 3 Women Arrested - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Arrest 29 Suspected ESN Members In Their Camps, 3 Women Arrested (23324 Views)

Soldiers Raid Abuja Forests, Arrest Bandits, Destroy Their Camps / Imo Mob Lynches Suspected ESN Member Trying To Enforce Sit-At-Home Order / Police Kill Several ‘IPOB/ESN’ Members, Overrun Three Camps In Imo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Arrest 29 Suspected ESN Members In Their Camps, 3 Women Arrested by hammerDK: 7:40pm On Aug 08, 2021
IF ME AND ANOTHER PERSON COME TOGETHER AND AGREE TO LIVE TOGETHER, NO PROBLEM.

IF ME AND ANOTHER PERSON COME TOGETHER AND WE DISAGREE TO LIVE TOGETHER.

THE OTHER PERSON TRIES TO LEAVE AND I SAY NO, U CANNOT LEAVE AND WE MUST LIVE TOGETHER, SURELY EVERYBODY CAN AGREE THAT IS WRONG.

JUDGING BY THE IMBECCILE ON THIS THREAD CHARACTER, WE CAN NEVER LIVE TOGETHER IN PEACE, IT IS JUST NOT POSSIBLE.

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest 29 Suspected ESN Members In Their Camps, 3 Women Arrested by Farid24224(m): 7:40pm On Aug 08, 2021
9jah:
Stop Calling ESN A Terrorist Group! By Adebayo Raphael
The Nigeria that Buhari desperately desires is one in which all Nigerians practice fatalism. The day we all become fatalists in the face of the mighty oppression and injustice happening under Buhari’s regime is the day we stop being free. The news mediums reporting ESN as a terrorist group are doing a great disservice to the Nigerian people: they are imposing on Nigerians a state of subservience to a terrorist state; they are reporting injustice with the language of an oppressive state; telling Nigerians to be weak, that defying oppression and injustice by the state means terrorism; they are telling Nigerians to not be free, that freedom means being targeted and killed by the Nigerian state. But I reject that. We cannot be free and not be free.
On 30 May 2016, about one thousand women, men and children peacefully marching to commemorate the killing of roughly 2million Biafrans between 1967-1970 by Nigerian security forces (the army and police) were on the receiving end of a terrible, inhumane terrorist blitzkrieg by Nigerian Security Forces; under the malefic orders of the Commander-in-Chief of the Federal Armed Forces General Buhari, Nigeria’s current president.

On that day and the day before it, a report by Amnesty International confirms that no less than sixty of those peaceful Biafran commemorators were shot and killed, and at least seventy of them injured as a result of the attacks on those two days alone. Among those who died, the report narrates, was a man who had phoned his wife minutes before the bullet lodged in his abdomen was followed by merciless gunshots from Nigerian soldiers to ensure his coup de grâce. His wife was still on the phone when the Nigerian army brutally ended his life. Six others in that army truck were simply extrajudicially killed. The 2016 report by Amnesty International estimates that at least one hundred and fifty pro-Biafra activists were slaughtered by Nigerian security forces between August 2015 and August 2016.

To understand the weight of that massacre, we can take a quick look at England and Wales – where the number of fatal shootings during contact with the police between 2007 and 2018 was twenty-four in all. That’s six times the number of Biafran activists killed by Nigerian security forces in two days, simply for commemorating those that the Nigerian state has refused to remember.

In September 2017, a senseless joint raid by the Nigerian army and police descended upon the palace of the traditional ruler of Afaraukwu, Eze Israel Kanu – also Nnamdi Kanu’s father, killed five people and injured about thirty in the process. Those who have not forgotten the video clips that emerged online from that incident would recall how dishevelled the military and police left the place, allegedly in search of Kanu, who would later lose his mother to the shock she suffered from that invasion. At the time, the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) was simply a non-violent secessionist group with a leader perceived by many as a demagogue.

Again to understand the weight of that incident, let’s return to the UK where Nicola Sturgeon, First Minister of Scotland, has told British Prime Minister Boris Johnson that another referendum on Scotland’s secession from the UK is a matter of “when – not if”. Nobody – neither Britain’s Prime Minister nor Queen Elizabeth II – has ordered the invasion of her home or the traumatization of her parents. That is a society where mad people are not in leadership positions as we have them in Nigeria.

When Buhari exhausted his list of fabrications for the deliberate killings and human rights violations of IPOB members, he then went berserk and proscribed the group, designating it a terrorist organization whilst at the same time, more or less patting the actual terrorists – Fulani herders, on the back as “bandits” who deserved reintegration into the society. When Pythons were dancing in the South East, no reptile was dancing in the North West and North Central -- yet herders were raping and killing innocent civilians mindlessly. This background, though non-exhaustive, is necessary for us to understand how the Eastern Security Network (ESN) came to be.

According to Nnamdi Kanu, leader of the IPOB, what led to the creation of the ESN were the endless incursions of Fulani herders, the indiscriminate raping of women and destruction of farmlands in the name of grazing in the South East and South-South; yet one cannot but recognize that there had always been enough reasons to create an ESN as a self-defence mechanism for IPOB members.

The sovereignty of a state does not and cannot legitimize its wanton use of violence against its own people. Peace is not a zero-sum pledge; it’s a commitment that involves more than one party. Buhari is not interested in peace and conflict resolution, except when it is about his Fulani tribe. If he were, he would have followed that path instead of unprovoked violence against IPOB.

The emergence of the ESN became necessary the day Buhari declared war on IPOB and none on Fulani herders. ESN is not the terrorist here – it kills no innocent civilians; the only terrorist in this snafu is the Nigerian state led by Buhari. Every action that Buhari takes as Nigerian president imposes a moral responsibility on us as citizens of Nigeria. Buhari has no justification for his aerial and ground raids on innocent civilians living in the South East under the guise of ending the ESN. Our duty as citizens is to let the state know whenever it goes wrong or diverges from the social contract that legitimized its emergence.

No Nigerian signed a contract of human rights violations and enforced disappearances; unprovoked killings of hundreds of Shia Muslims and burial in mass graves; unlawful detention and unscrupulous raids on homes of judges, activists and government critics; the wanton killings of EndSARS protesters; or other such nefarious things Buhari has done as president of Nigeria -- so it makes no sense, that a group impelled to emerge for the survival of its democratically-guaranteed interest is called a terrorist, but the real terrorist gets to hide behind the veil of sovereignty.

The Nigeria that Buhari desperately desires is one in which all Nigerians practice fatalism. The day we all become fatalists in the face of the mighty oppression and injustice happening under Buhari’s regime is the day we stop being free. The news mediums reporting ESN as a terrorist group are doing a great disservice to the Nigerian people: they are imposing on Nigerians a state of subservience to a terrorist state; they are reporting injustice with the language of an oppressive state; telling Nigerians to be weak, that defying oppression and injustice by the state means terrorism; they are telling Nigerians to not be free, that freedom means being targeted and killed by the Nigerian state. But I reject that. We cannot be free and not be free.

Adebayo Raphael is a Writer and Human Rights Activist.

­

Toxic!!

They are terrorists... grin
Re: Police Arrest 29 Suspected ESN Members In Their Camps, 3 Women Arrested by APOSTLECHUMA: 7:41pm On Aug 08, 2021
Let them be drafted into the police the way Fed govt drafts repentant Boko boys into the army.
Re: Police Arrest 29 Suspected ESN Members In Their Camps, 3 Women Arrested by skybeauty(f): 7:42pm On Aug 08, 2021
Fake news. If there is any arrests, it is innocent civilians.

2 Likes

Re: Police Arrest 29 Suspected ESN Members In Their Camps, 3 Women Arrested by MrBanner(m): 7:42pm On Aug 08, 2021
Ithankulord:
Gooday to you all.

Please forgive me, if i can help myself i won't be begging. have been looking for help on nairaland.my name is cҽlésƭιṅe am native υgωυ-ҽɱҽ in αwɠụ local government in Enugu. Am 29 years. Have been sufferiñ tetr̃a-plèɠic injury of the spine since the past 1 3 years ɳσω.

Ever since then till now i have been indoor battling with loneliness and depression never existed my room or move out side the house.because our house is suituated on top of a Stony mountain with high long stone steps not wheelchair accessible.no way of interacting with my fellow villagers except those who visit sometimes.no electricity even network is not stable
Am only alive today because ɓყ Ꮐᝪᗞ mercy αղժ ɱყ ɱσƭɦҽɾ She look after me since i sustain the injury but life is now too very hard for us. My mother is aged, she is diabetics and my hands is partially affected due to the injury and i can no earn a living because of it. My family have tried so much on us and is just me and my mother that live here in the village with no one else here to help us. Am also having urinary tract infection problem due to my inability to be changing cαƭɦҽƭèɾ often and also because am unable to get good treaƭments and health care needs like suplementṣ, supρorzitry, drugs etc. We also finding it hard to feed. please am calling on well meaning Nigerians to pls have mercy and please helpus. Nothing is too small and any NGO that can accept my condition please. ժҽtails
.3 1.71 78 ,62 5 0
Nwankwo Celestine
First bank

One of the pics below is me and the parish priest of my town.when he visited me.the second is my unproperly treatd bed sore causing deep hoe in my buttocks.

Seun Mynd44 Lalasticlala Oam4j Mukina2 Justwise Rocktation
Re: Police Arrest 29 Suspected ESN Members In Their Camps, 3 Women Arrested by UCHIHAmask: 7:42pm On Aug 08, 2021
writetopoker:
Please let's see his ESN ID card or I don't believe it
they don't know!
Re: Police Arrest 29 Suspected ESN Members In Their Camps, 3 Women Arrested by Osanoghodua1: 7:43pm On Aug 08, 2021
Why not allow Biafra to go? Allow all region to go with an option of uniting again after 100yrs if we still want.

Re: Police Arrest 29 Suspected ESN Members In Their Camps, 3 Women Arrested by IPIGSRDOTARDS: 7:44pm On Aug 08, 2021
IPIG terrorist monkeys.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Police Arrest 29 Suspected ESN Members In Their Camps, 3 Women Arrested by ToastingAllowan: 7:46pm On Aug 08, 2021
Hope they aren't innocent men tho
Re: Police Arrest 29 Suspected ESN Members In Their Camps, 3 Women Arrested by Buckeyemedia1: 7:47pm On Aug 08, 2021
skybeauty:
Fake news. If there is any arrests, it is innocent civilians.
We command you, you must sit @ home, when they nab the Miscreants disturbing the peace, it is not us, we are innocent?
Re: Police Arrest 29 Suspected ESN Members In Their Camps, 3 Women Arrested by Gentlerespect76: 7:47pm On Aug 08, 2021
Your wickedness no be here. Pray life doesn't happen to you in this country; it use to choke well, well. What am I saying? Innocent until proven guilty. Go sit down for that corner.

Officialgarri:
Why can't they kill them immediately? They killed others too na

Soon, another set of people will come out to claim one of them as their pastor who was wrongly arrested by the police. Another will say he's her husband and cannot handle a gun.
I then begin to wonder, if all these arrested criminals are "innocent" even when caught red handed with ammunitions, can we say ESN are Ghosts with no origin?

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest 29 Suspected ESN Members In Their Camps, 3 Women Arrested by Mechejy: 7:48pm On Aug 08, 2021
My bible which is the word of an almighty God tells me that whoever supports evil, evil shall not depart from his/her house. Whoever see fulani terrorist by name herdsmen, iswap,isis and look the other way , evil shall not depart from the one’s house

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest 29 Suspected ESN Members In Their Camps, 3 Women Arrested by UCHIHAmask: 7:51pm On Aug 08, 2021
post=104571977:

Are you a comedian, cracking jokes in a bar for a living or what exactlyis the meaning of this

it's no joke!
the Eastern security network(ESN) is a group of volunteers armed with AK's etc,their members are trained,registered and have valid means of identification for shuffle and deployment to duty.....
or do you think they are a bunch of armed uncoordinated organization!
the nigerian police are just trying to show gallantry after facing so much ridicule..
evry tym dem catxh persin u go quick knw say na stage,frm local guns/double barrel to flag to weird stories no gun battle to military camouflage even wen ESN get uniform to news cartons of cartridges to no i.d or means of identification carried by esn even though say na deir camp u invade..
source--various IPOB official statement on it's handle and videos.
Re: Police Arrest 29 Suspected ESN Members In Their Camps, 3 Women Arrested by Jehovahnissi202: 7:53pm On Aug 08, 2021
This is genocide going on Igboland. Young innocent Ibo boys and girls are being massacres under secessionist pretence while Fulanis Boko Haram, killer herdsmen and bandits are being given ransome and amnesty, free AK 47 to kill innocent people from South and Benue on the order of Buhari, Garba Sheu and Presidency. Evil Abokis!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest 29 Suspected ESN Members In Their Camps, 3 Women Arrested by YouAreFinished: 7:54pm On Aug 08, 2021
Arkmanbuddy:
[s]IPOB and ESN are proscribed while Miyetti Allah and their herdsmen terrorists are roaming free in the woods.[/s]
There's no crime in being a Fulani who rears cows.
Re: Police Arrest 29 Suspected ESN Members In Their Camps, 3 Women Arrested by eplanning: 7:55pm On Aug 08, 2021
In their camps... grin
It's not the police and their propaganda machine or even the media I blame... It's the foolish readers who believe everything they find in the news. Mtcheew

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest 29 Suspected ESN Members In Their Camps, 3 Women Arrested by od501: 7:58pm On Aug 08, 2021
JEWELofHELL:
…3 women arrested for offering catering services

…Masked suspect vows to expose members of ESN in Orlu

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/08/sit-at-home-29-paraded-in-imo-allegedly-planning-attack

Police should stop this nonsense already!! For how long will they continue to arrested innocent people and displaying all sorts of weapons to authenticate their claim? We know how this works, things always brrn their old method from day one. They must stop already!!

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest 29 Suspected ESN Members In Their Camps, 3 Women Arrested by Evaloyal2J(f): 8:00pm On Aug 08, 2021
post=104573072:

All the evil people you mentioned in your comment and all their supporters will all die terrible, painful deaths.
As long as they don't want peace to reign in this nation. Their enablers, sponsors and online supporters will not see the end of this year.
Now say AMEN to this if you are not a hypo!
what nonsense! Please keep your meaningless curses to urself and your folks, I don't do that nonsense. Peoples mothers, fathers brothers and sisters are being greusomely murdered while the security look the other way. And all you evil supporters do is hide your face and show at any time your lopsided security errest agitators and start laying curses like life revolves around curses. You are a perfect definition of hypo

2 Likes

Re: Police Arrest 29 Suspected ESN Members In Their Camps, 3 Women Arrested by focus7: 8:00pm On Aug 08, 2021
Their people will tell us now that the police arrested innocent people. Everybody in arrested by the police in Igbo land is innocent.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest 29 Suspected ESN Members In Their Camps, 3 Women Arrested by UCHIHAmask: 8:01pm On Aug 08, 2021
NGpatriot:

Terrorists get identity cards?

These silly ipobian comedians sef.

grin
they are organised,trained and registered,they have a chain of command and are even deployed,they also have uniforms,it's mockery that makes people neglect facts..
do researxh
Re: Police Arrest 29 Suspected ESN Members In Their Camps, 3 Women Arrested by ablejesus26(m): 8:02pm On Aug 08, 2021
Now I understand perfectly why God made Uzodinma the Governor from nowhere.
Please ipob should carry their rubbish, baby Militants straight to Aso rock or Sambisa or dss headquarters �, leave Imo state,Imo is never known for all this your rubbish.

God bless anyone who sabotage what's left of ipob and their destructive agendas.
Re: Police Arrest 29 Suspected ESN Members In Their Camps, 3 Women Arrested by CoolAmbience(m): 8:05pm On Aug 08, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:
So when will they arrest and parades the killer Fulani terrorists

This government is a disgrace

E dey pain you say dem don decimate ESN?

The pain never start sef.

Yeye dey smell!
Re: Police Arrest 29 Suspected ESN Members In Their Camps, 3 Women Arrested by Abujason: 8:06pm On Aug 08, 2021
hammerDK:

BEFORE THIS YEAR END, WE WILL NO LONGER SEE THIS MONIKER (NGPATRIOT) ON NAIRALAND.

THE REST IS HISTORY.

Iseeeee!
Re: Police Arrest 29 Suspected ESN Members In Their Camps, 3 Women Arrested by ablejesus26(m): 8:06pm On Aug 08, 2021
UCHIHAmask:

[s]it's no joke!
the Eastern security network(ESN) is a group of volunteers armed with AK's etc,their members are trained,registered and have valid means of identification for shuffle and deployment to duty.....
or do you think they are a bunch of armed uncoordinated organization!
the nigerian police are just trying to show gallantry after facing so much ridicule..
evry tym dem catxh persin u go quick knw say na stage,frm local guns/double barrel to flag to weird stories no gun battle to military camouflage even wen ESN get uniform to news cartons of cartridges to no i.d or means of identification carried by esn even though say na deir camp u invade..
source--various IPOB official statement on it's handle and videos.[/s]

Trash.
Take your militant group that are being picked up like bunch of petty thieves away from Imo State and Igboland.
Igbo says no to senseless insurrection.
It's no secret how your leader planned to intimidate others with his ragtag militant sect,but God shamed him.
Re: Police Arrest 29 Suspected ESN Members In Their Camps, 3 Women Arrested by Darreytinho10(m): 8:07pm On Aug 08, 2021
Awon werey go and arrest Boko Harams and Bandits undecided
Re: Police Arrest 29 Suspected ESN Members In Their Camps, 3 Women Arrested by Nobody: 8:08pm On Aug 08, 2021
Officialgarri:

Of course ESN are Ghosts and cannot be arrested by the police. Anyone arrested even if caught shooting guns, is indeed an innocent person arrested unlawfully.

You are not making sense. This is not the first time that innocent people were arrested by the police and tagged ESN. i recall someone who came from Bonny for a burial was also arrested and paraded as an ESN member.

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest 29 Suspected ESN Members In Their Camps, 3 Women Arrested by od501: 8:08pm On Aug 08, 2021
Farid24224:

Toxic!!

They are terrorists... grin

Says an Almajiri with a borrowed Internet data. Keep doing mumu competition with your northern brothers, only god knows when all of you will get sense. Your backyard is on fire and you keep supporting the killing of innocent people in the name of looking for terrorists. You see this evil you wish for others, I promise it must reach your doorsteps. I promise you that.

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest 29 Suspected ESN Members In Their Camps, 3 Women Arrested by UCHIHAmask: 8:10pm On Aug 08, 2021
hammerDK:

BEFORE THIS YEAR END, WE WILL NO LONGER SEE THIS MONIKER (NGPATRIOT) ON NAIRALAND.

THE REST IS HISTORY.
hammerDK calm down!
you are Supposed to laugh off statements like this,why getting Riled up...
Re: Police Arrest 29 Suspected ESN Members In Their Camps, 3 Women Arrested by Abujason: 8:11pm On Aug 08, 2021
post=104571975:
Devil and Amadioha punish cownu and all his brainwashed swines, they will never escape the result of their evil crimes.

Cownu's end is nigh.
The mothers of all evil and wicked swines supporting him and cheering him on with al the vicious and merciless murders, will cry the same way our miracle nwobodo mother cried refusing to be consoled.
Painful deaths shall be all your portion in life, y'all cannot never escape the evil you have done, never!

Killing of innocent boys and girls in igboland on the command of the mental animal called Cownu, shekau and James Nwafor.
Painful ends await them all evil animals

Back to you a billion times you swine!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

2015 Presidential Elections: The Voice Of Man, Prophecies Or Guess Work / I Deserve Ministerial Nomination, Says Lai Mohammed / Igbos Will Suffer If They Eventually Get Biafra - Apc’s National Treasurer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.