Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,727 members, 7,824,061 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:36 PM

Makinde Tells Clerics To Join Politics If They Want Nigeria To Progress - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Makinde Tells Clerics To Join Politics If They Want Nigeria To Progress (10484 Views)

2023: Don’t Elect People Above 70 As President – Makinde Tells Nigerians / Arrest, Treat Sunday Igboho, Others Like Criminals, Makinde Tells Oyo CP / No Need For 2021 Prophecies, Shehu Sani Tells Clerics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Makinde Tells Clerics To Join Politics If They Want Nigeria To Progress by seunayantokun(m): 8:54am On Aug 09, 2021
Beancounter94:
Then they won't be neutral anymore

Clerics should not get involved in politics.

(Yes, black American clerics get involved in politics, but that's the result of circumstance....sometimes a black cleric was the most educated and the person with the widest reach....and even then....most of them even then don't.)

If human lives are all that matter to them irrespective of genders, religions, ethnicity, colours, etc, they are neutral.

All humans matter to God and He wants them to enjoy all their basic rights and privileges. However, those are saved through faith in Jesus Christ become a special species, anyone can join them- salvation is optional and personal - and anyone can decide to perish eternally. But I counsel those are yet to saved to embrace Christ today.

But for humanity's sake, it's no neutrality when you know good things to do but refuse to do them. When genocides become fruit of a political system and you are not involved for a good change, you're not neutral.... you're aiding and abetting evils. Are we not in a worse situation than the black Americans you referred to? Do you say our circumstance doesn't warrant more than theirs did? You're saying this because, perhaps, you think you are safe.
Re: Makinde Tells Clerics To Join Politics If They Want Nigeria To Progress by Ademoore07(m): 9:00am On Aug 09, 2021
gasparpisciotta:

Is Osinbajo a cleric?
So u don't know? It is finished.
Re: Makinde Tells Clerics To Join Politics If They Want Nigeria To Progress by dmbb: 9:02am On Aug 09, 2021
Apus:

Oga which Kain question be dis na?

By "Christian" I don't mean Nominal Christian but Practicing one.
Good God bless you we want good people from both religion to contest for political office in the country so that they will correct the wrong done in the past by the ungodly and wicket politicians

1 Like

Re: Makinde Tells Clerics To Join Politics If They Want Nigeria To Progress by Rolexjerry(m): 9:05am On Aug 09, 2021
gasparpisciotta:

Is Osinbajo a cleric?
No. He's an alfa.
Re: Makinde Tells Clerics To Join Politics If They Want Nigeria To Progress by Apus: 9:27am On Aug 09, 2021
dmbb:

Good God bless you we want good people from both religion to contest for political office in the country so that they will correct the wrong done in the past by the ungodly and wicket politicians

Amen and you too sir.
We're tired of just praying in our churches, while it seems those guys become even the more hardened. We need Godly men who are dauntless and can steer the affairs of this nation around for good.
Re: Makinde Tells Clerics To Join Politics If They Want Nigeria To Progress by TruthinAction: 9:38am On Aug 09, 2021
I will join soon. We don't even need to be told that. After all, Daniel was vice president in a foreign country in three successive government.
Re: Makinde Tells Clerics To Join Politics If They Want Nigeria To Progress by kareemkamil(m): 9:56am On Aug 09, 2021
What is this man saying, every human's calling's is vertu different.
Re: Makinde Tells Clerics To Join Politics If They Want Nigeria To Progress by thedio(m): 10:22am On Aug 09, 2021
seglabsy:
olodo
Bi awon beere re
Re: Makinde Tells Clerics To Join Politics If They Want Nigeria To Progress by Nobody: 10:29am On Aug 09, 2021
seunayantokun:

If human lives are all that matter to them irrespective of genders, religions, ethnicity, colours, etc, they are neutral.

All humans matter to God and He wants them to enjoy all their basic rights and privileges. However, those are saved through faith in Jesus Christ become a special species, anyone can join them- salvation is optional and personal - and anyone can decide to perish eternally. But I counsel those are yet to saved to embrace Christ today.

But for humanity's sake, it's no neutrality when you know good things to do but refuse to do them. When genocides become fruit of a political system and you are not involved for a good change, you're not neutral.... you're aiding and abetting evils. Are we not in a worse situation than the black Americans you referred to? Do you say our circumstance doesn't warrant more than theirs did? You're saying this because, perhaps, you think you are safe.

By neutral I don't mean that they should be quiet about injustice

Just that they should not take sides party wise.
Re: Makinde Tells Clerics To Join Politics If They Want Nigeria To Progress by Lordbravo11(m): 10:31am On Aug 09, 2021
Beancounter94:

Religion is best separated from Politics
Re: Makinde Tells Clerics To Join Politics If They Want Nigeria To Progress by Nobody: 10:33am On Aug 09, 2021
Lordbravo11:

Religion is best separated from Politics

In theory it is a great ideal.One that I like myself

In practice, it doesn't quite work out that way. Human beings don't live in a vacuum.

1 Like

Re: Makinde Tells Clerics To Join Politics If They Want Nigeria To Progress by sonsomegrigbo: 10:38am On Aug 09, 2021
Ajebaba:

And you cleverly left Apostle Sulaimon and Pastor Oyedepo out of your list...oh i forgot those are PDP pastors!!! Continue deceiving yourself

Bro na forgetation do me o cheesy

I'm not a fan of any political pastors in the country

1 Like

Re: Makinde Tells Clerics To Join Politics If They Want Nigeria To Progress by Tareq1105: 11:21am On Aug 09, 2021
Makinde is mad .

If we all join politics, what happens to the productive sectors of the economy?

Everybody is abandoning their profession for politics.

Senate is full of Industrialists. We invest more in politics than in industry and we want to reduce unemployment and grow the economy. How's that possible?

Shame on us.

1 Like

Re: Makinde Tells Clerics To Join Politics If They Want Nigeria To Progress by writeprof(m): 1:53pm On Aug 09, 2021
Apus:
I agree with him.

I don't know where Christians got the idea that they should not get involved in politics when in fact in proverbs 29:2 it says "When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice: but when the wicked beareth rule, the people mourn.'

I wonder too
Re: Makinde Tells Clerics To Join Politics If They Want Nigeria To Progress by seunayantokun(m): 2:19pm On Aug 09, 2021
Beancounter94:

If there are good and bad parties, their line of duty must include supporting, sponsoring, and voting for the good ones and their good candidates until evil is incapacitated. If there is none, as seen in our situation in Nigeria, they must encourage and sponsor formation of a good one, be involved unrelentlessly in ensuring good party representations in all aspects until justice, equality, equity, and peace prevail. That is an atmosphere that guarantees peace, prosperity, progress and development for everyone. Otherwise, all of us will continue to cry endlessly, because God will not do what he has programmed humanity to do. He has His own divine part to play, we have ours too. God doesn't do what He expects people to do.
Re: Makinde Tells Clerics To Join Politics If They Want Nigeria To Progress by Cromagnon: 7:49pm On Aug 09, 2021
sonsomegrigbo:
What are:

Pastor Osinbajo

Sheikh Gumi

Pastor Ize Iyamu

Pastor Adeboye

Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor

And others doing it underground...

BTW, even if all other imams and pastors join politics, will they allow them to use the laws of God to run the affairs of the country?
what are the laws of God?
Re: Makinde Tells Clerics To Join Politics If They Want Nigeria To Progress by Cromagnon: 7:51pm On Aug 09, 2021
Rolexjerry:

It's a lie bro. At least they'll have some conscience. Nigeria would have been in a better state if Osinbanjo was president.
what did he do when he was commissioner in Lagos?
Re: Makinde Tells Clerics To Join Politics If They Want Nigeria To Progress by Cromagnon: 7:54pm On Aug 09, 2021
kingawothefirst:
These miracle money pastors corrupt past politicians, what we need is highly educated and intelligent people in government, not land and money grabbers.
we already have highly educated and intelligent people in govt. And they are all money grabbers
Re: Makinde Tells Clerics To Join Politics If They Want Nigeria To Progress by Cromagnon: 7:57pm On Aug 09, 2021
dmbb:

Did you mean Hitler was a righteous because he was a Christian?
is christian by name or by deed? Hitler was no christian though I'm sure he thought he was
Re: Makinde Tells Clerics To Join Politics If They Want Nigeria To Progress by sonsomegrigbo: 8:19pm On Aug 09, 2021
Cromagnon:
what are the laws of God?

Where are you from?
Re: Makinde Tells Clerics To Join Politics If They Want Nigeria To Progress by Cromagnon: 9:46pm On Aug 09, 2021
sonsomegrigbo:

Where are you from?
aka you realise you're talking in the nonsense but want to prove stubborn hoping you won't be exposed

Oya I am from mars
Answer question
What are the laws of God?
Re: Makinde Tells Clerics To Join Politics If They Want Nigeria To Progress by sonsomegrigbo: 11:26pm On Aug 09, 2021
Cromagnon:
aka you realise you're talking in the nonsense but want to prove stubborn hoping you won't be exposed

Oya I am from mars
Answer question
What are the laws of God?

Sorry I don't traverse my prestigious zone. Meaning I don't argue with spirits especially the aliens
Re: Makinde Tells Clerics To Join Politics If They Want Nigeria To Progress by Nobody: 12:00am On Aug 10, 2021
Cromagnon:
we already have highly educated and intelligent people in govt. And they are all money grabbers

If they are money grabbers, then they are not intelligent.

Intelligent people plan for the future and consider future generations in their plans, they also understand that a democratic government is a government elected by the people for the people.

Money grabbers in government positions that don’t apply this in their policies, attitudes and decisions are not intelligent, they are what you call buffoons. We currently have a bunch of buffoons in agbada in office, don’t mistake that for intelligence.
Re: Makinde Tells Clerics To Join Politics If They Want Nigeria To Progress by Cromagnon: 6:58pm On Aug 10, 2021
kingawothefirst:

If they are money grabbers, then they are not intelligent.

Really
They achieved their aim didn't they?

Intelligent people plan for the future and consider future generations in their plans

They've planned for THEIR future and THEIR FUTURE GENERATIONS

, they also understand that a democratic government is a government elected by the people for the people.

They were elected by the ppl abi no election for your area?

Money grabbers in government positions that don’t apply this in their policies, attitudes and decisions are not intelligent, they are what you call buffoons.

The buffoons are living large o
You're on Nairaland
Check am

We currently have a bunch of buffoons in agbada in office, don’t mistake that for intelligence.
define intelligence
Let's start there
Re: Makinde Tells Clerics To Join Politics If They Want Nigeria To Progress by Nobody: 9:23pm On Aug 10, 2021
Cromagnon:

Really
They achieved their aim didn't they?

They've planned for THEIR future and THEIR FUTURE GENERATIONS

They were elected by the ppl abi no election for your area?

The buffoons are living large o
You're on Nairaland
Check am

define intelligence
Let's start there

Argue with yourself about semantics. You know exactly what I mean. We need intelligent people in government who are elected to move the country forward. Any elected public official who works solely on self interest instead of the interest of the people is not intelligent but a BUFFOON! or better yet a BABOON in agbada. Hope that clarifies things more for you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Osogbo Freedom Park Re-named Nelson Mandela Park: Aregbesola / Comandclem To Liquidate Mobil Oil / FG Approves N470.5bn For 17 Roads, Bridges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.