Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,801 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:20 AM

An Honest Liar: The Amazing Randi - Expose Of Frauds - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / An Honest Liar: The Amazing Randi - Expose Of Frauds (4518 Views)

Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, It Is Not Nimrod We Celebrate On Christmas Day / Daddy Freeze Is A Liar, Tithing Is Very Scriptural And Was Approved By Jesus / Must Read: The Faith Healers- James Randi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Honest Liar: The Amazing Randi - Expose Of Frauds by HardMirror(m): 10:48pm On Aug 08, 2021
IF ONLY, JUST IF ONLY YOU GUYS WOULD PLEASE WATCH AND LEARN SOMETHING AT LEAST ONCE IN YOUR LIVES I AM BEGGING YOU ALL.

Why is this video and Randi so so important?

1. James Randi is perhaps one of the most prominent magicians in history. people had always wondered if magic was real, something supernatural. James Randi dedicated his life to teaching us that magic, the supernatural does not exist and to prove it he created the RANDI Challenge where he challenge ANYONE that thinks he has any paranormal ability of ABSOLUTELY ANY KIND to come to the show and prove that he or she has any paranormal ability and he would pay that person $1,000,000 (One Million Dollars) and since 1998 no one, NOBODY has been able to win this money, despite thousands of people taking the challenge and claiming just the way you would also come here and claim the supernatural is real.

2. do you really want the truth or you want to continue to live in fantasies. i am a living proof too, all these so called claims of Juju, witches, people who have powers etc are all lies. such people do not exist. it is funny some people still think there are real magicians that have real powers despite many videos being available online that would teach you how these incredible magic tricks are done. they are just tricks.

i just hope somebody would actually take time to watch, listen and learn.

it is so painful to see people deeply deceived that there is a spiritual force that affects the physical and yet once closely investigated we always find that they are just lies.

This documentary cuts across board, it would help you rethink a lot of the so called super natural you so much believe in. I know some people would argue that there are still real powers in blah blah place. see i have challenged so many people offline with such claims and at the end they always just waste my time, the problem is you really want to believe and you fall for the lies, if you start thinking critically and questioning, you just need to use your brain, you would see that these lies are not holding up. there are no proves, they are just stories and assumptions.

An Honest Liar documents the life of former magician, escape artist, and skeptical educator James Randi, in particular the investigations through which Randi publicly exposed psychics, faith healers, and con-artists.

please watch patiently and leave your review after.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-_XQJ5-pKQ

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: An Honest Liar: The Amazing Randi - Expose Of Frauds by HardMirror(m): 11:39pm On Aug 08, 2021
to everyone who used to be a believer and now skeptics, i celebrate you guys. people do not know the amount of courage and strength it takes to admit one is wrong, one has been deceived.
i sincerely celebrate you guys, seun, lordreed, Johnnydon, hopefullandlord, hahn and many others i cannot mention right now. you guys have been patient, resilient even in the face of senseless arguments, you keep trying to let people know they are being deceived. sometimes i have to employ very aggressive mean topics to catch the attention of readers, because they are not listening, they are not trying to learn. they are not thinking.
James Randi could have exploited people, he was telling them the truth, trying to set them free, but they instead turned him to their enemy. same thing happening here. we are seen as the enemy. we must keep trying our best to let people realize the supernatural has no sufficient proof. every claim of miracles has and can be explained, if only people would listen and not see it as an attack against their religion.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Honest Liar: The Amazing Randi - Expose Of Frauds by budaatum: 11:50pm On Aug 08, 2021
We been doing [url=https://www.nairaland.com/search/james%20randi/0/0/0/14]James Randi since 2006[/url]. Those who will believe will always be here while the eyes of many have opened.

1 Like

Re: An Honest Liar: The Amazing Randi - Expose Of Frauds by HardMirror(m): 12:00am On Aug 09, 2021
budaatum:
We been doing [url=https://www.nairaland.com/search/james%20randi/0/0/0/14]James Randi since 2006[/url]. Those who will believe will always be here while the eyes of many have opened.
of cause, but i choose to revisit the topic of James work. thanks for passing by, let others who dont know him watch. good day

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Honest Liar: The Amazing Randi - Expose Of Frauds by budaatum: 12:05am On Aug 09, 2021
HardMirror:
of cause, but i choose to revisit the topic of James work. thanks for passing by, let others who dont know him watch. good day

I'm not passing by for you, Hard, so I don't see why you feel the need to thank me. James Randi is obviously a person one must know about so my appreciation for reposting it as it ought to be every once in a while so people's eye's open.

I can't wait myself till we start opening eyes in schools by teaching people to use them. Pity believers are in charge for now, but it will change someday, I hope.

P.s. Don't forget to inform people that Eve was a skeptic. It might teach people to emulate her.
Re: An Honest Liar: The Amazing Randi - Expose Of Frauds by Dtruthspeaker: 4:40am On Aug 09, 2021
HardMirror:

1. . James Randi dedicated his life to teaching us that magic, the supernatural does not exist and to prove it he created the RANDI Challenge where he challenge ANYONE that thinks he has any paranormal ability of ABSOLUTELY ANY KIND to come to the show and prove that he or she has any paranormal ability and he would pay that person $1,000,000 (One Million Dollars) and since 1998 no one, NOBODY has been able to win this money, despite thousands of people taking the challenge and claiming just the way you would also come here and claim the supernatural is real.

It just proves the Truth of God's Word where He Declared that "man was made for the earth".

So man easily and readily has power only on earth, but the power beyond the earth is not his to exercise at his will and discretion.

It's as simple as that!
Re: An Honest Liar: The Amazing Randi - Expose Of Frauds by Dtruthspeaker: 4:46am On Aug 09, 2021
HardMirror:
to everyone who used to be a believer and now skeptics, i celebrate you guys. people do not know the amount of courage and strength it takes to admit one is wrong, one has been deceived.
i sincerely celebrate you guys, seun, lordreed, Johnnydon, hopefullandlord, hahn and many others i cannot mention right now. you guys have been patient, resilient even in the face of senseless arguments, you keep trying to let people know they are being deceived. sometimes i have to employ very aggressive mean topics to catch the attention of readers, because they are not listening, they are not trying to learn. they are not thinking.
James Randi could have exploited people, he was telling them the truth, trying to set them free, but they instead turned him to their enemy. same thing happening here. we are seen as the enemy. we must keep trying our best to let people realize the supernatural has no sufficient prove. every claim of miracles has and can be explained, if only people would listen and not see it as an attack against their religion.

The highlight! Last year or so, you Fools said "No Proof". grin

This year, it is "insufficient proof". grin

Maybe next year, your proof will be full and sufficient. grin
Re: An Honest Liar: The Amazing Randi - Expose Of Frauds by Image123(m): 8:25am On Aug 09, 2021
HardMirror:
James Randi could have exploited people, he was telling them the truth, trying to set them free, but they instead turned him to their enemy. same thing happening here. we are seen as the enemy. we must keep trying our best to let people realize the supernatural has no sufficient proof. every claim of miracles has and can be explained, if only people would listen and not see it as an attack against their religion.

Lol, comedians. The boys with an experience are not at the mercy of dead people's arguments. Thank You Jesus.
Re: An Honest Liar: The Amazing Randi - Expose Of Frauds by Image123(m): 8:32am On Aug 09, 2021
HardMirror:
IF ONLY, JUST IF ONLY YOU GUYS WOULD PLEASE WATCH AND LEARN SOMETHING AT LEAST ONCE IN YOUR LIVES I AM BEGGING YOU ALL.

Jokers. Like buda said, randi is not a new thing, seems you just discovered this new lollipop. So you really expect a person with a living experience with the living God, who has been teaching and warning many about psychics, faith healers and magicians to disbelieve the living God because Randi is "saying" what we have been saying for decades? O wrong now. Very wrong.
Re: An Honest Liar: The Amazing Randi - Expose Of Frauds by LordReed(m): 9:56am On Aug 09, 2021
HardMirror:

I also salute your courage, not many people can come out in the open to admit their errors and seek resolution. Also your story about your religious past was very enlightening, I am not sure I could bring myself to tell mine because I am still kicking myself for being so foolish for so long. While I don't particularly care if any of the religious people on NL change their minds I do care that they take time to scrutinize the information they care to share publicly, don't come on here and sprout nonsense and use your religious garb to dress it up.

Meanwhile, keep it up.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Honest Liar: The Amazing Randi - Expose Of Frauds by 1Sharon(f): 1:34pm On Aug 09, 2021
* Added to watch later

Darren Brown is another guy to watch

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Honest Liar: The Amazing Randi - Expose Of Frauds by budaatum: 3:50pm On Aug 09, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

It just proves the Truth of God's Word where He Declared that "man was made for the earth".

Mind sharing chapter and verse please?
Re: An Honest Liar: The Amazing Randi - Expose Of Frauds by budaatum: 4:00pm On Aug 09, 2021
LordReed:

I also salute your courage, not many people can come out in the open to admit their errors and seek resolution. Also your story about your religious past was very enlightening, I am not sure I could bring myself to tell mine because I am still kicking myself for being so foolish for so long. While I don't particularly care if any of the religious people on NL change their minds I do care that they take time to scrutinize the information they care to share publicly, don't come on here and sprout nonsense and use your religious garb to dress it up.

Meanwhile, keep it up.

I unfortunately have not read Hardmirror's road to his Damascus experience, my Lord. It probably explains his bitterness - the fact that he had so gullibly believed, it seems.

What's unfortunate is how he's now swung to the other extreme and does not realise that he still believes, which is why he's become my new candidate for mud and the Pool of Siloam.

Hopefully, he too would see tokes in his dream.
Re: An Honest Liar: The Amazing Randi - Expose Of Frauds by Dtruthspeaker: 4:46pm On Aug 09, 2021
budaatum:

Mind sharing chapter and verse please?

Psalm 115:16
"The heaven, even the heavens, are the LORD'S: but the earth hath he given to the children of men."

2 Likes

Re: An Honest Liar: The Amazing Randi - Expose Of Frauds by Dtruthspeaker: 4:56pm On Aug 09, 2021
LordReed:

Meanwhile, keep it up.

This is one of the products which comes out from going to "bad schools" churches and having evil teachers teaching you about He Who is Good.

Surely, you guys must be bad and evil products.

Unfortunately, you will still run into the waiting arms of another evil teacher, If God does not run an intervention.
Re: An Honest Liar: The Amazing Randi - Expose Of Frauds by budaatum: 5:18pm On Aug 09, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Psalm 115:16
"The heaven, even the heavens, are the LORD'S: but the earth hath he given to the children of men."

Dt! Does that not mean the earth was made for man, as opposed to your "man was made for the earth"?

Compare it with “The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath", and you just might get it.

Also note that you can't exactly be made for that which [url=https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis+1%3A29-30&version=KJV]you are supposed to rule over[/url], as that which you rule over can, or at least, should not be your master.
Re: An Honest Liar: The Amazing Randi - Expose Of Frauds by Dtruthspeaker: 5:52pm On Aug 09, 2021
budaatum:

Dt! Does that not mean the earth was made for man, as opposed to your "man was made for the earth"?

There is no difference, for the interpretation is still the same whether the man was given the earth or the earth was given to the man.

The constant remains that man and earth are joined together and would work together, which is my point.
Re: An Honest Liar: The Amazing Randi - Expose Of Frauds by budaatum: 5:57pm On Aug 09, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

There is no difference, for the interpretation is still the same whether the man was given the earth or the earth was given to the man.

The constant remains that man and earth are joined together and would work together, which is my point.

I guess I expected a truthspeaker to speak that which is true, and not make up falsehoods or not admit errors.

My bad.
Re: An Honest Liar: The Amazing Randi - Expose Of Frauds by LordReed(m): 6:00pm On Aug 09, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

This is one of the products which comes out from going to "bad schools" churches and having evil teachers teaching you about He Who is Good.

Surely, you guys must be bad and evil products.

Unfortunately, you will still run into the waiting arms of another evil teacher, If God does not run an intervention.

Yeah keep your killer god not interested.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Honest Liar: The Amazing Randi - Expose Of Frauds by LordReed(m): 6:03pm On Aug 09, 2021
budaatum:

I unfortunately have not read Hardmirror's road to his Damascus experience, my Lord. It probably explains his bitterness - the fact that he had so gullibly believed, it seems.

What's unfortunate is how he's now swung to the other extreme and does not realise that he still believes, which is why he's become my new candidate for mud and the Pool of Siloam.

Hopefully, he too would see tokes in his dream.

May we all receive the Jesus Tokes™.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: An Honest Liar: The Amazing Randi - Expose Of Frauds by budaatum: 6:07pm On Aug 09, 2021
LordReed:

May we all receive the Jesus Tokes™.

And may we be smart enough to accept it when offered.

I swear, we should start teaching Christ the Lord of atheism! Hardmirror can then understand how much he is appreciated.
Re: An Honest Liar: The Amazing Randi - Expose Of Frauds by budaatum: 6:08pm On Aug 09, 2021
LordReed:

His god the god of Adam, lol, and not the God of Eve.
Re: An Honest Liar: The Amazing Randi - Expose Of Frauds by Dtruthspeaker: 9:37pm On Aug 09, 2021
LordReed:

grin I never ever forget that you are already marked for final destruction in the fire as you already know, so as a dead tree, there is no thing to harvest, save to put it in the fire!grin

1 Like

Re: An Honest Liar: The Amazing Randi - Expose Of Frauds by Workch: 9:46pm On Aug 09, 2021
Image123:

Jokers. Like buda said, randi is not a new thing, seems you just discovered this new lollipop. So you really expect a person with a living experience with the living God, who has been teaching and warning many about psychics, faith healers and magicians to disbelieve the living God because Randi is "saying" what we have been saying for decades? O wrong now. Very wrong.
You could be rich now but you can’t prove imaginary friends cheesy

2 Likes

Re: An Honest Liar: The Amazing Randi - Expose Of Frauds by Image123(m): 9:56pm On Aug 09, 2021
Workch:
You could be rich now but you can’t prove imaginary friends cheesy

Comedian, if you were ever a real christian, you'll know that God is not sold for money. In the voice of Peter, " your money perish with you". When they say that you were never a christian or that you're a wannabe atheist now, you will start gnashing teeth.

1 Like

Re: An Honest Liar: The Amazing Randi - Expose Of Frauds by Image123(m): 10:14pm On Aug 09, 2021
HardMirror:

Why is this video and Randi so so important?

1. James Randi is perhaps one of the most prominent magicians in history. people had always wondered if magic was real, something supernatural. James Randi dedicated his life to teaching us that magic, the supernatural does not exist and to prove it he created the RANDI Challenge where he challenge ANYONE that thinks he has any paranormal ability of ABSOLUTELY ANY KIND to come to the show and prove that he or she has any paranormal ability and he would pay that person $1,000,000 (One Million Dollars) and since 1998 no one, NOBODY has been able to win this money, despite thousands of people taking the challenge and claiming just the way you would also come here and claim the supernatural is real.

i find it amusing that you have forgotten that when you were a christian, you must have warned people about psychics, magicians and faith healers. The devourer devoured that part of your brain? Do i need to quote a couple of scriptures that warn us of such people? How do you assume that a deceiver(Randi) telling us what we already know, will suddenly make us like you? Magic is not miracle, no normal christian thinks they are same.
BTW, 2 things about why you may be wondering about the $1million challenge, one not everyone is aware, just like it seems you found out recently, many don't have the faintest idea, not to talk of try. Secondly, a genuine MOG is not a show man or motivated by such call. Come and perform miracle for money is not exactly a holy or scriptural thing to do.

2. do you really want the truth or you want to continue to live in fantasies. i am a living proof too, all these so called claims of Juju, witches, people who have powers etc are all lies. such people do not exist. it is funny some people still think there are real magicians that have real powers despite many videos being available online that would teach you how these incredible magic tricks are done. they are just tricks.

i just hope somebody would actually take time to watch, listen and learn.

Like i have stated, there is nothing new to learn from the video. Many genuine christians know the scam of false prophets, motivational talkers, mentalists etc.

it is so painful to see people deeply deceived that there is a spiritual force that affects the physical and yet once closely investigated we always find that they are just lies.

You've not been close enough. There are genuine miracles and several testifiers of the miracle powers both from genuine and fake. If you watched the end of your film, most of the characters unfortunately continue in their craft. That's the problem, the fake will continue despite it all, because your daddy the devil wants it so. If they didn't continue, how will people be deceived and confused like you?

That reminds me, talking about genuine, i mentioned a couple to you recently instead of the one(s) you are busy listening to to confirm your deception. i've been recently 'following' my dear pastor Kumuyi and see what he's doing(or rather what God is doing) on the social media. Heard he's having a monthly crusade. You may link up and watch this same AUGUST month instead of the waste of time you begged us to watch here. If you have money and time, go there live. He's inside Nigeria with you, and i am sure you wouldn't get much drama or restraint there. i'll make sure to remind you by God's grace. Otherwise, wait for others like Shiloh, Holy Ghost Congress and co at the end of the year. Stop watching from afar on your armchair/bed. Go to the camps and look for miracle there. Go and meet testifiers, follow them home, do videos and interviews, do investigative work like what your hero did. Bust real, not just make noise on NL.

This documentary cuts across board, it would help you rethink a lot of the so called super natural you so much believe in. I know some people would argue that there are still real powers in blah blah place. see i have challenged so many people offline with such claims and at the end they always just waste my time, the problem is you really want to believe and you fall for the lies, if you start thinking critically and questioning, you just need to use your brain, you would see that these lies are not holding up. there are no proves, they are just stories and assumptions.

An Honest Liar documents the life of former magician, escape artist, and skeptical educator James Randi, in particular the investigations through which Randi publicly exposed psychics, faith healers, and con-artists.

please watch patiently and leave your review after.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-_XQJ5-pKQ

How do you leave out the fact that your Randi hero was himself thoroughly deceived for 25years by his gay boyfriend/husband/wife? This gay Jose deceiver was himself deceived by someone else that helped him make a fake passport. Facepalm all over. All the so called experts at knowing deceptions are themselves been openly deceived but they cannot think enough to see it. Abegi, go sit down. The name of the film should be deceiver being deceived while exposing fellow deceivers. Homosexual people who do not know what they are doing or where they are going want to tell us what to do. In the words of Victorinho "SPITS".

2 Likes

Re: An Honest Liar: The Amazing Randi - Expose Of Frauds by Workch: 10:22pm On Aug 09, 2021
Image123:

Comedian, if you were ever a real christian, you'll know that God is not sold for money. In the voice of Peter, " your money perish with you". When they say that you were never a christian or that you're a wannabe atheist now, you will start gnashing teeth.
”God is not sold for money” grin

Are pastorpreneurs joke to you?
Re: An Honest Liar: The Amazing Randi - Expose Of Frauds by Image123(m): 10:25pm On Aug 09, 2021
Workch:
”God is not sold for money” grin

Are pastorpreneurs joke to you?

Speak english, i do not understand assumptions neither do i read minds.

1 Like

Re: An Honest Liar: The Amazing Randi - Expose Of Frauds by Workch: 10:29pm On Aug 09, 2021
Image123:

Speak english, i do not understand assumptions neither do i read minds.
Go and prove your imaginary friends exist and win money. At least you will stop arguing with me on nairaland grin

You might even end up converting all atheists here

1 Like

Re: An Honest Liar: The Amazing Randi - Expose Of Frauds by LordReed(m): 10:30pm On Aug 09, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

grin I never ever forget that you are already marked for final destruction in the fire as you already know, so as a dead tree, there is no thing to harvest, save to put it in the fire!grin

Valar Morghulis.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Honest Liar: The Amazing Randi - Expose Of Frauds by Image123(m): 10:36pm On Aug 09, 2021
Workch:
Go and prove your imaginary friends exist and win money. At least you will stop arguing with me in nairaland grin

You are not deaf or blind, i mentioned to you several times that i do not need to prove God to you or anyone. People are not on NL because they don't have money, your mindset is really warped. Do you see why i said you have a very low quality education, you have gone to school but evidently school did not go through you.

2 Likes

Re: An Honest Liar: The Amazing Randi - Expose Of Frauds by Image123(m): 10:38pm On Aug 09, 2021
LordReed:

Valar Morghulis.

Except for Enoch and Elijah and of cause those who are alive at the rapture.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Classic Words From Pastor Chris Oyakhilome That Will Change You Forever / Religion Must Be Banned! / Satan Vs God, Who Killed More In The Bible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.