Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,110 members, 7,811,124 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:46 AM

Any Advantage Of Netflix Over Dstv? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Any Advantage Of Netflix Over Dstv? (3874 Views)

Fraud Alert: I Think MTN Is Talking Advantage Of Her Customers (See Why) / Is There Any Advantage In Updating Android Device? / Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Any Advantage Of Netflix Over Dstv? by Nobody: 7:27am On Aug 09, 2021
Please

1 Like

Re: Any Advantage Of Netflix Over Dstv? by Nobody: 6:39pm On Aug 09, 2021
Hi
Re: Any Advantage Of Netflix Over Dstv? by Simeony007(m): 7:23pm On Aug 09, 2021
You can choose not to rewatch movies
You choose when to watch your movies
You control the episodes you want
You don't have to wait for next week to watch the new series
You can share up to 4 views
Watch anywhere
Choose your Language (Switch from Mexican to English language)
Choose your subtitle languages
Change your font size
Resume movies anytime
4 people can contribute to own an account
Etc

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Any Advantage Of Netflix Over Dstv? by FarinJini: 8:16pm On Aug 09, 2021
Simeony007:
Watch anywhere
Change your font size
Resume movies anytime
Etc
How bout cost?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Any Advantage Of Netflix Over Dstv? by lyriclekidd(m): 9:04pm On Aug 09, 2021
both nonsense, but I'd prefer YouTube �

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Any Advantage Of Netflix Over Dstv? by cassidy1996(m): 9:52pm On Aug 09, 2021
both of them nor join.
just give me data, and i will download any movie i want to watch

7 Likes

Re: Any Advantage Of Netflix Over Dstv? by bennyrazz: 10:57pm On Aug 09, 2021
After paying roughly almost 4-5k for netflix, you still have to buy data of almost the same amount to watch movies. The best thing you can do is, sub DSTV, download movies you wana watch online.

7 Likes

Re: Any Advantage Of Netflix Over Dstv? by seanwilliam(m): 11:22pm On Aug 09, 2021
cassidy1996:
both of them nor join.
just give me data, and i will download any movie i want to watch
. Bro can u paste me link to download jumong please

2 Likes

Re: Any Advantage Of Netflix Over Dstv? by ruggedtimi(m): 4:35am On Aug 10, 2021
No know why Nigerians dey patronize Netflix...after u subscribe you go still buy big data just to watch a movie wey go likely dey buffer during streaming.

For me the only advantage using Netflix , there are variety of movies on the platform and some of these movies can't be downloaded via a regular site. But if you check these movies are mostly non Hollywood movies, 95% of Hollywood movies on Netflix can be downloaded via movie sites.

DStv is better because you don't have to pay for data and no buffering while streaming. But you get to watch limited amount of movies and you have to wait for atleast 1year before you can watch a trending movie.
Re: Any Advantage Of Netflix Over Dstv? by samsard(m): 6:08am On Aug 10, 2021
If you have money, paying for both wouldn't be an issue.
For those complaining of buying data after paying for the service, it's not Netflix's fault that most Nigerians cannot afford unlimited data like fibre.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Any Advantage Of Netflix Over Dstv? by Youngpo413: 6:17am On Aug 10, 2021
seanwilliam:
those korean movies dey hard to download....no working links at all.
Re: Any Advantage Of Netflix Over Dstv? by aorseer: 7:14am On Aug 10, 2021
seanwilliam:
Google search "index of jumong 480p" and download from the various options cheers
Re: Any Advantage Of Netflix Over Dstv? by crackhouse(m): 7:16am On Aug 10, 2021
FarinJini:
How bout cost?
Netflix is 1200 for mobile device only and 2700 for both mobile and TV while gotv jolli is 2460 so what's the difference? I prefer Netflix. In Netflix u can watch better and recent movies but gotv will mostly show u annoying and old movies.

1 Like

Re: Any Advantage Of Netflix Over Dstv? by swarley75(m): 7:28am On Aug 10, 2021
crackhouse:
Netflix is 1200 for mobile device only and 2700 for both mobile and TV while gotv jolli is 2460 so what's the difference? I prefer Netflix. In Netflix u can watch better and recent movies but gotv will mostly show u annoying and old movies.
And you will use free data to stream the Netflix movie abi?
Re: Any Advantage Of Netflix Over Dstv? by Simeony007(m): 7:33am On Aug 10, 2021
FarinJini:
How bout cost?
That's the disadvantage
Re: Any Advantage Of Netflix Over Dstv? by Simeony007(m): 7:35am On Aug 10, 2021
crackhouse:
If you calculate the price for data then you will see that dstv is more friendly.
Re: Any Advantage Of Netflix Over Dstv? by Nobody: 7:37am On Aug 10, 2021
Simeony007:
Watch anywhere
Change your font size
Resume movies anytime
4 people can contribute to own an account
Etc

Wat do you mean by share 4 views?
Re: Any Advantage Of Netflix Over Dstv? by nani667: 7:53am On Aug 10, 2021
swarley75:
And you will use free data to stream the Netflix movie abi?

All the content on Netflix can be downloaded to watch at a later time... I don't stream on Netflix, I always download to watch later, after watching I delete...

They also have different qualities for downloading, if data na your problem then there is always the option of selecting the Pako quality to download...

Netflix is great, people saying otherwise have not used it... I used to think the same, until someone gave me free login details and I started exploring.... Netflix is good ✅
Re: Any Advantage Of Netflix Over Dstv? by Simeony007(m): 8:45am On Aug 10, 2021
LagosInter:

Wat do you mean by share 4 views?
Allows up to 4 users
Re: Any Advantage Of Netflix Over Dstv? by Juwonrugged(m): 8:54am On Aug 10, 2021
Hacked Netflix mobile app is available for sale. You can watch BBNaija and lots more films on it. No logins needed
Re: Any Advantage Of Netflix Over Dstv? by Nobody: 9:02am On Aug 10, 2021
Simeony007:

Allows up to 4 users
In the same house? Or four users at different locations pls?
Re: Any Advantage Of Netflix Over Dstv? by olexjay(m): 9:12am On Aug 10, 2021
LagosInter:

the four users can be at any world-wide location and access it in as much they've the login details
Re: Any Advantage Of Netflix Over Dstv? by Nobody: 9:41am On Aug 10, 2021
olexjay:
the four users can be at any world-wide location and access it in as much they've the login details

You seem to really know much about this netflix o

But generally, do you think it's better than dstv?

I learnt from netflix that 1 hour streaming could cost between 1gb and 3gb data.
Re: Any Advantage Of Netflix Over Dstv? by Nobody: 9:42am On Aug 10, 2021
Juwonrugged:
Hacked Netflix mobile app is available for sale. You can watch BBNaija and lots more films on it. No logins needed

How is it sold?
Re: Any Advantage Of Netflix Over Dstv? by Juwonrugged(m): 9:53am On Aug 10, 2021
You can message on WhatsApp 08038184211,or @lowcost_tv
LagosInter:

How is it sold?
Re: Any Advantage Of Netflix Over Dstv? by FEGEITOK: 10:14am On Aug 10, 2021
Watch what you want from Netflix Library when you want
I think you have access to the whole Netflix library

You don't have access to the whole DSTV library unless you spend over 18,000 Naira

Most of the channels your babe will like will be on the DSTV plan for 8,000+

Even if you subscribe to the 1,200 or 2,700 I am sure you will find movies she will like

The only issue you may complain about is data, but compare the cost of data and viewing in the comfort of your home versus Bolt/Uber to the cinema and popcorn and soft drink and I think the cost of the data pales into insignificance

Better still get both DSTV and Netflix
Re: Any Advantage Of Netflix Over Dstv? by Nobody: 12:46pm On Aug 10, 2021
olexjay:

Does Netflix have big brother naija?

Sports?
Re: Any Advantage Of Netflix Over Dstv? by cassidy1996(m): 1:01pm On Aug 10, 2021
Re: Any Advantage Of Netflix Over Dstv? by seanwilliam(m): 1:17pm On Aug 10, 2021
aorseer:

Google search "index of jumong 480p" and download from the various options cheers
thanks bro .

I one start the movie from season 4..
I don Dey find am tipetipe
Re: Any Advantage Of Netflix Over Dstv? by seanwilliam(m): 1:18pm On Aug 10, 2021
cassidy1996:
https/wwwseriezloaded.com/movie-jumong-season-1-episode-1-81-korean-drama-mp4-download/
I can only see season 1 bro ..

I don watch 1,2,3.

I want to start from season 4
Re: Any Advantage Of Netflix Over Dstv? by Simeony007(m): 4:47pm On Aug 10, 2021
LagosInter:

It doesn't matter where you are as long as you have the user name and password and it's not more than 4 users you can always access it anywhere
Re: Any Advantage Of Netflix Over Dstv? by Bossman(m): 7:00pm On Aug 10, 2021
It depends on the plan though. The a bit more expensive premium plan ($15.99) allows four streams simultaneously. The standard plan that allows two streams is $12.99. There is also the cheaper single stream plan at $8.99

olexjay:

(1) (2) (Reply)

Multilinks 200naira Browsing Per Day: / Help Needed -receives Warning When Accessing Nairaland And Other App On My Phone / Glo 1GB Night Plan Data For As Low As N200

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.