Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,765 members, 7,817,109 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:04 AM

This Is Obigbo - Igbo History Pics - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / This Is Obigbo - Igbo History Pics (2557 Views)

It Is Obigbo Not Oyigbo / Is Obigbo turning Into Another Jos / Igbo History. A Lot Of Eye Opening Documented History (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Is Obigbo - Igbo History Pics by EmmaJnr1: 9:35am On Aug 09, 2021
Igbo History
THIS IS OBIGBO!
For 1,000s of years Obigbo was part of present day, Abia state, south of Imo river.
In 1976, as part Civil War settlement to Eastern Nigerian in the Island, Obigbo was expunged from IMO state (IMO & Abia) and added to Present Rivers state.

Obigbo was renamed to Oyibo by Justice Mamman Nadir led Fed boundary adjustment commission to cancel their actions.
THIS IS ONE OF THE REASONS THEY DON’T TEACH NIGERIAN HISTORY. -
Chidi Cali

3 Likes

Re: This Is Obigbo - Igbo History Pics by ygowon: 9:45am On Aug 09, 2021
E don tey wey dem dey try to cut the wings of the Igbos. Igbos are the most feared in Nigeria.

14 Likes

Re: This Is Obigbo - Igbo History Pics by SlayerForever: 10:00am On Aug 09, 2021
Decades later the plan is still not working. Igbo esika! Igbo is too strong.

11 Likes

Re: This Is Obigbo - Igbo History Pics by PROUDIGBO(m): 10:09am On Aug 09, 2021
Later now some bastard bigots will be saying Igbos have nothing to complain about....that Nigeria hasn't tried to emasculate and cheat us in any way!

I guess the Ogoni thought since they joined the Fulani to frustrate the secession bid, that they deserve a portion of Igboland as war booty.....and their Fulani masters obliged them! Their leaders like Saro-Wiwa were also involeved in scrambling for Igbo properties in Port Harcourt in the name of 'abandoned property'!

Look at Ogoni today! Greedy, dumb fools....teaming up with outsiders to fight your neighbour!

6 Likes

Re: This Is Obigbo - Igbo History Pics by gidgiddy: 10:26am On Aug 09, 2021
They should have never taken Obigbo out of Imo State and put it in Rivers State

4 Likes

Re: This Is Obigbo - Igbo History Pics by Guide777(m): 10:48am On Aug 09, 2021
No matter what they do, Igbo ga adi nu.

4 Likes

Re: This Is Obigbo - Igbo History Pics by DOTian: 10:59am On Aug 09, 2021
And some inebriated socalled igbos will come here to tell you that igbos should accept Biafra of just 5 Eastern States. You can imagine how empty, naive and daft these people are..

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Obigbo - Igbo History Pics by EmmaJnr1: 5:41pm On Aug 09, 2021
DOTian:
And some inebriated socalled igbos will come here to tell you that igbos should accept Biafra of just 5 Eastern States. You can imagine how empty, naive and daft these people are..
Don't mind them. Delta is 75% Igbo, Rivers is 80 Igbo and Bayelsa is 60% Igbo. This is an opportunity for all igbos in the south south to prove their biafran identity by sitting at home, starting from Anioma and Aniocha in delta and down to Ikwere in Rivers, including those in Benue, Also Akwa ibom and Cross river should join in the sit at home. Biafra is not just an Igbo thing,

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Obigbo - Igbo History Pics by theFilmtric: 5:47pm On Aug 09, 2021
EmmaJnr1:
Don't mind them. Delta is 75% Igbo, Rivers is 80 Igbo and Bayelsa is 60% Igbo. This is an opportunity for all igbos in the south south to prove their biafran identity by sitting at home, starting from Anioma and Aniocha in delta and down to Ikwere in Rivers, including those in Benue, Also Akwa ibom and Cross river should join in the sit at home. Biafra is not just an Igbo thing,
Nigeria is 97% Igbo
Africa is 89.5% Igbo
China is 76.4% igbo cheesy

10 Likes

Re: This Is Obigbo - Igbo History Pics by ChangedMan1999(m): 5:59pm On Aug 09, 2021
Nde Nzuzu

Keep on typing nonsense.

If Obigbo/Oyigbo feel that they one of us why don't they start campaigning to be with us.

We have received so many insults from non Igbo speaking people for trying to claim these people, but what do these people do; sit down and watch us as we were receive insults.

For your information with the inclusion of these people Biafra will keep on being an dream.

1 Like

Re: This Is Obigbo - Igbo History Pics by Christistruth00: 6:14pm On Aug 09, 2021
EmmaJnr1:
Igbo History
THIS IS OBIGBO!
For 1,000s of years Obigbo was part of present day, Abia state, south of Imo river.
In 1976, as part Civil War settlement to Eastern Nigerian in the Island, Obigbo was expunged from IMO state (IMO & Abia) and added to Present Rivers state.

Obigbo was renamed to Oyibo by Justice Mamman Nadir led Fed boundary adjustment commission to cancel their actions.
THIS IS ONE OF THE REASONS THEY DON’T TEACH NIGERIAN HISTORY. -
Chidi Cali

It was always Oyigbo

It was Azikiwe and Ojukwu that renamed it Obigbo but it had always been Oyigbo named by the Ogoni

Majority of Oyigbo Local Government Area was Ogoniland and Ojukwu deported and killed many Ogoni in order to disposes them of their Ancestral land

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Obigbo - Igbo History Pics by Nobody: 6:23pm On Aug 09, 2021
Christistruth00:

It was always Oyigbo

It was Azikiwe and Ojukwu that renamed it Obigbo but it had always been Oyigbo named by the Ogoni

Majority of Oyigbo Local Government Area was Ogoniland and Ojukwu deported and killed many Ogoni in order to disposes them of their Ancestral land

Chai wickedness, those denying to be igbo are truly not igbo, I'd deny being igbo if I was in their shoe too. Tufiaka olou maje ausubilah

1 Like

Re: This Is Obigbo - Igbo History Pics by EmmaJnr1: 6:59pm On Aug 09, 2021
ChangedMan1999:
Nde Nzuzu

Keep on typing nonsense.

If Obigbo/Oyigbo feel that they one of us why don't they start campaigning to be with us.

We have received so many insults from non Igbo speaking people for trying to claim these people, but what do these people do; sit down and watch us as we were receive insults.

For your information with the inclusion of these people Biafra will keep on being an dream.
Fulani paid miscreant. Has Adadike resigned? I heard she said she is tired. I have not been seeing her Fulani paid posts.

3 Likes

Re: This Is Obigbo - Igbo History Pics by PROUDIGBO(m): 7:03pm On Aug 09, 2021
Christistruth00:

It was always Oyigbo

Fair enough!

As we see documented proof that the Ogoni were praying the boundary commission to change the name to ‘Oyigbo’ (nowhere was it stated ‘change it back to its original name)....can we likewise see historical document/s that support your own narrative? smiley

When exactly during the uncivil war were these forced deportations and murders by the Biafra troops against their own!?

8 Likes

Re: This Is Obigbo - Igbo History Pics by FreeIgbos: 7:59pm On Aug 09, 2021
Christistruth00:

It was always Oyigbo

Sorry, you're extremely dull and ignorant.
Now let me educate you and other re.tards of like mind. Obigbo is contigous with Igboland as well as other Igbo speaking tribes of Rivers State. Ogoni on the other hand lies in the southward fringes just like the kalabaris and the rest. If only you're not an illiterate, you will know that 1960's is not 1760's, so everything that happened even dating back to the 1930's are all documented, so can you bring just a single evidence to prove your idiotic tales?

7 Likes

Re: This Is Obigbo - Igbo History Pics by punisha: 11:04pm On Aug 09, 2021
Wahala
Re: This Is Obigbo - Igbo History Pics by NnamdiAzikiwe: 2:20am On Aug 10, 2021
My people should stop this land grabbing act, it almost put me in trouble in Lagos. Igbo land is the 5 state south east.... nothing more. We are landlocked, it's why I struggled for us to be part of nigeria.
Re: This Is Obigbo - Igbo History Pics by Danzysb(m): 2:46am On Aug 10, 2021
I've been saying it since,they took that part out of imo state and put it into rivers, because of Oil and changed obigbo to oyigbo which is Ogoni name,but today you can't think of comparing an Ogoni man with an Igbo, where has their oil taken them to? I ask.

2 Likes

Re: This Is Obigbo - Igbo History Pics by Danzysb(m): 2:47am On Aug 10, 2021
NnamdiAzikiwe:
My people should stop this land grabbing act, it almost put me in trouble in Lagos. Igbo land is the 5 state south east.... nothing more. We are landlocked, it's why I struggled for us to be part of nigeria.
Nkogheli.

3 Likes

Re: This Is Obigbo - Igbo History Pics by chrisxxx(m): 3:08am On Aug 10, 2021
Thank God that Igbos in real life have different thinking from Igbos on social media especially nairaland .
How could someone hate Lord Lugard but likes the creation of Lugard?
How can someone hate Gowon but like the creation of Gowon?
Oyigbo indigenes not settlers who are majorly Igbos have said it in several forum that they are not Igbos.
Leave Oyigbo alone if it was carved into Imo State it was a mistake. It is now in a state it rightly fully belong.
Come to think about it. What is the Igbo meaning of Obigbo and Oyigbo?
Oyigbo means loosely an Igbo person.
Obigbo means heart of Igbo.
Which of these two names makes this place more Igbo?
Oyigbo at the outskirt of Igbo land can never be argued to be heart of Igbo land. It easier saying though not consenting that those staying there are Igbos which is same in Igbo as Onyi Igbo. Putting these two together give OYIGBO. IPOB make una get sense
small.
Before when anyone proved to be wise they call him an Igbo person. How do you people want to change this narrative in the afternoon?
Re: This Is Obigbo - Igbo History Pics by EmmaJnr1: 6:49am On Aug 10, 2021
NnamdiAzikiwe:
look at this impersonator that just created an account yesterday. Fulani will not stop amusing me. Referendum will shame all you Fulani divide and rule mongers on nairaland.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Shameless IPOB Protesting In Israel / 2023:Tinubu To Emerge As Consensus Candidate For APC / Ihedioha will be the next Vice President of Nigeria: The Tambuwal Factor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.