Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,354 members, 7,815,750 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:34 PM

Why So Much Sentimentalism About Tribes? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why So Much Sentimentalism About Tribes? (973 Views)

Some Tribes And Their Weird Cultural Practices / Lists Of 371 Tribes In Nigeria, Which One Is Yours? / Nigerian Tribes And Their States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why So Much Sentimentalism About Tribes? by smartf(m): 9:16pm On Jul 18, 2007
i have a problem wondering why the igbo people like bringing up issues on ethnicity and tribalism. sometimes i wonder if they are a tribe that descended from south africa. just check out the kind of postings in the culture segment
Re: Why So Much Sentimentalism About Tribes? by PTBNaija(f): 10:56pm On Jul 18, 2007
What do you mean by a tribe that descended from South Africa?
Re: Why So Much Sentimentalism About Tribes? by smartf(m): 9:18pm On Jul 22, 2007
you should know much about the relationship between s/africa and apartheid. hope you don't ask of what i mean by 'apartheid'
Re: Why So Much Sentimentalism About Tribes? by PTBNaija(f): 9:51pm On Jul 22, 2007
It's not just Igbo people that bring up sentiments about ethnicity and tribalism. And maybe they bring it up more because of a feeling of being marginalized the by the society. Were the South Africans not oppressed at one point by the whites? If it bothers you, then just don't read it. People have a right to complain if they want.

(1) (Reply)

Guys Can You Marry A Woman Who Can't Eat Your Local Dish? / Sotheby's Cancels Sale Of 'looted' Benin Mask / Do Some Rivers Kill Strangers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.