Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,447 members, 7,819,656 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:01 PM

They Promised And Failed Me – IMSU Record Breaker - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / They Promised And Failed Me – IMSU Record Breaker (1172 Views)

Oniba Hosts Lasu Record Breaker, Aminat Yusuf, Gifts Her N2 Million / How I Paid Back LAUTECH Lecturer Who Failed Me For 6 Years In The University. / Perfect Payback For Lecturer Who Failed Me For 6 Years In The University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

They Promised And Failed Me – IMSU Record Breaker by Siggynigeria: 9:24am On Aug 10, 2021
IMSU Graduate who broke 39-year-old record says none of the persons who promised rewards kept to their words.
Johnpaul lamented that Nigeria doesn’t place premium value on academic achievements like that of entertainment.

Mbagwu Johnpaul Chiagoziem is one of the bright Nigerian scholars who have achieved remarkable exploits in the academic world.

The fresh graduate emerged with a first-class in industrial physics department to break a 39-year-old record that had existed in Imo State University, Owerri (IMSU).

This is as the department had never produced a first-class graduate until Johnpaul did it with 4.51 CGPA.

The young man became an internet sensation after report earlier in the year highlighting his academic achievement.

He was said to have received many pledges and promises of rewards at that time.

More than 8 months down the line, nothing has been done in recognizing his feat by his institution neither have the persons who promised rewards kept their words.

He tells [url][/url] more in this interview.

May we meet you?
Mbagwu Johnpaul Chiagoziem is my name. A graduate of Industrial Physics from Imo State University, Owerri. I’m from Isiala Mbano LGA of Imo State.

What did it feel like breaking the record in your department?
I literally can’t describe it, other than to say that it’s a bit overwhelming and it also feels both huge and small at the same time.

Nevertheless, it’s cool. It’s amazing. It’s definitely the biggest thing I’ve done so far and I will do more than this in the future. And I’m proud of it.But I’m way, way more proud of having made a difference. And that’s what I’ll be focusing on in the long haul.

How did the head of your department and Dean react to the feat?
My HOD was extremely happy about the record I broke in the department including my dean. It’s an honor well deserved.

When the news of you feat broke out, we gathered that many persons made promises to reward your achievement…. Can you take us through that, how many persons made pledges and actually redeemed it?
More than 10 people pledged and they didn’t fulfill it. That’s Nigeria or let me just say African mentality. If I was a BBN housemate they will quickly rush to donate millions of naira or cars to me, but I’m not a BBN or Former BBN housemate.

There is a saying that goes thus, “Don’t expect things from people if not you will be disappointed waiting for their offers”.

I have learnt this on several occasions, so I don’t expect things from people because they will promise and fail you as far as they are not God. After all, God never fails.

About three said that they will assist me, others said they will get back to me. Since then I have not heard from them.

Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years?
To be an expert and pedagogy in physics at a research university upon completion of my graduate studies.

My ambition is to be a subject matter expert in this field, while also collaborating and networking with other liked minded researchers to designing and developing result based researchers that will help humanity at large.

Last thoughts…
Without God by my side I won’t have achieved this remarkable feat. My parents were extremely supportive and my siblings were as well. My Lecturers were good and my course mates as well.

I give God all the glory.

Achieving great things is very easy if we are willing to work harder for it.

Don’t let anyone tell you that you can not achieve anything as far as God is concern anything is possible, Johnpaul told

https:///they-promised-and-failed-me-imsu-record-breaker/

Re: They Promised And Failed Me – IMSU Record Breaker by tesseract: 9:35am On Aug 10, 2021
Find your way out of the country if you can, before Nigeria will dull your brilliant mind...

1 Like

Re: They Promised And Failed Me – IMSU Record Breaker by lkillbrokehoes: 9:54am On Aug 10, 2021
Welcome to Nigeria where education is never appreciated, only mediocre

1 Like

Re: They Promised And Failed Me – IMSU Record Breaker by Baawaa(m): 9:58am On Aug 10, 2021
If it is BBN they will turu up,yeye people

1 Like

Re: They Promised And Failed Me – IMSU Record Breaker by Siggynigeria: 10:03am On Aug 10, 2021
God forgive us in Nigeria
Re: They Promised And Failed Me – IMSU Record Breaker by sunshineV(f): 10:04am On Aug 10, 2021
but big brother 9ja candidate go collect 30m, a car and governor's appointment. smh

1 Like

Re: They Promised And Failed Me – IMSU Record Breaker by Sixsigmahub: 10:33am On Aug 10, 2021
We have no value for education in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: They Promised And Failed Me – IMSU Record Breaker by kollinskollins(m): 10:46am On Aug 10, 2021
Physics first class? No be joke you too much
Re: They Promised And Failed Me – IMSU Record Breaker by Homosapiens20x: 11:18am On Aug 10, 2021
No value for education in this country SHM
Re: They Promised And Failed Me – IMSU Record Breaker by CheedyJ(m): 11:24am On Aug 10, 2021
Omo, if you get 1st class for physics I swear you sabi book die.. I know of two guys back in UI who achieved that feat in my set, those guys are literally book itself , dem no Dey read much but sabi scatter , ..they are both doing well in d abroad now...

1 Like

Re: They Promised And Failed Me – IMSU Record Breaker by Sixsigmahub: 11:38am On Aug 10, 2021
1st class in industrial physics.
No be small
Re: They Promised And Failed Me – IMSU Record Breaker by TheNoble007(m): 2:26pm On Aug 10, 2021
As a Physicist, I love this. One of my boys graduated this year from one of the federal Universities in the middle belt with a CGPA of 4.85/5.0 in Physics as well.

@Op, advice him to apply for scholarships abroad though he must prove his candidature with other aspects apart from academic grades. Some scholarships programs especially in the EU don't require GRE test results. He should not fold his hands and wait for manna to fall. Good luck to him.
Re: They Promised And Failed Me – IMSU Record Breaker by Rickmann: 4:19pm On Aug 10, 2021
Siggynigeria:
IMSU Graduate who broke 39-year-old record says none of the persons who promised rewards kept to their words.
Johnpaul lamented that Nigeria doesn’t place premium value on academic achievements like that of entertainment.

Mbagwu Johnpaul Chiagoziem is one of the bright Nigerian scholars who have achieved remarkable exploits in the academic world.

The fresh graduate emerged with a first-class in industrial physics department to break a 39-year-old record that had existed in Imo State University, Owerri (IMSU).

This is as the department had never produced a first-class graduate until Johnpaul did it with 4.51 CGPA.

The young man became an internet sensation after report earlier in the year highlighting his academic achievement.

More than 8 months down the line, nothing has been done in recognizing his feat by his institution neither have the persons who promised rewards kept their words.

May we meet you?
Mbagwu Johnpaul Chiagoziem is my name. A graduate of Industrial Physics from Imo State University, Owerri. I’m from Isiala Mbano LGA of Imo State.

I literally can’t describe it, other than to say that it’s a bit overwhelming and it also feels both huge and small at the same time.

Nevertheless, it’s cool. It’s amazing. It’s definitely the biggest thing I’ve done so far and I will do more than this in the future. And I’m proud of it.But I’m way, way more proud of having made a difference. And that’s what I’ll be focusing on in the long haul.

My HOD was extremely happy about the record I broke in the department including my dean. It’s an honor well deserved.

When the news of you feat broke out, we gathered that many persons made promises to reward your achievement…. Can you take us through that, how many persons made pledges and actually redeemed it?
More than 10 people pledged and they didn’t fulfill it. That’s Nigeria or let me just say African mentality. If I was a BBN housemate they will quickly rush to donate millions of naira or cars to me, but I’m not a BBN or Former BBN housemate.

There is a saying that goes thus, “Don’t expect things from people if not you will be disappointed waiting for their offers”.

I have learnt this on several occasions, so I don’t expect things from people because they will promise and fail you as far as they are not God. After all, God never fails.

About three said that they will assist me, others said they will get back to me. Since then I have not heard from them.

To be an expert and pedagogy in physics at a research university upon completion of my graduate studies.

My ambition is to be a subject matter expert in this field, while also collaborating and networking with other liked minded researchers to designing and developing result based researchers that will help humanity at large.

Last thoughts…
Without God by my side I won’t have achieved this remarkable feat. My parents were extremely supportive and my siblings were as well. My Lecturers were good and my course mates as well.

Don’t let anyone tell you that you can not achieve anything as far as God is concern anything is possible, Johnpaul told

As a graduate of IMSU as well, I'm proud of you bro...forget fake people and hypocrites and keep doing your thing. Thumbs up.
Re: They Promised And Failed Me – IMSU Record Breaker by Rickmann: 4:22pm On Aug 10, 2021
Sixsigmahub:
1st class in industrial physics.
No be small

Bro , the thing fear me too o..no be lie.
Re: They Promised And Failed Me – IMSU Record Breaker by Rickmann: 4:28pm On Aug 10, 2021
Siggynigeria:

May we meet you?

Last thoughts…

Just imagine, these are stories that make me weep for this country..which way naija? How can we grow and change the perception of the young ones when education isn't valued in this country? Yet you see people rushing to get jamb forms like their who essence depended on it.

If we don't make a change, things will remain the same.
Re: They Promised And Failed Me – IMSU Record Breaker by Kenbobbi: 4:34pm On Aug 10, 2021
Imsu my Alma mata...i remember Prof. Chineke from physics dept. Very cool nigga..BTW i graduated from chemistry dept ..wahala people full there abeg
Re: They Promised And Failed Me – IMSU Record Breaker by Sixsigmahub: 5:37pm On Aug 10, 2021
We priotize the wrong things in this country.
Re: They Promised And Failed Me – IMSU Record Breaker by Akporo1234: 7:22pm On Aug 10, 2021
In a country where BBN finalist gets 9om worth of prizes but the best graduating student gets N10,000
Re: They Promised And Failed Me – IMSU Record Breaker by Sixsigmahub: 8:37pm On Aug 10, 2021
Do not hope on anyone to help you in this country.
Hope on your God
Re: They Promised And Failed Me – IMSU Record Breaker by TalkTalkTwins(m): 10:10pm On Aug 10, 2021
I knew the guy when I was in IMSU
I dey blog cheesy cheesy

Who dey look first class kwanu grin grin
Re: They Promised And Failed Me – IMSU Record Breaker by Sixsigmahub: 6:41am On Aug 11, 2021
TalkTalkTwins:
I knew the guy when I was in IMSU
I dey blog cheesy cheesy

Who dey look first class kwanu grin grin

Woaw. That's great

(1) (Reply)

99% Of Nigerian Youths Smokes Weed / . / Read : Before You Japa To UK For Teaching

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.