Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,997 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:34 AM

Meet The Man Who Established Ikwerre In Rivers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Meet The Man Who Established Ikwerre In Rivers (2408 Views)

It's Now Ijaw Vs. Ikwerre In Rivers State! / Wike Conferred With The Title "Dike Oha" Of Ikwerre Ethnic Group / Thugs Cart Away With Boxes In Ikwerre LGA Rivers State - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet The Man Who Established Ikwerre In Rivers by EmmaJnr1: 1:04pm On Aug 10, 2021
Igbo History

Meet the man who establishe Ikwerre as a separate ethnic from Igbo.
Obi Nwali (Wali) was born on 27 February 1932 in umuigbo (Rumuigbo) Town, headquarters of Apara Kingdom, in Obio Akpor Local Government Area of Rivers State. His parents were Late Chief Frank Nwali(Wali) Otogbo and Late Mrs. Jane
Nwali (Wali)Otogbo daughter of the famous Late Chief Ezebunwa(Ezebunwo) Amadi Nwondugba, the then paramount ruler of Oroworukwo Nnebisi then and now (Rebis)i in Port Harcourt Local Government Area of Rivers State. He had a younger sibling, Late Mrs Patience Nwaku(Waku) Okabie Nwogu (Worgu).He was educated at the West African People's Institute, Calabar, followed by St. Augustine's Secondary School, Nkwerre. For his higher education he attended the University College Ibadan, where he specialized in literature. He then continued his studies in the United States, where he obtained a doctorate degree in literature.

Nwali(Wali) was one of the founding fathers of Rivers State in Nigeria and served as the first Commissioner for Education, as well as a member of the first executive council of the state. He was later elected as a member of the 1978 Constituent
Assembly and also as a member of the Constitution Drafting Committee that drafted the 1979 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. He was elected as a senator of the Federal Republic of Nigeria in the Second Republic and in 1980 he was elected the Minority Leader of the House of Senate, Federal Republic of Nigeria.

Nwali (Wali) fought for the creation of Port Harcourt from Rivers (bayelsa). After the civil war, the ijaws in the old Rivers took over from Igbos (ikwerre). They were marginalized and were not allowed to work in the oil refinery because they were
Igbos.

Obi Nwali(Wali)with his political position helped formed the ikwerre ethnicity, because of the situation of igbo people in Nigeria then. Ikwerre was formed so the people can get jobs (Igbos were not employed or allowed to have bank accounts). Obi created Port Harcourt out of old Rivers (Bayelsa) for ikwerre because they were marginalized by the old Rivers government.

Nwali(Wali) was violently murdered and dismembered at home in his bedroom by suspected hired assassins on 26 April 1993. The reasons for the murder remain unestablished; however, many speculated that it was in connection with his political
opinions. At the time of his murder, Wali was a respected Nigerian Senator of Rivers State.He was later buried on 24 February 1994. This was not long before the Nigerian state executed another minority rights activist, Ken Saro-Wiwa.

General Ibrahim Babangida (former Nigerian Military Head of State), Chief Rufus Ada George (former Governor of Rivers State), and Peter Odili (then Governor of Rivers State) among others were accused of complicity in Wali's murder in Port Harcourt. The case of Wali's murder was brought before a commission investigating human rights abuses, before which allegations of cover up were forwarded by the Ikwere
Community and Wali's son, Ihumuo, along with his wife Nnenna.

Re: Meet The Man Who Established Ikwerre In Rivers by BKayy: 1:13pm On Aug 10, 2021
"Ndigbo were not allowed to have Bank Accounts"
And if I say Igbo Amaka, Afonjas will start peeing their pants lamenting.

Biko, Igbo Amaka!

11 Likes

Re: Meet The Man Who Established Ikwerre In Rivers by EmmaJnr1: 1:15pm On Aug 10, 2021
Obi Nwali formed Ikwerre so that they can get jobs and work in the refinery, if not they will not be giving jobs, God bless Obi Nwali for helping his fellow Igbos to possess their possession by distincting them from Igbos so they can get jobs and survive, if not nothing for them. Typing and almost shedding tears.

Remember how Abraham lied that Sarah is not his wife, so he could get favour from the king, it is exactly what Obi Nwali did with Ikwerre so they can get jobs.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Man Who Established Ikwerre In Rivers by Ezeama400: 1:16pm On Aug 10, 2021
The one that caught my attention is that Igbos were not allowed to work in refineries..

Today Igbos have many oil blocks and have thousands of workers..

Igbos were not allowed to own bank account..

Today Igbos are MD and CEOs of banks..

13 Likes

Re: Meet The Man Who Established Ikwerre In Rivers by D1official: 1:17pm On Aug 10, 2021
Ikwerre are not igbos... Stop bringing insults to the great Igbo nation because those mischiefs please...

1 Like

Re: Meet The Man Who Established Ikwerre In Rivers by BKayy: 1:18pm On Aug 10, 2021
EmmaJnr1:
Obi Nwali formed Ikwerre so that they can get jobs and work in the refinery, if not they will not be giving jobs, God bless Obi Nwali for helping his fellow Igbos to possess their possession by distincting them from Igbos so they can get jobs and survive, if not nothing for them. Typing and almost shedding tears
No don't go there.
They have been compromised and we can't move forward looking backwards. Not at this dying minute.
"If you want to achieve something, remain focused and work with like minds"

1 Like

Re: Meet The Man Who Established Ikwerre In Rivers by EmmaJnr1: 2:00pm On Aug 10, 2021
BKayy:

No don't go there.
They have been compromised and we can't move forward looking backwards. Not at this dying minute.
"If you want to achieve something, remain focused and work with like minds"
Stop insulting Yoruba people with the word afonja. We are one...Stop that nonsense except u are a Fulani pretending to be Igbo. Again Ikwerre is Igbo and we move together....
Re: Meet The Man Who Established Ikwerre In Rivers by Nobody: 2:02pm On Aug 10, 2021
EmmaJnr1:
Stop insulting Yoruba people with the word afonja. We are one...Stop that nonsense except u are a Fulani pretending to be Igbo. Again Ikwerre is Igbo and we move together....

A Comparative Study of Palatal Rugae Patterns among Igbo and Ikwerre Ethnic Groups of Nigeria: A University of Port Harcourt Study

Background. Palatal rugae pattern of an individual is species specific and is said to be as unique as finger print.

Aims and Objectives. The aim of this study was to identify and compare the rugae pattern of Igbo and Ikwerre populations in Nigeria for human identification purposes.

Materials and Methods. The present study was conducted from random sampling of University of Port Harcourt students. A total number of 140 subjects (70 Igbos and 70 Ikwerres) of age bracket of 18–30 were used.

Results. The different shapes of rugae were obviously observed with varying degrees of predominance among the two tribes. The most predominant patterns are wavy and curvy followed by straight. The Igbos were predominantly wavy while the Ikwerres were predominantly of curve and straight patterns. The Igbo males and females had more wavy pattern with percentage values of 51.6% and 59.9% which is significantly higher in proportion () as compared to the Ikwerre males and females with percentage values of 35.6% and 40.6%. On the other hand, Ikwerre males and females proved to be curve dominant with percentage values of 45.2% and 34.4% and this showed significant difference in proportion () as compared to the Igbo males and females with percentage curve values of 27.9% and 26.1%.

Conclusion. The result obtained from this study is clear evidence of ethnic differences in relation to sex; hence the incidence of predominance is population dependent.

https://www.hindawi.com/journals/ari/2014/123925/
Re: Meet The Man Who Established Ikwerre In Rivers by TheTrueSeeker2: 2:05pm On Aug 10, 2021
@Op so where is OCC's connection in his murder which was rumored to have been in connivance with his wife?

1 Like

Re: Meet The Man Who Established Ikwerre In Rivers by BKayy: 2:07pm On Aug 10, 2021
EmmaJnr1:
I will vote against it any day, any time. I will campaign against it if they manage to sneek into Alaigbo.
I will blame Ndigbo for their mistake, if the Ikwerre rise up against them in the future like a cancer.
So my dear, I see far ahead. Ikwerre have crossed the line of no return. They are better off as an independent nation than be a time bomb within Alaigbo that will always complain whenever things go south and play victim card forever.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet The Man Who Established Ikwerre In Rivers by Hundredfold4lif(m): 2:08pm On Aug 10, 2021
Dr. Obi Wali founded the Ikwerre ethnic group!
Clap for yourself!
Great historian!
The almagamator of the East, West, North and South!
Igbo must go up but all other ethnic groups must die off!
What a set of useless historical conjurers!

4 Likes

Re: Meet The Man Who Established Ikwerre In Rivers by AntiBMC(m): 2:12pm On Aug 10, 2021
He was one of the people that turned against Igbos, killing them when they sought refuge and taking their abandoned properties, because they were promised heaven on Earth by d Nigerian govt which BTW, has always been controlled by the foolanis.

Suffice to say, The govt reneged on its promises...and he, Wali, was murdered horrendously in his own home.

3 Likes

Re: Meet The Man Who Established Ikwerre In Rivers by EmmaJnr1: 2:18pm On Aug 10, 2021
BKayy:

I will vote against it any day, any time. I will campaign against it if they manage to sneek into Alaigbo.
I will blame Ndigbo for their mistake, if the Ikwerre rise up against them in the future like a cancer.
So my dear, I see far ahead. Ikwerre have crossed the line of no return. They are better off as an independent nation than be a time bomb within Alaigbo that will always complain whenever things go south and play victim card forever.
shut up, Biafrans are not leaving any Igbo behind.
Re: Meet The Man Who Established Ikwerre In Rivers by BKayy: 2:21pm On Aug 10, 2021
EmmaJnr1:
shut up, Biafrans are not leaving any Igbo behind.
Trying to drag people that rejects you and maintains their independent status doesn't make you any different from the oppressors/British.
This is exactly what we are fighting against.

6 Likes

Re: Meet The Man Who Established Ikwerre In Rivers by EmmaJnr1: 2:25pm On Aug 10, 2021
BKayy:

Trying to drag people that rejects you and maintains their independent status doesn't make you any different from the oppressors/British.
This is exactly what we are fighting against.
shut up, I don de suspect you since as Fulani stooge.
Re: Meet The Man Who Established Ikwerre In Rivers by BKayy: 2:28pm On Aug 10, 2021
EmmaJnr1:
shut up, I don de suspect you since as Fulani stooge.
If you believe in coercing people or forcing them into a union they don't want to be then you are no different from the British and Fulani.
I can never bring myself down to such ridicule. Suspect all you want but anybody reading this will know between me and you who is the Fulani.
Being Fulani in this case is not about being born one but by behavior/attitude

2 Likes

Re: Meet The Man Who Established Ikwerre In Rivers by SlayerForever: 2:29pm On Aug 10, 2021
I don't know about Obi Wali or his mission but I know the Igbos were blocked out from the refinery jobs and even other civil service jobs cheesy

Very useless policies cheesy

1 Like

Re: Meet The Man Who Established Ikwerre In Rivers by EmmaJnr1: 4:11pm On Aug 10, 2021
BKayy:

If you believe in coercing people or forcing them into a union they don't want to be then you are no different from the British and Fulani.
I can never bring myself down to such ridicule. Suspect all you want but anybody reading this will know between me and you who is the Fulani.
Being Fulani in this case is not about being born one but by behavior/attitude
shut up, no one is forcing anyone. We are leaving with all Igbo, a referendum will put to shame all haters. Everyone has one vote
Re: Meet The Man Who Established Ikwerre In Rivers by christistruth01: 4:22pm On Aug 10, 2021

Re: Meet The Man Who Established Ikwerre In Rivers by BKayy: 4:25pm On Aug 10, 2021
EmmaJnr1:
shut up, no one is forcing anyone. We are leaving with all Igbo, a referendum will put to shame all haters. Everyone has one vote
Has anybody from that side asked for referendum to be part of Biafra or have shown any willingness to be part of Biafra or Alaigbo?
Furthermore, Have any Ikwerre voluntarily identified with Ndigbo except for political reasons?
My dear, don't become the monster you are fighting

1 Like

Re: Meet The Man Who Established Ikwerre In Rivers by EmmaJnr1: 4:49pm On Aug 10, 2021
BKayy:

Has anybody from that side asked for referendum to be part of Biafra or have shown any willingness to be part of Biafra or Alaigbo?
Furthermore, Have any Ikwerre voluntarily identified with Ndigbo except for political reasons?
lols fulani stooge. Ikwerre that speaks clear Igbo than some Enugu and Ebonyi people, u are saying they are not Igbo....lols painment
Re: Meet The Man Who Established Ikwerre In Rivers by EmmaJnr1: 5:09pm On Aug 10, 2021
BKayy:

u be fool, go and read here about Ikwerre peoples reply to Wike when he said he is not Igbo. Mind u wike is playing politics. https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/12/why-is-wike-denying-his-igbo-roots/

Fulani stooge I won't reply u again but my brothers Ikwerre and other Igbos in Benue Delta is going to the promise land with us. Fulani people go and die.
Re: Meet The Man Who Established Ikwerre In Rivers by vasel15: 5:35pm On Aug 10, 2021
EmmaJnr1:
Obi Nwali formed Ikwerre so that they can get jobs and work in the refinery, if not they will not be giving jobs, God bless Obi Nwali for helping his fellow Igbos to possess their possession by distincting them from Igbos so they can get jobs and survive, if not nothing for them. Typing and almost shedding tears.

Remember how Abraham lied that Sarah is not his wife, so he could get favour from the king, it is exactly what Obi Nwali did with Ikwerre so they can get jobs.

Slow talk, watch this video and see how ikewerre killed igbos and took over their land and properties

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2t9E4j0_fc

I can never live in the same biafra with Ikwerre and Ijaw, ok

1 Like

Re: Meet The Man Who Established Ikwerre In Rivers by Hundredfold4lif(m): 5:35pm On Aug 10, 2021
"IKWERRE" AS A WORD MAKES SOME SIT-AT-HOME INVESTIGATORS TO RUN MAD!
"IKWERRE" IS THE HARBINGER OF SENTIMENTALIZED HERMITAGE.
Re: Meet The Man Who Established Ikwerre In Rivers by vasel15: 5:36pm On Aug 10, 2021
EmmaJnr1:
u be fool, go and read here about Ikwerre peoples reply to Wike when he said he is not Igbo. Mind u wike is playing politics. https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/12/why-is-wike-denying-his-igbo-roots/

Fulani stooge I won't reply u again but my brothers Ikwerre and other Igbos in Benue Delta is going to the promise land with us. Fulani people go and die.

Just shut up every one is fulani to you, igbos won't live with ikwerres in the same biafra not after what they did to us in 1967,some of us are smart and we are not dullards like you

2 Likes

Re: Meet The Man Who Established Ikwerre In Rivers by EmmaJnr1: 6:05pm On Aug 10, 2021
vasel15:

Slow talk, watch this video and see how ikewerre killed igbos and took over their land and properties

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2t9E4j0_fc

I can never live in the same biafra with Ikwerre and Ijaw, ok
See fool, so u don tire to say ijaw killed Igbos now na Ikwerre. Fozapi aka biafranboys Fulani stooge propagandist. U node tire LOLS Fulani people for nairaland de make me laugh true lols
Re: Meet The Man Who Established Ikwerre In Rivers by EmmaJnr1: 6:09pm On Aug 10, 2021
vasel15:

Just shut up every one is fulani to you, igbos won't live with ikwerres in the same biafra not after what they did to us in 1967,some of us are smart and we are not dullards like you
Hahahaha fulani de para o lols. Fulani guys forming Igbos. Painment things. Even an ogogoro drinker knows Ikwerre is Igbo.
Re: Meet The Man Who Established Ikwerre In Rivers by Xbobtage: 7:01pm On Aug 12, 2021
EmmaJnr1:

OP I can see that you are an Ikwerre man (Ammeka O!), Alot of the people posting think you an Igbo man still trying to grab ikwerreland. A few years ago on this same Nairaland, if you had made a thread like this you would have had so many pages of other igbo people praising you and appreciating your efforts to connect your clan to other igbos, but imagine how quickly public opinions can change.

I am here to encourage your efforts to refuse politicians or disgruntled elements to alter your peoples history. A people without a history or perhaps a completely false history is like a being without a soul.

Politicians in high places seem to misunderstand that their power is beyond the physical or the present, they are in a position to alter the lives of Generations of unborn, by their actions or choice of words.

Gov Wikes words unknown to him has made him in the present a baggage for PDP, because they could have simply branded him the igbo man from Rivers State, and that would have easily made him a viable option for President or Vice. But right now, at this moment in Nigerias history, Claiming he is a minority from the SS and wanting to take the no.1 or no.2 position in the country is making him more or less of a stumbling block for the party that he has done so much for.

Ikwerre Politicians who followed the Path Wike is following ended up sounding remorseful at Old age, because once you are done lying to achieve your ambitions, once you start to feel like time is not on your side and you might meet your maker soon, you start to remember all the damage to the lives of people left behind. Elechi Amadi, And Obi Wali made u turns from their original anti igbo stands before their deaths, but sadly both of them started a trend that is now really difficult to reverse coupled with the fact that the nigerian government rewarded them heavily. That opened the eyes of many indigenous igbo clans.

Everyone who is old enough in Rivers State knows that the Benin origin story is Nonsense. In the early 80s ikwerre youths used to hustle side by side in Most markets amongst their igbo brethren in places like D line, etc. tbut today try to tell the Ikwerre youths who are sitting idle and doing nothing at home to go to ikokwu and learn one or two things, in go ask you wether I be isoma?, They would rather stand on the road and oppress keke for community Levi. you see how the youths have been plucked out from a postive pattern by simple lies from politicians.

Before we start judging these politicians, its reasonable to argue that they had tto rremove tthe IIgbo labelfor survival purposes, otherwise Ikwerres would have never had a voice in Rivers State, and Rivers As we know it would have never been created. Besides the issue of igbo Identity Ikwerre people do not have issues with the rest of igboland, they prefer to marry igbo women and are happy when their daughter bring back igbo husbands

As we can see in one of the videos here, the people from Igwuruta, were complaining that they are igbo people and they are threatened to be killed by the other people in Rivers State, Go to Igwuruta today and ask if the people are aware that they igbo people and watch confused faces respond. I have heard someone from Igwuruta arguing that the people that are igbo people in igwuruta are Osu people who arrived in the early 1900s.

What most nairalanders or nigerians who are not conversant with Ikwerre and Rivers State wouldnt know is that the whole I no be Ibo amongst ikwerre people was not something an Ikwerre person would say aggressively or with so much pride until recently since the late 90s.
Politicians, fear of persecution and bullying from non igbo clans in Rivers State has further encouraged these behaviours.

From observation, there are three types of Ikwerre people, there are those who know and would say that they are igbo people regardless of location or occassion, I will estimate them at 20%, then there are those who have learned to get offended/aggressive when called igbo that I would estimate at around 35%, then there is a group that doesnt understand why anybody would have an issue being labelled or not being labelled igbo or ikwerre, and why all the fuss about this afterall nobody is paying anyone to be Ikwerre or Igbo.

The fact that the first group is very quiet and not out spoken is the reason why the second group is the loudest and most heard, And the fact that no one is benefitting anything directly from being igbo or not is why the 3rd group are non chalant. Because actually there are some sort of benefits/incentives to coming off as a non igbo man in the niger delta, You can head oil ministries without loud cries that igbo people are taking away all the oil money, you can represent non igboic tribes in rivers state on important political issues without anyone saying igbo people are ruling them. etc I am trying to humanize the plight of Ikwerre people and how it got this far, so that those igbo people who are feeling offended can rationalize issues. Any other igbo clan could have been in the same situation.

A friend of mine who is a surveyor from Rumuokoro Area an Ikwerre man, while having family meeting with the family members about an igbo tenant, told the family to take it easy with the young man, saying after all, he is igbo like them...That sentence almost started a war, the family was split into two sides, with the i am not an igbo man asking for the head of his cousin because of that sentence, But that same dday healso learned that some members of his own family were pro igbo and ready to fight off anyone trying to intimidate them because of their views.

My input on this Ikwerre issue is from a Sentimental point of view as a Rivers Man, grew up in Ikwerreland, my best friends and inlaws are Ikwerre people, I have these conversations with people in real life as well.

At OP pro Igbo Ikwerre men like you need to bemore out spoken, you know your history, have these conversations with fellow ikwerres show them these video proofs and accurate history arguments that you have, For this damage to be Undone, the learned ones who know the accurate history need to take charge, Fight for the soul of your people, the current Governor has practically said that Ikwerre are not from Rivers State and are from Benin, so that means the people came to Rivers State and took igbo lands, language and culture. While this is a lie, it is a valid arguement for future generations to use in any court , like is being done to the Palestinians.

Evil thrives when good men do nothing

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Meet The Man Who Established Ikwerre In Rivers by CovenHighPriest: 8:44pm On Aug 12, 2021
Xbobtage:

OP I can see that you are an Ikwerre man (Ammeka O!), Alot of the people posting think you an Igbo man still trying to grab ikwerreland. A few years ago on this same Nairaland, if you had made a thread like this you would have had so many pages of other igbo people praising you and appreciating your efforts to connect your clan to other igbos, but imagine how quickly public opinions can change.

I am here to encourage your efforts to refuse politicians or disgruntled elements to alter your peoples history. A people without a history or perhaps a completely false history is like a being without a soul.

Politicians in high places seem to misunderstand that their power is beyond the physical or the present, they are in a position to alter the lives of Generations of unborn, by their actions or choice of words.

Gov Wikes words unknown to him has made him in the present a baggage for PDP, because they could have simply branded him the igbo man from Rivers State, and that would have easily made him a viable option for President or Vice. But right now, at this moment in Nigerias history, Claiming he is a minority from the SS and wanting to take the no.1 or no.2 position in the country is making him more or less of a stumbling block for the party that he has done so much for.

Ikwerre Politicians who followed the Path Wike is following ended up sounding remorseful at Old age, because once you are done lying to achieve your ambitions, once you start to feel like time is not on your side and you might meet your maker soon, you start to remember all the damage to the lives of people left behind. Elechi Amadi, And Obi Wali made u turns from their original anti igbo stands before their deaths, but sadly both of them started a trend that is now really difficult to reverse coupled with the fact that the nigerian government rewarded them heavily. That opened the eyes of many indigenous igbo clans.

Everyone who is old enough in Rivers State knows that the Benin origin story is Nonsense. In the early 80s ikwerre youths used to hustle side by side in Most markets amongst their igbo brethren in places like D line, etc. tbut today try to tell the Ikwerre youths who are sitting idle and doing nothing at home to go to ikokwu and learn one or two things, in go ask you wether I be isoma?, They would rather stand on the road and oppress keke for community Levi. you see how the youths have been plucked out from a postive pattern by simple lies from politicians.

Before we start judging these politicians, its reasonable to argue that they had tto rremove tthe IIgbo labelfor survival purposes, otherwise Ikwerres would have never had a voice in Rivers State, and Rivers As we know it would have never been created. Besides the issue of igbo Identity Ikwerre people do not have issues with the rest of igboland, they prefer to marry igbo women and are happy when their daughter bring back igbo husbands

As we can see in one of the videos here, the people from Igwuruta, were complaining that they are igbo people and they are threatened to be killed by the other people in Rivers State, Go to Igwuruta today and ask if the people are aware that they igbo people and watch confused faces respond. I have heard someone from Igwuruta arguing that the people that are igbo people in igwuruta are Osu people who arrived in the early 1900s.

What most nairalanders or nigerians who are not conversant with Ikwerre and Rivers State wouldnt know is that the whole I no be Ibo amongst ikwerre people was not something an Ikwerre person would say aggressively or with so much pride until recently since the late 90s.
Politicians, fear of persecution and bullying from non igbo clans in Rivers State has further encouraged these behaviours.

From observation, there are three types of Ikwerre people, there are those who know and would say that they are igbo people regardless of location or occassion, I will estimate them at 20%, then there are those who have learned to get offended/aggressive when called igbo that I would estimate at around 35%, then there is a group that doesnt understand why anybody would have an issue being labelled or not being labelled igbo or ikwerre, and why all the fuss about this afterall nobody is paying anyone to be Ikwerre or Igbo.

The fact that the first group is very quiet and not out spoken is the reason why the second group is the loudest and most heard, And the fact that no one is benefitting anything directly from being igbo or not is why the 3rd group are non chalant. Because actually there are some sort of benefits/incentives to coming off as a non igbo man in the niger delta, You can head oil ministries without loud cries that igbo people are taking away all the oil money, you can represent non igboic tribes in rivers state on important political issues without anyone saying igbo people are ruling them. etc I am trying to humanize the plight of Ikwerre people and how it got this far, so that those igbo people who are feeling offended can rationalize issues. Any other igbo clan could have been in the same situation.

A friend of mine who is a surveyor from Rumuokoro Area an Ikwerre man, while having family meeting with the family members about an igbo tenant, told the family to take it easy with the young man, saying after all, he is igbo like them...That sentence almost started a war, the family was split into two sides, with the i am not an igbo man asking for the head of his cousin because of that sentence, But that same dday healso learned that some members of his own family were pro igbo and ready to fight off anyone trying to intimidate them because of their views.

My input on this Ikwerre issue is from a Sentimental point of view as a Rivers Man, grew up in Ikwerreland, my best friends and inlaws are Ikwerre people, I have these conversations with people in real life as well.

At OP pro Igbo Ikwerre men like you need to bemore out spoken, you know your history, have these conversations with fellow ikwerres show them these video proofs and accurate history arguments that you have, For this damage to be Undone, the learned ones who know the accurate history need to take charge, Fight for the soul of your people, the current Governor has practically said that Ikwerre are not from Rivers State and are from Benin, so that means the people came to Rivers State and took igbo lands, language and culture. While this is a lie, it is a valid arguement for future generations to use in any court , like is being done to the Palestinians.

Evil thrives when good men do nothing

Your comment was quite a lot to take in, you point Ikwerre's Igbo denial as a means of survival and you also pointed out how years ago Igbo people would have applauded the OP's posts.

A lot has changed, Ikwerre has crossed that line of rubi-coin, no proud Igbo man wants them back to the Igbo fold which I believe is great news to majority of them. Furthermore it would be a great thing of joy if their language, names and culture has nothing in resemblance to Ndi Igbo, this I believe will save a lot of stress and help discouraged the ones that haven't really gotten the hang of things to finally let them be.

From some of your posts I understand that you a from Rivers state but I have to ask you even though most nairalanders seems to love to avoid this question, what's the name your tribe and the story of your friend who is a surveyor when did it happen and we're you present?

1 Like

Re: Meet The Man Who Established Ikwerre In Rivers by LLiKYekoba: 10:20pm On Aug 12, 2021
The no 1 Ikwerre man in nigeria Wike Nyesom opened his big talkative mouth on live TV and told the world that Ikwerres are from Bini and have no consanguinity whatsover with the Igbos, yet someone is up there writing long epistles about ikwerre and their quest for survival that forced them to deny their Igbo heritage. Nonsense!

The Anioma Igbos and SE Igbos who have proudly refused to deny their heritage, did they go into extinction?

The Ikwerre issue have been conculsively dealt with, with the facts on ground- THEY ARE NOT IGBOS.

It is my opinion that they should start DELINGUINIZING themselves from the Igbo language, customs and tradition, and start RELINGUINIZING themselves with the Bini language, the language of their ancestors. To prevent any further confusion.

It's a good thing that Igbos are culturally sensitive, even if you speak Igbo fluently than Okeke or Okorie, if he must have any serious dealings with you, he will get to know where you come, down to your kindred.

An Ikwerre man who grew up in Abia state, whom I had a deal with once lied to me that he was from Arochukwu, Abia state. Foolish me couldn't investigate his claims until he swindled me of my hard earned millions. He spoke Owerri and Abia dialects very fluently.
I traced him down his village in Ikwerre, captured him like a thief and sent him to his knackers.

He knew from the onset that once he mentioned 'Ikwerre' to me, the deal was dead as dodo, as it would set alarms in my brain ringing, so he hid his true identity.

Ikwerres are not Igbos period.

3 Likes

Re: Meet The Man Who Established Ikwerre In Rivers by Xbobtage: 8:29pm On Aug 16, 2021
CovenHighPriest:

Your comment was quite a lot to take in, you point Ikwerre's Igbo denial as a means of survival and you also pointed out how years ago Igbo people would have applauded the OP's posts.

A lot has changed, Ikwerre has crossed that line of rubi-coin, no proud Igbo man wants them back to the Igbo fold which I believe is great news to majority of them. Furthermore it would be a great thing of joy if their language, names and culture has nothing in resemblance to Ndi Igbo, this I believe will save a lot of stress and help discouraged the ones that haven't really gotten the hang of things to finally let them be.

From some of your posts I understand that you a from Rivers state but I have to ask you even though most nairalanders seems to love to avoid this question, what's the name your tribe and the story of your friend who is a surveyor when did it happen and we're you present?

I am an ogoni Man. In order to remain anonymous I cant divulge that much information about myself, But ofcourse the events described are not unusual in Ph. If you live you will meet alot of Ikwerre people who have no issues with an igbo identity, But as I said, the ones with an issue with igbo identity are the loudest, and most aggressive.

A lot of igbo people are quick to point out what Gov. Wike said, But are quick to forget What Amaechi said...Such is life!

Listen its not for me (or you) Or Wike to designate Ikwerre People as igbo or not, Although their "accurate" history clearly points to them being igbo, All I was doing was encouraging the likes of OP who appears to be of the ikwerre stock that have no issue with igbo identity to be more out spoken, in order to properly counter the attempt of those who have been lying about Ikwerre history for personal gains.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Cannabis: Nigeria To Legalise Marijuana (Definitely Must Watch Videos) / BREAKING: INEC Declared Tambuwal Elected Senator / Africa 1-5: Basil Davidson's Ground Breaking Documentary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.