Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,947 members, 7,817,781 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:27 PM

Food Cooked With Firewood Vs Gas: Which One Tastes Better? - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Food Cooked With Firewood Vs Gas: Which One Tastes Better? (39913 Views)

What Food Tastes Better The Next Day? / Food Cooked With Snake And Giant Rat (Pictures) / See The Plate Of Rice I Cooked With Just 200 Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Food Cooked With Firewood Vs Gas: Which One Tastes Better? by edoairways: 5:01pm On Aug 10, 2021
addexx:
Firewood. Because when cooking we sprinkle part of the ashes on the food and stir with the wood to give an extra taste and aroma.
Charcoal flavour will do the needful
Re: Food Cooked With Firewood Vs Gas: Which One Tastes Better? by HantaVirus(m): 5:01pm On Aug 10, 2021
Debra911:

It's okay to use either 'poor or idiots' but using the two words makes me think you're those kinda ppl who became so insulting &mannerless cos of some cheap wealth and travelling overseas mentality.

90% of homes in Nigeria got a cooking gas ,nobody wanna go through the stress of using firewood. Nevertheless some still use it especially when they feel like getting a different taste or have some big parties/ occasion. It doesn't mean they're poor, it's a free world.

Sorry dear if my choice of words offend you...I don't like the smell of firewood and it's very unhealthy to use....
Re: Food Cooked With Firewood Vs Gas: Which One Tastes Better? by DeepSight(m): 5:03pm On Aug 10, 2021
PAWG:
I don’t understand how good that smells of smoke would taste better than one without smoke.

Guys stop lying to yourselves

Its well known in the culinary world that wood fire imparts a specific "wooded" and yes, "smoky" flavor to food.
Think "Woodfired Pizza" for example - even though this is by no means similar to traditional cooking with firewood. But the point on the effect on taste remains.

Its actually a thing. I mean a specific thing any proper chef will tell you.

You're the one being ignorant.
Re: Food Cooked With Firewood Vs Gas: Which One Tastes Better? by DeepSight(m): 5:07pm On Aug 10, 2021
frankmoney:
It's a myth ... It all depends on the chef

Its not a myth. As I just said to someone up there, Its well known in the culinary world that wood fire imparts a specific "wooded" and yes, "smoky" flavor to food.

Think "Woodfired Pizza" for example - even though this is by no means similar to traditional cooking with firewood. But the point on the effect on taste remains.

Its actually a thing. I mean a specific thing any proper chef will tell you.
Re: Food Cooked With Firewood Vs Gas: Which One Tastes Better? by newoffer: 5:21pm On Aug 10, 2021
Jollof rice is related to Fire wood
Re: Food Cooked With Firewood Vs Gas: Which One Tastes Better? by Katcall: 5:31pm On Aug 10, 2021
Itoro350:
MBOK FIREWOOD
Abadie
Re: Food Cooked With Firewood Vs Gas: Which One Tastes Better? by Debra911(f): 5:32pm On Aug 10, 2021
HantaVirus:

Sorry dear if my choice of words offend you...I don't like the smell of firewood and it's very unhealthy to use....
Yea that's true too, it's a known fact. Sorry about that.

No prob
Re: Food Cooked With Firewood Vs Gas: Which One Tastes Better? by Mutecgold92(m): 5:34pm On Aug 10, 2021
This is kinda poverty driven mentality. Why will you ask this kinda question?
Re: Food Cooked With Firewood Vs Gas: Which One Tastes Better? by Nobody: 5:37pm On Aug 10, 2021
Fire wood oil beans with plenty onions and crayfish
Re: Food Cooked With Firewood Vs Gas: Which One Tastes Better? by SweetDipBenny(m): 6:01pm On Aug 10, 2021
Gas mehn undecided
Re: Food Cooked With Firewood Vs Gas: Which One Tastes Better? by NOGRUDGES(m): 6:02pm On Aug 10, 2021
Firewood forever, charcoal flavour no get level.

E get reason why you dey see fire burn in pot for Chinese delicacy
Re: Food Cooked With Firewood Vs Gas: Which One Tastes Better? by Enibanks(f): 6:07pm On Aug 10, 2021
now, tell me why una like party jollof rice? but no matter what ; so therefore it is the modern things that is the sweetest
Re: Food Cooked With Firewood Vs Gas: Which One Tastes Better? by Nobody: 6:15pm On Aug 10, 2021
NwaNimo1:
Wood.......but the smoke is a silent killer!

[img]https://media./images/ec36988b5748b4141fa8dec9b0547b61/tenor.gif[/img]
The smoke wey no kill our forefathers has now become silent killer. Mmmmmm. I am waiting to read about how cooking with gass increases human life span.
Re: Food Cooked With Firewood Vs Gas: Which One Tastes Better? by donnie(m): 6:35pm On Aug 10, 2021
phemmyfour:
It's only poverty mentality will make people have this kind of thought

Abeg go siddan... How much you get sef wey you dey yarn about poverty? Mens know what dia talking about cool
Re: Food Cooked With Firewood Vs Gas: Which One Tastes Better? by donnie(m): 6:35pm On Aug 10, 2021
AfricanKingkong:
The smoke wey no kill our forefathers has now become silent killer. Mmmmmm. I am waiting to read about how cooking with gass increases human life span.

grin
Re: Food Cooked With Firewood Vs Gas: Which One Tastes Better? by Blackdeewhy(m): 6:37pm On Aug 10, 2021
Poverty, I command you to leave my destiny! I refuse to be POOR. I choose to be RICH.
AMEN!!!
Re: Food Cooked With Firewood Vs Gas: Which One Tastes Better? by Kabaz2: 7:12pm On Aug 10, 2021
Food prepared with firewood probably dey don well pass food wey person use gas. Basically who prepares the food whether firewood or gas determines the taste of the food
Re: Food Cooked With Firewood Vs Gas: Which One Tastes Better? by Blessed4God(m): 7:35pm On Aug 10, 2021
YeyeGbami:
Firewood dey sweet, but eye go red.
does it really matter??
Re: Food Cooked With Firewood Vs Gas: Which One Tastes Better? by Nobody: 8:13pm On Aug 10, 2021
Isupaefugbemi00:
chai, after doing this make this women give man handjob without washing hand

The man go nearly divorce them cheesy
Re: Food Cooked With Firewood Vs Gas: Which One Tastes Better? by Oshokalo: 8:48pm On Aug 10, 2021
SimplyFacts:

The same way they want us to believe that soup made from pepper using local grinding stone tastes better.

In Olamide's voice;

Poverty die! die! die!
no just go there this one na true
Re: Food Cooked With Firewood Vs Gas: Which One Tastes Better? by Wavvywind: 9:39pm On Aug 10, 2021
SimplyFacts:

Anytime I got sick during my childhood, I only had appetite for party jollof. My mom would tell me to kill my paternal grandma so they can prepare party jollof.

Lol... Mum is really funny grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Food Cooked With Firewood Vs Gas: Which One Tastes Better? by Cousin9999: 9:56pm On Aug 10, 2021
It depends on what you're cooking. Certain proteins, and some veggies, taste far better when slow roasted using sweet wood.

But yeah, it's not healthy to consume a lot of bbq or char due to carcinogens.
Re: Food Cooked With Firewood Vs Gas: Which One Tastes Better? by Franky9584(m): 11:14pm On Aug 10, 2021
Firewood anytime anyday. I no indomie generation don't no about this....

Infact u need to taste it
Re: Food Cooked With Firewood Vs Gas: Which One Tastes Better? by Poleski: 1:16am On Aug 11, 2021
No difference whatsoever.
Re: Food Cooked With Firewood Vs Gas: Which One Tastes Better? by onyejack(m): 3:25pm On Aug 11, 2021
SimplyFacts:

The same way they want us to believe that soup made from pepper using local grinding stone tastes better.

In Olamide's voice;

Poverty die! die! die!
you never know anything
Re: Food Cooked With Firewood Vs Gas: Which One Tastes Better? by onyejack(m): 3:31pm On Aug 11, 2021
PAWG:
I don’t understand how food that smells of smoke would taste better than one without smoke.

Guys stop lying to yourselves
u want cook with smoke or fire, no fire now u go always put Fire.
Re: Food Cooked With Firewood Vs Gas: Which One Tastes Better? by caandi: 7:31pm On Aug 11, 2021
They wanted sound it in my ears and swear to it that it’s firewood but I don’t know o
Re: Food Cooked With Firewood Vs Gas: Which One Tastes Better? by Itoro350(m): 8:03pm On Aug 11, 2021
Katcall:
Abadie
IDIOKE
Re: Food Cooked With Firewood Vs Gas: Which One Tastes Better? by lkillbrokehoes: 8:56pm On Aug 11, 2021
Ginaz:
[s]Food Na food.

I don’t have time to waste cooking with firewood.[/s]
Re: Food Cooked With Firewood Vs Gas: Which One Tastes Better? by Katcall: 6:35pm On Aug 12, 2021
Itoro350:
IDIOKE
akwaibom or cross river
Re: Food Cooked With Firewood Vs Gas: Which One Tastes Better? by Katcall: 6:35pm On Aug 12, 2021
Itoro350:
IDIOKE
akwaibom or cross river?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Baking Thread / See Pictures Of The Hawk My Dad Killed / Can You Eat These Halloween Themed Cupcakes? (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.