Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,202 members, 7,829,300 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:00 AM

Appeal Court Affirms Soludo, Umeoji, Okeke Head To Supreme Court - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Appeal Court Affirms Soludo, Umeoji, Okeke Head To Supreme Court (18704 Views)

Supreme Court Affirms Soludo As The Governorship Candidate Of APGA / APC Reacts To Supreme Court Judgement On APC Rivers Candidates / Court Affirms Hope Uzodinma As Imo APC Governorship Candidate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Appeal Court Affirms Soludo, Umeoji, Okeke Head To Supreme Court by zikter(m): 7:45pm On Aug 10, 2021
How come a matter in Anambra is being decided in far away far north states of jigawa and Kano? Are there no courts in Anambra or what? I don't understand this
Re: Appeal Court Affirms Soludo, Umeoji, Okeke Head To Supreme Court by garfield1: 7:53pm On Aug 10, 2021
Themandator:

Oga, his backers are clearly not politicians. In the midst of the formidable names you go and chose a nameless person when you don't have either the state or federal forces behind you

Who is the Becker that will be more formidable than Eze and Tony, a former Nans president with hardmen from all the schools in the south east behind him

Until you have the ears of people like Orjiako and Azudialu and the Anambra business person's they represent like gocuz , you dont have support yet

Obiano relationship with buhari is cordial , ngige will never support his APC candidate , UBA.
If it is not Soludo them it is Ozigbo

If it is not soludo, it is Andy uba that is why they are plans to disqualify soludo...from the post,the appeal court judgment is totally faulty...cc fergie001
Re: Appeal Court Affirms Soludo, Umeoji, Okeke Head To Supreme Court by Indispensable85(m): 7:55pm On Aug 10, 2021
fergie0o1:

SOURCE

Umeoji, Okeke head to Supreme Court

SOURCE

Fergie I told you this was going to happen at some point before the election.

I was just waiting for it.
Re: Appeal Court Affirms Soludo, Umeoji, Okeke Head To Supreme Court by Nobody: 7:57pm On Aug 10, 2021
Aidejay:
All the way from Anambra state they went to Jigawa to collect judgement then Kano to collect appeal now they're coming to Abuja for supreme court ruling.
wonders shall never end grin

The IBOS should be courageous. They should not allow their spirit - the enterprising and resilience spirit to be killed or caged by the Nigeria situation and forces. The IBOS behave helpless and beaten to fate. The youths should not fight or attack their neighbours. They should reconcile with their neighbours.

The South West Governors are canvassing for American Federalism by making request for each region to have Supreme Court. The nomadic government can never make it possible. There is no easy way to freedom.

Eyitayo Jegede (SAN) is a very brilliant Lawyer. Rotimi Akeredolu (S.A.N) is a very brilliant Lawyer and radical. We have them (brilliant Lawyers ) in thousands in South West. However, no matter how brilliant they are, no matter how diligent in researches and exposition and no matter how rich in understanding of legal matters technicalities and arguments, they are mere nothing and noise makers under nomadic judiciary. We are left to fate. Who will deliver us?

The IBOS should be courageous.
Re: Appeal Court Affirms Soludo, Umeoji, Okeke Head To Supreme Court by fergie001: 7:58pm On Aug 10, 2021
garfield1:
If it is not soludo, it is Andy uba that is why they are plans to disqualify soludo...from the post,the appeal court judgment is totally faulty...
When the proper judgement enters in......We will know.
I don't want to believe the things I am hearing wrt territorial jurisdiction, etc.

I am more particular about the Appeal Court in Awka for now.

Indispensable85:
I told you this was going to happen at some point before the election.

I was just waiting for it.
Don't joke with pre-election cases ooooo. They can break hearts.

I wish them well... This matter will continue till after the election for sure.

1 Like

Re: Appeal Court Affirms Soludo, Umeoji, Okeke Head To Supreme Court by garfield1: 8:07pm On Aug 10, 2021
fergie001:

When the proper judgement enters in......We will know.
I don't want to believe the things I am hearing wrt territorial jurisdiction, etc.

I am more particular about the Appeal Court in Awka for now.

Don't joke with pre-election cases ooooo. They can break hearts.

I wish them well... This matter will continue till after the election for sure.

In terms of territorial jurisdiction, the appeal court is right.jigawa hc doesn't have it but for them to rebrobate and Approbate or blow hot and cold at the same thing is what might finish soludo.it is clear that money changed hands.it is similar to the osun and crn judgment where the supreme court ruled based on technicalities because of the mistakes of the lower court...I dont know how awka high court will play a role but the main matter is at kano now.like I told you days ago,this matter will end latest sept

1 Like

Re: Appeal Court Affirms Soludo, Umeoji, Okeke Head To Supreme Court by fergie001: 8:33pm On Aug 10, 2021
garfield1:
In terms of territorial jurisdiction, the appeal court is right.jigawa hc doesn't have it but for them to rebrobate and Approbate or blow hot and cold at the same thing is what might finish soludo.it is clear that money changed hands.it is similar to the osun and crn judgment where the supreme court ruled based on technicalities because of the mistakes of the lower court...I dont know how awka high court will play a role but the main matter is at kano now.like I told you days ago,this matter will end latest Sept
No....the same case is before Awka Appeal Court, not High Court, it was adjourned till next month.

The SC will decide this and the first place they will go to is the technicality surrounding "when it was filed."
Re: Appeal Court Affirms Soludo, Umeoji, Okeke Head To Supreme Court by garfield1: 8:38pm On Aug 10, 2021
fergie001:

No....the same case is before Awka Appeal Court, not High Court, it was adjourned till next month.

The SC will decide this and the first place they will go to is the technicality surrounding "when it was filed."

Very true.this judgment will likely affect what transpires from awka appellate court.soludo might have a good case but it seems desperation from his camp is pushing them to recklessness, forcing courts to make foolish moves
Re: Appeal Court Affirms Soludo, Umeoji, Okeke Head To Supreme Court by Yusufisraelj(m): 8:47pm On Aug 10, 2021
seunmsg:
I just hope this back and forth between Oye and Okeke faction won’t negatively affect the campaign of Soludo. They should come together and reach some compromise in the interest of the party. Umeoji can not win the election without the backing of Obiano and Oye. He should stop playing the spoiler and allow Soludo concentrate on his campaign.

Like seriously, personally I want soludo to win as well. All this spanners in the works is just one bogus delay. November is fast approaching.
Re: Appeal Court Affirms Soludo, Umeoji, Okeke Head To Supreme Court by fergie001: 8:50pm On Aug 10, 2021
garfield1:
Very true.this judgment will likely affect what transpires from awka appellate court.soludo might have a good case but it seems desperation from his camp is pushing them to recklessness, forcing courts to make foolish moves
It is Oye.....the man acts so inexperienced for someone that has been there for years.

He is lucky the Gov wants him through and through despite pleas that he should let the man go.
Re: Appeal Court Affirms Soludo, Umeoji, Okeke Head To Supreme Court by garfield1: 8:54pm On Aug 10, 2021
fergie001:

It is Oye.....the man acts so inexperienced for someone that has been there for years.

He is lucky the Gov wants him through and through despite pleas that he should let the man go.

He didn't learn well from the great umeh.umeh has sensed danger hence why he is calling for mediation....I dont think the mistake is from oye,it is from obiano people who cannot operate stealthily
Re: Appeal Court Affirms Soludo, Umeoji, Okeke Head To Supreme Court by Ezewuzie01: 8:59pm On Aug 10, 2021
Congratulations to Soludo. We saw it coming though. Umeoji is a criminal interloper and his political career is near its end. With this nullification, the Awka High Court judgement affirming Soludo as authentic candidate of Apga takes precedence as it has not been successfully appealed against. Umeoji the criminal will now be battling on two fronts in his final farewell to politics.

2 Likes

Re: Appeal Court Affirms Soludo, Umeoji, Okeke Head To Supreme Court by Okwyjesus(m): 9:01pm On Aug 10, 2021
ursullalinda:
Please this Okeke guy should rest......for now Soludo is the only strong candidate we have in Anambra and we need a strong hand to pilot the affairs of the state.

Obiano should deal with him after Supreme court victory.

I guess someone is fueling the court case

1 Like

Re: Appeal Court Affirms Soludo, Umeoji, Okeke Head To Supreme Court by fergie001: 9:13pm On Aug 10, 2021
garfield1:
He didn't learn well from the great umeh.umeh has sensed danger hence why he is calling for mediation....I dont think the mistake is from oye,it is from obiano people who cannot operate stealthily
It is Oye.
Umeh specifically told Obiano not to support him for another term, accusing Oye of financial impropriety. Infact, Umeh stayed away from the Convention that produced Oye in 2019.

Umeh has practically stayed away from their activities until this conundrum. They had to call him to help them "reconcile" aggrieved members.
Re: Appeal Court Affirms Soludo, Umeoji, Okeke Head To Supreme Court by KillIgbohoN0W: 9:28pm On Aug 10, 2021
brightalo1010:
you few more years to type this. Your failure in life is caused by your parents not Buhari.

Buhari your father is a criminal minded terrorist
Re: Appeal Court Affirms Soludo, Umeoji, Okeke Head To Supreme Court by AnanseK(m): 9:34pm On Aug 10, 2021
tenpipsperday:

I think they will be better off in the east, at least they will eat food that humans eat instead of eating grass and scrambling raw cow milk with calf in the north. Next please.

Just listen to a genetic criminal shamelessly supporting evil. Onion thief talking about food.
Where humans eat humans cannot be where food is available.

1 Like

Re: Appeal Court Affirms Soludo, Umeoji, Okeke Head To Supreme Court by favour32(m): 9:44pm On Aug 10, 2021
Whick kind football be dis?
Assistant referee say na clean goal but central referee say usai,nor be goal!
Re: Appeal Court Affirms Soludo, Umeoji, Okeke Head To Supreme Court by gazza07(m): 10:31pm On Aug 10, 2021
North controls it all.
Aidejay:
All the way from Anambra state they went to Jigawa to collect judgement then Kano to collect appeal now they're coming to Abuja for supreme court ruling.
wonders shall never end grin
Re: Appeal Court Affirms Soludo, Umeoji, Okeke Head To Supreme Court by garfield1: 10:37pm On Aug 10, 2021
fergie001:

It is Oye.
Umeh specifically told Obiano not to support him for another term, accusing Oye of financial impropriety. Infact, Umeh stayed away from the Convention that produced Oye in 2019.

Umeh has practically stayed away from their activities until this conundrum. They had to call him to help them "reconcile" aggrieved members.

No wonder umeh hasn't been in the news.try and get the full details of today's judgment...
Meanwhile, odey and agi have gone back to court
Re: Appeal Court Affirms Soludo, Umeoji, Okeke Head To Supreme Court by garfield1: 10:38pm On Aug 10, 2021
Ezewuzie01:
Congratulations to Soludo. We saw it coming though. Umeoji is a criminal interloper and his political career is near its end. With this nullification, the Awka High Court judgement affirming Soludo as authentic candidate of Apga takes precedence as it has not been successfully appealed against. Umeoji the criminal will now be battling on two fronts in his final farewell to politics.

It cannot,moreover theres an appeal against it at the awka appeal court
Re: Appeal Court Affirms Soludo, Umeoji, Okeke Head To Supreme Court by fergie001: 10:42pm On Aug 10, 2021
garfield1:

No wonder umeh hasn't been in the news.try and get the full details of today's judgment...
Meanwhile, odey and agi have gone back to court
They are sure wasting time..an Appeal Court cannot review the decision of another Appeal Court, let alone one from the SC.

As much as I don't feel justice was done to this case..We are living in times of technicalities by our "Supreme Court." Very plenty technicalities.

The outcome is going to be the same. APC is using it to get a proper candidate at the HoR when Jarigbe leaves his seat.

Umeh and Oye till date are not best of friends.....Just that, the former cannot refuse Obiano's offer to help.

1 Like

Re: Appeal Court Affirms Soludo, Umeoji, Okeke Head To Supreme Court by garfield1: 10:57pm On Aug 10, 2021
fergie001:

They are sure wasting time..an Appeal Court cannot review the decision of another Appeal Court, let alone one from the SC.

As much as I don't feel justice was done to this case..We are living in times of technicalities by our "Supreme Court." Very plenty technicalities.

The outcome is going to be the same. APC is using it to get a proper candidate at the HoR when Jarigbe leaves his seat.

Umeh and Oye till date are not best of friends.....Just that, the former cannot refuse Obiano's offer to help.

Yes,going by amori vs omo agege jca 2016,they cannot but the appeal court is not as strict as the supreme plus it Gave reliefs that were not canvassed for
Re: Appeal Court Affirms Soludo, Umeoji, Okeke Head To Supreme Court by fergie001: 11:04pm On Aug 10, 2021
garfield1:

Yes,going by amori vs omo agege jca 2016,they cannot but the appeal court is not as strict as the supreme plus it Gave reliefs that were not canvassed for
Nothing can be done now.

Till 2023.
Re: Appeal Court Affirms Soludo, Umeoji, Okeke Head To Supreme Court by einsteine(m): 12:06am On Aug 11, 2021
Kano, Jigawa,

For Anambra matter.

How come we don't have litigation over election issues in the US?

Simple, because most of the politicians in the US actually want to serve. In Nigeria, it's about the economic benefits hence the do or die attitude. Imagine the long litigation between people who should work together for the improvement of their state. And to think the matter has to be decided in the courts of the North West
Re: Appeal Court Affirms Soludo, Umeoji, Okeke Head To Supreme Court by themanderon: 3:22am On Aug 11, 2021
Hope the supreme court will not give Anambra state the Imo state treatment?
Re: Appeal Court Affirms Soludo, Umeoji, Okeke Head To Supreme Court by Anambra1stSon(m): 3:42am On Aug 11, 2021
barbstee:

Don't even compare a state to a Bank!
Bank ke!
We are talking of the treasury of a whole state here. They can even use the state to borrow money
How much can they spend from the bank.will they liquidate the bank because of election?
Even Fidelity Bank is financially supporting team Obiano
Re: Appeal Court Affirms Soludo, Umeoji, Okeke Head To Supreme Court by Anambra1stSon(m): 3:45am On Aug 11, 2021
hedonido:

Soludo has access to the state's purse via Obiano, while the other guy has access to Zenith Bank's purse via his sister Adaora. This one na battle of the gods and it can go either way.... 50/50.
You forgot Fidelity Bank is also fighting Zenith
Re: Appeal Court Affirms Soludo, Umeoji, Okeke Head To Supreme Court by Ekpeitit(m): 5:37am On Aug 11, 2021
fergie0o1:

SOURCE

Umeoji, Okeke head to Supreme Court

SOURCE
Re: Appeal Court Affirms Soludo, Umeoji, Okeke Head To Supreme Court by Ekpeitit(m): 5:37am On Aug 11, 2021
Wetin concern us with Biafran election?
Re: Appeal Court Affirms Soludo, Umeoji, Okeke Head To Supreme Court by zoedew: 7:05am On Aug 11, 2021
Akwamkpuruamu:
Soludo is the next Governor
The typical Anambara voter would rather thumbs up for nri kingdom! Up APUGA!!! I heard the cock crow this morning!
Re: Appeal Court Affirms Soludo, Umeoji, Okeke Head To Supreme Court by olisaEze(m): 7:14am On Aug 11, 2021
They just keep running from pillar to post looking for which market (court) to buy the most favorable judgement from. undecided
Re: Appeal Court Affirms Soludo, Umeoji, Okeke Head To Supreme Court by brightalo1010: 12:08pm On Aug 12, 2021
KillIgbohoN0W:

Buhari your father is a criminal minded terrorist

Apart from this what else do you have to type nothing else, that shows how empty and pained you are. 8yrs of pain and agony.

You calling him Buhari while your god Kanu calling jubril shows how confuse you fools are.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tinubu Speaks On His Experience As A Presidential Aspirant / John Onaiyekan: Nigeria May Split Before 2023 Elections / Patience Jonathan Inaugurates Skill Acquisition Centre In Abuja (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.