Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,406 members, 7,812,202 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:58 AM

Tinubu Speaks On His Experience As A Presidential Aspirant - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Speaks On His Experience As A Presidential Aspirant (18677 Views)

Tinubu Speaks As Abba Kyari Takes Bill To Buhari In London / ‘is Evans A Herdsman?’ — Tinubu Speaks On Murder Of Fasoranti’s Daughter / Tinubu Speaks On Owning Company That Creates PVC, Card Readers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu Speaks On His Experience As A Presidential Aspirant by osinbanjoisaliar: 9:58am On Mar 29, 2022
Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, former Lagos State Governor and leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC) clocks 70 today. In a special commemorative interview, he speaks with TheNEWS/ on his consultative journeys across Nigeria, the feedback he has received. He speaks on the opposition PDP that wasted 16 years of opportunity to reshape Nigeria. He also releases snippets of his plans for Nigeria if given the chance to serve as president.

Excerpts:
After you told President Buhari about your presidential ambition, you have been going around the country for consultations about your intentions to contest the presidency in 2023. What did you tell President Buhari and what was his response?

Well, I discussed my ambition with the president that I would like to step into his shoe but not step on his toes. He had no objection. He said we are in a democracy, that I am entitled to aspire and that I should go out to let the public know instead of dilly-dallying, trying to dodge the media, as he had seen on several occasions.

I didn’t know he was paying attention to that. But I told him that I was dodging the media because I had not told him. He then said ‘‘go ahead.’’ I believe that I have his blessings. It was after our discussion that I made my ambition known to the public.

Apart from the president’s response, what kind of feedback have you been getting so far from other stakeholders and the public generally?

I have not enunciated my policy yet, but as I travel around the country, I have been explaining my determination, my capacity to govern, the ability to serve this nation that has a lot of challenges right now but that also has abundant resources both human and material.

The feedback is good. The types of people I have been consulting are not those who will bluntly look at you in the face and say ‘‘get out of here.’’ They accorded me the necessary respect and audience.

I am deeply touched by the encouragement of Awujale of Ijebuland, Oba Sikiru Adetona and other Obas. I cannot forget for the rest of my life what the 95-year-old Owa of Idanre, Oba Frederick Adegunle Aroloye, JP, OFR Gbolagunte Arubiefin IV did. He waited from 11’o’clock in the morning till 5 pm just to welcome me. That’s touching.

It was an emotional thing for me, and it strengthened my commitment to serve, to do well and to put human beings at the centre and priority of my administration if I am allowed to govern.

But some people – within the All Progressives Congress (APC), Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and the other parties have also signified their interest to contest the 2023 presidency. Why do you think you are the best?
I have a track record.

I have governed a state that is a microcosm of this country – Lagos State. I have navigated it from a brink of collapse. Some of you saw Lagos for what it was – the second or dirtiest capital city of a state in the world, you all wrote or read about it – the international classification of Lagos then.

But I faced the challenges squarely, tapped the best of human resources to think along with me, develop a blueprint and from the blueprint we developed a ten-point agenda as a must for Lagos to excel. And we’ve religiously adhered to that and Lagos has excelled – from N600 million a month in internal revenue, sometimes, less than N2 billion from FAAC to N45 billion a month in internally generated revenue.

If I were governing an independent Nigeria with sovereign wealth, I think I can bring the nation to excel very well with the human and capital resources that we are endowed with.

We have spent enough time talking about our potential, now is the time to realise our potential. The time is now and we don’t want to wait. The world is leaving us behind. We have talents – great talents in this country, we have men and women of vision and capacity to manage the affairs of our country.

I have demonstrated my capacity, my gift. I did it and you all, one way or the other, witnessed it. I still have the vision, the focus of a mission that can make Nigeria a better country for all of us.

Do you expect a very serious opposition to your ambition within your party?

As a democrat, you focus on your lane. You can’t win a relay race thinking about the baton alone. Go on your lane, maintain your lane, be focused, develop your can-do attitude and, straight ahead, go and win the race. So, I am not worried about some names being bandied around. I am not. If you concentrate on that you will be distracted from focusing, thinking on how to be a winning candidate. Winning is very, very important in a political race, that’s my focus.

Some critics have argued that except Nigeria is restructured, it might be difficult turning around the country now. Do you share such their views?
Nigeria is structured, in the form of six geopolitical zones as done by the military.

We adopted that Constitution, we adopted democracy. First of all, stabilize democratic governance, let’s have the stability, cater for the welfare of our people as a whole , as a nation. You just focus on that first and foremost. Don’t think of divisions, think of unity, stability.

Why should we concentrate on division and not things that will bring us together as a nation? That is the way I think. That is what I believe. It was reflected in my cabinet when I was the governor of Lagos State. I don’t care where you are from for as long as you can do the job. I give you the opportunity. You cannot? Get out of my cabinet.

My cabinet reflected the entire country. Prosperity and development in diversity are sweeter than blindly focusing on tribalism and language of differences and things like that. Our diversity should be used for opportunity and prosperity. Don’t engage in divisions, stay focused on what the nation needs

https://pmnewsnigeria.com/2022/03/29/exclusive-pdp-doesnt-know-economics-101-tinubu-speaks-on-mission-for-nigeria/

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu Speaks On His Experience As A Presidential Aspirant by LeoDeKing: 10:00am On Mar 29, 2022
As a democrat, you focus on your lane... Go on your lane, maintain your lane, be focused, develop your can-do attitude and, straight ahead, go and win the race.
Simple, direct and straight forward.

In sharp contrast to the variety of democracy practised by the head warmer gangs from Afghaneastern. cheesy

Very unfocused, abandoning their lane for Tinubu lane, coercive, aggressive, imposing, self entitled and very stupid. angry

90 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Tinubu Speaks On His Experience As A Presidential Aspirant by illicit(m): 10:01am On Mar 29, 2022
Nice one

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu Speaks On His Experience As A Presidential Aspirant by Odin13: 10:01am On Mar 29, 2022
This man is not understanding Buhari.. he was sneaking the Yoruba style, forgetting say Buhari Na former intel. Baba corner am.
.. and for him to believe say Na hype sef

He’s been hearing names .. . Tinubu is not even sure of this Contest

They’re blunt no mean say .. they no go hear wetin you wan talk.. this Yoruba people dey reason .. They disappointed you by not playing gods ..unlike you with your people

Rest Na bla’s

Someone should tell Tinubu he’s constesting for the office of the President.. not some Yoruba people obaship ..

... and then finally after looting and blundering Lagos state .. he wants to plunder and pillage Nigeria

Charity begins at home ..
Ogun
Ekiti
Osun
Oyo r
Are all poverty stricken states.. yet this Tinubu have not donated to the people of this state .. infrastructure or something of legacy to his people.. knowing how tribalist ..
Na Nigerians and Nigeria he wan work

Yoruba man

Tribalistic Tinubu Must Contest

Must

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tinubu Speaks On His Experience As A Presidential Aspirant by Kingozymandias(m): 10:03am On Mar 29, 2022
Interesting times indeed
Re: Tinubu Speaks On His Experience As A Presidential Aspirant by LeoDeKing: 10:04am On Mar 29, 2022
As a democrat, you focus on your lane... Go on your lane, maintain your lane, be focused, develop your can-do attitude and, straight ahead, go and win the race. So, I am not worried about some names being bandied
Though this remark is for apc members, it covers all the small rats who want to add "one time presidential aspirant" to their cv. grin

Names like Peter Obi, Ken Nnamani and Wike. grin

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Speaks On His Experience As A Presidential Aspirant by osinbanjoisaliar: 10:05am On Mar 29, 2022
I too like Buhari Aswear. Translation b Na me u dey tell say u wan contest. I resemble your papa

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tinubu Speaks On His Experience As A Presidential Aspirant by Aufbauh(m): 10:07am On Mar 29, 2022
Surely the political dynamics of 2023 will be entirely different from 2019. This time around Mr President will be interested in who should succeed him.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Speaks On His Experience As A Presidential Aspirant by liftedud(m): 10:12am On Mar 29, 2022
Soon and very soon
Re: Tinubu Speaks On His Experience As A Presidential Aspirant by MonkeyMods(m): 10:15am On Mar 29, 2022
When will this man learn that he's dealing with a green snake who won't hesitate to bite him in the ass at the slightest opportunity

Tilumbu Buhari don't care about you.

You imposed him (your choice) on Nigerians. Allow him impose his choice on Nigerians too

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Speaks On His Experience As A Presidential Aspirant by Odin13: 10:18am On Mar 29, 2022
The god of yorubaland has spoken.. his worshippers go so flood to adore the criminal

Tinubu Must Contest

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu Speaks On His Experience As A Presidential Aspirant by LeoDeKing: 10:18am On Mar 29, 2022
[s]
osinbanjoisaliar:
I too like Buhari Aswear. Translation b Na me u dey tell say u wan contest. I resemble your papa
Odin13:
The god of yorubaland has spoken.. his worshippers go so flood to adore the criminal
Tinubu Must Contest
[/s]
Take simple advice and focus on your Peter Obi or athifku.

Go on your lane, maintain your lane, be focused, develop your can-do attitude and, straight ahead, go and win the race.
Jagaban of Nigeria

28 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Tinubu Speaks On His Experience As A Presidential Aspirant by Odin13: 10:21am On Mar 29, 2022
LeoDeKing:

Take simple advice and focus on your Peter Obi or athifku.

Yoruba being scared like his god.. and if they refuse..

Tinubu is an idiot .. Yoruba god

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Speaks On His Experience As A Presidential Aspirant by Racoon(m): 10:25am On Mar 29, 2022
Seems this one is yet to get the subtle message be passed @ him. The ship have long set sail.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Speaks On His Experience As A Presidential Aspirant by LeoDeKing: 10:26am On Mar 29, 2022
[s]
Odin13:

Yoruba being scared like his god.. and if they refuse..

Tinubu is an idiot .. Yoruba god
[/s]
Go on your lane, maintain your lane, be focused, develop your can-do attitude and, straight ahead, go and win the race.
Jagaban of Nigeria

Also, I thought Tinubu stands no chance and is inconsequential. angry

Why are congo jews always attracted to any report when the name Tinubu is attached?

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tinubu Speaks On His Experience As A Presidential Aspirant by princdebola201(m): 10:27am On Mar 29, 2022
Odin13:
This man is not understanding Buhari.. he was sneaking the Yoruba style, forgetting say Buhari Na former intel. Baba corner am.

They’re blunt no mean say .. they no go hear wetin you wan talk.. this Yoruba people dey reason .. They disappointed you by not playing gods ..unlike you with your people

Rest Na bla’s

Someone should tell Tinubu he’s constesting for the office of the President.. not some Yoruba people obaship ..

... and then finally after looting and blundering Lagos state .. he wants to plunder and pillage Nigeria

Ogun
Ekiti
Osun
Oyo r
Are all poverty stricken states.. yet this Tinubu have not donated to the people of this state .. infrastructure or something of legacy to his people.. knowing how tribalist ..

Yoruba man

Must
nyamiri that his ancestor only rule by coup which lasted for 6 months is teaching others how to play politicscheesycheesy

More like Watford that has never won uefa champions league teaching Liverpool how to win the competition

89 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Tinubu Speaks On His Experience As A Presidential Aspirant by Odin13: 10:27am On Mar 29, 2022
LeoDeKing:
[s][/s]

Also, I thought Tinubu stands no chance and is inconsequential. angry

Why are congo jews always attracted to any report when the name Tinubu is attached?

Yoruba gibberish .. very trashy

Tinubu is a fool .. Yoruba god.. Na only his Yoruba urchins dey worship and adore a rotten mouth druggie

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Speaks On His Experience As A Presidential Aspirant by LeoDeKing: 10:28am On Mar 29, 2022
[s]
Racoon:
Seems this one is yet to get the subtle message be passed @ him. The ship have long set sail.
[/s]
I thought Buhari Jubrin from Sudan is lifeless?

Do lifeless beings pass subtle message?

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tinubu Speaks On His Experience As A Presidential Aspirant by Odin13: 10:28am On Mar 29, 2022
princdebola201:
nyamiri that his ancestor only rule by coup which lasted for only 6 months is teaching others how to play politicscheesycheesy

More like Watford that has never won uefa champions league teaching Liverpool how to win the competition

Says a Yoruba man grin

The word Yoruba .. for me ..

Yoruba grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Speaks On His Experience As A Presidential Aspirant by princdebola201(m): 10:31am On Mar 29, 2022
Odin13:

Says a Yoruba man grin

The word Yoruba .. for me ..

Yoruba grin
i bet you re the biggest political analyst in nyamiri land

88 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Tinubu Speaks On His Experience As A Presidential Aspirant by LeoDeKing: 10:33am On Mar 29, 2022
Odin13:

Yoruba gibberish .. very trashy

Tinubu is a fool .. Yoruba god.. Na only his Yoruba urchins dey worship and adore a rotten mouth druggie
E don turn to direct insult? grin

Oya, go carry the presidency na.

Shebi na your turn. grin

29 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Tinubu Speaks On His Experience As A Presidential Aspirant by Odin13: 10:34am On Mar 29, 2022
Tinubu Must Contest
And every living Yoruba must vote for him.. is a duty and obligation to vote for their god.

What’s he even saying .. Buhari see you sneaking .. even when you ask where are the cows .. he was observing

When he was call national leader grin Buhari Dey observe
He Dey make broadcast for Edo.

Now you dey fool your fellow Yoruba ..
He gat your blessings but , his ship has sailed

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Speaks On His Experience As A Presidential Aspirant by ajewolea: 10:34am On Mar 29, 2022
"Enu ose"
Re: Tinubu Speaks On His Experience As A Presidential Aspirant by Odin13: 10:35am On Mar 29, 2022
princdebola201:
i bet you re the biggest political analyst in nyamiri land

k
Re: Tinubu Speaks On His Experience As A Presidential Aspirant by Alexpre11: 10:35am On Mar 29, 2022
Counting down
Re: Tinubu Speaks On His Experience As A Presidential Aspirant by sotall(m): 10:35am On Mar 29, 2022
lipsrsealed
Re: Tinubu Speaks On His Experience As A Presidential Aspirant by Sannisege: 10:35am On Mar 29, 2022
Odin13:

Rest Na bla’s

Ogun
Ekiti
Osun
Oyo r

Yoruba man

Must
trash from an Mpuru mmiri Addict

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu Speaks On His Experience As A Presidential Aspirant by SensualMan: 10:35am On Mar 29, 2022
Tinubu ati Tolombo!

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

If The Late Ghanaian President Died In Nigeria: / Army Sacked Officers For Not Helping APC - Premium Times / PDP Director Of Media And Publicity In Kaduna State Caught Instigating Violence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.