Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,193 members, 7,839,063 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:10 PM

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (317) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (4637845 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (314) (315) (316) (317) (318) (319) (320) ... (6213) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 2:42am On Jul 22, 2014
Austeenx: `I want to know why Andoni Zubizarretta is FC Barcelona's sporting director.
It's quite saddening.. A whole FCB get the worst Sporting Director in the world. If not for all time sef...
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 2:43am On Jul 22, 2014
homesteady: I just realised that song is still a barca player, like WTH!
Of course he still is... Abi na you wan buy am ni? Hehehehehe. Buyer no gree come ooooooooo. winkcheesy
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by rozayx5(m): 5:36am On Jul 22, 2014
this our sporting director and board no be am sad sad
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by sebod(m): 6:50am On Jul 22, 2014
bykebyke:
Am looking at the age of the Guy...Will Zubi die if he gets Hummels
Hummels is heading to Man United with just around 16m. Another big blow to Fcb.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by honeric01(m): 6:56am On Jul 22, 2014
dmcdad:
Yeah! Three of them did player in our last preseason match. Frank Bagnack, Diagne and one other guy. Two played in the first half occupying the 5&6 positions. The other paired Bartra in the second half.

Oh ok, you have confidence in them?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 7:25am On Jul 22, 2014
sebod:
Hummels is heading to Man United with just around 16m. Another big blow to Fcb.
And we are getting this Jeremy for 20m...

Please who has Zubi's address angry..Am asking for a friend!! grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AbuMikey(m): 8:10am On Jul 22, 2014
bykebyke:
And we are getting this Jeremy for 20m...

Please who has Zubi's address angry..Am asking for a friend!! grin

That Man needs to be shot in his balls, brought back to life and shot in the Head angry
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 8:13am On Jul 22, 2014
honeric01:

Oh ok, you have confidence in them?
Yeah... They have been getting rave reviews and it's just a matter of time before they become world class.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 8:14am On Jul 22, 2014
AbuMikey:

That Man needs to be shot in his balls, brought back to life and shot in the Head angry
Hehehehehe.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by coded01: 8:34am On Jul 22, 2014
AbuMikey:

Wicked... grin grin grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by coded01: 8:40am On Jul 22, 2014
Team B plus few Main players... cool

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by honeric01(m): 9:22am On Jul 22, 2014
dmcdad:
Yeah... They have been getting rave reviews and it's just a matter of time before they become world class.

Just like Bartra cheesy

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by cisse7575(m): 12:00pm On Jul 22, 2014
our last season problems were not in the defense line alone, but upfront as well. we conceded less than real Madrid but they beat us upfront. our over reliance on Messi caused that. hopefully we solve the upfront problem with Suarez (but his ban)....and we got a new defender who has just 2 seasons( my opinion).

Our main problems are Alba and Alves whose overlapping caused us our 7-0 humiliations...last two season

Enrique needs to work more on those two sides
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by honeric01(m): 12:54pm On Jul 22, 2014
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AbuMikey(m): 2:25pm On Jul 22, 2014
honeric01: Lionel Messi Discussed Possible Shock Arsenal Move With Cesc Fabregas This Summer

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2014/07/22/lionel-messi-discussed-possible-shock-arsenal-move-with-cesc-fabregas-this-summer/
hahahahha...... gringrin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Tval(m): 3:58pm On Jul 22, 2014
honeric01: Lionel Messi Discussed Possible Shock Arsenal Move With Cesc Fabregas This Summer

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2014/07/22/lionel-messi-discussed-possible-shock-arsenal-move-with-cesc-fabregas-this-summer/

Is this supposed to be a joke? cheesy
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by RAKITIC: 4:32pm On Jul 22, 2014
Guys it seems XAVI is staying
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by honeric01(m): 5:03pm On Jul 22, 2014
Tval:

Is this supposed to be a joke? cheesy

Arsenal of all places, can they even afford 400m? grin grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 5:04pm On Jul 22, 2014
RAKITIC: Guys it seems XAVI is staying
Yeah...
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 6:24pm On Jul 22, 2014
very happy with the signing of jeremy mathieus. even though we shouldnt have paid more than 8 million! some say he's 31 but let's just wish him the best and hope he stays as strong as puyol, terry, abidal or jamie carragher who played very well at 33. he can put in 2 solid years and bartra replaces him, it's better than nothing.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by philfearon(m): 7:05pm On Jul 22, 2014
In my opinion,Mathieu is a better signing to Hummels..
1)He wanted to come..That's the desire of someone who wants to give his all..He even went as far as pushing through the transfer..That is courage and dedication..But the reverse is the case with Hummels..
2)Experience..Mathieu will bring experience to the back line..Pique is 27yrs whereas Hummels is 25yrs and Mathieu is 30yrs..Pique can't possibly be pleased to be receiving instructions from his junior both football-wise and otherwise..But he will listen to Mathieu...
3)Mathieu knows the league..no need for any adaptation and acclimatization again...
4) Hummels is over hyped..Subotic is actually Dortmunds defence Lynch pin!!!!
My humble opinion

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 7:54pm On Jul 22, 2014
philfearon: In my opinion,Mathieu is a better signing to Hummels..
1)He wanted to come..That's the desire of someone who wants to give his all..He even went as far as pushing through the transfer..That is courage and dedication..But the reverse is the case with Hummels..
2)Experience..Mathieu will bring experience to the back line..Pique is 27yrs whereas Hummels is 25yrs and Mathieu is 30yrs..Pique can't possibly be pleased to be receiving instructions from his junior both football-wise and otherwise..But he will listen to Mathieu...
3)Mathieu knows the league..no need for any adaptation and acclimatization again...
My humble opinion
your score! 4/4. very correct.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 8:07pm On Jul 22, 2014
We've sold Bojan cry

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 8:31pm On Jul 22, 2014
My humble opinion
Your opinion is spot on. It would have been a disaster if we had brought in Hummels. You know why? The answer is Piqué! Although Hummels is a better version of Piqué, that doesn't hide the fact that they are both slow players.

Don't get me wrong people! Hummels is a decent defender with a wealth of experience and good positional play. And one would wanna argue that for one who was great for Germany throughout the World Cup, it would have been a great signing. But honestly, the reverse would have been the case here as Germany play a different kinda football compared to Barca. In a team like Madrid, he would thrive greatly because they play counter-attacking football and as such doesn't keep the backline exposed as opposed to us. We maintain a highline at the back to combine well with the midfield and join in the play. The downside of this is that it exposes us to counter-attacks. And so, we need rather fast players. If we have not got Piqué, then Hummels wouldn't have been a bad idea with his good positional play and experience. But we can't have two snails as CBs or it would be suicidal.

Ever wonder why Piqué and Bartra played very limited matches together last season? It was mostly either Piqué - Mascherano or Mascherano-Bartra.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by coded01: 8:33pm On Jul 22, 2014
My humble opinion

cool

3 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by coded01: 8:34pm On Jul 22, 2014
dmcdad:
Your opinion is spot on. It would have been a disaster if we had brought in Hummels. You know why? The answer is Piqué! Although Hummels is a better version of Piqué, that doesn't hide the fact that they are both slow players.

Don't get me wrong people! Hummels is a decent defender with a wealth of experience and good positional play. And one would wanna argue that for one who was great for Germany throughout the World Cup, it would have been a great signing. But honestly, the reverse would have been the case here as Germany play a different kinda football compared to Barca. In a team like Madrid, he would thrive greatly because they play counter-attacking football and as such doesn't keep the backline exposed as opposed to us. We maintain a highline at the back to combine well with the midfield and join in the play. The downside of this is that it exposes us to counter-attacks. And so, we need rather fast players. If we have not got Piqué, then Hummels wouldn't have been a bad idea with his good positional play and experience. But we can't have two snails as CBs or it would be suicidal.

Ever wonder why Piqué and Bartra played very limited matches together last season? It was mostly either Piqué - Mascherano or Mascherano-Bartra.

The same Hummels, Messi outplayed... grin

The same guy that was running behind Messi... grin grin grin

Please, when is BLIND coming jare? I learnt he is having fun @ barcelona beach... grin cheesy cool

http://www.totalbarca.com/2014/news/the-front-mundo-deportivo-20-7-2014/

2 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 8:46pm On Jul 22, 2014
coded01:

The same Hummels, Messi outplayed... grin

The same guy that was running behind Messi... grin grin grin

Please, when is BLIND coming jare? I learnt he is having fun @ barcelona beach... grin cheesy cool

http://www.totalbarca.com/2014/news/the-front-mundo-deportivo-20-7-2014/
Hehehehehe. His vacation is over already and I guess he already left or will ve leaving maybe tomorrow or thereabouts.

What position do you need him to occupy?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by coded01: 8:48pm On Jul 22, 2014
dmcdad:
Hehehehehe. His vacation is over already and I guess he already left or will ve leaving maybe tomorrow or thereabouts.

What position do you need him to occupy?

Anyone is ok as far as he is capable! cheesy

DM, Left Back or CB! wink ---- Maybe a Super-Sub or Alternate Positions... cool

Like i said, wherever he is capable... cool

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 8:52pm On Jul 22, 2014
coded01:

Anyone is ok as far as he is capable!

DM, Left Back or CB!

Like i said, wherever he is capable... cool
I think we should adress our main problems and leave others for now... The guy ain't no CB and for the positions he does occupy, we have got ourselves covered which are DM and LB. Must we sign players and always play them out of positions? What's wrong in getting players who play in their natural positions? This is the same reason I am being sceptical about the potential acquisition of Cuadrado.

Enough is a word for the wise.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by honeric01(m): 9:47pm On Jul 22, 2014
philfearon:
My humble opinion

When in the office and idle, i play FIFA 14, do you know that i ditched Hummels for Subotic? my Defenders are "Abate/Montoya, Pique/Bartra, Subotic and Alba/Alaba
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by honeric01(m): 9:50pm On Jul 22, 2014
I dont think we need any more player.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by coded01: 10:03pm On Jul 22, 2014
dmcdad:
I think we should adress our main problems and leave others for now... The guy ain't no CB and for the positions he does occupy, we have got ourselves covered which are DM and LB. Must we sign players and always play them out of positions? What's wrong in getting players who play in their natural positions? This is the same reason I am being sceptical about the potential acquisition of Cuadrado.

Enough is a word for the wise.

List those players ... wink

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (314) (315) (316) (317) (318) (319) (320) ... (6213) (Reply)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Kayyy, BykeLaByke, ThierryJay, Vischy, jpmoriarti(m), hustleranthem(m), a4turitoroman and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.