Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,792 members, 7,862,621 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 09:03 PM

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (6213) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (4672773 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6210) (6211) (6212) (6213) (6214) (6215) (6216) ... (6233) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ThierryJay: 11:29am On May 24
Kilishihunter:
Hansi Flick is our new coach, it's almost official

But Guillem Ballague said yesterday that this news was just a red herring that was deliberately leaked by the Barca board to the press for whatsoever reason. He claimed that the reported move for Hansi is more of a hoax. That there has actually been no activity towards Hansi by the Barca hierarchy that'll support the news going round.

So what do we believe?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Ijustwantto: 11:56am On May 24
When are they going to make hansi flick official cheesy
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Ijustwantto: 12:00pm On May 24
Thank you Xavi for all you have done. You will forever be a club legend. Gracias cheesy grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Vischy: 12:14pm On May 24
Ijustwantto:
Thank you Xavi for all you have done. You will forever be a club legend. Gracias cheesy grin

Flick is gonna need.money to create his team which l know Barca doesn't have and l. don't know if he's gonna fancy la.marsia boys.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Kilishihunter: 12:43pm On May 24
ThierryJay:

But Guillem Ballague said yesterday that this news was just a red herring that was deliberately leaked by the Barca board to the press for whatsoever reason. He claimed that the reported move for Hansi is more of a hoax. That there has actually been no activity towards Hansi by the Barca hierarchy that'll support the news going round.

So what do we believe?
Guillem ballague is a waffler, he's also an espanyol fan so you get the background plus he also got the Messi staying report all round, I wonder where he got his sources from as a BBC journalist, many top Barça sources reported Deco and bojan would meet Flick in London, even Fabrizio tapped from them late
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Kilishihunter: 12:47pm On May 24
Vischy:

Flick is gonna need.money to create his team which l know Barca doesn't have and l. don't know if he's gonna fancy la.marsia boys.
We don't need to buy a new starting eleven for Flick before he gets to work, just 2 or 3 players which we are working on to buy with money immediately we know our FFP space
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by BykeLaByke: 12:49pm On May 24
Hate how this Xavi sack happened.

I wanted it to be on the back of 3defeats in five games next season for trying to suck the joy of football out of me.

The fucking imp.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by andrewbaba44: 12:52pm On May 24
Vischy:

If flick no fit do with 3 signings then he is stupid

Look my squad and tell me how many things we Dey lack ,you want make we buy new starting 11 like Chelsea Abi grin

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Kilishihunter: 12:54pm On May 24
I like this one year + one optional contract given to Flick, if he can build something promising he triggers the additional year, if he doesn't it's goodbye amigo
Players like Raphinha, gavi, Fermin, Raphinha, roque and araujo if they stay should benefit, I'm just afraid for Pedri cause of his injuries and lamine cause of his age but we'll need to get a CDM and LW, at least ferran and Garcia should be sold and these Zubimendi links would die once and for all, we're in the modern football era, even pep doesn't really play tiki taka again just a modified version with more directness
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Awadi(m): 1:04pm On May 24
andrewbaba44:

Look my squad and tell me how many things we Dey lack ,you want make we buy new starting 11 like Chelsea Abi grin

Barcelona doesn't have depth small injury have distablise everything
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by BykeLaByke: 1:06pm On May 24
Hopefully Flick recognizes the big problem before it costs him too.

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by brandon180(m): 1:07pm On May 24
Xavi sacked
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jpmoriarti(m): 1:08pm On May 24
Not pleased 😕
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ThierryJay: 1:10pm On May 24
Kilishihunter:

Guillem ballague is a waffler, he's also an espanyol fan so you get the background plus he also got the Messi staying report all round, I wonder where he got his sources from as a BBC journalist, many top Barça sources reported Deco and bojan would meet Flick in London, even Fabrizio tapped from them late

Oh okay, the context is noted. Somehow he had seemed to me all these years as sb who had leanings towards Barca, hence my reference to him. At least Xavi's sack is now confirmed.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Vischy: 1:12pm On May 24
Awadi:

Barcelona doesn't have depth small injury have distablise everything

Real truth,no depth and flick is not one to rely on academy.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Vischy: 1:15pm On May 24
andrewbaba44:

You need more than 3 signings unless you want to deceive yourself.

Barca squad is far from decent compared to real Madrid yet Mbappe and endrick are coming in.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by oliverano: 1:15pm On May 24
Vischy:

Real truth,no depth and flick is not one to rely on academy.

wink wink wink

Thanks for your concern but don't worry too much. Let Barca and Flick worry about this...
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by oliverano: 1:16pm On May 24
grin grin grin grin

Meanwhile, goodbye Chavi!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Ijustwantto: 1:17pm On May 24
cheesy cheesy dem carry the matta for head. Let Xavi go and coach the National team since he love Spanish players grin
oliverano:

wink wink wink

Thanks for your concern but don't worry too much. Let Barca and Flick worry about this...
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Kilishihunter: 1:18pm On May 24
oliverano:

wink wink wink

I just tire, Chelsea fan worrying about our team than us
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by oliverano: 1:18pm On May 24
andrewbaba44:

Andrew, don't worry. Let Flick get to work fess. Allow media to keep talking grin grin grin grin grin grin

Mid season we'll know if he needs signings to perform or not. He knew where we are before accepting the job so....

No need to worry sir 😜😜😜😜
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by oliverano: 1:19pm On May 24
Kilishihunter:

I just tire, Chelsea fan worrying about our team than us

grin grin grin grin

Chelsea actually wanted Flick so I understand...
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Vischy: 1:20pm On May 24
oliverano:

wink wink wink

Alright,Xavi might have his lapses but he has tried a lot with the much he is given in transfers and he has done credible work in bringing in yamal,curbasi,fort,lopez etc into first team.

And if I'm serious there's no way Barca could have won the league last season and I'm not sure about the coming season
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Ijustwantto: 1:21pm On May 24
Xavi Hernandez at Barcelona. 141 games, 89 wins, 23 draws, 29 defeats, 1 laliga title and 1 Spanish super cup. Thank you Xavi, welcome hansi cheesy

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by oliverano: 1:23pm On May 24
Vischy:

Alright,Xavi might have his lapses but he has tried a lot with the much he is given in transfers and he has done credible work in bringing in yamal,curbasi,fort,lopez etc into first team.

And if I'm serious there's no way Barca could have won the league last season and I'm not sure about the coming season

Alright, we appreciate him for winning us the title but he didn't improve Barca after winning the league that's why we wanted a change.

Same way you're happy Poch is gone...
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Kilishihunter: 1:23pm On May 24
With all being said laporta handled this xavi situation in the worst possible way
Now he'll not only be blamed for only Messi and koeman 's departure but xavi's too, I feel bad and im really grateful to him for bringing out of the trenches to be able to at least compete titles, Gracias Legend
But then sentiments have to be dropped aside for the greater good of the club, Xavi for all his goodwill and ambition had reached the end of the road with the squad concerning experience and sentiments, sentiments is the reason why we have only 5 UCL titles today
Hopefully any non performing player or deadwood would be shown the door or benched for the more hungry ones
Bienvendo Hansi Flick 🔵🔴

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Vischy: 1:25pm On May 24
oliverano:

Alright, we appreciate him for winning us the title but he didn't improve Barca after winning the league that's why we wanted a change.

Same way you're happy Poch is gone...

Not entirely his faults when Barca is thin on budget. He sincerely tried though.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by oliverano: 1:26pm On May 24
Kilishihunter:
With all being said laporta handled this xavi situation in the worst possible way
Now he'll not only be blamed for only Messi and koeman 's departure but xavi's too, I feel bad and im really grateful to him for bringing out of the trenches to be able to at least compete titles, Gracias Legend
But then sentiments have to be dropped aside for the greater good of the club, Xavi for all his goodwill and ambition had reached the end of the road with the squad concerning experience and sentiments, sentiments is the reason why we have only 5 UCL titles today
Hopefully any non performing player or deadwood would be shown the door or benched for the more hungry ones
Bienvendo Hansi Flick 🔵🔴

You've summarised our current situation!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by khingTony(m): 1:29pm On May 24
In as much as I don't like the way Xavi was treated, I feel it's what is best for the club, if you want to be successful as a business man, you don't put emotions and sentiments first, you do what is best for your business regardless of how bad you'll feel afterwards.

Xavi is a good coach but he is not what we need at the moment, Xavi lacks tactics and ideas, most of the time, individual brilliance makes up for him and other times, individual mistakes hangs him, but in all, we need a coach that tactically win games.

We keep talking about the Barcelona DNA but I think that's what brought us to this rabbit hole that we find ourselves in at the moment, we don't have and cannot afford the quality to play the 'Barcelona' way anymore, sadly though.

What I care about right now is results, if we win the champions League while playing 'haram' football, I don't mind anymore because the embarrassment on European nights has been too much to bear

I support the dismissal of Xavi even though I like him, but he's not the sort of coach that can lead us anywhere, yes, he won La Liga in his first season but that was it! That was all! We got beaten by A Manchester United team that Sevilla trashed in the Europa League, that's poor, very poor!

We move! and while at it we'll get to witness what the new manager has for us

🔵🔴

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by oliverano: 1:30pm On May 24
Vischy:

Not entirely his faults when Barca is thin on budget. He sincerely tried though.

It's true and you're right....

He tried but at Barca trying isn't enough.

Same way you berate arsenal for sticking with Arteta is same way you'll denigrate us if we stick with Chavi for too long with nothing to show.

You said Atrtea won't last that long at Chelsea, zero chance Xavi is staying more than what he's done here without trophies and good play style. This is Barca ooo. This is Barca, not arsenal, not Chelsea.

It was time to go and I'm glad he's gone but Laporta handled the situation like an aging grandma suffering from amnesia.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Kilishihunter: 1:35pm On May 24
oliverano:

grin grin grin grin

Chelsea actually wanted Flick so I understand...
Tbh I'm actually surprised he snubbed Chelsea with more money and a better salary package than us, I also read Bayern held talks with him about coming back, For him to wait for the squad even after laporta begged xavi to stay and also accept a mere 1+1 optional contract when the minimum is 2 years is kinda suspicious, maybe he sees something in this team we're not seeing or maybe he feels this could be his best chance to land another top profile job after being without work for long, remember laporta wanted him at first before he moved to Germany though the financial situation was much worse, I'll looking forward to see what he has to offer but I'm also cautious
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Kilishihunter: 1:39pm On May 24
khingTony:
In as much as I don't like the way Xavi was treated, I feel it's what is best for the club, if you want to be successful as a business man, you don't put emotions and sentiments first, you do what is best for your business regardless of how bad you'll feel afterwards.

Xavi is a good coach but he is not what we need at the moment, Xavi lacks tactics and ideas, most of the time, individual brilliance makes up for him and other times, individual mistakes hangs him, but in all, we need a coach that tactically win games.

We keep talking about the Barcelona DNA but I think that's what brought us to this rabbit hole that we find ourselves in at the moment, we don't have and cannot afford the quality to play the 'Barcelona' way anymore, sadly though.

What I care about right now is results, if we win the champions League while playing 'haram' football, I don't mind anymore because the embarrassment on European nights has been too much to bear

I support the dismissal of Xavi even though I like him, but he's not the sort of coach that can lead us anywhere, yes, he won La Liga in his first season but that was it! That was all! We got beaten by A Manchester United team that Sevilla trashed in the Europa League, that's poor, very poor!

We move! and while at it we'll get to witness what the new manager has for us

🔵🔴
Xavi needs to go and get more experience to be at the very top, I don't know if he'll agree to come back but I hope to see a more fine tuned version of him in the future at the club if God gives us life but for now we need results and competitiveness
I hope this doesn't stop from this but also concerning the players so we can have a solid team by the time the transfer window is over, who no wan renew or no good make them sell am even if na our favourites

(1) (2) (3) ... (6210) (6211) (6212) (6213) (6214) (6215) (6216) ... (6233) (Reply)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.