Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,623 members, 7,823,746 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:21 PM

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3208) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (4613404 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3205) (3206) (3207) (3208) (3209) (3210) (3211) ... (6200) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by hopefulLandlord: 9:24am On Aug 16, 2018
homesteady:

You guys bringing up Xavi into the matter has even made me see more reasons to agree with those who are saying he is dispensable.
Like I said In my previous post, Madrid have been relying on Crosses into the box, which has little to do with midfield ingenuity. That's why Marcelo is miles more important than Kroos.
If Kroos was that good, madrid would not resort to defending and counter attacks like scared bitches whenever they meet top opponents. Barcelona never did that while Xavi was there, that's how you know how good your midfield is.

Yeah, poor Xavi did the possession game all alone while Iniesta, Busquets and Messi were just peripheral in that regard. it would've been easier for him If only he had Almighty pass master and la masia graduate called Casimiro behind him instead of poor possession Busquets or tip tap la masia graduate Gareth bale instead of pace merchant Messi

Put Xavi in present Madrid in place of Kroos and they would only play possession every game. put him in even Conte's Chelsea and the same would happen

Remind me though what style did Spain play this just concluded world cup without Xavi? how was their possession game without the possession legend Xavi?

4 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by madrid5: 9:26am On Aug 16, 2018
homesteady:

You guys bringing up Xavi into the matter has even made me see more reasons to agree with those who are saying he is dispensable.
Like I said In my previous post, Madrid have been relying on Crosses into the box, which has little to do with midfield ingenuity. That's why Marcelo is miles more important than Kroos.
If Kroos was that good, madrid would not resort to defending and counter attacks like scared bitches whenever they meet top opponents. Barcelona never did that while Xavi was there, that's how you know how good your midfield is.
dani alves was miles more important than xavi too

3 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by LethargiQue: 9:57am On Aug 16, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

Just an observation. close to 90% of those awards Xavi won are when he was older than present Kroos. Kroos already won more trophies and had more individual awards than Xavi had at 28. I'm not saying he's better than Xavi though make of that what you will wink

Onto the discussion

You probably weren't on that thread so you didn't see what some Barca fans were saying. the discussion started when someone was saying Deburyne is better than Kroos

some guy coutinho14 said Kroos makes 1000 accurate passes per game but barely creates any chance. asides the fact that this is false. This cheap shot at Kroos came from someone who thinks Xavi is better than Deburyne

We also brought up team and individual awards which Kroos trumps Deburyne like a he were a professor and Deburyne a primary school student. excuse was brought up about Kroos playing with Modrić, Casimiro, Schweinsteiger, Martinez, Ozil, Gotze amongst others for those team trophies then said he made those individual trophies out of those team trophies he was lucky to win by team effort. They say Kroos is playing with better players which make him look better than he really is while Deburyne was awesome at lowly Wolfsburg

Of course we brought up Xavi being lucky to play alongside Iniesta, Messi and Busquets at Barcelona while also having iniesta, Busquets and Alonso in La Roja. so Deburyne is definitely also better than Xavi

To cut the long story short, every single thing they were bringing up to diminish Kroos when comparing him to Deburyne could be used to diminish Xavi if we compare him to Deburyne too. It was just a way to show how illogical their points are as they're focused on goals and assists to compare an attacking central midfielder and a controlling central midfielder

I honestly thought Messi was the one lucky enough to play alongside xavi?

Please let our words agree
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by hopefulLandlord: 10:03am On Aug 16, 2018
LethargiQue:

I honestly thought Messi was the one lucky enough to play alongside xavi?

Please let our words agree

I think you should direct this at those madridistas and Balugranas that argue who's better between Messi and Ronaldo. I avoid involving myself in such if I can help it

2 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by phaamsaam: 10:49am On Aug 16, 2018
Kroos, De Bruyne, modric can't lace pirlo shoes, it is Xavi you are comparing them to, Xavi was in a class of his own, watch 2008-2012

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by homesteady(m): 11:45am On Aug 16, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

Just an observation. close to 90% of those awards Xavi won are when he was older than present Kroos. Kroos already won more trophies and had more individual awards than Xavi had at 28. I'm not saying he's better than Xavi though make of that what you will wink

This doesn't mean anything, it just happens that the peak of their careers came at different ages. Now comparing the peak of their careers, from 2014-2018 has been Kroos peak years, you and I know his post 2018 career would never be better than those 4 years I mentioned. Xavi won all those individual awards during the peak of his career (2008-2012), while Kroos didn't get half as much during his peak.

Onto the discussion

You probably weren't on that thread so you didn't see what some Barca fans were saying. the discussion started when someone was saying Deburyne is better than Kroos

some guy coutinho14 said Kroos makes 1000 accurate passes per game but barely creates any chance. asides the fact that this is false. This cheap shot at Kroos came from someone who thinks Xavi is better than Deburyne

We also brought up team and individual awards which Kroos trumps Deburyne like a he were a professor and Deburyne a primary school student. excuse was brought up about Kroos playing with Modrić, Casimiro, Schweinsteiger, Martinez, Ozil, Gotze amongst others for those team trophies then said he made those individual trophies out of those team trophies he was lucky to win by team effort. They say Kroos is playing with better players which make him look better than he really is while Deburyne was awesome at lowly Wolfsburg

Of course we brought up Xavi being lucky to play alongside Iniesta, Messi and Busquets at Barcelona while also having iniesta, Busquets and Alonso in La Roja. so Deburyne is definitely also better than Xavi

To cut the long story short, every single thing they were bringing up to diminish Kroos when comparing him to Deburyne could be used to diminish Xavi if we compare him to Deburyne too. It was just a way to show how illogical their points are as they're focused on goals and assists to compare an attacking central midfielder and a controlling central midfielder

I got involved because someone clearly said Xavi does side passes, that was clearly out of line.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by hopefulLandlord: 12:13pm On Aug 16, 2018
homesteady:

you and I know his post 2018 career would never be better than those 4 years I mentioned.

Mind giving me the lottery numbers while you're at it?

3 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by homesteady(m): 12:35pm On Aug 16, 2018
madrid5:
dani alves was miles more important than xavi too

Was it Messi or Pedro that was nodding in Alves crosses?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by homesteady(m): 12:43pm On Aug 16, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

Mind giving me the lottery numbers while you're at it?

Germany came last in a group with almighty Sweden, Mexico and South Korea! Ronaldo and Zidane are no longer at Madrid! The law of diminishing return would always rear its ugly head!
It's just a no-brainer to know that the peak of his career is over.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by hopefulLandlord: 12:48pm On Aug 16, 2018
homesteady:

Germany came last in a group with almighty Sweden, Mexico and South Korea! Ronaldo and Zidane are no longer at Madrid! The law of diminishing return would always rear its ugly head!
It's just a no-brainer to know that the peak of his career is over.

I'm yet to see the lottery numbers
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by madrid5: 1:24pm On Aug 16, 2018
phaamsaam:
Kroos, De Bruyne, modric can't lace pirlo shoes, it is Xavi you are comparing them to, Xavi was in a class of his own, watch 2008-2012
modric is far better than pirlo,that guy was very overrated,don't compare modric by comparing him with that Italian fabregas,all pass and nothing,modric very well rounded as a player.
Debruyne is a local champions
Kroos is a not different from xavi according to nairaland analyst for their sideways pass.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Olamyyde(m): 1:32pm On Aug 16, 2018
Anybody comparing kroos with modric must be seriously mad. Xavi is the greatest central midfielder of all time, only iniesta or laudrup can compete for that spot. Kroos isn't even the best midfielder in Madrid.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Melvyn11: 1:42pm On Aug 16, 2018
phaamsaam:

shut up that mouth of yurs sir. which yeye pirlo
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Sommyroy10: 1:42pm On Aug 16, 2018
madrid5:
modric is far better than pirlo,that guy was very overrated,don't compare modric by comparing him with that Italian fabregas,all pass and nothing,modric very well rounded as a player.
Debruyne is a local champions
Kroos is a not different from xavi according to nairaland analyst for their sideways pass.
cheesy Pirlo and overrated in the same sentence. Apparently, I have just started seeing things.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by madrid5: 1:46pm On Aug 16, 2018
Sommyroy10:
cheesy Pirlo and overrated in the same sentence. Apparently, I have just started seeing things.
most of the time truth is stranger the fiction,pirlo's elegance and passing ability earned him a free pass in football,imagine this guy with lazy workrate in football today?,he will pressed to bits like teams like Liverpool or mancity,lol as bad as xavi he worked over pirlo in euro 2012,modric will do the same with ease.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by madrid5: 1:49pm On Aug 16, 2018
Olamyyde:
Anybody comparing kroos with modric must be seriously mad. Xavi is the greatest central midfielder of all time, only iniesta or laudrup can compete for that spot. Kroos isn't even the best midfielder in Madrid.
the problem with you barca fans is your low IQ,if you had patiently followed my arguments you would notice I bought up xavi just to make a piont because most of the arguments that the local champion debruyne was better than kroos could also be used against xavi.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Sommyroy10: 2:10pm On Aug 16, 2018
madrid5:
most of the time truth is stranger the fiction,pirlo's elegance and passing ability earned him a free pass in football,imagine this guy with lazy workrate in football today?,he will pressed to bits like teams like Liverpool or mancity,lol as bad as xavi he worked over pirlo in euro 2012,modric will do the same with ease.
Just so we clear? we are talking about the guy that redefined a position DLP. Your assumption(s) of being pressed in "today's" football is inconsequential, because you wouldn't know that as a fact. This Pirlo did a Zlatan and not only won seria A with Milan but also took Juventus to the next level. While I agree Xavi is better than Pirlo, your reference to the Euros final is very biased. Can same be said about Sergi against madrid or Puig against Tottenham ( Eriksen)? That same Pirlo was in Euro 12 team if the tournament.
Common treat some players with respect, will ya?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by madrid5: 2:40pm On Aug 16, 2018
Sommyroy10:
Just so we clear? we are talking about the guy that redefined a position DLP. Your assumption(s) of being pressed in "today's" football is inconsequential, because you wouldn't know that as a fact. This Pirlo did a Zlatan and not only won seria A with Milan but also took Juventus to the next level. While I agree Xavi is better than Pirlo, your reference to the Euros final is very biased. Can same be said about Sergi against madrid or Puig against Tottenham ( Eriksen)? That same Pirlo was in Euro 12 team if the tournament.
pirlo is a great player he his definitely not better than modric,is Milan career is overrated too.and only im azurri career I respect,during his time at juventus,he was still getting outplayed by numerous top opponents due to his limitation,na that one you wan take compare modric?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by hopefulLandlord: 2:57pm On Aug 16, 2018
Sommyroy10:

We tend to look into the past with rose tinted glasses due to misplaced nostalgia so we don't calm down to hear people who's opinion differ from us as though We'd die if we do

Pirlo was a Regista, however he was so limited that he needed other players to do specific works in order for him to do his own work

Pirlo asides passing and freekicks was useless most of the time and that's not insulting him, its just stating facts. He needed Marchisio, Vidal, Kwadwo Asamoah, Sturaro and Pogba to a lesser extent to do the defensive work and attacking work. if these players at any point slack their midfield would be bypassed like they aren't there because Pirlo can't tackle to save his life, can't track runners, can't dribble out of trouble when it gets tight, can't get stuck in and enforce control when the chips are down, he can't carry the midfield on his back. all he's good at is cutting passing lanes then spraying accurate passes

These qualities Pirlo lack are things Modrić excel in and Modrić is no slouch at passing either even though he's not as good at long passing as Pirlo

I'm someone that watched Pirlo a lot and he was a player that can make an already awesome midfield better but would make an average midfield look way worse which is why his limitations became exposed when the Milan golden midfielders started aging that some Milan fans started wondering if he's a footballer at all

Not everything in the past has to be better than present

4 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Olamyyde(m): 2:58pm On Aug 16, 2018
madrid5:
the problem with you barca fans is your low IQ,if you had patiently followed my arguments you would notice I bought up xavi just to make a piont because most of the arguments that the local champion debruyne was better than kroos could also be used against xavi.
Who the f*uck is talking to you brah? Did I mention you? Which 'piont' are you trying to make?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by madrid5: 3:19pm On Aug 16, 2018
Olamyyde:

Who the f*uck is talking to you brah? Did I mention you? Which 'piont' are you trying to make?
lol look at your first comment.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Sommyroy10: 3:45pm On Aug 16, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

We tend to look into the past with rose tinted glasses due to misplaced nostalgia so we don't calm down to hear people who's opinion differ from us as though We'd die if we do

Pirlo was a Regista, however he was so limited that he needed other players to do specific works in order for him to do his own work

Pirlo asides passing and freekicks was useless most of the time and that's not insulting him, its just stating facts. He needed Marchisio, Vidal, Kwadwo Asamoah, Sturaro and Pogba to a lesser extent to do the defensive work and attacking work. if these players at any point slack their midfield would be bypassed like they aren't there because Pirlo can't tackle to save his life, can't track runners, can't dribble out of trouble when it gets tight, can't get stuck in and enforce control when the chips are down, he can't carry the midfield on his back. all he's good at is cutting passing lanes then spraying accurate passes

These qualities Pirlo lack are things Modrić excel in and Modrić is no slouch at passing either even though he's not as good at long passing as Pirlo

I'm someone that watched Pirlo a lot and he was a player that can make an already awesome midfield better but would make an average midfield look way worse which is why his limitations became exposed when the Milan golden midfielders started aging that some Milan fans started wondering if he's a footballer at all

Not everything in the past has to be better than present
Agreed, his strongest skill is his passing but can't dribble?
Wikipedia : "Pirlo was known for his composure in possession, and drew praise for his touch, technique, balance, close control, and dribbling ability, as well as his flair and creativity in beating players with feints during one-on-one situations, in order to retain the ball and create space"
He has limitations; pace et al and that was why he was deployed as DLP.
"A highly technical and creative player, Pirlo is regarded by players, managers, and pundits as one of the greatest ever players in his position; throughout his career, he was considered as one of the best midfielders in the world and of his generation, and as one of the greatest Italian players ever, and is regarded as one of the best midfielders of all time by several pundits, managers and players."
Who is better is based on your opinion and yours alone. But for madrid5 to call Pirlo an Italian fabregas?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Kimbeast: 3:52pm On Aug 16, 2018
Olamyyde:
Pirlo is better than xavi .

5 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Sommyroy10: 4:11pm On Aug 16, 2018
Mrcalcufast cheesy I see you.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by madrid5: 5:02pm On Aug 16, 2018
Kimbeast:

pirlo is overrated he is not even better than modric
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Melvyn11: 6:45pm On Aug 16, 2018
madrid5:
pirlo is overrated he is not even better than modric

You can't prove anything by using common sense. As
time goes by, ex players are always better and
better in the eyes of the average football fan.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Olamyyde(m): 9:03pm On Aug 16, 2018
Kimbeast:

ok...2 trebles and euros with a world cup while being the main orchestrator says otherwise undecided
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by mrcalcufast: 12:00am On Aug 17, 2018
Sommyroy10:
Mrcalcufast cheesy I see you.
ma nigga!! I hail oo.i dey wait make league start na, I got a life outta here than staying here arguing if an ostrich could actually fly or not. See ya later bro.

Mes que un club!!

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Excallibur(m): 4:17pm On Aug 17, 2018
Look closely at stands and you'll see what weakened the knees of ramos grin

2 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 6:54pm On Aug 18, 2018
Barça are one goal away from 6000. Leo Messi, who scored the 5000th goal in 2009, could it repeat 9 years later.

He also scored the 5100th, 5300th, 5400th and 5900th goals for the Catalans.

2 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 8:24pm On Aug 18, 2018
Today's line-up

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Isomerizm(m): 8:44pm On Aug 18, 2018
haymekus:
Today's line-up

What do you think about the line up?

(1) (2) (3) ... (3205) (3206) (3207) (3208) (3209) (3210) (3211) ... (6200) (Reply)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: adexeli(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.