Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,810 members, 7,956,068 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 11:50 PM

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3226) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (4808432 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3223) (3224) (3225) (3226) (3227) (3228) (3229) ... (6322) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ClintonNzedimma(m): 10:54am On Sep 05, 2018
Neymar1095:

See who this one is even calling. Kroos is even a better passer than modric sit Your ass down.
lol... the fact we are even placing Messi in the argument of best passers in the world says alot....
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by modextus(m): 11:26am On Sep 05, 2018
Since our last game nobody has even said anything about Arthur Melo's performance. I think the guy is a prospect.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by tesppidd: 12:10pm On Sep 05, 2018
Melvyn11:

The higher the competition the more relevance and exposure You get. I put it to you to That if Madrid had won a treble and barca went trophyless but Messi guarded Argentina to win the World Cup would you tell me Messi wont win the Balon dor. Why...because he won the biggest footballing competition.
You're getting it mixed up.

I have not said that Messi deserves to be on the podium.
Go tru my posts, I never said so.

Am in a different argument entirely, which is that Messi has been the best footballer in the world since 2009 barring any team trophies.

For now,
I have said consistently, that all of the 2018 awards should go in this order;

1. Modric
2. Griezman
3. Ronaldo

I have not campaigned for Messi as far as 2018 goes.

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nedville: 12:29pm On Sep 05, 2018
KingTom:
Kasabian bringing down the roof FFS grin

You like kasabian?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by cisse7575(m): 2:44pm On Sep 05, 2018
biomustry:

He might be in recession
perhaps you meant to say seclusion
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Excallibur(m): 5:35pm On Sep 05, 2018
Aturo vidal don get knee injury 4 national team...international break sucks
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by KingTom(m): 7:28pm On Sep 05, 2018
Nedville:

You like kasabian?
Who doesn't
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ClumsyFlimsy: 8:01pm On Sep 05, 2018
Excallibur:
To be sincere i like as him get injury

We dont really need him for now

Him just dey block space
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Meta4element(m): 8:34pm On Sep 05, 2018
modextus:
Since our last game nobody has even said anything about Arthur Melo's performance. I think the guy is a prospect.

You are the only one making sense here...In my opinion..The guy is good..But still he really needs to improved
Danm!!...Did you watch the way he shields the ball?...For some seconds i thought i was watching Xavi

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Chanchit: 8:40pm On Sep 05, 2018
ClumsyFlimsy:

Him just dey block space
Lmao! Very true.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Chanchit: 8:42pm On Sep 05, 2018
I disagree with cules making a case for Messi. Going by Messi's standard, he does not deserve to be there. Though for any other player, Messi's stat forblasr season would put them on that podium.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Excallibur(m): 8:43pm On Sep 05, 2018
ClumsyFlimsy:

Him just dey block space
October choke for us o...i hope say the guy come back b4 dat time
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jonsnow92: 9:07pm On Sep 05, 2018
Excallibur:
CC:
Dippset...your guy without starting a match gets his recuring knee injury again.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Coutinho14: 9:23pm On Sep 05, 2018
ClumsyFlimsy:

Him just dey block space
lol I thought I was d only one that felt this way, man was just giving EV excuse to play defensive football
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Coutinho14: 9:26pm On Sep 05, 2018
modextus:
Arthur is good but I wanna keep my expectations low for this season as regards his performances, that guy definitely knows how to keep the moving forward
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Mathkid007: 6:22am On Sep 06, 2018
Messi's 'FIFA Best' snub shows league success no longer counts for anything

The Argentine inspired Barcelona to a domestic double last season but the awards season is proving that continental cup competitions now trump all
According to the majority of those who vote for The Best FIFA Men's Player Award, Lionel Messi does not rank among the game's top three players over the past 12 months.

Gary Lineker was among the many absolutely baffled by Messi's omission from the podium places, arguing that "no one that understands the game" could have excluded him from their top three.

The former England international reasoned, "Barcelona won the double largely thanks to Messi."
A very valid point but then, anyone who understands the awards game will realise that consistent brilliance over the course of a domestic season no longer counts for anything.

League campaigns, rather than cup competitions, were once considered the true test of both a team's and a player's quality but no longer.
How else can we explain Messi failing to make FIFA's top three or even the top four of UEFA's Player of the Year award? There was no better player from start to finish in the 2017-18 campaign.
Obviously, the reason why the No.10 wasn't regarded as a contender for top spot was because Barcelona capitulated in the quarter-finals of the Champions League at Roma before Argentina endured a calamitous World Cup campaign.
The Albiceleste’s last-16 exit in Russia resulted in Messi’s claim on the title of the greatest player in history being called into question once again, something that even the great Ronaldinho finds ludicrous.
“He's the best in history, no doubt,” the Brazilian told Sport earlier this week. "Nobody has done what Messi's done."
Yet there are those that believe he is not a true leader, primarily because he failed to carry an atrocious and rudderless Argentina side to World Cup glory, even though they wouldn’t have even made it to Russia had it not been for his hat-trick in the decisive, must-win victory over Ecuador in Quito last November.
Furthermore, when it came to picking a new Barcelona captain following Andres Iniesta’s departure for Japan during the summer, Ernesto Valverde only ever had one possible candidate in mind. After all, it was Messi who had, as Lineker quite rightly pointed out, carried the Catalans to a domestic double last season.
This wasn’t just any Barca side either. It was arguably the weakest Barcelona squad since Ronaldinho had first rocked up at Camp Nou to kickstart an era of unprecedented success.
Carles Puyol and Xavi had long since departed, Iniesta proved a fading force, Luis Suarez sparkled only intermittently and all of this after Neymar absconded for Paris Saint-Germain just before the 2017-18 campaign began.
The Brazilian’s replacement, Ousmane Dembele, saw his debut season blighted by injuries, while the likes of Andre Gomes and Paco Alcacer failed to find anything like the requisite consistency required to excel at the highest level.
Unlike Messi. Thanks to his enduring genius, Barcelona not only won two trophies, they very nearly became the first Liga team to go through an entire campaign undefeated.
In the end, their unblemished record was ended in their penultimate fixture, away to Leganes. It was no coincidence that Messi had not featured, ridiculously kept in reserve for a midweek friendly fixture in South Africa.
As a result, the 31-year-old wasn’t even able to rescue Barca from the bench, as he had done so memorably against Sevilla six weeks previously, coming on with his side 2-0 down before salvaging a draw with an 89th-minute equaliser.
He was just as decisive in Barca’s two meetings with great rivals Real Madrid, which was hardly surprising, of course. The Clasico’s all-time top scorer netted in both Liga encounters, and even set up a goal in the 3-0 win at the Santiago Bernabeu while only wearing one boot.
His solo goal at Camp Nou, meanwhile, had come with Barca down to 10 men and struggling, even though he’s not a leader...
Messi also netted against Sevilla in the Copa del Rey final. There was no denying that night belonged to Iniesta but the double, indeed the entire season, had belonged to Messi.
He had not just been the best player in the Primera Division either. There was no more effective player, statistically, across Europe’s ‘Big Five’ leagues.
His 34 Liga goals earned him the European Golden Shoe but he scored 45 in total (including six in the Champions League) – more than Cristiano Ronaldo, Mohamed Salah (both 44) and, unsurprisingly, more than midfielder Luka Modric (2).
However, he wasn’t just more prolific than his main rivals, he was more creative too.
Messi fashioned 121 chances in all competitions last season. Only Salah went close to making it into three figures (97), with Modric (60) and Ronaldo (54) lagging well behind. The No.10 also racked up 18 assists too, four more than Salah, and 10 more than both Modric and Ronaldo.
Of course, it would be unfair to expect Modric to have anywhere near as many goals or assists as the other contenders, given he plays in midfield.
However, it is worth pointing out that Messi also serves as Barcelona’s deep-lying playmaker and, to further illustrate just how much more pivotal he is to the Blaugrana’s build-up, Messi had more successful passes (1952) than Modric (1557) in the opposition half last season, and even had 1,010 more touches of the ball overall.
In addition, when it comes to influence over the way in which a team plays, Kevin De Bruyne (4797) can also feel hard done by, given no player in Europe had more touches of the ball last season, while only Dimitri Payet racked up more assists.
Yet De Bruyne, the key component in Manchester City’s record-breaking Premier League campaign, failed to make the final three in either the UEFA or FIFA voting, while his boss at the Etihad, Pep Guardiola, hasn't even been shortlisted for FIFA's coach of the year prize.
No one is denying that the big occasion shouldn’t be important when deciding who wins individual awards. Shining when it really matters in big Champions League and World Cup knockout games – as Modric did – is clearly more relevant than racking up goals against relegation cannon fodder.
However, at the same time, the pendulum has now swung far too much in favour of players who can be average or even poor for large periods of the season but merely turn up for a handful of big tournament matches.
It seems that just as defenders are never in the running for individual honours, league form now counts for nothing. Messi knows that better than anyone having been - in terms of consistency - the best player in the world last season.

Source: Goal.com

2 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by tesppidd: 8:03am On Sep 06, 2018
jonsnow92:
CC:
Dippset...your guy without starting a match gets his recuring knee injury again.
Bros,

I nor go lie that one weak me!

I don humble for that matter!!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by tesppidd: 8:13am On Sep 06, 2018
Mathkid007:
Messi's 'FIFA Best' snub shows league success no longer counts for anything

The Argentine inspired Barcelona to a domestic double last season but the awards season is proving that continental cup competitions now trump all
According to the majority of those who vote for The Best FIFA Men's Player Award, Lionel Messi does not rank among the game's top three players over the past 12 months.

Gary Lineker was among the many absolutely baffled by Messi's omission from the podium places, arguing that "no one that understands the game" could have excluded him from their top three.

The former England international reasoned, "Barcelona won the double largely thanks to Messi."
A very valid point but then, anyone who understands the awards game will realise that consistent brilliance over the course of a domestic season no longer counts for anything.

League campaigns, rather than cup competitions, were once considered the true test of both a team's and a player's quality but no longer.
How else can we explain Messi failing to make FIFA's top three or even the top four of UEFA's Player of the Year award? There was no better player from start to finish in the 2017-18 campaign.
Obviously, the reason why the No.10 wasn't regarded as a contender for top spot was because Barcelona capitulated in the quarter-finals of the Champions League at Roma before Argentina endured a calamitous World Cup campaign.
The Albiceleste’s last-16 exit in Russia resulted in Messi’s claim on the title of the greatest player in history being called into question once again, something that even the great Ronaldinho finds ludicrous.
“He's the best in history, no doubt,” the Brazilian told Sport earlier this week. "Nobody has done what Messi's done."
Yet there are those that believe he is not a true leader, primarily because he failed to carry an atrocious and rudderless Argentina side to World Cup glory, even though they wouldn’t have even made it to Russia had it not been for his hat-trick in the decisive, must-win victory over Ecuador in Quito last November.
Furthermore, when it came to picking a new Barcelona captain following Andres Iniesta’s departure for Japan during the summer, Ernesto Valverde only ever had one possible candidate in mind. After all, it was Messi who had, as Lineker quite rightly pointed out, carried the Catalans to a domestic double last season.
This wasn’t just any Barca side either. It was arguably the weakest Barcelona squad since Ronaldinho had first rocked up at Camp Nou to kickstart an era of unprecedented success.
Carles Puyol and Xavi had long since departed, Iniesta proved a fading force, Luis Suarez sparkled only intermittently and all of this after Neymar absconded for Paris Saint-Germain just before the 2017-18 campaign began.
The Brazilian’s replacement, Ousmane Dembele, saw his debut season blighted by injuries, while the likes of Andre Gomes and Paco Alcacer failed to find anything like the requisite consistency required to excel at the highest level.
Unlike Messi. Thanks to his enduring genius, Barcelona not only won two trophies, they very nearly became the first Liga team to go through an entire campaign undefeated.
In the end, their unblemished record was ended in their penultimate fixture, away to Leganes. It was no coincidence that Messi had not featured, ridiculously kept in reserve for a midweek friendly fixture in South Africa.
As a result, the 31-year-old wasn’t even able to rescue Barca from the bench, as he had done so memorably against Sevilla six weeks previously, coming on with his side 2-0 down before salvaging a draw with an 89th-minute equaliser.
He was just as decisive in Barca’s two meetings with great rivals Real Madrid, which was hardly surprising, of course. The Clasico’s all-time top scorer netted in both Liga encounters, and even set up a goal in the 3-0 win at the Santiago Bernabeu while only wearing one boot.
His solo goal at Camp Nou, meanwhile, had come with Barca down to 10 men and struggling, even though he’s not a leader...
Messi also netted against Sevilla in the Copa del Rey final. There was no denying that night belonged to Iniesta but the double, indeed the entire season, had belonged to Messi.
He had not just been the best player in the Primera Division either. There was no more effective player, statistically, across Europe’s ‘Big Five’ leagues.
His 34 Liga goals earned him the European Golden Shoe but he scored 45 in total (including six in the Champions League) – more than Cristiano Ronaldo, Mohamed Salah (both 44) and, unsurprisingly, more than midfielder Luka Modric (2).
However, he wasn’t just more prolific than his main rivals, he was more creative too.
Messi fashioned 121 chances in all competitions last season. Only Salah went close to making it into three figures (97), with Modric (60) and Ronaldo (54) lagging well behind. The No.10 also racked up 18 assists too, four more than Salah, and 10 more than both Modric and Ronaldo.
Of course, it would be unfair to expect Modric to have anywhere near as many goals or assists as the other contenders, given he plays in midfield.
However, it is worth pointing out that Messi also serves as Barcelona’s deep-lying playmaker and, to further illustrate just how much more pivotal he is to the Blaugrana’s build-up, Messi had more successful passes (1952) than Modric (1557) in the opposition half last season, and even had 1,010 more touches of the ball overall.
In addition, when it comes to influence over the way in which a team plays, Kevin De Bruyne (4797) can also feel hard done by, given no player in Europe had more touches of the ball last season, while only Dimitri Payet racked up more assists.
Yet De Bruyne, the key component in Manchester City’s record-breaking Premier League campaign, failed to make the final three in either the UEFA or FIFA voting, while his boss at the Etihad, Pep Guardiola, hasn't even been shortlisted for FIFA's coach of the year prize.
No one is denying that the big occasion shouldn’t be important when deciding who wins individual awards. Shining when it really matters in big Champions League and World Cup knockout games – as Modric did – is clearly more relevant than racking up goals against relegation cannon fodder.
However, at the same time, the pendulum has now swung far too much in favour of players who can be average or even poor for large periods of the season but merely turn up for a handful of big tournament matches.
It seems that just as defenders are never in the running for individual honours, league form now counts for nothing. Messi knows that better than anyone having been - in terms of consistency - the best player in the world last season.

Source: Goal.com
Beautiful.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by tesppidd: 8:15am On Sep 06, 2018
ClumsyFlimsy:

Him just dey block space
We don't even have enough players to go for a treble,

and you're saying this

shey na Malcolm and Arthur go win you treble??

barca fans and their arrogance sef!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Upnepaa(m): 9:03am On Sep 06, 2018
Imagine comparing Ozil and De bruyne to Messi in term of passing. Kai, some people need continuous spanking on their head till sense enters there, even if takes a year.....I don't blame una, no be Clasico and Champions league matches u dey watch

2 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Upnepaa(m): 9:11am On Sep 06, 2018
Champion league is undisputably the best club competition in the world , anybody who says otherwise is a slowpoke.

Having said that, It will be stupid to downgrade League and cup matches just because you wanna a prove a point. It was easy as you make it look, why did Real Madrid won it only twice in the past nine years, the so call best club in the world. Or better still, why did Madrid claimed 3rd in the league last season , 13 points behind the league leaders even below Atletico Madrid, please try to bring along your commonsense whenever you want to login to Nairaland.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Coutinho14: 10:04am On Sep 06, 2018
tesppidd:

and you're saying this

i think we don't need him NOW, probably at the latter stages of the ucl
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by tesppidd: 10:42am On Sep 06, 2018
Coutinho14:
i think we don't need him NOW, probably at the latter stages of the ucl
fair enough.

when it gets to that point around february, when we play 6 to 7 games in a month sometimes.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Victornezzar: 12:01pm On Sep 06, 2018
cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ClumsyFlimsy: 12:19pm On Sep 06, 2018
tesppidd:

and you're saying this

Bros calm down i said we dont need him for now

He willl come good later probably towards middle of the season or at a more advanced time, but for now vidal is barely needed
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by deecis(m): 12:50pm On Sep 06, 2018
BONANZA FOR NEW AND EXISTING SUBSCRIBERS

VISIT THE LINK ON MY SIGNATURE AND REGISTER.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AntiZombie: 2:45pm On Sep 06, 2018
cool cool

Boss

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nihilstjnr: 4:00pm On Sep 06, 2018
tesppidd:
You're getting it mixed up.

I have not said that Messi deserves to be on the podium.
Go tru my posts, I never said so.

Am in a different argument entirely, which is that Messi has been the best footballer in the world since 2009 barring any team trophies.

For now,
I have said consistently, that all of the 2018 awards should go in this order;

1. Modric
2. Griezman
3. Ronaldo

I have not campaigned for Messi as far as 2018 goes.

best player since when?

who?

how?

Messi has never been better than St Ororo

2 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by tesppidd: 6:53pm On Sep 06, 2018
Nihilstjnr:

best player since when?

who?

how?

Messi has never been better than St Ororo
is it that tax evader and sexual pervert you are calling St?
undecided
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Coutinho14: 7:08pm On Sep 06, 2018
tesppidd:
is it that tax evader and sexual pervert you are calling St?
undecided
dis tree you're shaking eeh

(1) (2) (3) ... (3223) (3224) (3225) (3226) (3227) (3228) (3229) ... (6322) (Reply)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.