Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,949 members, 7,863,364 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 04:20 PM

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (336) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (4674418 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (333) (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) ... (6233) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 10:20pm On Aug 10, 2014
ELYMAXiimus:
cuardado

nd what i meant by "form" is how compact the team is!
Not the results of matches they've been playing!

That's the form i was refering to!
Are you seriously insinuating Madrid are more compact? Sorry to burst your bubbles bruv. They ain't! With tiki-taka at our finger tips, there is no team out there that can brag about compactness with us. We just lost the spark some three seasons ago, and failed in making additions where necessary.

With our recent additions, and of course Juan Cuadrado almost at our beck-and-call, then I think we are the team to beat.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by honeric01(m): 10:23pm On Aug 10, 2014
Obiagelli:
i meant cumulative average. Btw deulefou and rafinha are in the first team already.

Yes, so i wonder why we are buying here and there except we do not have plans for the young ones.. they can as well be loaned out.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 10:37pm On Aug 10, 2014
honeric01:

Yes, so i wonder why we are buying here and there except we do not have plans for the young ones.. they can as well be loaned out.
Exactly my concern too.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ELYMAXiimus(m): 11:55pm On Aug 10, 2014
dmcdad:
Are you seriously insinuating Madrid are more compact? Sorry to burst your bubbles bruv. They ain't! With tiki-taka at our finger tips, there is no team out there that can brag about compactness with us. We just lost the spark some three seasons ago, and failed in making additions where necessary.

With our recent additions, and of course Juan Cuadrado almost at our beck-and-call, then I think we are the team to beat.
i'm saying they are more compact!
Or at least that's how it seems now, based on the set of players they have!
But it's when the league is up nd running we'll know which team is really complete!

That tiki taka style is fading! Teams now know how to counter that style!!! All they need do is "park bus" at their defence nd use counter attacks to score us !!!

Though, i like your optimism cool cool cool

now, i'm not saying we should do away with the style... We should keep it, but add more patterns to it!
I hope the new coach comes with some ideas of his to add to the already existing style of play!
then, We'll be unpredictable, hence getting back to the glory days cheesy

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 7:36am On Aug 11, 2014
honeric01:

thats why we are not buying young players, in the next 2yrs our B players will be ready.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by honeric01(m): 7:51am On Aug 11, 2014
Obiagelli:
thats why we are not buying young players, in the next 2yrs our B players will be ready.

English..
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 8:18am On Aug 11, 2014
honeric01:

English..
the B players are not ready for first team action yet.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 8:32am On Aug 11, 2014
honeric01:

It's logical to buy at this time. We don't have the required experience level for those crucial positions, and the stakes are getting higher.
The young boys that are showing promise will always get their chance. From the last few games, you can easily pick out Munir El-Haddadi, Allen Halilovic, Sergi Samper, and Sandro, as some top talent that will play in big clubs, even if not in Barca.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by honeric01(m): 9:14am On Aug 11, 2014
AjanleKoko:

It's logical to buy at this time. We don't have the required experience level for those crucial positions, and the stakes are getting higher.
The young boys that are showing promise will always get their chance. From the last few games, you can easily pick out Munir El-Haddadi, Allen Halilovic, Sergi Samper, and Sandro, as some top talent that will play in big clubs, even if not in Barca.

This is why i think alot of these boys should be placed on loan so they can develop proper. i believe like 2-3 of these youngsters are likely to make the team but we have more than 10 that should be getting ready for first team football. Gibbs and co are not that older than these young boys, yet they play first team football. From the names you listed, don't be surprised only 2 would make the senior squad.

Let them be loaned out to gather more experience..
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by honeric01(m): 9:15am On Aug 11, 2014
Obiagelli:
the B players are not ready for first team action yet.

Then they should be loaned out to get first team action elsewhere so they can mature on time...

Deulofeu was loaned out and he became better, same with Munian.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 9:34am On Aug 11, 2014
honeric01:

Then they should be loaned out to get first team action elsewhere so they can mature on time...

Deulofeu was loaned out and he became better, same with Munian.
denis Suarez and tello have gone on loan, besides i don't think there is any player/prospects over 20 yrs in the B team and they also play in the Spanish second division that is quite competitive. Sending very young players on loan could be counter productive.

Munain isn't a barca player.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by patrickmuf(m): 9:53am On Aug 11, 2014
Obiagelli:
denis Suarez and tello have gone on loan, besides i don't think there is any player/prospects over 20 yrs in the B team and they also play in the Spanish second division that is quite competitive. Sending very young players on loan could be counter productive.

You've obviously not been following your present season matches, there's a youngster called munir (pronounced as munain) in barca
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 10:38am On Aug 11, 2014
patrickmuf: You've obviously not been following your present season matches, there's a youngster called munir (pronounced as munain) in barca
then he should have spelt munir, btw he is only 19. Playing in the second division is just perfect for him, besides he only played half a season with the B team.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by honeric01(m): 10:52am On Aug 11, 2014
Obiagelli:

Majority of the guys that played our friendlies are more than 16 and some of them are ripe enough to go on loan. yes Munain was our loaned out player before being sold but I meant the current one.

Tello should have stayed and not loaned because he was actually forming a partnership with Messi.

Denis Suarez I can't say much about because I know little about him.

Majority of these boys have been playing in the B league for a long time and I think that place is not competitive enough.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 11:15am On Aug 11, 2014
honeric01:

Majority of the guys that played our friendlies are more than 16 and some of them are ripe enough to go on loan. yes Munain was our loaned out player before being sold but I meant the current one.

Tello should have stayed and not loaned because he was actually forming a partnership with Messi.

Denis Suarez I can't say much about because I know little about him.

Majority of these boys have been playing in the B league for a long time and I think that place is not competitive enough.
Iker Muniain was never a barca player

Tello can get playing time, his development has slowed

Denis should have been promoted but was loaned out for playing time

Barca dont really do loan outs directly from the B team , Deulofeu and rafinha had to go on loan so that other younger ones can get playing time at the B team. That was how the likes of munir got their chances.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by honeric01(m): 11:17am On Aug 11, 2014
Obiagelli:
Iker Muniain was never a barca player

Tello can get playing time, his development has slowed

Denis should have been promoted but was loaned out for playing time

Barca dont really do loan outs directly from the B team , Deulofeu and rafinha had to go on loan so that other younger ones can get playing time at the B team. That was how the likes of munir got their chances.

Is the stock city defender called Muniesa not our former player?

Gosh I meant Muniesa... my bad!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 11:22am On Aug 11, 2014
honeric01:

Is the stock city defender called Muniesa not our former player?

Gosh I meant Muniesa... my bad!
oh munisa, you see what early loan did for him? He will most likely never return to barca. Don't forget he was sold to stock not loaned.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 11:42am On Aug 11, 2014
honeric01:

This is why i think alot of these boys should be placed on loan so they can develop proper. i believe like 2-3 of these youngsters are likely to make the team but we have more than 10 that should be getting ready for first team football. Gibbs and co are not that older than these young boys, yet they play first team football. From the names you listed, don't be surprised only 2 would make the senior squad.

Let them be loaned out to gather more experience..

Munir is just starting his first full season with the B Team. He was with Juvenil at the start of last season. Halilovic was purchased for the senior team, but has to start with the B Team because of his age. That's better than planting him on the bench, no?

As for Sergi Samper, Bagnack, Adama Traore, and others . . . you should research the current B Team. For the first time, they have a squad not older than 21, which I think is the ideal. The current talents in that squad are better off playing in Barca B than to be loaned out for now. Players like Tello, Sergi Roberto, Jonathan, etc, who are obviously too old for the B Team, but not good enough for the first team, are the ones being loaned out. Same for Song who is generally regarded as a bad buy.

In retrospect also, I think it's not a bad idea that we bought Mathieu and Vermaelen. They are not A-List defenders, but experienced enough to serve as backup. They can also mentor the up-and-coming players in the B Team.

I think I like the new plan so far. With our front line we will be competitive enough, the core of our midfield is still there, and strengthened, and we have reasonable defensive cover. We may not win any title this year, but I would not even look at that frankly speaking. We need to rebuild the team, and have a clean break from the Pep era. No more living on past glories, we need the new boys to step up and earn their stripes.
I'm backing Enrique for this season, no matter what happens.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 11:49am On Aug 11, 2014
Jesus..See Arguementgrin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by honeric01(m): 11:54am On Aug 11, 2014
AjanleKoko:

Munir is just starting his first full season with the B Team. He was with Juvenil at the start of last season. Halilovic was purchased for the senior team, but has to start with the B Team because of his age. That's better than planting him on the bench, no?

As for Sergi Samper, Bagnack, Adama Traore, and others . . . you should research the current B Team. For the first time, they have a squad not older than 21, which I think is the ideal. The current talents in that squad are better off playing in Barca B than to be loaned out for now. Players like Tello, Sergi Roberto, Jonathan, etc, who are obviously too old for the B Team, but not good enough for the first team.

In retrospect also, I think it's not a bad idea that we bought Mathieu and Vermaelen. They are not A-List defenders, but experienced enough to serve as backup. They can also mentor the up-and-coming players in the B Team.

I think I like the new plan so far. With our front line we will be competitive enough, the core of our midfield is still there, and strengthened, and we have reasonable defensive cover. We may not win any title this year, but I would not even look at that frankly speaking. We need to rebuild the team, and have a clean break from the Pep era. No more living on past glories, we need the new boys to step up and earn their stripes.
I'm backing Enrique for this season, no matter what happens.

I dont see what we are doing as building a team, 80% of the players we bought are more than 26 years old and only few players are being promoted, so i think all we are doing is "quick fix" to me.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by honeric01(m): 11:55am On Aug 11, 2014
Obiagelli:
oh munisa, you see what early loan did for him? He will most likely never return to barca. Don't forget he was sold to stock not loaned.

I already stated that...injuries killed him though..
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 11:59am On Aug 11, 2014
honeric01:

I dont see what we are doing as building a team, 80% of the players we bought are more than 26 years old and only few players are being promoted, so i think all we are doing is "quick fix" to me.

Bros,
Don't look at it from that POV.
We have bought Suarez (27), Mathieu (31), Vermaelen(28), Rakitic (26), Bravo (31) Ter Stegen (23) - Experienced players. Average age 27.
We brought back Rafinha (21) and Deulofeu (20) from loan. Youth + decent experience. We still got Neymar (23).
Alves, Iniesta and Xavi are the oldest players in our current team, at 31, 31, and 35. Xavi certainly won't be playing the very big games.

And we have some sick talent in Barca B, Munir and Halilovic, at 18. From what I have seen in the last few friendlies, at least one of those defenders (Samper, Bagnack, or Adama) will come through to the seniors.

We have Bartra who is beginning to show that he can play now, and handle the pressure at the top. Nothing better than the Copa Del Rey final for a baptism of fire, to score, and then get beaten for pace by an incredible burst of speed. I believe the best thing Tata did was to play Bartra in that game.

That looks balanced enough to me oh. The future looks bright. After all some people dey re-sign Drogba grin
And I say again, I don't really expect any trophies, but I believe we will exceed expectations wink

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by honeric01(m): 12:09pm On Aug 11, 2014
AjanleKoko:

Bros,
Don't look at it from that POV.
We have bought Suarez (27), Mathieu (31), Vermaelen(28), Rakitic (26), Bravo (31) Ter Stegen (23) - Experienced players. Average age 27.
We brought back Rafinha (21) and Deulofeu (20) from loan. Youth + decent experience. We still got Neymar (23).
Alves, Iniesta and Xavi are the oldest players in our current team, at 31, 31, and 35. Xavi certainly won't be playing the very big games.

And we have some sick talent in Barca B, Munir and Halilovic, at 18. From what I have seen in the last few friendlies, at least one of those defenders (Samper, Bagnack, or Adama) will come through to the seniors.

We have Bartra who is beginning to show that he can play now, and handle the pressure at the top. Nothing better than the Copa Del Rey final for a baptism of fire, to score, and then get beaten for pace by an incredible burst of speed. I believe the best thing Tata did was to play Bartra in that game.

That looks balanced enough to me oh. The future looks bright. After all some people dey re-sign Drogba grin
And I say again, I don't really expect any trophies, but I believe we will exceed expectations wink

Well you are right sha, as long as they can at least bring in 1-2 defenders (the names you listed) to join the senior squad, then good.

Drogba lol.. nice shot at the confused one. grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by homesteady(m): 12:13pm On Aug 11, 2014
Vermaelen is injured! na wa oh!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 12:44pm On Aug 11, 2014
homesteady: Vermaelen is injured! na wa oh!
Please when did he train with the team
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 12:45pm On Aug 11, 2014
ELYMAXiimus:
i'm saying they are more compact!
Or at least that's how it seems now, based on the set of players they have!
But it's when the league is up nd running we'll know which team is really complete!

That tiki taka style is fading! Teams now know how to counter that style!!! All they need do is "park bus" at their defence nd use counter attacks to score us !!!

Though, i like your optimism cool cool cool

now, i'm not saying we should do away with the style... We should keep it, but add more patterns to it!
I hope the new coach comes with some ideas of his to add to the already existing style of play!
then, We'll be unpredictable, hence getting back to the glory days cheesy
Exactly what the coach is working on. Let's see how it goes when the season kicks off in less than two weeks. Let's just be hopeful that this season will bring us better tidings.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 12:53pm On Aug 11, 2014
bykebyke:
Please when did he train with the team
Will be back by mid-september.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ELYMAXiimus(m): 12:59pm On Aug 11, 2014
dmcdad:
Exactly what the coach is working on. Let's see how it goes when the season kicks off in less than two weeks. Let's just be hopeful that this season will bring us better tidings.
it will!!!

How far as par cuadrado,, whats the latest?

We really need to get that guy!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 2:44pm On Aug 11, 2014
`Mehn, imagine a Barca team with Munir, Halilovic and Deulofeu[i'm still finding it difficult to spell this ninja's name]
damn! grin where's my vaseline?!!?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Johnnny(m): 6:04pm On Aug 11, 2014
homesteady: Vermaelen is injured! na wa oh!

Arsenal has sold us "FUFU". Guy is yet to play a game for us, he is down with hamstring injury. WTF!!! angry angry angry
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 9:40pm On Aug 11, 2014
Austeenx: Mehn, imagine a Barca team with Munir, Halilovic and Deulofeu[i'm still finding it difficult to spell this ninja's name]
damn! grin where's my vaseline?!!?
shocked
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 9:41pm On Aug 11, 2014
ELYMAXiimus:
it will!!!

How far as par cuadrado,, whats the latest?

We really need to get that guy!
Nothing concrete yet..

(1) (2) (3) ... (333) (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) ... (6233) (Reply)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: korexes(f), elowa, Puntingnoob and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.