Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,210 members, 7,811,570 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:49 PM

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3436) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (4577837 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3433) (3434) (3435) (3436) (3437) (3438) (3439) ... (6183) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Adiwana: 1:04pm On Mar 03, 2019
Ozkar:
thank you! Most of Madrid's attack came from Vinicius' wing. If Roberto pocketed Vinicius like everyone is saying, how come Pique had to do so much?

The team as a whole was defensively better in this game, and Roberto was not isolated as Semedo was.

To be fair, attack is the best form of defense, and Roberto did great overall. He seems to play his best games in the Clasico.

Because Vin was busy crossing the ball instead of shooting.He only shot twice in the 2nd half despite having tons of spaces and the ball.Infact one of the shots was that mistake from Rakitic.All Roberto had to do was just make him go and cross the ball and Pique will clear it.It was as simple as that.It was Barca's game plan.Trust me if we decided that he was not going to have the ball in that match,Vidal wouldve been brought earlier on and Vinicus won't have even played any crosses.But since Madrid insisted on giving him the ball all the time,it was wise for Roberto to allow him time and space on the ball as the he knew he wasn't going to do anything with it

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Ozkar: 1:07pm On Mar 03, 2019
10Dove:
The whole team used pressing to win the ball back then, not xavi, not Iniesta! Xaviesta and busquest retained the ball very well. Rakitic Arthur n Busi is the best midfield combo barca can field. No place for vidal
I'm not saying Vidal should always start. I'm only addressing the opinion many have that he's useless. Vidal has his uses. When he came on yesterday, didn't you see how he immediately bullied Vinicius off the ball more than once?

Some opponents require more of the Vidal kind of players. Some others Arthur's flair and possession. We should know the difference.

3 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Adiwana: 1:11pm On Mar 03, 2019
10Dove:
Lol. Valverde does not play 433.. didn't you remind me of that earlier

I said he played mainly 442 with Paulinho in the team and that Vidal is an upgrade because Paulinho didn't fit into the 443 formation unlike Vidal.But we played 442 yesterday when we were attacked and 433 when we were on the offensive
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by 10Dove(m): 1:13pm On Mar 03, 2019
Ozkar:
I'm not saying Vidal should always start. I'm only addressing the opinion many have that he's useless. Vidal has his uses. When he came on yesterday, didn't you see how he immediately bullied Vinicius off the ball more than once?

Some opponents require more of the Vidal kind of players. Some others Arthur's flair and possession. We should know the difference.

I don't ANALyse a game I didn't watch unlike many here, so I'm not gon talk about yesterday's match. Rakitic has almost all of vidal's marking ability with A cool head bar recklessness of course. Raki Busi and Arthur is the best we can offer... with Vidal as a bench player
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by 10Dove(m): 1:17pm On Mar 03, 2019
Adiwana:

I said he played mainly 442 with Paulinho in the team and that Vidal is an upgrade because Paulinho didn't fit into the 443 formation unlike Vidal.But we played 442 yesterday when we were attacked and 433 when we were on the offensive
Enough of Vidal! I feel like I'm wasting my time talking about him. For the umpteenth, it's 433!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Isomerizm(m): 1:19pm On Mar 03, 2019
10Dove:
When Iniesta was here, we played ini, raki n Busi, under same long nose valverde, raki cm, ini Am, Busi dm... Paulinho often came from the bench. Vidal offers nothing going forward, then offers yellow card at the back...passing sef, he's too average. It is what it is.
We share the same values. People won't look beyond a single good game. Vidal, that errand boy. He's one of the players I don't want to see next season.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Isomerizm(m): 1:21pm On Mar 03, 2019
10Dove:
Provide his tackles success rate in the other matches.our most entertaining matches has been without that agberi. When we had Busi, Raki n Arthur in the middle like vs spurs first leg, then ousmanne, luisito n Leo upfront. This is barca's strongest line up, but unfortunately, our mini mourinho is always scared.
People beat off to Valverde yesterday, FYI.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by 10Dove(m): 1:21pm On Mar 03, 2019
Isomerizm:
We share the same values. People won't look beyond a single good game. Vidal, that errand boy. He's one of the players I don't want to see next season.
It's Chelsea I blame in all these, them for don offer am one maga deal that he couldn't reject. He would've been getting his pension from Roman instead.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by 10Dove(m): 1:25pm On Mar 03, 2019
Isomerizm:
People beat off to Valverde yesterday, FYI.
As in ehn... I was just laughing while reading comments(not all tho)
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Ozkar: 1:27pm On Mar 03, 2019
10Dove:
The best coaches do not win every game... Barca fans these days ehn... smh!
give EV some slack. The reason he rotates players (and plays people like Vidal) is to avoid the late collapse last season that saw us crash out of the UCL.

All I see is complaints... If he doesn't rotate, we complain. If he rotates, we complain. If the team wins, we complain he didn't play someone we liked. If the team loses, it's because he didn't play someone we like.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Isomerizm(m): 1:28pm On Mar 03, 2019
calculator123:

what else do you want EV to do na
To resign. It's simple. People need to learn to leave when they know they are not loved and are doing nonsense.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by SerVik(m): 1:28pm On Mar 03, 2019
Adiwana:

Pique came out more?? How did he come out more when he was busy blocking shots in the first half and dude made 14 clearances the whole game.Rakitic didn't when cover Roberto that much in the whole game.What he did very well was not to allow that 2 v 1 from Vinicus and Ruggilion against Roberto. Pique got his position very right.Yes Roberto didn't do very well in that Rakitic position in the second leg but he made Vin play crosses this time around.All in all it was a very solid game
Look at this screenshot and tell me pique didn't come out to assist roberto

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by 10Dove(m): 1:30pm On Mar 03, 2019
Ozkar:
give EV some slack. The reason he rotates players (and plays people like Vidal) is to avoid the late collapse last season that saw us crash out of the UCL.

All I see is complaints... If he doesn't rotate, we complain. If he rotates, we complain. If the team wins, we complain he didn't play someone we liked. If the team loses, it's because he didn't play someone we like.

Guy if you get slack give am abeg... I no get strength for back n forth
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Adiwana: 2:06pm On Mar 03, 2019
SerVik:

Look at this screenshot and tell me pique didn't come out to assist roberto

Lol.Am not talking about 1 or 2 instances.Of course he came out on a couple of occasions.Am talking about the match in a whole.I could show you plenty of screenshots of Pique just sitting in that his role and just clearing the ball.Roberto did his home work very well most of the match as he was not really found wanting.Hence no need of Pique coming out to help him.Again remember that did he come out to help him as you are tying to say,he wouldn't have made that much clearances he made in the match
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by IKON360(m): 2:19pm On Mar 03, 2019
Olamyyde:
All of una wey say roberto is better defensively...did u watch the match valverde played roberto as an lb and semedo as an lb?

Roberto was raped consistently...gave another disasterclass. Caused a re,tarded goal. Guess what our coach did? He subbed semedo who had a good performance after 1st half and replaced him with roberto at rb. I think we ended drawing the match. Roberto played average there.

Una no go see that one ooo...but you will all watch classico and start saying trash.
you are even shooting yourself in the foot, that match Roberto played LB, if Alba plays RB do you think he will fare any better? That match Semedo was poor, his only contributions were the penalty he won and numerous aimless dribbles. Semedo will dribble and go back, for what? He didn't cross the ball once through out that match. So what are you saying?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by IKON360(m): 2:31pm On Mar 03, 2019
This thread has some very confused people, they hate Valverde, hate Valverde for playing Vidal and hate Vidal for his style but they adore Guardiola.
But they forget that Guardiola signed Vidal from Juventus and made him a guaranteed starter through out his time at Bayern Munich. He even had Vidal as his 1st choice penalty taker. Now we have the same Vidal they are now shouting that he doesn't fit Barca style, yet Barca's greatest coach in the past 15 years signed him at Bayern Munich. Vidal has played in Italy with Juventus and at Germany and he was a sure starter in both teams, teams that dominated their leagues.
Please what kind of fans do we have on this thread??

2 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Sommyroy10: 3:01pm On Mar 03, 2019
Adiwana:

Which livescore?? See,we mostly play 2 systems.433 Flat in which Busquet,Arthur and Rakitic play as 3 CMs and 433 in which Busquets plays as DM, Rakitic as CM and Vidal as Box to Box.When Arthur was playing before he got injured,Busquet wasn't really on top of his game as he played as a CM instead of his DM role.And remember that we conceded a lot then and lost a couple of games with Arthur ahead of Vidal in that line up.But since he got injured and Vidal came in,Busquet has really improved as he has gone back to that DM role and we have not really lost any game and has conceded less even though the team's form has generally dipped.You can't underestimate what Vidal brings to the table
I'm not underestimating what Vidal brings to the table. I'm not even talking about Vidal. You said Arthur was not missed when he was injured. How? It was like a topic on this thread when he was injured.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Sommyroy10: 3:07pm On Mar 03, 2019
IKON360:

you are even shooting yourself in the foot, that match Roberto played LB, if Alba plays RB do you think he will fare any better? That match Semedo was poor, his only contributions were the penalty he won and numerous aimless dribbles. Semedo will dribble and go back, for what? He didn't cross the ball once through out that match. So what are you saying?
The Valencia's match? Semedo was far from poor. Roberto conceded a penalty ( Wass and Rodrigo did a solid on him), that same match. Also, Semedo also played as LB in a match and he was very ok.
I love Roberto, but defensively? Semedo is better.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by IKON360(m): 3:34pm On Mar 03, 2019
Sommyroy10:
The Valencia's match? Semedo was far from poor. Roberto conceded a penalty ( Wass and Rodrigo did a solid on him), that same match. Also, Semedo also played as LB in a match and he was very ok.
I love Roberto, but defensively? Semedo is better.
ahh well, this thing shouldn't be issue. We have our preferences, and our opinions. However, none of us here is Valverde, so our opinions and preferences won't really make any difference so lets relax
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by IKON360(m): 3:39pm On Mar 03, 2019
the way some people on this thread insult footballers and coaches, you will think that if you put them in a field at some primary school, they will outplay Jorginho. Even to run they can't run much more to score a goal or defend.
Its not by mouth o,
its not by playing video games o,
its not by watching tv from your house o.
Its more so much more

5 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by SerVik(m): 4:21pm On Mar 03, 2019
Adiwana:

Lol.Am not talking about 1 or 2 instances.Of course he came out on a couple of occasions.Am talking about the match in a whole.I could show you plenty of screenshots of Pique just sitting in that his role and just clearing the ball.Roberto did his home work very well most of the match as he was not really found wanting.Hence no need of Pique coming out to help him.Again remember that did he come out to help him as you are tying to say,he wouldn't have made that much clearances he made in the match
He helped Roberto doesn't mean he was permanently camped at right back so don't make it sound like pique helping Roberto and him making clearances are mutually exclusive.

Again look at this screenshot, the writer supported what i've been saying all day that pique played an immense role in keeping vinicius quiet and it wasn't just a Roberto affair as y'all are painting it.

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Sommyroy10: 5:58pm On Mar 03, 2019
Before Messi's debut, Barcelona had only a 19% win-rate at the Bernabéu, and the head-to-head was 87-66 in Madrid's favour. Between Messi's debut and now, Barcelona have a 55% win-rate at the Bernabéu, and the head-to-head is now 96-95 for Barça.

https://twitter.com/2010MisterChip/status/1101968688314531840

3 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Excallibur(m): 6:59pm On Mar 03, 2019
La real should do the lord's work abeg
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by naija01: 7:09pm On Mar 03, 2019
tesppidd:
I've been around a long time.

Nothing surprises me here.

Some fans here once wanted Messi sold!

Whom then is Vidal?

Messi... grin lipsrsealed grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by naija01: 7:09pm On Mar 03, 2019
andrew444:

You they mind them bros

Say na everybody get sense ?

Smh... grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by omotayo9177: 9:21pm On Mar 03, 2019
El-Barceco

2 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by omotayo9177: 9:22pm On Mar 03, 2019
Haba

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 10:43pm On Mar 03, 2019
So mourinho is really going back to madrid
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by biomustry: 2:28pm On Mar 04, 2019
Gone too soon

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ucsquare(m): 2:44pm On Mar 04, 2019
Quick remainder in case u all have forgotten and basking in the euphoria of ur recent fluke wins..

waiting patiently till Lyon do the needfull and bring u all back to wailing and gnashing of teeth.

2 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by IKON360(m): 3:39pm On Mar 04, 2019
biomustry:
Gone too soon
this one had potential but injury and inconsistency killed his career now he is going to Japan, of all places. Not even France or Germany, Japan. Na wa o
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by GrammarNazi1(m): 5:16pm On Mar 04, 2019
As usual.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (3433) (3434) (3435) (3436) (3437) (3438) (3439) ... (6183) (Reply)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.