Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:32 AM

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3439) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (4587201 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3436) (3437) (3438) (3439) (3440) (3441) (3442) ... (6186) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by GrammarNazi1(m): 2:43pm On Mar 07, 2019
ucsquare:
Waiting patiently...
Madridiot, calm down. Even Manchester United are below Barcelona.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by IKON360(m): 3:29pm On Mar 07, 2019
philfearon:

I disagree bro... All the people you mentioned has played in our last three matches consecutively... Resting them is a good thing... One or two may be subbed in, but starting them? Hell no!
The weekend match is a match we can afford to lose, though I doubt if we will lose it. But yeah, it's a match we can afford to lose.
Lyon cannot be taking lightly!!!

PS: I'm not the coach anyway, he will do whatever he thinks it's best for the team at the moment!
I know you are not the coach, neither am I but playing matches help players build confidence and increase a penchant of more creative but riskier moves. I want Messi to start he, Busi, Rakitic and Pique are our most important players and their last match was last weekend, too much rest allows for complacency, but I get your drift sha, Lyon match is the most important match of Valverde's UCL career
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by IKON360(m): 3:34pm On Mar 07, 2019
calculator123:

No such thing as luck bro. Manu helped themselves with the 2early goals..The worked hard for that win......
2 early goals that came from a Buffon blunder and a misplaced back pass. And the winning goal from VAR's assistance. Some teams are lucky, some are not. Some other times, you create your own luck by being ruthless with every chance that comes your way, no matter how inconsequential the chance may look.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by 9itewolf(m): 3:45pm On Mar 07, 2019
My fear is how do we line up against lyon....
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ucsquare(m): 3:57pm On Mar 07, 2019
GrammarNazi1:

Madridiot, calm down. Even Manchester United are below Barcelona.

Too bad you won't be able to make it to the next round..we could have shown you who is below each other..

Maybe next year we will teach u guys a lesson..
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Lana1(m): 4:10pm On Mar 07, 2019
IKON360:

2 early goals that came from a Buffon blunder and a misplaced back pass. And the winning goal from VAR's assistance. Some teams are lucky, some are not. Some other times, you create your own luck by being ruthless with every chance that comes your way, no matter how inconsequential the chance may look.
Relax. PSG's goals in the first leg came from defensive blunders as well as injuries to two of our forwards. In the end it's down to who wants it the most. Look at Ajax.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 5:10pm On Mar 07, 2019
Lana1:
Relax. PSG's goals in the first leg came from defensive blunders as well as injuries to two of our forwards. In the end it's down to who wants it the most. Look at Ajax.
because ur team won ur now in all the threads ba. Congrats tho just remember that we barca also raped psg and still got knocked out.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by philfearon(m): 5:19pm On Mar 07, 2019
IKON360:

I know you are not the coach, neither am I but playing matches help players build confidence and increase a penchant of more creative but riskier moves. I want Messi to start he, Busi, Rakitic and Pique are our most important players and their last match was last weekend, too much rest allows for complacency, but I get your drift sha, Lyon match is the most important match of Valverde's UCL career

Ah swear @bolded.

2 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Excallibur(m): 5:26pm On Mar 07, 2019
ucsquare:

Too bad you won't be able to make it to the next round..we could have shown you who is below each other..

Maybe next year we will teach u guys a lesson..
like the showing you guys gave in four matches this season ? grin .... Ah swear you're the most rétearded person i've come across in this forum

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by philfearon(m): 5:30pm On Mar 07, 2019
9itewolf:
My fear is how do we line up against lyon....

Ter Stegen

Moussa Wague. Pique. Lenglet. Jordi Alba

Rakitic. Busquets. Arthur.

Messi. Suarez. Dembele.

But if the coach does not trust the young lad at the right back enough to start, he might opt for a 3-4-3 formation with either of Busquets or Rakitic being a makeshift defender/midfielder.

Or
Lenglet may play the rightback while Umtiti plays as a Centre Back.

Or
Malcolm may play that right back in another extreme/rare twist.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by tesppidd: 5:44pm On Mar 07, 2019
philfearon:

Valverde should rest a lot of our First Team Key players this weekend... We can afford to lose a game at the moment in the league and still be very well okay...
I expect to see this people feature: Malcolm, Alena, Boateng, Umtiti, Murrilo, Coutinho, Riqui Puig, Miranda...
Infact my line up would be something like this :

Cillessen

Semedo. Umtiti. Murrilo. Miranda

Alena. Oriol Busquets Coutinho

Malcolm. Boateng. Sergi Roberto.
lol

Common man,

It's only Lyon!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by tesppidd: 5:46pm On Mar 07, 2019
At the Camp Nou,

We are beating Lyon 3 - 0.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Lana1(m): 6:18pm On Mar 07, 2019
snrman:
because ur team won ur now in all the threads ba. Congrats tho just remember that we barca also raped psg and still got knocked out.
United is not Barca. undecided

And who said it's only when my team wins i post on other threads? undecided
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 7:20pm On Mar 07, 2019
Lana1:
United is not Barca. undecided

And who said it's only when my team wins i post on other threads? undecided
since yesterday u just seem over zealous tongue
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Lana1(m): 7:36pm On Mar 07, 2019
snrman:
since yesterday u just seem over zealous tongue
Shey if na you, u wont be happy to qualify away from home to a team like PSG the way we did despite losing the home leg 2-0? cheesy
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Corrosiveman(m): 7:41pm On Mar 07, 2019
Once we survive Lyon i believe we can win the CL......the only problem is when Lyon scores first......i dont see why we should be Afraid, No squad in Europe wey you fit compare to us now......For now lets pray Valverde does not disappoint us with Useless line-up
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by BykeLaByke: 7:54pm On Mar 07, 2019
IKON360:

in your honest opinion and from what you've watched two of them play over the past 3 years, who is better?
Ousmane Bludclart Dembouz.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by homesteady(m): 8:01pm On Mar 07, 2019
Luck or will I say bizarre events hardly strike twice. Luck was shared during week one, week two is going to be totally different. Barcelona and Man City would get comfortable wins, Juventus will join them Madrid to pack their bags out of the competition.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by philfearon(m): 8:10pm On Mar 07, 2019
tesppidd:
lol

Common man,

It's only Lyon!
I know we are going to win, but i want it to be spectacular and resounding! Vintage Barça level!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by IKON360(m): 10:29pm On Mar 07, 2019
Lana1:
abeg which goals in the 1st leg came from defensive blunders?
Man utd were extremely lucky, so many referees even with reference to VAR won't give that penalty, some might. Just enjoy the win but know you were lucky
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by IKON360(m): 10:35pm On Mar 07, 2019
philfearon:

Ter Stegen

Moussa Wague. Pique. Lenglet. Jordi Alba

Rakitic. Busquets. Arthur.

Messi. Suarez. Dembele.

But if the coach does not trust the young lad at the right back enough to start, he might opt for a 3-4-3 formation with either of Busquets or Rakitic being a makeshift defender/midfielder.

Or
Lenglet may play the rightback while Umtiti plays as a Centre Back.

Or
Malcolm may play that right back in another extreme/rare twist.
we are talking of the most conservative Barca coach in 15 years, he will definitely not try any learner be he old or young at a position as vital as Right Back against a team like Lyon. For me I'll start Vidal at right with specific instructions not to overlap, no matter the reason.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by IKON360(m): 10:41pm On Mar 07, 2019
BykeLaByke:

Ousmane Bludclart Dembouz.

mrcalcufast:
masour ousmane Dembele!
this is the problem with allowing sentiment cloud one's reasoning, Mbappe was part of a Monaco side that beat PSG to the Ligue 1 title as well as reaching the semi finals in the UCL, Mbappe has won best young player twice, and was an integral part of France's World cup winning side, this season only Messi has scored more goals than him, he has more goals at this age than Messi and Ronaldo did at the same age, he can play as a 7, 11 and as a 9. Tell me again how Dembele is better than him?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by BykeLaByke: 10:51pm On Mar 07, 2019
IKON360:

this is the problem with allowing sentiment cloud one's reasoning, Mbappe was part of a Monaco side that beat PSG to the Ligue 1 title as well as reaching the semi finals in the UCL, Mbappe has won best young player twice, and was an integral part of France's World cup winning side, this season only Messi has scored more goals than him, he has more goals at this age than Messi and Ronaldo did at the same age, he can play as a 7, 11 and as a 9. Tell me again how Dembele is better than him?
I am not available for any debate....

Mbappe is limited...Dembele isn't.

If you can't see this but instead choose to continue looking at individual accolades and achievements as your metric for their footballing abilities,then I can't help you.

7 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Lana1(m): 10:53pm On Mar 07, 2019
IKON360:

abeg which goals in the 1st leg came from defensive blunders?
Man utd were extremely lucky, so many referees even with reference to VAR won't give that penalty, some might. Just enjoy the win but know you were lucky
Their first goal. Matic was there first and he should ve cleared the corner but he was caught sleeping like Bailly yesterday. 2nd goal, Bailly was slow to react and clear clear Di Maria's cross.

They were also lucky in the 1st leg. The game was still a bit balanced before the injuries. And it's no surprise their goals came after the injuries.
Kimpembe should ve seen a 2nd yellow for elbowing Rashford.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ucsquare(m): 11:03pm On Mar 07, 2019
Excallibur:
like the showing you guys gave in four matches this season ? grin .... Ah swear you're the most rétearded person i've come across in this forum

If u actually followed the comments you will realize i wasn't referring to Madrid but United..but am not surprised didn't expect much from a witless fellow..
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by IKON360(m): 11:30pm On Mar 07, 2019
BykeLaByke:

I am not available for any debate....

Mbappe is limited...Dembele isn't.

If you can't see this but instead choose to continue looking at individual accolades and achievements as your metric for their footballing abilities,then I can't help you.
go and help yourself, accolades and achievements are the salt of any footballer. Why do you think the whole world is in awe of Messi and Ronaldo, simple no player has achieved more than them in the past 10 years

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Excallibur(m): 5:37am On Mar 08, 2019
ucsquare:

If u actually followed the comments you will realize i wasn't referring to Madrid but United..but am not surprised didn't expect much from a witless fellow..
grin This glory hunting fóol don go connect himself to man u after madrid and penaldo don disappoint am

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by philfearon(m): 5:41am On Mar 08, 2019
IKON360:

we are talking of the most conservative Barca coach in 15 years, he will definitely not try any learner be he old or young at a position as vital as Right Back against a team like Lyon. For me I'll start Vidal at right with specific instructions not to overlap, no matter the reason.
Yeah. Vidal will also be a good choice there.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jonsnow92: 8:36am On Mar 08, 2019
tesppidd:
lol

Common man,

It's only Lyon!
As in ehn, if we no beat Lyon with at least 3 goals difference, make i know wetin cause am.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jonsnow92: 8:45am On Mar 08, 2019
philfearon:
[/b]

Ah swear @bolded.
No it's not...it's really not.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by mrcalcufast: 10:57am On Mar 08, 2019
IKON360:

i love mbappe alot due to his confidence and and his eye for goal,but I won't cease to tell you that I still prefer dembele to him. Firstly both players got mad speed and dazzling skills,mbappe is a player who relies so much on his speed to get things done,and when he comes across opposition teams with great defenders,dude occasionally gets lost, let me give you two instances,during last season's ucl round of 16 clash between psg and Real Madrid, Ramos didn't give him any space to run into, he was so anonymous during both legs,same instance would have occurred if he faced defenders like Diego godin, savic or Pepe. We have seen dembele against the two Madrid teams this season ,his ambidexterity was put into great use, like when he received the pass from messi against athletico with his right foot, the keeper quickly charged at him, he quickly cut to his left foot and shot, your beloved mbappe would have preferred to run at the goalkeeper with the ball before shooting, like he did against de gea two days ago, he was given a through pass, he had only the goalkeeper to beat, a defender was also running towards him from behind, technically he had two alternatives, firstly he could have shot the ball from the edge of the box,secondly he could have ran into the box and cut the defender running towards him with his left foot and shoot with his right, but your beloved mbappe opted to keep running at the goalkeeper till he lost the ball and it went for a goalkick, you should try to relate this scenario to the goal dembele scored against Tottenham, almost the same but dembele took a big risk, he robbed a Tottenham player before the halfway line,and kept running with the ball, he had an option to pass to two barca players but he didn't, he kept running,when he got to the 18yard box, a defender was charging towards him, he went in, he faked the goalkeeper with his rightfoot and cut the defender that charged towards him with the same right foot, after which he cut the ball to his leftfoot and shot, did you see anything special in what I just analysed?dembele is so unpredictable! It's very difficult to stop him, but same can't be said of mbappe, mbappe is a player who looks for spaces and openings with his speed,and always desperate to score,dembele creates spaces and openings with his speed,and he isn't always desperate to score! I see mbappe develop to be a player like Ronaldo and dembele will be like messi, because Ronaldo also looks for spaces and openings and always desperate to score as well (not a dig though, Ronaldo is a very great player, no doubt about that, but that's just his style of play) if you don't give him space,he becomes almost anonymous most times,(like during last season's Champions League final against Liverpool) that's the more reason his fans always fail to reach orgasm when he doesn't score,while messi creates spaces and openings,and you and I know Messi isn't always desperate to score, and I get my orgasm just watching him play even if he doesn't score grin.mbappe and dembele are great players ,I would love to have them play together in my team, just imagine mbappe with his great speed and eye for goal, and Dembele, with his crazy dribbling, great speed and unpredictability,the combination will tear any opposition team apart,but that's very unlikely to happen.
Forca Barça!

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by IKON360(m): 11:57am On Mar 08, 2019
mrcalcufast:
i love mbappe alot due to his confidence and and his eye for goal,but I won't cease to tell you that I still prefer dembele to him. Firstly both players got mad speed and dazzling skills,mbappe is a player who relies so much on his speed to get things done,and when he comes across opposition teams with great defenders,dude occasionally gets lost, let me give you two instances,during last season's ucl round of 16 clash between psg and Real Madrid, Ramos didn't give him any space to run into, he was so anonymous during both legs,same instance would have occurred if he faced defenders like Diego godin, savic or Pepe. We have seen dembele against the two Madrid teams this season ,his ambidexterity was put into great use, like when he received the pass from messi against athletico with his right foot, the keeper quickly charged at him, he quickly cut to his left foot and shot, your beloved mbappe would have preferred to run at the goalkeeper with the ball before shooting, like he did against de gea two days ago, he was given a through pass, he had only the goalkeeper to beat, a defender was also running towards him from behind, technically he had two alternatives, firstly he could have shot the ball from the edge of the box,secondly he could have ran into the box and cut the defender running towards him with his left foot and shoot with his right, but your beloved mbappe opted to keep running at the goalkeeper till he lost the ball and it went for a goalkick, you should try to relate this scenario to the goal dembele scored against Tottenham, almost the same but dembele took a big risk, he robbed a Tottenham player before the halfway line,and kept running with the ball, he had an option to pass to two barca players but he didn't, he kept running,when he got to the 18yard box, a defender was charging towards him, he went in, he faked the goalkeeper with his rightfoot and cut the defender that charged towards him with the same right foot, after which he cut the ball to his leftfoot and shot, did you see anything special in what I just analysed?dembele is so unpredictable! It's very difficult to stop him, but same can't be said of mbappe, mbappe is a player who looks for spaces and openings with his speed,and always desperate to score,dembele creates spaces and openings with his speed,and he isn't always desperate to score! I see mbappe develop to be a player like Ronaldo and dembele will be like messi, because Ronaldo also looks for spaces and openings and always desperate to score as well (not a dig though, Ronaldo is a very great player, no doubt about that, but that's just his style of play) if you don't give him space,he becomes almost anonymous most times,(like during last season's Champions League final against Liverpool) that's the more reason his fans always fail to reach orgasm when he doesn't score,while messi creates spaces and openings,and you and I know Messi isn't always desperate to score, and I get my orgasm just watching him play even if he doesn't score grin.mbappe and dembele are great players ,I would love to have them play together in my team, just imagine mbappe with his great speed and eye for goal, and Dembele, with his crazy dribbling, great speed and unpredictability,the combination will tear any opposition team apart,but that's very unlikely to happen.
Forca Barça!
this is very astute. Thank you. Sha taking one on ones isn't easy, Kane, Dele Alli, Lacazette and so many others have found it difficult in netting one on ones against De Gea, its not Mbappe was poor but that De Gea is that good. Even Di Maria failed to score a one on one against De Gea in the 1st leg. Personally, the reason I like Dembele is his pace and his ability to use both feet very well. That's why I love Carzola and one lady like that in the Japanese national team that came 2nd in 2012 Olympics. That lady took corners and free kicks with both feet and sporadic rates.
But Mbappe is often more reliable than Dembele, both of them need space to be effective, both are good dribblers, Mbappe is more versatile in attacking positions than Dembele, but Dembele can play 10, 11, 7 and even 8(he will be drifting in and out sha). As a Barca fan I prefer Dembele but footballing as a whole, Mbappe is doing very well.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3436) (3437) (3438) (3439) (3440) (3441) (3442) ... (6186) (Reply)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.