Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,806 members, 7,844,613 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 01:32 AM

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3727) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (4645445 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3724) (3725) (3726) (3727) (3728) (3729) (3730) ... (6221) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Adiwana: 3:01pm On Oct 10, 2019
Some clown already quoted me that is just a friendly that's why Marc played ahead of Neuer. What an excuse grin grin.

I already said Germany should call his bluff by playing Marc and now let's see if that Bayern president get two heads not to send his players when they are called

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Adiwana: 3:06pm On Oct 10, 2019
hardeycute:
Wetin Marc do different?

Not his fault when he has a shiity defence and useless team that can't defend.Last time I checked,Neuer conceded 4 against Netherlands.So your point is??

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by LaMujer: 3:21pm On Oct 10, 2019
Adiwana:
Some clown already quoted me that is just a friendly that's why Marc played ahead of Neuer. What an excuse grin grin.

I already said Germany should call his bluff by playing Marc and now let's see if that Bayern president get two heads not to send his players when they are called

I think o read that Marc was gon man the first match, while Neuer would man the second match.

That's what happened
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by IKON360(m): 4:02pm On Oct 10, 2019
hardeycute:
Thank Heaven you said "for me", for a man that reads match reports more than he watches the game, he can have Valdez between the sticks
Tell me 3 goalkeepers that have won more trophies than Valdes from 2009 till now? I mean in the whole world not just La Liga...
Valdes played under Guardiola for 5 years, during that period he won the Treble twice and won numerous other titles, winning best goalkeeper in La Liga too.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by IKON360(m): 4:05pm On Oct 10, 2019
Adiwana:

So winning La liga is now a highlight of a Barcelona coach?? Let's stop thinking the club is some Chelsea or Manchester United that should be satisfied winning a league match.The club is not what it is now for the past 10 years by winning the championship

The bench mark for any barca coach should be winning the treble not even the champions league.Real Madrid won the champions league 3 times in a row because the club is obsessed with being on top of the food chain.Our players cannot continue to be the best in world football and not get recognised just because the UCL is missing from our cabinet.
Benchmark for Barca coaches is winning treble? Since when? Na you write that one for club portfolio lmao. Only 2 coaches in the history of Barcelona have won the treble, Guardiola and Enrique, these fans sef will just be creating job profile for who they didn't employ nor who they are paying
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by IKON360(m): 4:13pm On Oct 10, 2019
Haemophilia:

So valverde winning two ligas automatically means he has not flopped. We know we wouldn't have won those two ligas if not for leo's mastery of the league.

Valverde clearly lacks ideas to move barca forward. How can he possess this set of players and still struggles to play purposeful, attack-minded, fluid football?...HOW?

Have we really improved in terms of how we play football since the first season of enrique?

Make we dey call spade a spade ...all these sugar coating and window dressing no be am
Yup, you don't watch Barcelona matches.
And even the Enrique you want to praise left Barcelona with his tail between his legs, we won only Copa Del Rey in his last season, and Enrique had a better team than Valverde, in fact he had a more fearsome attack than even Guardiola, Rijkaard or even Cruyff, yet he won UCL only once... Enrique under achieved with what he had at his disposal. Look the match that Juventus beat us 3 - 0, after the miracle against PSG, we were basically clueless and 2nd leg ended in a draw. And how is winning La Liga twice now a sign that a coach has flopped? In which country did you hear that one? So as Guardiola is winning only Premier league and domestic trophies in England, he has flopped? As Klopp won two Bundesliga titles with Dortmund he had flopped? As Diego Simeon won just one league title with Athletic Madrid and reached UCL final twice he has flopped?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by 10Dove(m): 4:13pm On Oct 10, 2019
Unlimited22:
Somebody legit put Valdes in his La Liga team of the decade.

LMAO grin
I swear! Someone that claimed to have watched footie over the years.

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by IKON360(m): 4:21pm On Oct 10, 2019
10Dove:
I swear! Someone that claimed to have watched footie over the years.
Why shouldn't Valdes be considered one of the best goalkeepers in La Liga over the past 10 years? Only he and Casillas have won best goalkeeper in la Liga twice, nobody else even the weird award by Marca that Zamora award or so, no goalkeeper has won it as many times as Valdes... No goalkeeper beats that

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Adiwana: 4:22pm On Oct 10, 2019
IKON360:

Benchmark for Barca coaches is winning treble? Since when? Na you write that one for club portfolio lmao. Only 2 coaches in the history of Barcelona have won the treble, Guardiola and Enrique, these fans sef will just be creating job profile for who they didn't employ nor who they are paying

I said it SHOULD be.We have done twice in the past 10 years.We have pretty much La liga and copa del rey wrapped up before the season even begins as Madrid have prioritised UCL over the league title and we play and win very well irrespective of how tight both competitions are.No need of speaking of the copa del rey.The "only" competition we really should be gunning for is the champions league.

We can't taste the treble success twice,know we can achieve it and still settle for less

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Adiwana: 4:31pm On Oct 10, 2019
IKON360:

And even the Enrique you want to praise left Barcelona with his tail between his legs, we won only Copa Del Rey in his last season, and Enrique had a better team than Valverde, in fact he had a more fearsome attack than even Guardiola, Rijkaard or even Cruyff, yet he won UCL only once... Enrique under achieved with what he had at his disposal. Look the match that Juventus beat us 3 - 0, after the miracle against PSG, we were basically clueless and 2nd leg ended in a draw. And how is winning La Liga twice now a sign that a coach has flopped? In which country did you hear that one? So as Guardiola is winning only Premier league and domestic trophies in England, he has flopped? As Klopp won two Bundesliga titles with Dortmund he had flopped? As Diego Simeon won just one league title with Athletic Madrid and reached UCL final twice he has flopped?

Winning la liga is like bragging we beat Madrid at Santiago Bernaleo.That's how the standards are right now.We will hate to lose there but you won't see us making noise that we beat Madrid at their own stadium.The same thing with La liga.Its something we would all love to have at the end of each season but its nothing to tag 'great' for a barca manager

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by IKON360(m): 4:33pm On Oct 10, 2019
Adiwana:

I said it SHOULD be.We have done twice in the past 10 years.We have pretty much La liga and copa del rey wrapped up before the season even begins as Madrid have prioritised UCL over the league title and we play and win very well irrespective of how tight both competitions are.No need of speaking of the copa del rey.The "only" competition we really should be gunning for is the champions league.

We can't taste the treble success twice,know we can achieve it and still settle for less
Now this is a better opinion, our most important target should be UCL but we won't look down on La Liga triumph. I agree with you now. But I know you were also bothered when we started La Liga this season with two losses before October? Even though we should prioritize UCL?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by IKON360(m): 4:35pm On Oct 10, 2019
Adiwana:

Winning la liga is like bragging we beat Madrid at Santiago Bernaleo.That's how the standards are right now.We will hate to lose there but you won't see us making noise that we beat Madrid at their own stadium.The same thing with La liga.Its something we would all love to have at the end of each season but its nothing to tag 'great' for a barca manager
Lol, you are correct sha and I agree with you, well even the board, Valverde and the players know that our next aim should be UCL triumph not just winning La Liga, it's like airtel's advert, La Liga is good but UCL is better
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by 10Dove(m): 5:10pm On Oct 10, 2019
IKON360:

Why shouldn't Valdes be considered one of the best goalkeepers in La Liga over the past 10 years? Only he and Casillas have won best goalkeeper in la Liga twice, nobody else even the weird award by Marca that Zamora award or so, no goalkeeper has won it as many times as Valdes... No goalkeeper beats that
Raumdeuter coman see an example of your pooling booth award

2 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Haemophilia: 5:20pm On Oct 10, 2019
IKON360:

K
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by tesppidd: 7:05pm On Oct 10, 2019
Study shows Lionel Messi is statistically nearly three times better than any other footballer
givemesport.com Oct 10, 2019 10:39 AM

Lionel Messi’s case to be considered the greatest football player of all-time is exceptionally strong.

The Argentinian has scored 672 goals in his career and has 34 honours with Barcelona to his name.

Then you consider his individual accomplishments, and his resume becomes even more startling.

Five Ballon d’Ors. World Cup Golden Ball. Inclusion in the FIFA FIFPro World11 in every year since 2007.

Cristiano Ronaldo’s supporters will put their blinkers on but there can be no denying that Messi is, well, unbelievable.

'Ronaldo and Messi should share awards'
Alonso analyses defending Messi in the False 9
Check out our new GIVEMESPORT homepage
It’s hard to quantify just how much better Messi is than everyone else but ESPN may have come closest with their stats-based analysis into the best shooters in football.

Using TruMedia data for all domestic campaigns dating back to the start of the 2014/15 season, their findings show the disparity between Messi and his peers.

FC Barcelona v Sevilla FC - La Liga
Their study includes statistics including expected goals (xG) and expected goals on target (xGOT), which Opta describes as:

The Expected Goals on Target model is built on historical on-target shots and includes the original xG of the shot as well as the goalmouth location where the shot ended up. It gives more credit to shots that end up in the corners compared to shots that go straight down the middle of the goal. This model is for on-target shots, given that if you don't get your shot on target, there's a 0% chance that it will result in a goal.

xG and xGOT are compared to see which players have added the most value to their attempts.

Tottenham Hotspur v West Ham United - Premier League
We’ll start with free-kicks. Barcelona No.10’s has scored 21 free-kicks since 2014 - no one else has more than 11.

His xGOT is even higher, at 21.71.

Messi has added 10.35 goals worth of value to his free-kicks. An image of Messi’s set-pieces since 2014, provided by ESPN, shows his preciseness.

Goals are green and misses are red.

p1dmqealjd1s9lp5sm6c11rq1hi9.jpg
Moving to open play, Messi has scored 16 goals and added 6.04 worth of value on open play shots from outside the box, both of which see him rank first.

He’s also the best when all goals from open play are considered.

Only three players are in double digits when it comes to goals worth of value. They are Messi (19.34), Mohamed Salah (11.23) and Alexis Sanchez (10.02).

Messi (120) has score more goals from open play than anyone else and has produced 109.29 xGOT. No other player has broken 100.

FBL-ESP-LIGA-BARCELONA-CELTA
So Messi is the best at free-kicks and goalscoring. And he’s superior to anyone else at playmaking, too.

The 32-year-old has completed more than 300 through-balls since 2014 - next best is 173.

He leads the way in assists and is second in dribbles.

Overall, Messi has 177 goals since 2014 which is 19 more than Ronaldo.

He’s added 32.6 goals worth of value on 900 attempts. The gap between him and second-best Dani Parejo is a staggering 12.53.

“So just how good is Messi? Nearly three times better than everyone else,” ESPN write.

And Ronaldo? He’s attempted 1,005 shots since 2014, more than anyone else, but his wayward finishing subtracts him 3.07 goals.

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ucsquare(m): 7:16pm On Oct 10, 2019
tesppidd:
Study shows Lionel Messi is statistically nearly three times better than any other footballer
givemesport.com Oct 10, 2019 10:39 AM

Lionel Messi’s case to be considered the greatest football player of all-time is exceptionally strong.

The Argentinian has scored 672 goals in his career and has 34 honours with Barcelona to his name.

Then you consider his individual accomplishments, and his resume becomes even more startling.

Five Ballon d’Ors. World Cup Golden Ball. Inclusion in the FIFA FIFPro World11 in every year since 2007.

Cristiano Ronaldo’s supporters will put their blinkers on but there can be no denying that Messi is, well, unbelievable.

'Ronaldo and Messi should share awards'
Alonso analyses defending Messi in the False 9
Check out our new GIVEMESPORT homepage
It’s hard to quantify just how much better Messi is than everyone else but ESPN may have come closest with their stats-based analysis into the best shooters in football.

Using TruMedia data for all domestic campaigns dating back to the start of the 2014/15 season, their findings show the disparity between Messi and his peers.

FC Barcelona v Sevilla FC - La Liga
Their study includes statistics including expected goals (xG) and expected goals on target (xGOT), which Opta describes as:

The Expected Goals on Target model is built on historical on-target shots and includes the original xG of the shot as well as the goalmouth location where the shot ended up. It gives more credit to shots that end up in the corners compared to shots that go straight down the middle of the goal. This model is for on-target shots, given that if you don't get your shot on target, there's a 0% chance that it will result in a goal.

xG and xGOT are compared to see which players have added the most value to their attempts.

Tottenham Hotspur v West Ham United - Premier League
We’ll start with free-kicks. Barcelona No.10’s has scored 21 free-kicks since 2014 - no one else has more than 11.

His xGOT is even higher, at 21.71.

Messi has added 10.35 goals worth of value to his free-kicks. An image of Messi’s set-pieces since 2014, provided by ESPN, shows his preciseness.

Goals are green and misses are red.

p1dmqealjd1s9lp5sm6c11rq1hi9.jpg
Moving to open play, Messi has scored 16 goals and added 6.04 worth of value on open play shots from outside the box, both of which see him rank first.

He’s also the best when all goals from open play are considered.

Only three players are in double digits when it comes to goals worth of value. They are Messi (19.34), Mohamed Salah (11.23) and Alexis Sanchez (10.02).

Messi (120) has score more goals from open play than anyone else and has produced 109.29 xGOT. No other player has broken 100.

FBL-ESP-LIGA-BARCELONA-CELTA
So Messi is the best at free-kicks and goalscoring. And he’s superior to anyone else at playmaking, too.

The 32-year-old has completed more than 300 through-balls since 2014 - next best is 173.

He leads the way in assists and is second in dribbles.

Overall, Messi has 177 goals since 2014 which is 19 more than Ronaldo.

He’s added 32.6 goals worth of value on 900 attempts. The gap between him and second-best Dani Parejo is a staggering 12.53.

“So just how good is Messi? Nearly three times better than everyone else,” ESPN write.

And Ronaldo? He’s attempted 1,005 shots since 2014, more than anyone else, but his wayward finishing subtracts him 3.07 goals.

He dosent have this.. grin

6 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ucsquare(m): 7:17pm On Oct 10, 2019
Or this.. grin

5 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by tesppidd: 7:20pm On Oct 10, 2019
ucsquare:

Why is the article biting you na?

Abi na only Ronaldo name you see for the article?

grin grin

Guilty conscience.

Don't want to create the impression that am bringing another Messi/ Ronaldo debate so I'll reserve my comments to you.

5 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ucsquare(m): 7:24pm On Oct 10, 2019
tesppidd:
Why is the article biting you na?

Abi na only Ronaldo name you see for the article?

Nah bro, it ain't biting me..just that your ass licking is too much..

Just trying to help you tone it down..we all know who the GOAT is and its definitely not the midget.. grin

2 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by tesppidd: 7:29pm On Oct 10, 2019
ucsquare:

Nah bro, it ain't biting me..just that your ass licking is too much..

Just trying to help you tone it down..we all know who the GOAT is and its definitely not the midget.. grin
This thread is a Barca thread.

And why can't I post any nice and positive article I see about Messi on ESPN here without having to bother someone having to feel like they've got a broomstick sticking halfway out their asss?

4 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by tesppidd: 7:34pm On Oct 10, 2019
Wherever and Whenever I see an article glorifying Messi or any other Barcelona FC player I will post it.

Anybody nor like am go carry pepper spray take masturbate, or go use super glue do eye drop.

grin grin grin

Nonsense!

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ucsquare(m): 7:41pm On Oct 10, 2019
tesppidd:
This thread is a Barca thread.

And why can't I post any nice and positive article I see about Messi on ESPN here without having to bother someone having to feel like they've got a broomstick sticking halfway out their asss?

SMH..midget fan claiming barca fan..

We'll know wats gonna happen to ignorant mofos like you in respect to your support for barca when the midget stops playing for barca..

So stop hiding behind the barca thread in ur asslicking endeavors.. grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by GrammarNazi1(m): 8:00pm On Oct 10, 2019
ucsquare:

[s]SMH..midget fan claiming barca fan..

We'll know wats gonna happen to ignorant mofos like you in respect to your support for barca when the midget stops playing for barca..

So stop hiding behind the barca thread in ur asslicking endeavors.. grin[/s]

2 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by GrammarNazi1(m): 8:00pm On Oct 10, 2019
ucsquare:

[s]Nah bro, it ain't biting me..just that your ass licking is too much..

Just trying to help you tone it down..we all know who the GOAT is and its definitely not the midget.. grin[/s]
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by GrammarNazi1(m): 8:01pm On Oct 10, 2019
ucsquare:
Or this.. grin

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by GrammarNazi1(m): 8:01pm On Oct 10, 2019
ucsquare:

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by tesppidd: 8:11pm On Oct 10, 2019
ucsquare:

SMH..midget fan claiming barca fan..

So stop hiding behind the barca thread in ur asslicking endeavors.. grin
You know nothing about me.

I was a Barca fan when you were still shitting in pampers/napkins.

Before you knew how to use the internet I was a Barca fan.

From the days of Eto, Ronnie and Deco,

Go ask your pops, he prolly accused me of ass licking Ronaldinho too.

grin grin grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Melvyn11: 9:08pm On Oct 10, 2019
Of course it's tesppidd. It just had to be Him.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Adiwana: 9:53pm On Oct 10, 2019
De Ligt made a mistake moving to Juventus.Dude has been terrible so far and is so prone to mistake.Looks highly uncomfortable when he is under pressure.Cost Netherlands a goal tonight like has done all season at Juve.

Bonucci doesn't look like a defender that will teach him the ropes on how to have the calmness of a CB.This is what he could've learnt under a proper system at Barca and under a player like Pique.Under a fitting system,he will grow as he has the potential to be a Pique/VVD kind of player,but premature and poor development may ruin him as Juve doesn't even have a structure to develop young players.smh

Meanwhile De Jong is proving to be an iniesta kind of player.Totally bossed the midfield this evening and got an assist.Watching him is like watching iniesta.Dude plays with so much confidence and he turns exactly like our magical No 8.Only fouls tactically and is so composed.So much love that guy

2 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by tesppidd: 7:41am On Oct 11, 2019
Adiwana:
De Ligt made a mistake moving to Juventus.Dude has been terrible so far and is so prone to mistake.Looks highly uncomfortable when he is under pressure.Cost Netherlands a goal tonight like has done all season at Juve.

Bonucci doesn't look like a defender that will teach him the ropes on how to have the calmness of a CB.This is what he could've learnt under a proper system at Barca and under a player like Pique.Under a fitting system,he will grow as he has the potential to be a Pique/VVD kind of player,but premature and poor development may ruin him as Juve doesn't even have a structure to develop young players.smh

Meanwhile De Jong is proving to be an iniesta kind of player.Totally bossed the midfield this evening and got an assist.Watching him is like watching iniesta.Dude plays with so much confidence and he turns exactly like our magical No 8.Only fouls tactically and is so composed.So much love that guy
De Ligt hasn't hit the heights,

Maybe it's too early to say we dodged the bullet.

Meanwhile De Jong has slotted in nicely.

De Jong hit the running while Ligt hit the ground crawling.

grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jonsnow92: 9:22am On Oct 11, 2019
Adiwana:

De Ligt is just 19, Calm down.
Maybe the hype around him raised expectations but sure he will become better with time.
Chill.

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by IKON360(m): 9:28am On Oct 11, 2019
Adiwana:

De Jong will get better and better, his combo with Arthur always gives me joy.
De Ligt will come good, but Juve isn't a team that encourages youth. He will get better

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (3724) (3725) (3726) (3727) (3728) (3729) (3730) ... (6221) (Reply)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.