Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,297 members, 7,836,297 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:35 AM

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3834) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (4633352 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3831) (3832) (3833) (3834) (3835) (3836) (3837) ... (6210) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by FergieRaww(m): 7:10pm On Jan 10, 2020
FirstbornWds:

Oh, Sing me a lullaby. The GOAT doesn't have to win Champions league to nail another Fifa world best and Ballon'd or award. Only others have to fight that right. As for you thinking that joy to watch masterpiece will retire anytime soon than a certain player who takes 2 straight seasons to score his first hat trick, you need a rethink.

Football governing bodies know who the best is always. They are only trying to play it fairly before some people consoling themselves with Dubai D'or.

Let's pray another "minor " doesn't humiliate him in this CL campaign.

Nawaoo you’re more concerned on messi winning a balon d’or than your team winning a trophy ..

*spits* angry

There’s no player greater than my club.. but you see this una messi and Ronaldo fanboys ehnn .. you all don’t know football at all

6 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 7:12pm On Jan 10, 2020
FergieRaww:

Nawaoo you’re more concerned on messi winning a balon d’or than your team winning a trophy ..

*spits* angry

There’s no player greater than my club.. but you see this una messi and Ronaldo fanboys ehnn .. you all don’t know football at all
Your club?

as as how?

How much is your share?

How how many jerseys and souvenirs have you received??

3 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Chrisus(m): 7:40pm On Jan 10, 2020
Can we get some real Barca news on this thread ffs?! undecided
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Chrisus(m): 7:40pm On Jan 10, 2020
There are talks Xavi is in line to take over from Valverde

What are your thoughts??
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by monerozi5590: 8:11pm On Jan 10, 2020
ddippset:
Your club?
as as how?
How much is your share?
How how many jerseys and souvenirs have you received??
This is very low from you mehn!... Is this how Bottlers FC has reduced you?

5 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 8:51pm On Jan 10, 2020
monerozi5590:

This is very low from you mehn!... Is this how Bottlers FC has reduced you?
These people sef,

So you think there's anything as low as saying "bottlers FC" all over the place? everywhere?

Lol. Kids stuff...

You need to make up your mind about your moniker. It's looking confused.

2 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ClintonNzedimma(m): 8:57pm On Jan 10, 2020
We better join our foes to be trolling the club until we sack Valverde
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 9:29pm On Jan 10, 2020
ClintonNzedimma:
We better join our foes to be trolling the club until we sack Valverde
lol

You think all that happens here on Nairaland cyber space will lead to the sack of EV.

grin grin grin

I know you're joking sha..

We all know that EV should not have survived that Roma catastrophe; No top club like Madrid and Bayern would have kept him after Roma in 2018.

We all know...

But these people trolling support clubs which have not fared better than Barca this season.

Only Liverpool has performed better than Barca in the whole of Europe;

Liverpool alone!

Not Madrid
Not Juve
Not Bayern
Not Chelsea
Not Man U
Not Man City
Not Arsenal

Losing to Athletico by a couple of contentious VAR decisions and having beaten them already earlier shouldn't cause such alarm...

Maybe the trolls would always be here,

But doing this amongst ourselves?

Sorry the board isn't reading!

Let's speak positive about Barca always..

Losing the Copa is a little set back;

But we topped our group in the UCL and we have remained atop La Liga.

We can criticise what happens with the players and their performances,
But we do it with and still support...

The future of EV is beyond our control; we can only support and hope.

3 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by FergieRaww(m): 9:35pm On Jan 10, 2020
ddippshitt grin cheesy

what a clown grin

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 9:44pm On Jan 10, 2020
Chrisus:

What are your thoughts??
Any chance of management is highly welcomed...

Though he's a rookie, Guardiola was.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by hopefulLandlord: 10:01pm On Jan 10, 2020
Chanchit:
The second one was a goal because the defender in front of suarez placed Vidal onside with his hand.
Last I checked, hands are neglected for offside and only the part of a body which can legally score a goal are considered which is why Son's goal against Manchester Shitty was deemed legal despite the his hand being beyond the last defender
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jpmoriarti(m): 10:05pm On Jan 10, 2020
ddippset I'm with you on this one!

But let's look at this from another angle

I think Barcelona do not have an on-field leader presently.
Messi might be the best ever player to have graced the game but he seems to lack in the areas of leadership, orchestration, influence.

Some of these occasional switching offs and sudden collapse the team has suffered in the last 3 yrs, could be attributed to the ineffectual captain, Barcelona has had to endure just because it is Messi.

He's of course the most senior player in the team, but he does not possess what it takes to keep everyone focused during the 90 minutes. He prefers to lead via his mesmeric plays but this has proven to not be enough sometimes. Everyone has to be switched on for the 90 minutes but Messi does not seem to care. I haven't seen him yelling at any player or helping to keep the crowd vibrating by gesturing.

It is easy to keep pointing finger at EV but this continues to happen.

I fear that as long as Messi continues to hold the captain armband, we might continue to witness these sort of switching offs unless someone else rises up to do what our captain should be doing.

5 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by hopefulLandlord: 10:13pm On Jan 10, 2020
ddippset:
With VAR what final are you talking about

With VAR, Madrid would never cross Bayern in the semi finals (with 3 offside goals from Ronaldo over 2 legs and a phantom Vidal red card).

grin grin

He thinks we've forgotten!!

You think we've forgotten their phantom penalty they were awarded in the first leg for a nonexistent handball?

You think we've forgotten Ramos own goal which was triggered by an offside Lewandowski? that lead to the match getting to extra time which led to the offside goals by Ronaldo? if VAR had cancelled the that own goal the match wouldn't have gone to extra time at all cuz Madrid would've qualified anyways

also I'd be fascinated to hear the offside goal by Ronaldo in the first leg you're talking about but I wouldn't be surprised if you can't provide it as it didn't happen

about Vidal's red card, replays clearly showed he hit Asensio's foot
https://gfycat.com/DependentSilkyGrasshopper#?speed=0.25

also Vidal should've been sent off earlier for this reckless challenge on Casimiro while on a yellow card in the 47tg minute or so http://i.imgur.com/dmPQpPM.gif

You thought we've forgotten all these?

7 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Upnepaa(m): 11:00pm On Jan 10, 2020
Elnino4ladies:
Whenever Barcelona wins, we praise Messi.
Whenever Barcelona loses, we blame Valverde.
Why? LMAO

This is just some ordinary logic of football fans. until you watch barca play, you will know that the fans are not being emotional, Individual players make differences in matches. Messi, Ronaldo, Neymar and Hazard all have this ability of winning a match on there own.

The wins we were able to conjure together was largely because of Messi's individual brilliance, sometimes it is Suarez. Sometimes the coach put up some stupid tactics but got bailed at the end by Messi. As a barca fan, I've lost count how many times Messi's free kicks rescued a win or draw for us, what about his many late goals.

And Should we blame Messi for all our loses just because our rival fans think we don't Messi but Valvarde even when it is not Messi's fault?

I know you don't watch barca matches often, but sincerely do you think Barcelona would have won Chelsea that day without Messi or Barca would have won against Man U last season or Liverpool's first leg without Messi.

2 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by FirstbornWds: 11:02pm On Jan 10, 2020
FergieRaww:

*spits* angry

Well, I don't know how you see this but I think you need to check what prompted me to say that. Even before Messi came into the Barcelona picture, I've been an ardent follower but for someone to call him a fraud, it sounds ridiculous. I mean, this guy is the standard every other player (with no exception), is measuring up to meet. And except you want me to tell you lies, the Barcelona of today is nothing without him. So, the clause "no player is bigger than any team" doesn't apply to him. He is the major reason why my team has become a team to beat even in irrelevant games.

Don't get me wrong.. I'm not saying we won't have another Barcelona after Messi ( We've always been a force to reckon with, both in modern and ancient football), but it would be a farce not to recognize the vibe this "great midget" has brought to the game of football generally.

4 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by FirstbornWds: 11:08pm On Jan 10, 2020
jpmoriarti:

Messi might be the best ever player to have graced the game but he seems to lack in the areas of leadership, orchestration, influence.

Some of these occasional switching offs and sudden collapse the team has suffered in the last 3 yrs, could be attributed to the ineffectual captain, Barcelona has had to endure just because it is Messi.

He's of course the most senior player in the team, but he does not possess what it takes to keep everyone focused during the 90 minutes. He prefers to lead via his mesmeric plays but this has proven to not be enough sometimes. Everyone has to be switched on for the 90 minutes but Messi does not seem to care. I haven't seen him yelling at any player or helping to keep the crowd vibrating by gesturing.

I fear that as long as Messi continues to hold the captain armband, we might continue to witness these sort of switching offs unless someone else rises up to do what our captain should be doing.

To me, I'll suggest Pique, Ter Stegen or Vidal takes the mantle. Especially, the latter, you'd see him close to tears if a play goes wrongly against plan. While, Ter Stegen might not be too effectual because of his position, Pique would have been just the next fit to help deal the blow of igniting others.

I'm not suggesting that the captaincy position should be taken off from Messi, rather I'm suggesting that someone else needs to do the rough work of talking.

Messi can always do the talking with the ball, but he needs to see the ginger to be at his peak. You know what you get when he is at that height?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Upnepaa(m): 11:16pm On Jan 10, 2020
jpmoriarti:

Commmmon this one no follow..

If it is about having an hyper active captain, Morgan and Gerrard should be leading their teams to every trophy year in year out.

See, no amount of Motivation and SHOUTING can overturn mediocrity in football. If you are not good, you are not good.

We have problems in all departments of the pitch, from defence to Midfield to attack . Their is still this physiological problem of holding on to the lead. If we solve all these visible problems, you will see that "the lack of outspokenness by the captain" will have little impact.

We don't need to be too emotional in challenging times like this. we don't need to hang the dog to call it a bad name. Iniesta wasn't outspoken, yet we won our last UCL with him as the captain.

2 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Upnepaa(m): 11:28pm On Jan 10, 2020
Chrisus:

What are your thoughts??

I will advice him not to come now. Let's face the fact,the team's problem is magnificent and it won't automatically change because of Valverde's sack like many fans believe. We need an upgrade from the present version of Pique, Alba, Suarez and Roberto. We also need to be independent from Messi as much as possible.

Xavi coming in will a dangerous career mistake for him, Barca is a time bomb waiting to explode right now, his coaching career will just end even before it starts. We love, we don't want to see him suffer.

2 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by usbcable(m): 11:29pm On Jan 10, 2020
hopefulLandlord:

You think we've forgotten their phantom penalty they were awarded in the first leg for a nonexistent handball?

You think we've forgotten Ramos own goal which was triggered by an offside Lewandowski? that lead to the match getting to extra time which led to the offside goals by Ronaldo? if VAR had cancelled the that own goal the match wouldn't have gone to extra time at all cuz Madrid would've qualified anyways

also I'd be fascinated to hear the offside goal by Ronaldo in the first leg you're talking about but I wouldn't be surprised if you can't provide it as it didn't happen

also Vidal should've been sent off earlier for this reckless challenge on Casimiro while on a yellow card in the 47tg minute or so http://i.imgur.com/dmPQpPM.gif

If their was VAR Pepe would have played both legs of the semi final and not get a red card when we played Barca in the semis.

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Astark: 5:46am On Jan 11, 2020
grin just go on twitter and see how Madrid fans are begging and forcing barca not to bring in xavi. Chai

One thing is sure Valverde will leave my Barcelona this season or next but I prefer next season
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 6:37am On Jan 11, 2020
hopefulLandlord:

usbcable:

If their was VAR Pepe would have played both legs of the semi final and not get a red card when we played Barca in the semis.
grin grin grin

Am so happy this Sunday, now that I have you all where I want you!

Not interested in taking it back and reminding all about the unprecedented robbery Bayern Munich suffered that night in that match against Madrid... but

Now I am glad that you all realise that if there was VAR back then not only Ovrebo would be culpable.

Ovrebo! Ovrebo!! Ovrebo!!!

So many other referees have killed so many other games so many other times...

Off the top of my head I could tell you that Nani would not have been sent off in that game against Real Madrid around 2012 or so, (Man U versus Real Madrid)

Neither would Chellini in that game against Real Madrid too. (Juventus versus Real Madrid)

So to all of those shouting Ovrebo and shouting VAR,

Please just shut it, zip it.

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 7:45am On Jan 11, 2020
hopefulLandlord:
Last I checked, hands are neglected for offside and only the part of a body which can legally score a goal are considered which is why Son's goal against Manchester Shitty was deemed legal despite the his hand being beyond the last defender
Yeah we know hands are neglected but how about bums? grin

I have looked at it several times and am 100 percent sure that the defender's bum bum kept Vidal on.

Except they were looking at the heads...

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by hopefulLandlord: 8:24am On Jan 11, 2020
ddippset:
grin grin grin

Am so happy this Sunday, now that I have you all where I want you!

Not interested in taking it back and reminding all about the unprecedented robbery Bayern Munich suffered that night in that match against Madrid... but

Now I am glad that you all realise that if there was VAR back then not only Ovrebo would be culpable.

Ovrebo! Ovrebo!! Ovrebo!!!

So many other referees have killed so many other games so many other times...

Off the top of my head I could tell you that Nani would not have been sent off in that game against Real Madrid around 2012 or so, (Man U versus Real Madrid)

Neither would Chellini in that game against Real Madrid too. (Juventus versus Real Madrid)

So to all of those shouting Ovrebo and shouting VAR,

Please just shut it, zip it.

You didn't have anyone where you wanted them, you rather talked a crap you heard Madrid haters who didn't watch the Bayern match or had selective amnesia say. now that evidences have been provided and proven you spoke crap you turn around and act like some Michael Scofield to save face. how clever.

BTW where's the Ronaldo offside goal in the first leg you said happened? no surprise you can't provide it

5 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by hopefulLandlord: 8:31am On Jan 11, 2020
ddippset:
Yeah we know hands are neglected but how about bums? grin

I have looked at it several times and am 100 percent sure that the defender's bum bum kept Vidal on.

Except they were looking at the heads...
His head was beyond the defender's bum a little, check the red and blue lines
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jpmoriarti(m): 8:47am On Jan 11, 2020
Upnepaa:

Commmmon this one no follow..

If it is about having an hyper active captain, Morgan and Gerrard should be leading their teams to every trophy year in year out.

See, no amount of Motivation and SHOUTING can overturn mediocrity in football. If you are not good, you are not good.

We have problems in all departments of the pitch, from defence to Midfield to attack . Their is still this physiological problem of holding on to the lead. If we solve all these visible problems, you will see that "the lack of outspokenness by the captain" will have little impact.

We don't need to be too emotional in challenging times like this. we don't need to hang the dog to call it a bad name. Iniesta wasn't outspoken, yet we won our last UCL with him as the captain.
Is it a coincidence that no sooner had Messi became the team's captain, than these occasional, catastrophic midgame collapses, started creeping into the team and it has continued ever since?

The team has lost her mental strength. No one charges them up. Football is not all about playing football with the legs. Should the mental strength be weak, it will always show.

I hope my analysis are wrong because for Messi to not be the team's captain means he's no longer with us, which no Barcelona fans would wish for at any time.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 8:55am On Jan 11, 2020
hopefulLandlord:

You didn't have anyone where you wanted them, you rather talked a crap you heard Madrid haters who didn't watch the Bayern match or had selective amnesia say. now that evidences have been provided and proven you spoke crap you turn around and act like some Michael Scofield to save face. how clever.

BTW where's the Ronaldo offside goal in the first leg you said happened? no surprise you can't provide it
Like I said my point has been made...

I am not here to prove that Bayern were robbed or not robbed..
I am here to prove that VAR would have corrected over 6 or 7 highly impactful wrong decisions in that game...
VAR is the focus here.

You referenced a long long list of decisions you felt went against Real Madrid which would have been corrected if VAR were available...I love that!

My aim is NOT to come here and prove again to you or anyone that Bayern Munich was brutally robbed against Real Madrid(The world saw that already).

My focus and aim is to check the assh0les who keep on insinuating that the only only only game where VAR would have corrected mistakes was the Chelsea/Barca return leg at Stanford Bridge...

Nothing more, Nothing less.

Thank you.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 8:59am On Jan 11, 2020
jpmoriarti:
Is it a coincidence that no sooner had Messi became the team's captain, than these occasional, catastrophic midgame collapses, started creeping into the team and it has continued ever since?

The team has lost her mental strength. No one charges them up. Football is not all about playing football with the legs. Should the mental strength be weak, it will always show.

I hope my analysis are wrong because for Messi to not be the team's captain means he's no longer with us, which no Barcelona fans would wish for at any time.
I think it's the coach not Messi...

Do you see top coaches like Simeone, Klopp, Guordiola and Mourinho on their touchlines?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by hopefulLandlord: 9:07am On Jan 11, 2020
ddippset:
Like I said my point has been made...

I am not here to prove that Bayern were robbed or not robbed..
I am here to prove that VAR would have corrected over 6 or 7 highly impactful wrong decisions in that game...
VAR is the focus here.

You referenced a long long list of decisions you felt went against Real Madrid which would have been corrected if VAR were available...I love that!

My aim is NOT to come here and prove again to you or anyone that Bayern Munich was brutally robbed against Real Madrid(The world saw that already).

My focus and aim is to check the assh0les who keep on insinuating that the only only only game where VAR would have corrected mistakes was the Chelsea/Barca return leg at Stanford Bridge...

Nothing more, Nothing less.

Thank you.

Where's Ronaldo s so-called offside goal that happened during the first leg?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by hardeycute(m): 9:19am On Jan 11, 2020
Astark:
grin just go on twitter and see how Madrid fans are begging and forcing barca not to bring in xavi. Chai

One thing is sure Valverde will leave my Barcelona this season or next but I prefer next season
I know that if you are wise, you would probably bring screenshots to prove your claim but sadly you're not!!!.

begging and forcing barka? that sounds resounding foolish

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 9:21am On Jan 11, 2020
hopefulLandlord:

Where's Ronaldo s so-called offside goal that happened during the first leg?
Ooh you have restricted it to first leg??

Oya wait for me, I will bring the proof to your house..

Am coming.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by BoleAndFish: 9:30am On Jan 11, 2020
ddippset:
I think it's the coach not Messi...

Do you see top coaches like Simeone, Klopp, Guordiola and Mourinho on their touchlines?
This guy can go any length of absolve Messi of anything and everything!! grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 9:43am On Jan 11, 2020
BoleAndFish:
This guy can go any length of absolve Messi of anything and everything!! grin grin grin
I thought you knew?

Even if he impregnates your sister, I would absolve him....
grin

People just talk anyhow they like...

They want to talk because other people are talking.....

Highest goals
Highest assists
Highest chances created
Highest passes
Higest dribbles

Only one person does all of the above for a team in a season;
and yet you still want to blame him for "NOT MOTIVATING" other teammates who proffessionals are collecting salary like himself??

What sort of eediot does that?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (3831) (3832) (3833) (3834) (3835) (3836) (3837) ... (6210) (Reply)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.