Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,686 members, 7,816,796 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:20 PM

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4131) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (4591577 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4128) (4129) (4130) (4131) (4132) (4133) (4134) ... (6187) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Zeemuthafuka: 2:51pm On Aug 30, 2020
usbcable:

In just burst into laughter reading his comments.

Barca is battling issues with its players, but baba is more concerned with Madrid in the market negotiating sales of it's players.

Some days back he was more co concerned with Ronaldo Instagram and Twitter post.

Talk of absolute lack of focus. From Barca board to Messi FC

That guy dey ment seriously...on high key
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by patrickmuf(m): 2:53pm On Aug 30, 2020
The funny thing is that nobody is talking about player acquisition, all the talk is centered on Messi.

Personally, I'd say Barcelona should let him leave, the club hasn't done enough in the past few years to help him, it's painful when you play your best yet your team mates keep letting you down.

How do you go from playing with Ronaldinho and Eto to playing with Henry and Ibra to playing with Villa and Pedro and then MSN and next, Dembele who is hardly ever fit or Griezmann who seems lost?

It's even worse in midfield, from Xavi, Iniesta, Toure/Keita to Busquets, Rakitic and Iniesta and now De Jong (Very good) and Busquets (past his best) and Vidal (Not Barca quality, doesn't mean he is a bad player)

The less said about the defense, the better.

I don't even want to talk about the decision to employ inept coaches...

Messi has every right to want out, the present board has wasted his efforts the past few years and the sorry thing is that nothing looks like changing any time soon.

Let Messi go for 150m and start the rebuilding process immediately before it's too late...

7 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by purplekayc(m): 2:55pm On Aug 30, 2020
What's the future of Messi at barca?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by tesppidd: 2:56pm On Aug 30, 2020
Zeemuthafuka:

You type of idiocy is really weird bro....I've never seen anything like it
In Mourinho's voice;

Your "voyeurism" will not get you anywhere in life.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by tesppidd: 3:01pm On Aug 30, 2020
usbcable:

In just burst into laughter reading his comments.

Barca is battling issues with its players, but baba is more concerned with Madrid in the market negotiating sales of it's players.

Some days back he was more co concerned with Ronaldo Instagram and Twitter post.

Talk of absolute lack of focus. From Barca board to Messi FC
You Bros you don pass this level na.

Even comment about off the pitch issues for Madrid you dey take am personal.

Like say you know one board member.

For your friend sha, I nor blame am. Dem just disvirgin am as Madrid fan.

E still dey shak am.

But you dey fall my hand. OG like you.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by FirstbornWds: 3:21pm On Aug 30, 2020
jpmoriarti:
Destiny delayed for a fucckking 33yr old, that's almost at the end of his playing career. What nonsense!

Maybe he thinks himself bigger than the club. All the embarrassing defeats we suffered, dude was part and parcel of that shameful team but he did nothing to change the situation. Everyone is quick to blame the board but major culprits who have consistently underperformed are being celebrated. Stop making it seem he shouldn't be part of those held responsible for the Barca slump. Infact, he's one of the people I hold responsible. If you think he's paid his due, then I'll say he should pay them again. Afterall he's on a massive contract, coasting home to millions of euros yearly. His services never came free of charge. Abandoning a club in times of crisis, one which you yourself was part of in making, is cowardly.

I want Barcelona to frustrate him so he knows no player, no matter who you are, is bigger than a club that's an institution. In few years, no one will talk about Messi as much as now but Barcelona will remain for a very long time.

Will somebody reply this man before I do?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by tesppidd: 3:27pm On Aug 30, 2020
FirstbornWds:

Please do. grin

Someone like me am exhausted.

Won't argue no more, i'd just read comments and watch how events unfold.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jpmoriarti(m): 3:32pm On Aug 30, 2020
FirstbornWds:

You know nothing, bro. Just like all of them here.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by joviegghead: 3:34pm On Aug 30, 2020
modextus:
Messi is a GOAT on the pitch but a coward outside it. I don't care what anyone else say but that's the truth. Board members and Messi share almost the same blame for what's happening at the club. I expected more from Messi too. After the humiliation against Bayern.. a club captain and a player of his calibre should have said something but no.. Messi decided it was time to leave for FREE!

I've been reading bullshit on this thread today!
Messi is a coward?

Messi faced the board countless times for improvement.
Messi prophesied Champions League doom if barca doesn't improve
Messi ALONE carried a mediocre team for 5 years.
Messi put up with the bullshit of the management for year. He stayed loyal. He fought.
Messi kept on voicing impending doom. Now, it's here. We're at our all time low.

He's a coward? You're good-for-nothing ingrate.

You expect MORE from him? You expect MORE from him?
Why don't you tell him to cut off is legs na? . What should he have said after the Bayern's defeat?

The only thing I have faulted Messi for is his motivational skills in matches, but he covers that up with brilliancies. So what do you want?

He should have said something? Listen to yourself. Work for a company for years despite having better offers . You gave your best. Carried the company to great Heights yet the management keep being stupid and the company wrecks. Oh you'll wait and say something, abi?

Bullshit spewer

8 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by joviegghead: 3:37pm On Aug 30, 2020
FirstbornWds:

Oga, please do us the honours.

I tried replying 2 idiots. My fingers dey pain me. Na rubbish I just dey see.

2 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by GrammarNazi1(m): 3:39pm On Aug 30, 2020
Obonu cannot be trusted! Did you say 7 years?

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jpmoriarti(m): 3:40pm On Aug 30, 2020
patrickmuf:
The funny thing is that nobody is talking about player acquisition, all the talk is centered on Messi.

Personally, I'd say Barcelona should let him leave, the club hasn't done enough in the past few years to help him, it's painful when you play your best yet your team mates keep letting you down.

How do you go from playing with Ronaldinho and Eto to playing with Henry and Ibra to playing with Villa and Pedro and then MSN and next, Dembele who is hardly ever fit or Griezmann who seems lost?

It's even worse in midfield, from Xavi, Iniesta, Toure/Keita to Busquets, Rakitic and Iniesta and now De Jong (Very good) and Busquets (past his best) and Vidal (Not Barca quality, doesn't mean he is a bad player)

The less said about the defense, the better.

I don't even want to talk about the decision to employ inept coaches...

Messi has every right to want out, the present board has wasted his efforts the past few years and the sorry thing is that nothing looks like changing any time soon.

Let Messi go for 150m and start the rebuilding process immediately before it's too late...
The club hasn't done enough to help him? Like seriously? Tell me another club who has spent more money on players acquisition than Barcelona in the last five years. Big names have all arrived but since all attention is on Messi, they cannot adapt and Messi being captain of the club has done absolutely nothing to assist the players to adapt. Coutinho, Dembele and Grezimann are all big players before they joined but all have become ordinary player after joining. But we must blame the board for everything because everyone blames the board.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by FirstbornWds: 3:46pm On Aug 30, 2020
jpmoriarti:
You know nothing, bro. Just like all of them here.

No, my brother. You are the person with little or no knowledge about how things are done.

To begin with, if you really do think Messi deserves to be playing in a team as shitty as Barcelona and much more, the conditions being meted out by the board to him, you need a complete system revamp.

At a particular point in your initial post, you asked whether it's the same 33 years that have less than 5 years to play in his career.... Laughing at this assumption is really an understatement. It's disgusting to say the least.

Now, to round it off, you further mentioned that Messi is to blame for the woes that beheld us in the UCL since the last four years... My question is do you even realize that it's the same Messi that delivered Liverpool, Roma, Chelsea, and Napoli on a platter? So you expect him to do more? The same 33 years old?

Mhen, in real life, I foresee you as someone who'd be very DIFFICULT to please, especially as an employer.

But before I drop mic... I have a wish for you.

Can I wish you to -

Be like Messi since the last 3 years.... Carry your organization all alone and in the end, don't get others to supplement with your superiors being as shitty as Barcelona board.

6 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Excallibur(m): 3:47pm On Aug 30, 2020
jpmoriarti:
Destiny delayed for a fucckking 33yr old, that's almost at the end of his playing career. What nonsense!

Maybe he thinks himself bigger than the club. All the embarrassing defeats we suffered, dude was part and parcel of that shameful team but he did nothing to change the situation. Everyone is quick to blame the board but major culprits who have consistently underperformed are being celebrated. Stop making it seem he shouldn't be part of those held responsible for the Barca slump. Infact, he's one of the people I hold responsible. If you think he's paid his due, then I'll say he should pay them again. Afterall he's on a massive contract, coasting home to millions of euros yearly. His services never came free of charge. Abandoning a club in times of crisis, one which you yourself was part of in making, is cowardly.

I want Barcelona to frustrate him so he knows no player, no matter who you are, is bigger than a club that's an institution. In few years, no one will talk about Messi as much as now but Barcelona will remain for a very long time.
spend time and energy to frustrate Messi at the expense of preparing for another season? Even if he stays, E will still pay him his salary (100m Euros) LoL do you honestly think that the socios will take the side of this disastrous board over Messi

4 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by joviegghead: 3:48pm On Aug 30, 2020
jpmoriarti:
The club hasn't done enough to help him? Like seriously? Tell me another club who has spent more money on players acquisition than Barcelona in the last five years. Big names have all arrived but since all attention is on Messi, they cannot adapt and Messi being captain of the club has done absolutely nothing to assist the players to adapt. Coutinho, Dembele and Grezimann are all big players before they joined but all have become ordinary player after joining. But we must blame the board for everything because everyone blames the board.
Messi should assist them to adapt?

Messi should assist Dembele not to have injuries?

Messi should assist the coach to stop playing the players, like Griezmann, out of position?

Messi should assist Coutinho not to go missing in matches?

Wow! (this isn't a remark over your wisdom, just the opposite)

7 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by khingTony(m): 3:50pm On Aug 30, 2020
jpmoriarti:
You're the one of the people in this thread that calls a spade a spade, and I appreciate that smiley

Neymar left because he was being "shadowed" by messi, Other players are not appreciated in Barcelona because messi is there, He always takes all, I mean all the glory.

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by GrammarNazi1(m): 3:52pm On Aug 30, 2020
joviegghead:

Messi should assist them to adapt?

Messi should assist Dembele not to have injuries?

Messi should assist the coach to stop playing the players, like Griezmann, out of position?

Messi should assist Coutinho not to go missing in matches?

Wow! (this isn't a remark over your wisdom, just the opposite cheesy)
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by GrammarNazi1(m): 3:54pm On Aug 30, 2020
khingTony:

You're the one of the people in this thread that calls a spade a spade, and I appreciate that smiley

Neymar left because he was being "shadowed" by messi, Other players are not appreciated in Barcelona because messi is there, He always takes all, I mean all the glory.
What glory has Neymar achieved in PSG since he went there?

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Excallibur(m): 3:54pm On Aug 30, 2020
jpmoriarti:
now you are blammin Messi for signings that flop,, like he should baby sit world class players to adapt to the club

4 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by patrickmuf(m): 3:55pm On Aug 30, 2020
jpmoriarti:
Look at the style of football Barcelona play, can Busquets, Rakitic and Vidal still deliver especially against top quality opposition?

Can you compare Lenglet to Puyol?

Semedo, is he anything close to Alves?

Coutinho, Griezmann and Dembele all cost above 100m and can't acclimatize to new surroundings unless Messi helps them. When did this start becoming an excuse?

See how City has shipped out Kompany, Navas, Kolarov, Sagna and co yet at Barca, you still retain the services of Busquets, Suarez and Rakitic.

Arthur was recently shipped out for Pjanic, who is 30yrs or thereabout and you think the board are doing great...

If not for sentiments, don't you think Hazard would have been a better option to Dembele and Griezmann considering his style of play?

Messi has obviously sat down and thought to himself that he can't waste the last few years of his career carrying the team on his neck.

4 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Excallibur(m): 3:59pm On Aug 30, 2020
khingTony:

Neym Ne has not made Balon d or podium since he left, he did that twice at barca, Iniesta won Eufa best the same year Messi scored 91 goals

4 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jpmoriarti(m): 4:03pm On Aug 30, 2020
Excallibur:
now you are blammin Messi for signings that flop,, like he should baby sit world class players to adapt to the club
I was merely replying a Messi fan who claimed that the club didn't help Messi by bringing in top players. Messi cannot babysit anyone but as a club legend and captain, there's so much he could have done for new players coming in, so the club can get the best out of them. He didn't do anything.

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by joviegghead: 4:05pm On Aug 30, 2020
khingTony:

The same way Ronaldo was the main guy in Madrid, but how does it stop the players from performing or giving their best

3 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Excallibur(m): 4:08pm On Aug 30, 2020
jpmoriarti:
I was merely replying a Messi fan who claimed that the club didn't help Messi by bringing in top players. Messi cannot babysit anyone but as a club legend and captain, there's so much he could have done for new players coming in, so the club can get the best out of them. He didn't do anything.
to begin with, things like what... make the guy just go abeg, season begins in two weeks, we need new signings and I doubt that any world class player will want to come to a club in crises

4 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by modextus(m): 4:09pm On Aug 30, 2020
jpmoriarti:

Exactly! People keep saying he's done so much for the club like he was playing free of charge! Man was the highest paid footballer in the world! He should've simply rejected the pay.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by FirstbornWds: 4:11pm On Aug 30, 2020
khingTony:

But Suarez didn't leave... Did he?

And how on earth does Messi take all the glory. Can you for the love of whatever you hold dearest to you tell a better player in any Barcelona team that deserves better than Messi?

But why people day ungrateful like this na

4 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jpmoriarti(m): 4:14pm On Aug 30, 2020
patrickmuf:
Look at the style of football Barcelona play, can Busquets, Rakitic and Vidal still deliver especially against top quality opposition?

Can you compare Lenglet to Puyol?

Semedo, is he anything close to Alves?

Coutinho, Griezmann and Dembele all cost above 100m and can't acclimatize to new surroundings unless Messi helps them. When did this start becoming an excuse?

See how City has shipped out Kompany, Navas, Kolarov, Sagna and co yet at Barca, you still retain the services of Busquets, Suarez and Rakitic.

Arthur was recently shipped out for Pjanic, who is 30yrs or thereabout and you think the board are doing great...

If not for sentiments, don't you think Hazard would have been a better option to Dembele and Griezmann considering his style of play?

Messi has obviously sat down and thought to himself that he can't waste the last few years of his career carrying the team on his neck.
Most of these players you mentioned mentioned have all underperformed. Some have been told to find a new club but Messi, despite the adulation and adoration he receives from the fans and the club, must raise hell before he leaves. Definitely not captain like.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by joviegghead: 4:16pm On Aug 30, 2020
modextus:
Exactly! People keep saying he's done so much for the club like he was playing free of charge! Man was the highest paid footballer in the world! He should've simply rejected the pay.
He should have rejected the pay, aye? Tell me, with the incompetence of the board that is been revealed, if Messi left barca, the same way Neymar left, how many la Liga, or copa del rey, do you think we would have won?

He's done so much for the club because by saving our asses several times and covering up the faults of players, manager and board.

How many players can do that. Why won't they pay him.

3 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by FirstbornWds: 4:17pm On Aug 30, 2020
modextus:

Another glorified nonsense.

So you'd deny knowing that Messi has been raking in lots of endorsement for Barcelona and La Liga as a whole? I'm not even talking about other signings that he has influenced. Baba is playing top-tier and there's no other player that comes close (except Ronaldo).

Now, there are times when he has proposed to leave and the club had to tie him with better, bigger pay. Why didn't they allow him to go? You think thru don't know what they are gaining?

Uncle, you've succeeded in saying nothing worthy actually.

3 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by modextus(m): 4:19pm On Aug 30, 2020
jpmoriarti:
Instead he kept on rallying players against the coach and his assistant. It's just crazy how some Barcelona fans are accusing us of being ingrates. Messi's refusal to support new players was made evident after Griezmann's arrival. Imagine a team captain refusing to pass to another player throughout a game... That'll surely affect the player's performance! I'm seriously pained by everything that's happening.. He should just leave!

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jpmoriarti(m): 4:20pm On Aug 30, 2020
khingTony:

I dislike subscribing to the view of the crowd. Whenever everyone seems to agree on a particular controversial subject, I step aside to see this issue from a different perspective.

They keep claiming Barcelona owes Messi everything as though Messi's services came free of charge. They should frustrate the guy biko

4 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by joviegghead: 4:22pm On Aug 30, 2020
jpmoriarti:
Most of these players you mentioned mentioned have all underperformed. Some have been told to find a new club but Messi, despite the adulation and adoration he receives from the fans and the club, must raise hell before he leaves. Definitely not captain like.

Wait! Are you following the Messi saga at all?
Who is raising hell. Messi or Barça?
Messi wants to leave on peaceful terms and is avoiding a court case, Barca on the other hand are denying him any meeting, except for contract renewal!

Can you see how stupid bartomeu is. A player wants to leave and you feel, your best action is to frustrate him, right? You and Bart share the same reasoning. And it's toxicity is affecting this thread.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (4128) (4129) (4130) (4131) (4132) (4133) (4134) ... (6187) (Reply)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.