Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,315 members, 7,836,371 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:27 AM

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (45) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (4633628 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (6210) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by coogar: 3:43pm On Jan 19, 2012
AjanleKoko:

Busquets is the best in the world in his position.
He just needs to improve his overall technique as a player a little.

there's nothing wrong with his technique. name me a defensive midfielder with better tekkers in the world.
when people refer to yaya toure, alex song, tiote and lass as defensive midfielders, i laugh. . . .the game has evolved past having a terrier snapping at heels.

interception is better than tackling. busquets is the first player to make himself available to other players to receive a pass. . .
when trouble comes too, busquets is the first to get there to nullify it. . . .always behind the ball. outstanding workrate. . .positional sense is top draw.

busquets plays in a role that is not appreciated.
what busquets need to improve is his simulation and ugly antics. . . . .it is what people often talk about him rather than his brilliance.

the number of attacking players busquets as nullified in his young career is outstanding.
ozil, kaka, rooney, sneijder, etc have all been sodomized by busquets and he's still only 23?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by eyoniggar(m): 4:52pm On Jan 19, 2012
Ajanle, thanks for that clip, I laughed out my guts yesterday at that very scene, Busi's got this move that seems to make my stomach move whenever he makes it. Most especially acting like a pass is going the right way, then he stylishly sends it the left way. He's truly a genius and I acknowledged his performance yesterday.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Mcleo007(m): 8:49pm On Jan 19, 2012
Such a shame, Busquets is one of the most underrated stars to ever glide the game.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by medjai(m): 10:11pm On Jan 19, 2012
It's good to see him finally getting the respect he deserves. He was named in L'Equipe's team of 2011 alongside Alves, Pique, Xavi, Iniesta and Messi.

Over the past two years, he has marked attacking midfielders as Ozil, Rooney, Sneijder or Fabregas and very recently, Ganso, completely out of games. Ever since Busquets made that position his, attacking midfielders have pretty much been non-factors in big games against Barca.

Not only are his marking skills great, he reads the game better than anyone and his passing/distribution is pretty much perfect. Xavi and Iniesta have complete freedom to attack with Busquets shielding them.

We have improved tenfold since Busquets replaced Touré, we are better in possession and less susceptible to counters.

He'll transition into a more central role soon enough and be Xavi's heir, I believe. I don't see anyone else with the potential/style to play Xavi's role in the future. Busquets is not that different today (in terms of role, way of playing) than Xavi was at 23, except I'd say Busquets is definitely a better player than Xavi was back then.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by hannie: 3:03am On Jan 20, 2012
Jesus wept!!!! shocked

Biscuits being compared to Xavi on the backheel of an inconsequential game with Madrid? undecided

FFS, Biscuits can not do what Xavi does . . .they arent even in the same mould . . . embarassed
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by PoDeep(m): 7:12am On Jan 20, 2012
^^
Was gonna say this but didn't want to sound like one of those who are "blind" to the "immense talent" Biscuit posesses. Smh, una no even talk Cesc to be deployed to a more central role to replace King Xavi, na Busquets. I mean, come on, Bus-bleeping-quets??! Hian!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 8:05am On Jan 20, 2012
Even if we managed to negotiate
past EE, Valencia awaits in the
semis. I am worried about Pinto.
He was subjected to only one
shot at his goal, yet he let it pass.
I suffered through out the match
b/c of him and will suffer again
in nou camp. If it were to be
Valdes, we would have easily
kept a clean sheet. And u know,
madrid will attack in camp nou
and will be guarranted at least five shots on
target. Hw many will he be able
to save. Time will tell but if past
performances are anything to go
by, i am worried.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ogazi007(m): 11:34am On Jan 20, 2012
^^^^I think we should only be worried if Madrid were to come to camp nou to defend and settles for a quick counter,but they needed to score which makes our task lots more easier.only very few teams will be lucky to engage Barca in an open game and comes out without being brutally murdered,its suicidal hence most coach even the attacking minded ones have deployed an ultra defensive tactics just to grab a point in camp nou.play deep into your half,absorb pressure and try hit Barca on a quick brake is the only way to beat this Barcelona side.Meanwhile,Pinto is not really that bad,i personally think he had a good game especially the way he was calm to initiate attack and distribute the ball very well.we need to give him chance to help his confidence.if he is not good enough to play in kings cup what then happens if Valdes has an injury?i trust pep judgement completely and i am positive we will win kings cup laliga and CL.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by medjai(m): 12:32pm On Jan 20, 2012
hannie:

Jesus wept!!!! shocked

Biscuits being compared to Xavi on the backheel of an inconsequential game with Madrid? undecided

FFS, Biscuits can not do what Xavi does . . .they arent even in the same mould . . . embarassed

Po Deep:

^^
Was gonna say this but didn't want to sound like one of those who are "blind" to the "immense talent" Biscuit posesses. Smh, una no even talk Cesc to be deployed to a more central role to replace King Xavi, na Busquets. I mean, come on, Bus-bleeping-quets??! Hian!
Cesc cannot play the Xavi role. The few games he has played the Xavi role, we've suffered. I'd rather have Valdes play that role than Cesc. Cesc's lack of horizontal play automatically rules him out of playing that central midfield role and that's why Pep doesn't play him there.
Busquets is the natural heir to Xavi's throne.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Mcleo007(m): 12:51pm On Jan 20, 2012
If Cesc cant play the Iniesta role (cos of he's inability to take on defences) and also the Xavi role (his lack of horizontal ball-squaring, as suggested here), what role is he going to play? Obviously, the false 9 position he's played in in a few games hasn't be of standard. So?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 3:54pm On Jan 20, 2012
^^
Cesc will play in Barca, in the forward line. Until Barca bring in more forwards, though. After that, he might drop to the bench.
He can't play as the pivot in midfield. Busquets is more suited for that role. The issue is, Busquets is not so mobile, a tad slow even.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Mcleo007(m): 4:29pm On Jan 20, 2012
With the emerging philosophy of Pep's neo-pro football, I see Cesc playing an integral part in rebranding how footbal is conceived. Mind you, we have Thiago and his kid brother coming up the ranks. What we will have at the end of the day is s team consisting of just 3 defenders, 5 midfielders and 2 forwards. Pep is a genius. I'm confident with his resolutions.

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by PoDeep(m): 4:45pm On Jan 20, 2012
I still remain that Pep can redeploy Cesc to that role. He played centrally for Arsenal until Wenger began to put him in the "hole" right behind Adebayor.
The only issue is that Pep needs to teach him how to back-track & stop diving like a bloody wuss. Busquets' ball distribution is no where near Cesc's when Cesc plays centrally, Although I gotta admit, Biscuit keeps posession better than Cesc sha.
As for Thiago, I see him more as an Iniesta-ish player. He takes on defenders pretty well + knows when to release the ball.
*Heavy Sigh* That being said, one cant help but to dey Barca & these una evil youths sha!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by PoDeep(m): 4:47pm On Jan 20, 2012
^^
To dey envy*
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by coolguyz(m): 5:37pm On Jan 20, 2012
http://barcelona.theoffside.com/team-news/mourinho%E2%80%99s-new-pictorial-notes-on-messi.html#more-7316

very hillarious!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ritchboy(m): 10:08pm On Jan 20, 2012
These Barcelona "fans" aren't very bright are they? cheesy
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by coogar: 10:42pm On Jan 20, 2012
AjanleKoko:

^^
Cesc will play in Barca, in the forward line. Until Barca bring in more forwards, though. After that, he might drop to the bench.
He can't play as the pivot in midfield. Busquets is more suited for that role. The issue is, Busquets is not so mobile, a tad slow even.

you still don't understand busquets role. . . .

he's not slow - he plays the way defensive midfielders are supposed to play. . . .he appears immobile so he can maintain position - he must always be [b]behind [/b]the ball when barca are under attack.

he makes himself an outlet to receive a pass and passing it back to another player to retain possession. his passes are usually not more than 5-10 yards.
busquets touches the ball the most in the barca team. he's the reason xavi and iniesta have the license to roam and cause commotion. . . .

sergio is the perfect defensive midfielder. in years to come, people would talk about him like they did with makelele. . . .
what he does appear so simple but it's very difficult which is why he's the unsung hero in the barcelona team.
@ 21, he played full-time in all the world cup games for spain and he was never found wanting once throughout. . . .
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by medjai(m): 1:03am On Jan 21, 2012
Mcleo007:

If Cesc cant play the Iniesta role (cos of he's inability to take on defences) and also the Xavi role (his lack of horizontal ball-squaring, as suggested here), what role is he going to play? Obviously, the false 9 position he's played in in a few games hasn't be of standard. So?
Cesc can play the Iniesta role pretty comfortably. I was saying that rather than shift Iniesta out wide on the left, play Sanchez as a CF and play Cesc in what would have been Iniesta's position in midfield, in the classico, it would have been better if Sanchez played on the wings, Iniesta played his normal role and Cesc played as a false 9.
Altintop was showing us a lot of love down the left hand side, giving Iniesta a lot of space but we didn't exploit that advantage enough because Iniesta is wasted as a winger. Sanchez would have ripped Altintop a new one. Fabregas created a lot of chances from midfield, playing some very clever balls but Iniesta would have done exactly the same thing plus his better dribbling would have given us better penetration which we lacked since Messi played deep and I'd rather have Fabregas on the receiving end of those chances than Iniesta whose finishing leaves a lot to be desired.

In our 3-4-3 formation, Cesc plays a 'false 10' behind Messi. With Messi often dropping deep, he moves into the space that Messi has left behind. That's why he's been scoring lots of goals. He plays more or less as a forward.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by medjai(m): 9:45am On Jan 21, 2012
Red Bull Salzburg have signed B striker, Jonathan Soriano, for €500k plus another €500k in variables. His contract was gonna run out in the summer.

Good guy. I really like this guy. He's a natural finisher. He can b[i]an[/i]g in goals. I was always hoping we would one day promote him. He's 26 already though and it's only right he moves somewhere he can play top level, regular football. I Wish him all the best.

Now our B team will be in serious trouble! Rodri and Kiko have been quite poor, as indeed, the whole team.

Jean Marie Dongou have already been promoted from the Juvenil A team to help the team up front.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 10:02am On Jan 21, 2012
medjai:

Red Bull Salzburg have signed B striker, Jonathan Soriano, for €500k plus another €500k in variables. His contract was gonna run out in the summer.

Good guy. I really like this guy. He's a natural finisher. He can b[i]an[/i]g in goals. I was always hoping we would one day promote him. He's 26 already though and it's only right he moves somewhere he can play top level, regular football. I Wish him all the best.

Now our B team will be in serious trouble! Rodri and Kiko have been quite poor, as indeed, the whole team.

Jean Marie Dongou have already been promoted from the Juvenil A team to help the team up front.

The guy was always too old for Barca B. They signed him as a 23-year old. Good to see him go, although I thought Benfica was in the running for him.
As for Barca B, those guys are just boys playing men in the Segunda. A few of their games I've seen, what lets them down is the absence of physical play. The bulk of Eusebio's team came through from Juvenil A. But I think the experience will be good for them.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 11:36am On Jan 21, 2012
It appears that only the camp nou and santiago bernabeu are the only stadia in la liga that interests Barca players this season. Others are just boring to them, hence they put up a scrappy performance that is just enough to avoid defeat.
I hope Malaga is not the same story.

I wish jonathan goodluck. I still feel barca was unfair to him notwithstanding his obvious talent.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 11:44am On Jan 21, 2012
Johnpaul88:

I wish jonathan goodluck.

Was that said tongue in cheek? cheesy
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Mcleo007(m): 12:38pm On Jan 21, 2012
AjanleKoko:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by medjai(m): 12:51pm On Jan 21, 2012
Johnpaul88:

It appears that only the camp nou and santiago bernabeu are the only stadia in la liga that interests Barca players this season. Others are just boring to them, hence they put up a scrappy performance that is just enough to avoid defeat.
I hope Malaga is not the same story.

I wish jonathan goodluck. I still feel barca was unfair to him notwithstanding his obvious talent.
See punchline o. This had me rolling on the floor.

Funny thing is I feel that we will go and draw in Malaga.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 1:58pm On Jan 21, 2012
AjanleKoko:

just realised what i have written. Lol!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by PoDeep(m): 3:09pm On Jan 21, 2012
Lol me sef wan ask say "No Pun Intended?"
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Orton10(m): 12:56pm On Jan 22, 2012
coogar:

he's not slow - he plays the way defensive midfielders are supposed to play. . . .he appears immobile so he can maintain position - he must always be [b]behind [/b]the ball when barca are under attack.

he makes himself an outlet to receive a pass and passing it back to another player to retain possession. his passes are usually not more than 5-10 yards.
busquets touches the ball the most in the barca team. he's the reason xavi and iniesta have the license to roam and cause commotion. . . .

sergio is the perfect defensive midfielder. in years to come, people would talk about him like they did with makelele. . . .
what he does appear so simple but it's very difficult which is why he's the unsung hero in the barcelona team.
@ 21, he played full-time in all the world cup games for spain and he was never found wanting once throughout. . . .

Chairman console yourself, its very much allowed. Like really, Busquets? 
LOL.
The very day i see Busquets in the same paragraph as Makalele, in any History book, I'll scratch off and eat my own face.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by elowa: 7:16pm On Jan 22, 2012
0-3 at 56', my boiz are having a green field day despite resting a couple of key peeps cool
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by duduspace(m): 8:52pm On Jan 22, 2012
Messi, 5th hat trick of the season. shocked shocked shocked
This guy and CR9 are redefining football.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by medjai(m): 9:10pm On Jan 22, 2012
Fantastic performance. Messi was on dope today. Shame that freekick rattled the crossbar, he could have had 4 goals.

We seem to play better with 4-3-3.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by hannie: 12:05am On Jan 23, 2012
coogar:

Shut the Bleep up Gbenga!!!

na so you dey rant about Riquelme the other time as if say na god of football . . .

why u too dey like overhype player so as to say na u first highlight how great the player go come be?

na wa 4 u o grin

imagine yapping tosh that Biscuits is the unsong hero of Barca . . .who come be the SUNG hero? Adriano? Cuenca?

abegiiiiii tongue
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 9:24am On Jan 23, 2012
Messi usually comes out at the beginning of the year like this.
I've observed him in the last 3 seasons. He is usually stronger in the second half of the season than the first.

Na only God sabi wetin he dey go do for Argentina during Xmas grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (6210) (Reply)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.