Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,767 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:59 PM

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4411) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (4595729 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4408) (4409) (4410) (4411) (4412) (4413) (4414) ... (6188) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Debroslink: 7:51am On Feb 21, 2021
homesteady:
Guys, do you think Thiago Alcantara would have made a difference if he had joined us this January considering what has been happening to liverpool since he joined?

Thiago is not the problem facing Liverpool. Liverpool's problem is the injury to their 1st choice defenders. If Thiago had come to Barca, he'll definitely improve our midfield because he's an upgrade on Pedri. He can shoot, and doesn't depend on #PasstoMessi like Pedri.

3 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by usbcable(m): 8:15am On Feb 21, 2021
chusks:

You're mouthed.

chairman,

how far been a while
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jpmoriarti(m): 8:18am On Feb 21, 2021
Debroslink:

Thiago is not the problem facing Liverpool. Liverpool's problem is the injury to their 1st choice defenders. If Thiago had come to Barca, he'll definitely improve our midfield because he's an upgrade on Pedri. He can shoot, and doesn't depend on #PasstoMessi like Pedri.
Are you saying Messi's career at Barcelona have both been a blessing and a curse? A curse in the sense that other players have failed to take initiatives especially in attack, always looking to rely on his brilliance. sad
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by FirstbornWds: 8:22am On Feb 21, 2021
Krasid:
Oga keep mute and stop explaining nonsense. We are talking young players here, so common sense should have told that generational meant young players who would most likely dominate the next generation with what he have seen so far(generational talent not player). Amongst the current young players Mbappe and Haaland are above the others in terms of skill set and talent and would most likely dominate the next generation. Or we should put Messi and Ronaldo in generational bracket when we are talking strictly about young players? For your own good I hope Messi retires, so that you will stop bringing him up in every conversation. The generation of Messi and Ronaldo is sadly coming to an end, the new generation has already started and the comparisons are already being made. We won't wait till 6 or 7 years before we judge them; they will be be judged every week from now till 8/9 years as was the case of Messi and Ronaldo.

Btw, you still haven't answered what Haaland has to do to be world class. Or is Mbappe the only world class young player we have today?

Truth is, your points are valid but the "likeliness" of those players you refer to as generational talents is still on the edge. Anything could happen and they lose that touch of brilliance, within a jiffy. Of course, you and I know practical examples of players that seemed to be the next best thing but became flops later on.

To me, I believe it's fair to place them within the world-class reach until the next 3-5 years when the known phenomenons are no more.

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 9:14am On Feb 21, 2021
FirstbornWds:

Truth is, your points are valid but the "likeliness" of those players you refer to as generational talents is still on the edge. Anything could happen and they lose that touch of brilliance, within a jiffy. Of course, you and I know practical examples of players that seemed to be the next best thing but became flops later on.

To me, I believe it's fair to place them within the world-class reach until the next 3-5 years when the known phenomenons are no more.
English Language seems to be the problem here.

Players that have not even shone for good 3 years are already being tagged "generational"

Mbappe has only been the best of his peers for maybe over 2 years only.

What happens if for any reason Mbappe changes club and then flops from 2021 to 2030?

2 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 9:14am On Feb 21, 2021
Joviegghead??

Is he on ban?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by FergieRaww(m): 9:16am On Feb 21, 2021
Ronald Koeman : I don't know if I really have to say this but.. We'll beat Cadiz to compensate the people of Barcelona for what happened on Tuesday.

What's this?! as usual Barka and it's coaches no get shame las las grin

2 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by FirstbornWds: 9:16am On Feb 21, 2021
ddippset:
Joviegghead??

Is he on ban?

Be like say e don go Service... NYSC
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 9:17am On Feb 21, 2021
FirstbornWds:

Be like say e don go Service... NYSC
grin

No network there.?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Krasid(m): 9:30am On Feb 21, 2021
ddippset:
"Most likely dominate the next generation."

The phrase "most likely" already renders your submission worthless as toilet paper.

He has not dominated a generation yet and that is why you are using the phrase "most likely"
His generation has not gotten to the top yet.

By the time they do, then their era begins.

As for Halaand, what is the special achievement he has made?
He scored goals for 2 seasons like Immobile and he's world class already?
He's on his way to be world class but let him do it for 4 or 5 seasons consistently.
You just shot yourself in your foot with that Immobile comparison. Where was Immobile when he was 20 yrs? The same Immobile who played for the same Dortmund team and was considered a flop is what you are comparing to Haaland who equalled Immobile's total Bundesliga tally in 23 minutes on his debut. How many UCL goals does Immobile have at 31 (9 goals), whilst Haaland at 20 is already on 17 goals; was the 2nd top scorer last season despite his team being eliminated in the R16 and is the current topscorer this season ahead of household names like Lewa, Messi, CR and other "world class" strikers. Immobile only started becoming relevant when he moved to Lazio, he wasn't beasting a top 5 european league/UCL at 20. Infact, none of your current "world class" strikers was this dominant in the UCL at 20. Yet you just opened your mouth to say Haaland is not yet world class. Your matter tire me aswear.

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Kilishihunter: 9:43am On Feb 21, 2021
FergieRaww:
Ronald Koeman : I don't know if I really have to say this but.. We'll beat Cadiz to compensate the people of Barcelona for what happened on Tuesday.

What's this?! as usual Barka and it's coaches no get shame las las grin
You people can now see what we face now abi That man should bury his head in shame The only way he can compensate a little is winning a trophy which is almost unlikely cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by FirstbornWds: 9:44am On Feb 21, 2021
ddippset:
grin

No network there.?

Lol. Na north side e be like say e go.

I no no weda browsing network day there. Na him thread I see sha
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Kilishihunter: 9:49am On Feb 21, 2021
If atletico drop more points Madrid seem more likely to win la liga unless something happens
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by philfearon(m): 9:59am On Feb 21, 2021
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 10:01am On Feb 21, 2021
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 10:02am On Feb 21, 2021
Kilishihunter:
If atletico drop more points Madrid seem more likely to win la liga unless something happens
Apart fron the VAR factor, Why?

I want facts and figures.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 10:12am On Feb 21, 2021
Krasid:
You just shot yourself in your foot with that Immobile comparison. Where was Immobile when he was 20 yrs? The same Immobile who played for the same Dortmund team and was considered a flop is what you are comparing to Haaland who equalled Immobile's total Bundesliga tally in 23 minutes on his debut. How many UCL goals does Immobile have at 31 (9 goals), whilst Haaland at 20 is already on 17 goals; was the 2nd top scorer last season despite his team being eliminated in the R16 and is the current topscorer this season ahead of household names like Lewa, Messi, CR and other "world class" strikers. Immobile only started becoming relevant when he moved to Lazio, he wasn't beasting a top 5 european league/UCL at 20. Infact, none of your current "world class" strikers was this dominant in the UCL at 20. Yet you just opened your mouth to say Haaland is not yet world class. Your matter tire me aswear.
It doesn't matter what Immobile was at 20 years old.
I did not rate him as world class, perhaps you need to employ the services of an interpreter as you read.

My point is that Immobile wouldn't be regarded as world class yet he's had 2 good seasons.

Haaland has had only 2 good seasons also. I need up to 4 or 5 seasons of consistency before I confidently categorize him under world class.

Even If Messi, Suarez, Griezman, Benzema, Lewy were not as dominant as 20 years old but have done it for over 10 years, you can't put Haaland who has done it for 2 years in their class yet.

Be patient and wait for him to rise and cement his place.

We have seen many players who came out guns blazing and fizzled out after 2 seasons.

The consistency factor should be a very essential one in this categorization.

You are obviously still stuck with this "likely to dominate" mindset.

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 10:15am On Feb 21, 2021
ddippset:

Zidane’s mentality on the team
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 10:19am On Feb 21, 2021
haymekus:

Zidane’s mentality on the team
Then why are we on the same points technically in the league?

Why did we perform better than them in the Super Cup and the Copa Del Rey?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 10:25am On Feb 21, 2021
ddippset:
Then why are we on the same points technically in the league?

Why did we perform better than them in the Super Cup and the Copa Del Rey?

Wait first now, koeman has not played his remaining games, besides Zidane defeated him and also defeated atm

Hmmmm, Zidane might have intentional exited those competition in order to save strength for la liga since he has a slim squad, besides koeman didn’t win any of those competition, so does it even matter?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 10:26am On Feb 21, 2021
I honestly think that Barca Bars and Madrid have equal chances if Athletico actually slip up.

It all depends on which team is able to win games and avoid slip ups.
We have actually had a very good run in la liga in the last 2 months,

In our last 12 la liga games we have had like 10 wins and 2 draws.

Call it against the minnows if you would.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 10:31am On Feb 21, 2021
haymekus:

Wait first now, koeman has not played his remaining games, besides Zidane defeated him and also defeated atm

Hmmmm, Zidane might have intentional exited those competition in order to save strength for la liga since he has a slim squad, besides koeman didn’t win any of those competition, so does it even matter?
Our problem is losing against big teams.

Madrid's own problem is dropping points against small teams.

Overall I might give them a slight advantage but we do have a chance.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by temi1290: 11:25am On Feb 21, 2021
homesteady:
Guys, do you think Thiago Alcantara would have made a difference if he had joined us this January considering what has been happening to liverpool since he joined?

I feel they don't understand his style of game,he's not used to their dirty kick and rush football.The trolling on twitter yesterday was something else.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by temi1290: 11:27am On Feb 21, 2021
Debroslink:

Which one is Pedri that you are just calling anyhow,na only Messi Pedri they pass give?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by grammarnazi12: 11:31am On Feb 21, 2021
temi1290:

Which one is Pedri that you are just calling anyhow,na only Messi Pedri they pass give?
Why are you concerned now that it involves Pedri?

Saying Barcelona relies on pass-to-Messi tactic has always made much sense until Pedri got involved?

The other players accused of pass-to-Messi, don't they pass to other players too?

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jpmoriarti(m): 11:31am On Feb 21, 2021
ddippset:

I wonder o. If not for numerous controversial VAR issues last season, they probably won't have won. Numerous dubious penalty called in favor and never against. Offside goals allowed in favor and never against.

Let's see how this season plays out.

They probably shouldn't have won against Vallladolid yesterday. Valladolid couldn't convert a lot of glith edge chances and were eventually punished. sad

So we will see who stumble first to the finishing line.

2 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by temi1290: 11:35am On Feb 21, 2021
grammarnazi12:

Why are you concerned now that it involves Pedri?

Saying Barcelona relies on pass-to-Messi tactic has always made much sense until Pedri got involved?

The other players accused of pass-to-Messi, don't they pass to other players too?

I'm not sure you understand me, what I'm is Pedri doesn't use the pass-to-messi tactic, I've never seen him directing all his balls to Messi.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by grammarnazi12: 11:37am On Feb 21, 2021
temi1290:

I'm not sure you understand me, what I'm is Pedri doesn't use the pass-to-messi tactic, I've never seen him directing all his balls to Messi.
The players accused of pass-to-Messi don't direct all their passes to Messi too.

This is my personal observation too, yet they are accused of pass-to-Messi.

2 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by temi1290: 11:45am On Feb 21, 2021
grammarnazi12:

The players accused of pass-to-Messi don't direct all their passes to Messi too.

This is my personal observation too, yet they are accused of pass-to-Messi.

Wo,I give up
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by philfearon(m): 1:01pm On Feb 21, 2021
ddippset:
This guy!
cheesy
tesppidd the man!

2 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jpmoriarti(m): 1:02pm On Feb 21, 2021
The same lineup that messed up against PSG?

Is there no punishment for poor performance or is it that the squad is so rotten we do not have any competent alternative?

Quite worrisome. sad sad sad

2 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 1:47pm On Feb 21, 2021
jpmoriarti:
The same lineup that messed up against PSG?

Is there no punishment for poor performance or is it that the squad is so rotten we do not have any competent alternative?

Quite worrisome. sad sad sad

What else do you expect from someone that rewarded them with 2 days mini holiday after such disasterous performance

(1) (2) (3) ... (4408) (4409) (4410) (4411) (4412) (4413) (4414) ... (6188) (Reply)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: a4turitoroman and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.