Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,800 members, 7,862,650 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 09:54 PM

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4487) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (4672849 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4484) (4485) (4486) (4487) (4488) (4489) (4490) ... (6233) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Kilishihunter: 11:10pm On Apr 14, 2021
homesteady:
From Watching these quarter finals, we play the worst football among all the elite clubs. One dimensional, slow football. It's fair to say that we are archaic and should only be displayed in a museum.

I won't really say it's our style of play afterall this same style of play helped us this 21st century I'll rather say it's poor tactical decisions, poor defence and poor output from our attackers generally especially in the big stage ( on rare occasions even from Messi) A lot of things have to be done right before we become a major contender again in the UCL
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by homesteady(m): 11:26pm On Apr 14, 2021
Kilishihunter:

I won't really say it's our style of play afterall this same style of play helped us this 21st century I'll rather say it's poor tactical decisions, poor defence and poor output from our attackers generally especially in the big stage ( on rare occasions even from Messi) A lot of things have to be done right before we become a major contender again in the UCL

Yes it helped us, but the world has moved on. Even Pep who perfected the style has adapted to current trends. He combines possession, quick counters, crosses, all his midfielders shooting at goal, quick closing down when they lose the ball, the have runners.... and many other things.

Barcelona can hardly boast of having a quarter of those things. Na just Messi dey save us.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Kilishihunter: 12:58am On Apr 15, 2021
homesteady:

Yes it helped us, but the world has moved on. Even Pep who perfected the style has adapted to current trends. He combines possession, quick counters, crosses, all his midfielders shooting at goal, quick closing down when they lose the ball, the have runners.... and many other things.

Barcelona can hardly boast of having a quarter of those things. Na just Messi dey save us.
Well you have valid points I expected more crosses and players shooting in the last 10mins of the classico but it was insha Allah as always Versatility is key
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by moufan: 12:49pm On Apr 15, 2021
Kilishihunter:

messi has had just an average season, probably his worst season in a barcelona shirt.ocassional flashes of brilliance does not excuse his overall meh season. some people believe his lost his touch,some say his aged. I'm in the former camp,I think it's best he leaves this season not to ruin his Barcelona legacy
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 1:13pm On Apr 15, 2021
moufan:
messi has had just an average season, probably his worst season in a barcelona shirt.ocassional flashes of brilliance does not excuse his overall meh season. some people believe his lost his touch,some say his aged. I'm in the former camp,I think it's best he leaves this season not to ruin his Barcelona legacy
He's surely leaving.

The biggest mistake he would make now is remain with a team in rebuild.

He has carried people for over 12 years.

It's time for others to carry him till he retires in 4 years.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by nihilistjnr: 3:35pm On Apr 15, 2021
ddippset:
He's surely leaving.

The biggest mistake he would make now is remain with a team in rebuild.

He has carried people for over 12 years.

It's time for others to carry him till he retires in 4 years.

He can go and join Zamalek of Egypt and help them win CAF Champions league

4 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 4:08pm On Apr 15, 2021
nihilistjnr:

He can go and join Zamalek of Egypt and help them win CAF Champions league
No

Not help them, it's high time others helped him.

It's Man City or PSG.

9 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by abduleez1(m): 4:15pm On Apr 15, 2021
homesteady:

Well said. I hold same beliefs.
I feel the Tiki Taka is outdated and stale now, as everyone has moved on from it and have found very effective ways of destroying it. It can't be JuJu that 3 coaches back to back have choked in Europe for the past 4 seasons. Because apart from being different coaches and diff style, they all share the duty of playing the Barca way in some form and playing from the back.

I've seen countless times Barca players would be under serious pressure and will still stick to that useless penchant of passing from the back upfront instead of just clearing the ball out of the line.

That Liverpool match I can count two goals from that scenario. Same as the Bayern humiliation, about 3 goals were from stupid passes from the back which led to fumblings and rival attackers pounced on it. Ter Stegen is also a culprit of this nonsense.

Another very annoying and stupid tactics/trait is the failure of successive Barca coaches to possess a squad that has at least 4 players(midfielders/attackers) who shoots towards goal. You just have a bunch of cowards who only just pass the ball around and give to striker or Messi. Those nonsensical traits were clearly evident in our Classico Defeat and PSG loss.
The entire midfielders are useless except for passing duties or defence. At times you begin to wonder if Barca even possess any attacking midfielder. angry

3 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by joviegghead: 7:02pm On Apr 16, 2021
abduleez1:

I feel the Tiki Taka is outdated and stale now, as everyone has moved on from it and have found very effective ways of destroying it.

Outdated? Maybe not in vogue. It's a style that has revolutionized. Ask pep.

The style has different levels. The one we used to conquer the world was reliant on intricate short passes (excess and unnecessary sometimes).

However, it is still effective when combined with other key facets of the game(shooting, crossing, quick counter and sometime direct attack when there's chance)
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by LordFarquaad(m): 7:22pm On Apr 16, 2021
If this stat is anything to go by..
It's either Laliga has dropped quality or Messi's worst season is some footballers pinnacle..

4 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Virus99: 8:49pm On Apr 16, 2021
LordFarquaad:
If this stat is anything to go by..
It's either Laliga has dropped quality or Messi's worst season is some footballers pinnacle..

Here we go again...in other to suck Pessi's d!ck you must always set aside your reasoning grin

If Pessi indeed has 65 chances created so far...then he's actually having a season of his life because Barca has 69 goals so far!

The problem is he's a lone wolf leading a herd of sheep... So he's not having a bad season. He's in a very bad team.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by DissTroy(m): 7:36am On Apr 17, 2021
abduleez1:

I feel the Tiki Taka is outdated and stale now as everyone has moved on from it and have found very effective ways of destroying it. It can't be JuJu that 3 coaches back to back have choked in Europe for the past 4 seasons. Because apart from being different coaches and diff style, they all share the duty of playing the Barca way in some form and playing from the back.

angry

You definitely aren't a Cule. If you are, you'd know the 2014/2015 era and beyond saw the ditching of Tiki Taka by Luis Enrique. That doubled as the time when some of its last disciples left or retired too: Xavi, Iniesta, Alves and the likes.

Luis Enrique focuses more on attacking football and that's what gave birth to the fiercest attacking trio - MSN. When one of the trio left in 2016/2017, Tiki Taka was buried and all the players and coaches brought in since then have been technically unfit to even try it. Little phasing of La Masia cadets with the philosophy into the first team as it has always been.

Man. City still plays the closest to that possessive kind of football and if you watch closely, their games are more enjoyable.

Tiki Taka isn't outdated - it was forcefully retired and relegated to Barcelona's nostalgic memories, no thanks to the now-disgraced President.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by obonujoker(m): 7:41am On Apr 17, 2021
ddippset:
No

Not help them, it's high time others helped him.

It's Man City or PSG.

Lol..... Why?? Why Why??

Manchester United or Inter Milan needs Pessi grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 12:19pm On Apr 17, 2021
obonujoker:

Lol..... Why?? Why Why??

Manchester United or Inter Milan needs Pessi grin
If he goes to either of these 2 teams he will still be carrying them.

He cannot carry people all the way from 22 years to 33 years..

And still be carrying at 34.

Man City, PSG or Bayern for me.

8 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by grammarnazi12: 3:24pm On Apr 17, 2021
DissTroy:

You definitely aren't a Cule. If you are, you'd know the 2014/2015 era and beyond saw the ditching of Tiki Taka by Luis Enrique. That doubled as the time when some of its last disciples left or retired too: Xavi, Iniesta, Alves and the likes.

Luis Enrique focuses more on attacking football and that's what gave birth to the fiercest attacking trio - MSN. When one of the trio left in 2016/2017, Tiki Taka was buried and all the players and coaches brought in since then have been technically unfit to even try it. Little phasing of La Masia cadets with the philosophy into the first team as it has always been.

Man. City still plays the closest to that possessive kind of football and if you watch closely, their games are more enjoyable.

Tiki Taka isn't outdated - it was forcefully retired and relegated to Barcelona's nostalgic memories, no thanks to the now-disgraced President.
I agree with you.

For any discipline, you need worthy disciples.

Tiki-taka is like a discipline needing worthy disciples.

But since there are no worthy disciples, people think it is dead.

This Barcelona team cannot even stay true to any tactic.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Phraser: 8:21pm On Apr 17, 2021
Two goalkeepers, but neither Riqui Puig nor Pjanic is on the bench.

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Kilishihunter: 8:28pm On Apr 17, 2021
Phraser:
Two goalkeepers, but neither Riqui Puig nor Pjanic is on the bench.
I'm really surprised too Pique is starting and griezmann is starting alongside dembele Let's wait and see
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Kilishihunter: 8:30pm On Apr 17, 2021
A beardless Messi is a dangerous Messi Game on

8 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by BlueMann: 8:36pm On Apr 17, 2021
De Jong shocked

Too bad
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 8:40pm On Apr 17, 2021
Abeg which station dey show dis match for DStv??
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by BlueMann: 8:41pm On Apr 17, 2021
I know it's messi, but Jesus Christ that pass to Griezmann was filthy. WTF sad
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Kilishihunter: 8:49pm On Apr 17, 2021
OkpaNsukkaisBae:
Abeg which station dey show dis match for DStv??
They don't have the broadcasting license Either you find someone with startimes watching it or you stream it online
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Neimar: 8:53pm On Apr 17, 2021
Must Pedri start?
WTF angry
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by obonujoker(m): 9:06pm On Apr 17, 2021
Barca must lose today

4 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 9:18pm On Apr 17, 2021
Kilishihunter:

They don't have the broadcasting license Either you find someone with startimes watching it or you stream it online

Nawa ooo... Even for the final? Dem no try.

Na to follow the match thread for Reddit.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Kilishihunter: 9:20pm On Apr 17, 2021
This same stupid anti football Bilbao played in the super copa is still not punished If I talk about the referee overlooking most of these rough acts They'll say I'm making excuses again
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jpmoriarti(m): 9:25pm On Apr 17, 2021
We huffed and puffed. Not able to put any chance away. Lack of presence in Bilbao's box, allowing their defence to settle in nicely without much issues.

And we continue to look shaky at the back one or two times ATH ventured forward.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ThierryJay: 9:37pm On Apr 17, 2021
What I am seeing on display here tonight is not even Tiki-taka. At least, Tiki-taka involved some mesmerizing passing interchange in the midfield. But our play this night has been rather aimless passing which has been laborious and painful to watch.

I don't know how to say it, but our current system of play limits the number of key scoring chances we can have. It takes too long for the team to create a dangerous moment. It's a system that is heavily reliant on Messi creating moments of magic to flourish. The thing is you cannot realistically be expecting moments of magic in every game before you can even have decent chances!

I hope the Madrid defeat has not also affected our player's confidence. We need that to be at a high level during this run-in.

Regardless, Barca will win in the end.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Kilishihunter: 9:37pm On Apr 17, 2021
Griezmann Chai
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by TheHulk616: 9:42pm On Apr 17, 2021
Kilishihunter:
Griezmann Chai
Please lose please

3 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Kilishihunter: 9:49pm On Apr 17, 2021
TheHulk616:
Please lose please
0-1 griezzy

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ThierryJay: 9:50pm On Apr 17, 2021
Goal Grizzy. Much better from the team.

We are taking home the first trophy in Spain this season.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (4484) (4485) (4486) (4487) (4488) (4489) (4490) ... (6233) (Reply)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.