Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,672 members, 7,865,701 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 12:09 AM

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (468) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (4678067 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (465) (466) (467) (468) (469) (470) (471) ... (6234) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 11:58pm On Nov 23, 2014
barackohandso:
Vermaelen suffers hamstring injury
Which kind bad market be this one na?
how person go just siddon carry money go buy injury? come de pay the injury join am? lol. aaiyaaa, i feel for the guy sha. make God help am.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by coded01: 12:09am On Nov 24, 2014
ddippset:
infact i got it slightly wrong. it is 253 goals from 250 starts.

Undisputed king of football... cheesy
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 12:13am On Nov 24, 2014
Baddestguyp:
or else what? undecided tongue
I will spank your azz
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Baddestguyp(m): 12:25am On Nov 24, 2014
ddippset:
that's not possible when even the shortlist of the top 3 will be made on december 1st.
im talking of final voting, not shortlist
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Baddestguyp(m): 12:28am On Nov 24, 2014
claireshan:
I will spank your azz
if I hear... *sma* tongue
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 6:05am On Nov 24, 2014
Baddestguyp:
im talking of final voting, not shortlist
there is only one round of voting, after which the top 3 are revealed just for the sake of invitation to the podium. there's nothing like final voting.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 6:06am On Nov 24, 2014
ddippset:
infact i got it slightly wrong. it is 253 goals from 250 starts.
nna na wa o. abi na from im village?
Zubi has to go. Imagine a doctor giving a warning signal for him not to purchase that guy, but he was adamant. I guess because the club belongs to him and he does whatever he likes.
I no dey even bother myself count Vermaelen as our player sef.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 6:07am On Nov 24, 2014
ddippset:
there is only one round of voting, after which the top 3 are revealed just for the sake of invitation to the podium. there's nothing like final voting.
True.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 6:10am On Nov 24, 2014
dmcdad:

Zubi has to go. Imagine a doctor giving a warning signal for him not to purchase that guy, but he was adamant. I guess because the club belongs to him and he does whatever he likes.
I no dey even bother myself count Vermaelen as our player sef.
i was very optimistic when he was signed, but now its not funny any longer o. this means we are one defender less. we are stuck with just pique, bartra and mathiues. not good at all.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 6:54am On Nov 24, 2014
ddippset:
i was very optimistic when he was signed, but now its not funny any longer o. this means we are one defender less. we are stuck with just pique, bartra and mathiues. not good at all.
This is not good at all. We need a player of his caliber. He would really bring alot of experience to our defence, but imagine what injury is doing to him. The question that comes to the fore is; will he ever be ok?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 8:07am On Nov 24, 2014
Arsenal & Man Utd seek Vermaelen loan

Arsenal and Manchester United have been linked with a surprise January loan move for Barcelona's Thomas Vermaelen. Despite only joining the Catalans in the summer, the Belgian has struggled with injury and could be made available.

Source: Mundo Deportivo

I don't even know what to say again.. lipsrsealed
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by coded01: 8:17am On Nov 24, 2014
Picture of the day!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy

Captain Puyol hugging the Ordained King Of Football... cool

2 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by coded01: 8:22am On Nov 24, 2014
Ever since last night’s game, Lionel Messi has been the headline of every story after breaking Telmo Zarra’s long standing record with a beautiful hat-trick. FC Barcelona are lucky to have him. But it’s okay, Messi’s history will mention Sevilla as well – albeit, not in the way they might have wanted. Twenty-one goals against the Andalucians made them joint favourite victims of the great Leo Messi. Any guess who are they joint with? grin That’s right, the other favourite victim of La Pulga are Barça’s eternal rivals, Real Madrid... tongue Ironically, Messi’s last hat-trick, before the one on Saturday, was also against Real Madrid... grin

So what do you think it is? Do Sevilla and Real Madrid have something in common that triggers Leo? Maybe it’s the white shirts… grin

http://www.totalbarca.com/2014/news/number-of-the-day-21/

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by coded01: 8:41am On Nov 24, 2014
Face of a humble man & player... cool

2 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 8:43am On Nov 24, 2014
This is what we have been missing thus far...

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by coded01: 8:46am On Nov 24, 2014
MESSI THE KING OF SOCCER!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy

The World celebrates a Rare Genius cheesy While Marca keeps hating! angry tongue

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 8:51am On Nov 24, 2014
seriously, i really don't understand zubizarreta.
out of all the defenders in this world, why vermaelen?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by philfearon(m): 9:20am On Nov 24, 2014
Austeenx:
seriously, i really don't understand zubizarreta.
out of all the defenders in this world, why vermaelen?
E don do Na...Deed has already been done.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Baddestguyp(m): 9:41am On Nov 24, 2014
ddippset:
wrong, just like last year, voting ends December check FIFA site
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 11:07am On Nov 24, 2014
Respect!

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 11:25am On Nov 24, 2014
Is it a coincidence that lightning has indeed struck twice? Hardly! This is more like deja vu.

Why would these guys not just let Messi be? In 2012 when he broke Gerd Muller's goals in a single year record, all of a sudden, we started hearing stories of how Zico surpassed it (from Brazil), which was false. We also heard of how an African guy surpassed it (unverified). My question then was; why the heck did they not open it up before Messi broke the record? Fast forward 2 years on and that question lingers...

With Messi breaking Telmo Zarra's long standing record last weekend, all of a sudden Madrid-based papers (as usual) are reporting that 251 might not be the exact figure as it seemed he scored more or less (242 - 265). Abeg make una help me ask; since all these while wey Messi never break the record, why them no make this finding?

It's official now: Messi against the World. All these controversies emanating from Madrid makes me hate the Madrid-based club (Real) all the more.

But why are they bitter? Could it be that Madrid wouldn't want this to come to fruition, albeit it's inevitable? Or could it just be that it's Messi against Spain, since he is a non-Spaniard (at least by birth)? Well, if you ask me, I would go with the formal rather than the latter.

Fellow Culés, abeg we need look into this matter.

[size=36]Doubts surround Telmo Zarra’s goal tally[/size]

Messi broke the Athletic Bilbao player’s record on Saturday. After studying eight sources of historic information, Zarra’s league goal total’s range from 242 to 265 goals. It’s almost impossible to determine the correct figure.

Leo Messi broke the league goal scoring record of 251 goals held by Telmo Zarra last Saturday according to official LFP data. However there are eight other sources who cite the Basque player’s goal tally as anywhere between 242 and 265 goals. The question is, how many goals did Zarra really score? Is the official LFP figure accurate? To try and cast some light on the matter Mister Chip studied each season in depth, consulting and contrasting with the eight different sources.

The first conclusion is that Zarra’s total is definitely between 242 and 265 goals. It’s absolutely certain that he scored at least 242 goals. There are however 23 goals where discrepancies lie amongst the various sources. After a detailed analysis of all the data connected with these particular goals where doubts prevailed, it would appear from the findings, that the correct figure would appear to be 253 goals. The same figure that Messi has reached after scoring his hat-trick on Saturday against Sevilla.

Some may ask, how can there be so many discrepancies? There are various motives. 1) Until 1948, players didn’t use numbers on the playing shirts which provoked confusion for those recording match details at the time, especially in identifying players from the visiting team. 2) At the time there was no uniform criteria in assigning goals with goalscorers, each chronicler had his own idea on the matter. 3) The differences in criteria surrounding possible own-goals. However in the case where there is sufficient detailed information in describing the goal, then we can make more accurate deductions in the adding up of Zarra's league goals.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 11:32am On Nov 24, 2014
bykebyke:
Arsenal & Man Utd seek Vermaelen loan

Arsenal and Manchester United have been linked with a surprise January loan move for Barcelona's Thomas Vermaelen. Despite only joining the Catalans in the summer, the Belgian has struggled with injury and could be made available.

Source: Mundo Deportivo

I don't even know what to say again.. lipsrsealed

Not signing Benatia or Marquinhos was a significant error. Price notwithstanding. Since we were within FFP limits, it would not have cost more than an additional 15-18 million euros to land either. Now wer're stuck with an ageing and injury-prone defender who probably may end up not playing a single game for Barca angry
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Krasid(m): 12:04pm On Nov 24, 2014
Congrats to messi for being la liga all time top goalscorer.It took him 10 years to achieve this feat.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 12:15pm On Nov 24, 2014
Krasid:
Congrats to messi for being la liga all time top goalscorer.It took him 10 years to achieve this feat.
For how many years did Raul play at Madrid?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by pixtuk(m): 2:44pm On Nov 24, 2014
Neymar bows to dinho and baba

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 3:42pm On Nov 24, 2014
dmcdad:
Respect!
Did you see that? "...You conquered us all with your humility and talent" Humility, a trait lacking in Ronaldo and that's why Messi will forever be king! Ii said this sometime last year that the best of this dude is yet to be seen. Most players who lost their crown was for lack of humility and they allow their successes to get into their head. Same can not be said for Messi. The only thing I am not so cool with is the news that Messi smokes. Which may affect him in the long run. I am not certain whether that is true anyway. You tell me as a Barca fan.

Messi has got talent... Ronaldo has got struggling/fighting spirit, both are on different levels.

2 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Baddestguyp(m): 4:38pm On Nov 24, 2014
2sExy1:
Did you see that? "...You conquered us all with your humility and talent" Humility, a trait lacking in Ronaldo and that's why Messi will forever be king! Ii said this sometime last year that the best of this dude is yet to be seen. Most players who lost their crown was for lack of humility and they allow their successes to get into their head. Same can not be said for Messi. The only thing I am not so cool with is the news that Messi smokes. Which may affect him in the long run. I am not certain whether that is true anyway. You tell me as a Barca fan.

Messi has got talent... Ronaldo has got struggling/fighting spirit, both are on different levels.
messi smokes?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 4:56pm On Nov 24, 2014
2sExy1:

Messi smokes? shocked Nah nah nah... If that were true, I guess I would have read it somewhere. Afterall, the media come up with things (both the ones he did or is guilty of as well as the ones he didn't and would never do), and of those things I have never read anywhere that he smokes. That should be false most definitely. Moreover, Mathieu that came just some few months back is well confirmed to be a smoker. Can you imagine Messi being a smoker and the media haven't done justice to him all these years?

Anything Messi is news, and a case of smoking should be more news than news (lol) because they just can't leave La Pulga alone. He is that good!

So, from my own knowledge, that is most definitely false.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 6:14pm On Nov 24, 2014
Baddestguyp:
messi smokes?
dmcdad:

Messi smokes? shocked Nah nah nah... If that were true, I guess I would have read it somewhere. Afterall, the media come up with things (both the ones he did or is guilty of as well as the ones he didn't and would never do), and of those things I have never read anywhere that he smokes. That should be false most definitely. Moreover, Mathieu that came just some few months back is well confirmed to be a smoker. Can you imagine Messi being a smoker and the media haven't done justice to him all these years?
Anything Messi is news, and a case of smoking should be more news than news (lol) because they just can't leave La Pulga alone. He is that good!

Bro, I heard it from someone and I didn't really believe it and that was why I quoted dmcdad requesting that he enlighten me on the veracity of that claim or allegation. I wasnt really happy on hearing that he smokes because Messi is a genius whom I love.

I love football but I don't follow what happens like you guys do. So, forgive muy ignorance for almost accepting what I was told hook line and sinker.

So, base on what you have said here, I will take it that he is not a smoker and my heart is much gladdened.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by philfearon(m): 6:35pm On Nov 24, 2014
dmcdad:

This your Statement can be called Fallacy of Argumentum ad Ignorantiam and Argumentum ad Verecundiam....
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by onuwaje(m): 7:13pm On Nov 24, 2014
philfearon:

This your Statement can be called Fallacy of Argumentum ad Ignorantiam and Argumentum ad Verecundiam....

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 7:24pm On Nov 24, 2014
2sExy1:

Bro, I heard it from someone and I didn't really believe it and that was why I quoted dmcdad requesting that he enlighten me on the veracity of that claim or allegation. I wasnt really happy on hearing that he smokes because Messi is a genius whom I love.

I love football but I don't follow what happens like you guys do. So, forgive muy ignorance for almost accepting what I was told hook line and sinker.

So, base on what you have said here, I will take it that he is not a smoker and my heart is much gladdened.
Nice one bro.

(1) (2) (3) ... (465) (466) (467) (468) (469) (470) (471) ... (6234) (Reply)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.