Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,575 members, 7,847,426 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 05:20 PM

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (5016) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (4648291 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5013) (5014) (5015) (5016) (5017) (5018) (5019) ... (6222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Topmaike007(m): 7:54am On Dec 09, 2021
obainojazz:
West ham to win Barcelona in Europa cool
And over 2.5
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ALEXAPLAYME: 7:58am On Dec 09, 2021
Never give up on your dreams

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jpmoriarti(m): 8:04am On Dec 09, 2021
If Messi were here, what will his presence buy us? Probably another round of 16. That's it. And the rumble goes on.

Barca need to take a deliberate approach towards growing the team again after 21 years at the top level. These things don't happen by chance. It takes years of good planning to be at the top, but it also takes years of bad planning to hit rock bottom.

Since 2016, Barca removed the feet off the pedal. We stopped growing. We stopped planning and we started descending. Messi masked the inadequacies and we trudged on, hoping to be miraculously rescued.

But there was no miracle to be had. Rather, it was a brutal punishment after another. cool

6 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by pu7pl3(m): 8:26am On Dec 09, 2021
DissTroy:

I already informed you nothing can break a Barça fan more than that 8 - 2 thumping and losing a 3-0 lead to Liverpool.

And to be honest, I didn't bother seeing the game. Getting lost in the throes of tumblings beneath the sheets behind drawn curtains and beneath dimmed lights seemed like a better way to spend the evening given the other options.

Another thing: Screw Muller! He's a nitwit for not scoring 20 goals after the Balon d'Or quip.

IMO going down to the Europa is worse for a club like Barca and salt would be added to injury if they fail to win it

2 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by pu7pl3(m): 8:27am On Dec 09, 2021
Kilishihunter:

grin, I say how much you go drop, you dey tell me bookmarked

I'm not willing to bet cos I might lose but I bookmarked it just incase cheesy grin

[img]https://c./xo1JUb77UUoAAAAM/logic-think.gif[/img]

2 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by pu7pl3(m): 8:33am On Dec 09, 2021
ALEXAPLAYME:
Never give up on your dreams

They even brought reciepts grin grin grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by usbcable(m): 8:44am On Dec 09, 2021
jpmoriarti:
Were you expecting Barcelona ills to evaporate overnight? It doesn't work like that. These things take time. We're dealing with human beings not some robot. You of all people, should know that.

Xavi's approach is the right one. It might not have borne fruit a month down the line, but bringing back discipline and family spirit amongst squad, is the right thing to do.

As he rightly pointed out yesterday, we're starting from the scratch again. Building from the ground up. No one said it was going to be easy.
Been a log while I threw jabs at you pipu.

pls allow a man revel in triumph in peace.

I like as you all are shalaye-ing grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jpmoriarti(m): 8:47am On Dec 09, 2021
usbcable:

Been a log while I threw jabs at you pipu.

pls allow a man revel in triumph in peace.

I like as you all are shalaye-ing grin
Well, no better time to throw jabs at a fallen giant than now. Enjoy yourself man.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by usbcable(m): 8:53am On Dec 09, 2021
jpmoriarti:
Well, no better time to throw jabs at a fallen giant than now. Enjoy yourself man.

Pls help reach out to deeps. Dude is cowing behind sofa since yesterday
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by izzou(m): 8:54am On Dec 09, 2021
The way you guys are shouting REBUILD, as if it would be completed next season.

Make Una ask Liverpool and Inter how long it took them to bounce back.

I just hope you guys won't call for Xavi's head, when you go three seasons without anything to show for it.

As you are rebuilding, others are strengthening.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by tesppidd: 10:02am On Dec 09, 2021
usbcable:

Pls help reach out to deeps. Dude is cowing behind sofa since yesterday
There is a bigger likelihood for Barca to win Europa than for Madrid to win the UCL.

We shall see at the end of the season.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by DissTroy(m): 10:03am On Dec 09, 2021
pu7pl3:

IMO going down to the Europa is worse for a club like Barca and salt would be added to injury if they fail to win it

Ironically, I'd rather (like most Cules are also opining) we drop out of the Europa League. Winning it is proving a nonexistent point amongst elite peers.
Sevilla have won the Europa 5 times (and 3 times in a roll) yet they aren't exactly considered an elite club. Even Atletico Madrid are considered higher than Sevilla, the quintuple Europa trophies even.

My prayer: Barça gets kicked out of that losers' tournament, and we focus on the La Liga and other domestic trophies even. (Top 4 should be the goal now.) Then we bounce back next season with Xavi having considerable time to reinforce or bolster the squad.

2 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jpmoriarti(m): 10:13am On Dec 09, 2021
Can Barca apply to UEFA to exempt them from this edition of Europa League grin grin Our position can go to Young boys or auctioned out to the highest bidder and the proceeds given to charity. tongue tongue

Like, thanks but no thanks cheesy cheesy

This is a loser's tournament. They will drag us down with them into mediocrity and obscurity. Who knows how long it will take us to recover from this setback. angry angry

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by DissTroy(m): 10:14am On Dec 09, 2021
izzou:
The way you guys are shouting REBUILD, as if it would be completed next season.
Make Una ask Liverpool and Inter how long it took them to bounce back.
Antonio Conte took less than two years to rebuild Chelsea from languishing at almost the button of the table, to surviving, to winning the EPL, and to competing in Europe again.
And that was a Chelsea without an identity (only having one now under Tuchel).

Pep Guardiola did it in a year. Yes, he had a superhuman magician called Messi and La Masia greats at his disposal but we aren't asking that Xavi wins the Treble. Nobody asked that of Pep.

We are only asking that first and foremost, he brings back the Barça identity. We want to be able to recognise the team. Once he does that, every other thing would fall into play naturally.

According to Muller last night, "Barcelona do not have the capacity to keep up in intensity matches." Ironically, the Tiki Taka (our identity) was known to be high intensity and teams couldn't keep up with us. Chelsea, Liverpool, Man City and Bayern play that way now too.

That's the primary thing we ask of Xavi, and why his appointment heralded so much optimism. He's arguably the best student of Tiki Taka alive today after all.

8 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Moura7(m): 11:16am On Dec 09, 2021
DissTroy:

Ironically, I'd rather (like most Cules are also opining) we drop out of the Europa League. Winning it is proving a nonexistent point amongst elite peers.
Sevilla have won the Europa 5 times (and 3 times in a roll) yet they aren't exactly considered an elite club. Even Atletico Madrid are considered higher than Sevilla, the quintuple Europa trophies even.

My prayer: Barça gets kicked out of that losers' tournament, and we focus on the La Liga and other domestic trophies even. (Top 4 should be the goal now.) Then we bounce back next season with Xavi having considerable time to reinforce or bolster the squad.

Bull's eye! Exactly my thoughts.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Neimar: 11:27am On Dec 09, 2021
Still in disbelief!! embarassed

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by usbcable(m): 11:58am On Dec 09, 2021
tesppidd:
There is a bigger likelihood for Barca to win Europa than for Madrid to win the UCL.

We shall see at the end of the season.

The shame wey go catch you when West Ham or Lyon disgrace Baka out of UEL.
This place will be a carnival
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nilon: 12:26pm On Dec 09, 2021
Ehya I hear say dem hammer barca
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by izzou(m): 12:31pm On Dec 09, 2021
DissTroy:

Antonio Conte took less than two years to rebuild Chelsea from languishing at almost the button of the table, to surviving, to winning the EPL, and to competing in Europe again.
And that was a Chelsea without an identity (only having one now under Tuchel).

Pep Guardiola did it in a year. Yes, he had a superhuman magician called Messi and La Masia greats at his disposal but we aren't asking that Xavi wins the Treble. Nobody asked that of Pep.

We are only asking that first and foremost, he brings back the Barça identity. We want to be able to recognise the team. Once he does that, every other thing would fall into play naturally.

According to Muller last night, "Barcelona do not have the capacity to keep up in intensity matches." Ironically, the Tiki Taka (our identity) was known to be high intensity and teams couldn't keep up with us. Chelsea, Liverpool, Man City and Bayern play that way now too.

That's the primary thing we ask of Xavi, and why his appointment heralded so much optimism. He's arguably the best student of Tiki Taka alive today after all.

True, but for every success story, there are those who failed.

Not a Barcelona fan, but I love Xavi, and I would hate to see him shown the door.

I still consider him an amateur in coaching. Coaching is very different from playing.

The team is at the lowest of the lows now, and this is really a huge task for a professional manager, talk less of Xavi with a lesser experience.

I wish you guys well though

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by DissTroy(m): 12:46pm On Dec 09, 2021
izzou:

love Xavi.

I still consider him an amateur in coaching. Coaching is very different from playing.

Pep only coached a Barça B before coaching Barcelona, and winning trebles.

Zidane only coached Real Madrid third division team before leading Madrid to glory.

Xavi turned a bunch of camel herders to kicking the ball around like La Masia players and giving them an identity in Al-Sadd. Like Pep, he's a student of La Masia and Tiki Taka, and has the right temperament and leadership style.
Xavi should do well. Maybe not win the UCL but he'd do well.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nilon: 12:47pm On Dec 09, 2021
jpmoriarti:
Can Barca apply to UEFA to exempt them from this edition of Europa League grin grin Our position can go to Young boys or auctioned out to the highest bidder and the proceeds given to charity. tongue tongue

Like, thanks but no thanks cheesy cheesy

This is a loser's tournament. They will drag us down with them into mediocrity and obscurity. Who knows how long it will take us to recover from this setback. angry angry
go and sleep. Your barca is not qualified to play in europa. They are poor, boring and uninspiring. They should be playing in division four. They are not fit to compete in laliga and europe. Enyimba will beat barca.

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Lana1(m): 1:41pm On Dec 09, 2021
TLona1:

We shall qualify.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by tesppidd: 1:52pm On Dec 09, 2021
IMO we should climb down our high horse (the horse is already low sef; that's if the there is any horse at all)..

We can actually win the Europa league if Xavi does the right thing.
Backing out isn't the right mentality.

Forget all the West Ham banters, we can.

If we have our fully squad back and fit; Fati, Dembele, Pedri and co.
Things actually fell apart at the beginning of the season but with the players we have, and with Xavi, we can do an appreciable job.

We can win the Europa league, and have a shot at the UEFA Super Cup as well (depending on who wins the UCL)

At this stage there is nothing like being to big for Europa when in actual fact we are small for Europa.

And like I opined earlier there is no shame for a team which has won numerous UCL titles to add the Europa cup to it's cabinet.

We have all witnessed the great A.C. Milan, Manchester United and Chelsea fight for the Europa trophy.

Wouldn't do nobody no harm if we set a target of a 4th place finish, The Europa league and the UEFA Super Cup this season.

And build from there.

2 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Neimar: 2:05pm On Dec 09, 2021
Europa Keh embarassed
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jpmoriarti(m): 2:15pm On Dec 09, 2021
tesppidd:
IMO we should climb down our high horse (the horse is already low sef; that's if the there is any horse at all)..

We can actually win the Europa league if Xavi does the right thing.
Backing out isn't the right mentality.

Forget all the West Ham banters, we can.

If we have our fully squad back and fit; Fati, Dembele, Pedri and co.
Things actually fell apart at the beginning of the season but with the players we have, and with Xavi, we can do an appreciable job.

We can win the Europa league, and have a shot at the UEFA Super Cup as well (depending on who wins the UCL)

At this stage there is nothing like being to big for Europa when in actual fact we are small for Europa.

And like I opined earlier there is no shame for a team which has won numerous UCL titles to add the Europa cup to it's cabinet.

We have all witnessed the great A.C. Milan, Manchester United and Chelsea fight for the Europa trophy.

Wouldn't do nobody no harm if we set a target of a 4th place finish, The Europa league and the UEFA Super Cup this season.

And build from there.
I agree with you 100% but this Europa still dey do me some how. I went to wikipedia to actually read how the whole thing works. I realised we are going to be playing a knockout with the teams that finished 2nd in their group. Then if we qualify, the round of 16 with group winners starts in match.

Yeahh everyone is admiring Chelsea now but they actually played and won the Europa twice not too long ago. And Man United fans actually cried after losing to Villareal last season in the final. So big clubs do play the Europa and actually aspire to win.

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by hopefulLandlord: 2:27pm On Dec 09, 2021
Barcelona scored an impressive 2 (two) goals in the 2021/22 UCL group stage but how do they compare to players?
research has shown 27 (twenty seven) players scored more than Barcelona

Sébastien Haller 10

Robert Lewandowski 9

Christopher Nkunku 7

Mohamed Salah 7

Cristiano Ronaldo 6

Leroy Sané 5

Karim Benzema 5

Riyad Mahrez 5

Lionel Messi 5

Kylian Mbappé 4

Pedro Gonçalves 4

Antoine Griezmann 4

Karim Adeyemi 3

Steven Berghuis 3

Marco Reus 3

André Silva 3

Hans Vanaken 3

Gabriel Jesus 3

Timo Werner 3

Paulo Dybala 3

Edin Dzeko 3

Paulinho 3

Darwin Núñez 3

Donyell Malen 3

Erling Haaland 3

Jonathan David 3

Noah Okafor 3

Players who scored as much as Barca

Antony

Vinícius Júnior

João Cancelo

Duván Zapata

Thomas Müller

Rodrygo

Emil Forsberg

Sebastien Thill

Serge Gnabry

Ivan Rakitic

Pablo Sarabia

Federico Chiesa

Raheem Sterling

Romelu Lukaku

Adama Traore

Arnaut Danjuma

Álvaro Morata

Toni Kroos

Renato Steffen

Claudinho

Roberto Firmino

Mats Rits

Fernando

Sadio Mané

Luis Díaz

Georginio Wijnaldum

Dominik Szoboszlai

Jorginho

Sebastián Coates

Lukas Nmecha

Jordan Siebatcheu

Sardar Azmoun

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by tesppidd: 2:31pm On Dec 09, 2021
Neimar:
Europa Keh embarassed
grin

Reality cuts like a knife!

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by tesppidd: 2:38pm On Dec 09, 2021
jpmoriarti:
I agree with you 100% but this Europa still dey do me some how. I went to wikipedia to actually read how the whole thing works. I realised we are going to be playing a knockout with the teams that finished 2nd in their group. Then if we qualify, the round of 16 with group winners starts in match.

Yeahh everyone is admiring Chelsea now but they actually played and won the Europa twice not too long ago. And Man United fans actually cried after losing to Villareal last season in the final. So big clubs do play the Europa and actually aspire to win.
It's actually quite gruelling but I think adding that trophy to the 5 UCLs we have already won't be bad.

Plus going on to contest for a one off Super Cup trophy.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jpmoriarti(m): 3:09pm On Dec 09, 2021
tesppidd:
It's actually quite gruelling but I think adding that trophy to the 5 UCLs we have already won't be bad.

Plus going on to contest for a one off Super Cup trophy.

All depends on the players we have that can score goal. With this same crop of players? I doubt it. And injury has hit us really hard. With Ansu and Braithwaite in this team, there is no way we won't have won the Benfica game that ended 0-0 and seal our progression to round of 16.

2 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Neimar: 3:16pm On Dec 09, 2021
tesppidd:
grin

Reality cuts like a knife!

Laughing with a drop of tears sad

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Devvy4: 5:28pm On Dec 09, 2021
Barka fans are already dreaming of winning the Europa league and Playing the Super Cup finals??

grin cheesy grin Barka fans are pure clowns I swear

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Devvy4: 5:29pm On Dec 09, 2021
jpmoriarti:
All depends on the players we have that can score goal. With this same crop of players? I doubt it. And injury has hit us really hard. With Ansu and Braithwaite in this team, there is no way we won't have won the Benfica game that ended 0-0 and seal our progression to round of 16.

I no blame you, na cheap goals against bottom teams they cause all these capping

(1) (2) (3) ... (5013) (5014) (5015) (5016) (5017) (5018) (5019) ... (6222) (Reply)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.