Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,536 members, 7,816,308 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:16 AM

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (5974) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (4590751 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5971) (5972) (5973) (5974) (5975) (5976) (5977) ... (6187) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Culer: 8:12am On Aug 02, 2023
oliverano:

Yes, I wouldn't mind him on the right. He's a very productive player at all levels. My kind of world class player.

I heard he's toxic but don't know how true coz same was said about Auba before he joined but he turned out good for us.

For Cancelo...money dey so abi na loan?
Loan most probably. But City wouldn't want another loan operation again. They might want to cut costs and do away with him completely, so the deal is gonna be really complicated for us because of the cost of the deal and his wage demands.

Of course cancelo is a classy player and would fit in seamlessly..
I really don't buy all that toxicism stuff about him, it's been grossly overblown tbh.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by brandon180(m): 8:32am On Aug 02, 2023
I thought Mancity wanted raphinha.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jpmoriarti(m): 8:33am On Aug 02, 2023
oliverano:

Yes, I wouldn't mind him on the right. He's a very productive player at all levels. My kind of world class player.

I heard he's toxic but don't know how true coz same was said about Auba before he joined but he turned out good for us.

For Cancelo...money dey so abi na loan?
I wonder why it didn't work out well with Guardiola. This is my only concern with Cancelo.

Is it an attitudinal issue? Because I don't want another Portuguese who'll be putting the club on the media for all the wrong reasons.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Kilishihunter: 8:36am On Aug 02, 2023
oliverano:

Read my comments again. I mentioned four options before adding "and of course the kid Yamal"

I'm very clear with Yamal. He's no Messi and should be fifth choice for two spot that's about 5-10 mins per game. That's okay for a 16 year old. Yamal will not play lots of games sef but he'll play some cup games though.

Here are the options again instead of signing another unproductive player like Nico who'll even cost alot sef.

Raphinha, Ferran, Fati, Abde and ofcourse the kid Yamal. With a midfield four because Xavi may want Gavi again on the wing that's just about five players for just a single position.

No need for another winger bro unless we have the money to go big on players like Kvara Leao, and even Bernardo.

25m won't get us any quality first team player in the current market.
With dembele going we are losing speed, directness, a high take on success rate and his playmaking ability from the wings, Reason why most of us still refer to him as our best winger despite his injury wahala, Abde is close in terms of profile but not at his level, ferran and raphinha don't match that, Some may not admit it but we are effectively weakened by his departure boss
It's not a given we will use a 4-4-2 midfield throughout most of the season especially when we need to make the wings hot for the opponents fullbacks, That formation as successful as it was has also stunted gavi's development as a midfield interior
25 million is small alright but we shouldn't forget it's FFP marginal issues stemming from the salaries choking the wagebill, The club has money to spend though we can't foolishly use it to compete against the oil owned clubs reason why the club is trying to be as prudent as possible
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jpmoriarti(m): 8:42am On Aug 02, 2023
Kilishihunter:

With dembele going we are losing speed, directness , a high take on success rate and his playmaking ability from the wings, Reason why most of us still refer to him as our best winger despite his injury wahala, Abde is close in terms of profile but not at his level, ferran and raphinha don't match that, Some may not admit it but we are effectively weakened by his departure boss
It's not a given we will use a 4-4-2 midfield throughout most of the season especially when we need to make the wings hot for the opponents fullbacks, That formation as successful as it was has also stunted gavi's development as a midfield interior
25 million is small alright but we shouldn't forget it's FFP marginal issues stemming from the salaries choking the wagebill, The club has money to spend though we can't foolishly use it to compete against the oil owned clubs reason why the club is trying to be as prudent as possible
With all the Dembele speed and directness, how many trophies did we win with it? How many memorable moments did it leave you with? What exactly can you remember him by with? How many tight games have we won all thanks to Dembele wizardry?

Everyone capping what we have lost but I am unable to see it. Maybe it is the imagination of what we might have gained that's translating to losses here because I don't get it.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Kilishihunter: 9:01am On Aug 02, 2023
jpmoriarti:
With all the Dembele speed and directness, how many trophies did we win with it? How many memorable moments did it leave you with? What exactly can you remember him by with? How many tight games have we won all thanks to Dembele wizardry?

Everyone capping what we have lost but I am unable to see it. Maybe it is the imagination of what we might have gained that's translating to losses here because I don't get it.
Which winger in our squad is currently better than dembele? Even xavi our coach fought to keep him when most of us including me wanted him gone last year, the big reason why we're in this mess of collecting just 25m from that fúckin pi$$g, Me wanting him gone and hoping for his replacement won't make me deny his abilities, There was even a time some fans were complaining of Dembele-dependecia where most of our attacking forays were coming from the right wing due to instructions for him to be given the ball there almost akin to how vini controls most of the vardrid attack from the left
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by BoncoBoy: 9:02am On Aug 02, 2023
The Captain hand band on Araujo just feels right.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Kilishihunter: 9:14am On Aug 02, 2023
I liked what I saw from Faye this morning, the kid's strong and fast, I'll prefer if he'll be sent on loan to another laliga side that prioritizes possession instead of staying with Barça athletic
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by brandon180(m): 9:20am On Aug 02, 2023
This dembele departure don really pain xavi sha. Make he sha come up with another plan before season start.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Culer: 9:37am On Aug 02, 2023
Chiesa would have been a perfect replacement and is even a better player than dumbele.
He can play RW, LW or even 9 ( this one wey Lewy don dey zuzu).
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by oliverano: 9:45am On Aug 02, 2023
Culer:
Loan most probably. But City wouldn't want another loan operation again. They might want to cut costs and do away with him completely, so the deal is gonna be really complicated for us because of the cost of the deal and his wage demands.

I really don't buy all that toxicism stuff about him, it's been grossly overblown tbh.

Same here chief, I really don't buy it!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by monerozi5590: 9:50am On Aug 02, 2023
Kilishihunter:

With dembele going we are losing speed, directness, a high take on success rate and his playmaking ability from the wings, Reason why most of us still refer to him as our best winger despite his injury wahala, Abde is close in terms of profile but not at his level, ferran and raphinha don't match that, Some may not admit it but we are effectively weakened by his departure boss

....but who d hand those kinds of contract to players. I don't understand. Dembele according to some people has like three clauses to his contract. 50 million euros and Dembele will pocket half, which is 25 million euros.

I understand Xavi's frustration because he felt betrayed by Dembele.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by oliverano: 9:51am On Aug 02, 2023
Kilishihunter:

Which winger in our squad is currently better than dembele? Even xavi our coach fought to keep him when most of us including me wanted him gone last year, the big reason why we're in this mess of collecting just 25m from that fúckin pi$$g, Me wanting him gone and hoping for his replacement won't make me deny his abilities, There was even a time some fans were complaining of Dembele-dependecia where most of our attacking forays were coming from the right wing due to instructions for him to be given the ball there almost akin to how vini controls most of the vardrid attack from the left

You're on point with everything but I no go like give you, I'm not sad Dembele is leaving...we'll miss him sha.

If we can survive Messi, we'll survive Dembele too. I think we won't sign any winger unless we sell one or even two of Abde, Ferran, Raphinha and Fati.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by oliverano: 9:53am On Aug 02, 2023
Culer:
Chiesa would have been a perfect replacement and is even a better player than dumbele.
He can play RW, LW or even 9 ( this one wey Lewy don dey zuzu).

grin grin grin grin grin

Na typo be this?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Kilishihunter: 9:56am On Aug 02, 2023
oliverano:

You're on point with everything but I no go like give you, I'm not sad Dembele is leaving...we'll miss him sha.

If we can survive Messi, we'll survive Dembele too. I think we won't sign any winger unless we sell one or even two of Abde, Ferran, Raphinha and Fati.
Chief, just like many cules I'm gradually waiting for the official statement dembele's sold since he's not part of us again but that won't make me stunt on his abilities which are of course visible, Of course we have to go into the market to get a like for like or better replacement (though to find that these days will be hard)
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Kilishihunter: 9:58am On Aug 02, 2023
Culer:

Cancelo can also play as a right winger which can help us massively if we play a 3 atb formation when we're without the ball though that would likely cost one of our LWs inclusion in the lineup because of Balde
Cancelo has been having issues with ego right from his youth, no be with pep e start
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Kilishihunter: 10:01am On Aug 02, 2023
monerozi5590:

....but who d hand those kinds of contract to players. I don't understand. Dembele according to some people has like three clauses to his contract. 50 million euros and Dembele will pocket half, which is 25 million euros.

It was either that or he would have left for a free, If you followed the situation closely you'll know how terrible his agent is when negotiating, If it was up to him dembele would have left since last year, I just hope we never have to deal with his clients anymore no matter how talented they are
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Culer: 10:15am On Aug 02, 2023
oliverano:

grin grin grin grin grin

Na typo be this?

No be typo. He's a "pea brained size" winger (in your words) 😂😂😂
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Kilishihunter: 10:20am On Aug 02, 2023
Last season we were worrying about the LW
This coming one we are already having complaints about the right
If only injuries can just evade ansu so he can have his remontada while Abde comes on to dazzle with his pace and trickery, we fit go far
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jpmoriarti(m): 10:25am On Aug 02, 2023
monerozi5590:

Barca was in both sporting and institutional crises last two seasons, that is, the season Xavi joined. We needed to qualify for UCL desperately.

I guess that's where Dembele's agent decided to take advantage of the whole situation to force Barca to insert alot of crazy clauses that handed some crazy advantages to the player.

Barca board knew sufficiently that this day would surely come when the player will want to ask for way more money than he knows the club is able to pay. Then once the club refused, he will point to the clause, which enables him to go away at a favorable terms.

It was Dembele and his agent that boxed Barca into the situation, seeing how everything was going. The financials were bad for Barca, so they didn't have much room for any maneuver and we had to enter the UCL. Barca thought they might not be able to do it without him.

Now, the situation is very different. No player can be allowed to exploit the club the way Dembele and his agent did.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Excallibur(m): 10:25am On Aug 02, 2023
Culer:
He's another dembele. Excellent dribbler and speedster with minimal end product
Plus he is a resident doctor, he senior Dembele for that profession self
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jpmoriarti(m): 10:28am On Aug 02, 2023
oliverano:

We won't miss Dembele. What exactly are we missing? Promises?

Yes, everyone knows he can unbalance the defence but how many times has he actually unbalanced the defence and Barca won an important match?

Dembele is just an epitome of frustration. So near yet so far away.

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Culer: 11:12am On Aug 02, 2023
jpmoriarti:
We won't miss Dembele. What exactly are we missing? Promises?

Yes, everyone knows he can unbalance the defence but how many times has he actually unbalanced the defence and Barca won an important match?

Dembele is just an epitome of frustration. So near yet so far away.
aptly said!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by UncleHaba22: 11:13am On Aug 02, 2023
We'll only miss Missing Dembélé that's all

If not I no know wetin we want miss for Dembélé

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by monerozi5590: 11:45am On Aug 02, 2023
jpmoriarti:
Barca was in both sporting and institutional crises last two seasons, that is, the season Xavi joined. We needed to qualify for UCL desperately.

I guess that's where Dembele's agent decided to take advantage of the whole situation to force Barca to insert alot of crazy clauses that handed some crazy advantages to the player.

Barca board knew sufficiently that this day would surely come when the player will want to ask for way more money than he knows the club is able to pay. Then once the club refused, he will point to the clause, which enables him to go away at a favorable terms.

It was Dembele and his agent that boxed Barca into the situation, seeing how everything was going. The financials were bad for Barca, so they didn't have much room for any maneuver and we had to enter the UCL. Barca thought they might not be able to do it without him.

Now, the situation is very different. No player can be allowed to exploit the club the way Dembele and his agent did.

You explained it well. Barcelona has really tried for Dembele despite his many injuries. Xavi has really protected and has showed him much love.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jpmoriarti(m): 11:55am On Aug 02, 2023
🚨🥇| JUST IN: If Athletico Paranaense are eliminated from the Copa Libertadores before August 31st, Vitor Roque will join Barça THIS summer to replace Démbéle. [@fansjavimiguel]

Then let them be eliminated. They're not going to win it anyways. We need as many attackers as we can get now.

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by monerozi5590: 11:56am On Aug 02, 2023
Kilishihunter:

It was either that or he would have left for a free, If you followed the situation closely you'll know how terrible his agent is when negotiating, If it was up to him dembele would have left since last year, I just hope we never have to deal with his clients anymore no matter how talented they are

Chai! Dat private clause for en contract shock me.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Awesome01(m): 12:05pm On Aug 02, 2023
monerozi5590:

Chai! Dat private clause for en contract shock me.

Bros. Na we the fans get loyalty to club. Most Players are olosho, all they are about is football as a business, they go after the money, loyalty to club comes a distant second.

Even when they loose important games, they go out to party, while we fans sulk around.

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by monerozi5590: 12:06pm On Aug 02, 2023
Awesome01:

Bros. Na we the fans get loyalty to club. M0st Players are olosho, all they are about is football as a business, they go after the money, loyalty to club comes a distant second.

Even when they loose important games, they go out to party, while we fans sulk around.

grin grin grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Culer: 12:12pm On Aug 02, 2023
jpmoriarti:
🚨🥇| JUST IN: If Athletico Paranaense are eliminated from the Copa Libertadores before August 31st, Vitor Roque will join Barça THIS summer to replace Démbéle. [@fansjavimiguel]

Then let them be eliminated. They're not going to win it anyways. We need as many attackers as we can get now.
tbh I don't see how this guy improves our attack currently.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Ballzproblem2: 12:30pm On Aug 02, 2023
jpmoriarti:

they put pressure on the small boy head ,btw I thought he was a striker?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5971) (5972) (5973) (5974) (5975) (5976) (5977) ... (6187) (Reply)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.