Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,332 members, 7,811,971 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:23 AM

'Zulum Demolished 11 Mosques And 4 Churches' - MURIC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'Zulum Demolished 11 Mosques And 4 Churches' - MURIC (34800 Views)

Borno: Gov Zulum Demolished 11 Mosques, Only 4 Churches – Islamic Group Clai / Amotekun: Who Ordered Registration In Churches? - MURIC Raises Alarm / Noise Pollution: Lagos State Seals 8 Mosques And Churches (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

'Zulum Demolished 11 Mosques And 4 Churches' - MURIC by Quitam: 11:10pm On Aug 10, 2021
The Islamic human rights advocacy group, Muslim Rights Concern, MURIC, has revealed that the Borno State Government actually demolished 11 mosques and four churches.

MURIC said in a statement on Tuesday that its findings were contrary to claims that only churches were demolished in the state.

The statement reads:

“Contrary to a coordinated propaganda over the demolition of an EYN church in Maiduguri, the Muslim Rights Concern (MURIC) can authoritatively report that the Borno State Geographic Information Systems (BOGIS) created by Governor Babagana Umara Zulum, actually demolished 11 mosques and four churches, in the metropolis. The exercise began from 29th May, 2019 up till last week.

“A team of investigators working with MURIC visited each of the sites where the mosques were demolished, interviewed residents and gathered photographs and data that showed locations of each of the 11 mosques and dates of their demolition by officials of Borno State Government for violation of purpose approved in residential titles, which was in compliance with a 2010 Government White paper in response to the 2009 Boko Haram insurgency, which strictly prohibited the conversion of any residential house to a place of worship, in all parts of Borno State.

“Findings showed that two mosques were demolished by BOGIS on 11th March, 2020, around Fato Sandi, behind works department in Maiduguri, not far from the Shehu of Borno’s palace, who is next to the Sultan in the hierarchy of Nigeria’s leadership of the Muslim community. The Shehu is the Vice President of the Nigerian Supreme Council for Islamic Affairs (NSCIA).

“Two mosques were again demolished by BOGIS on the same day (March 11, 2020), at old Musami complex along Jos road in Maiduguri. Again, a mosque was demolished on the same day opposite former NITEL. Another mosque was demolished on April 15, 2020 along Kano Road, adjoining Bulumkutu, Yola Electricity Distribution Company, YEDC. Two mosques were again demolished, one near a hotel in Galadima and another near behind Timber shade, in Baga Road.

“Our investigators further discovered that five other mosques conspicuously located at the Customs round-about in the western part of Maiduguri-Bama road were also demolished by BOGIS on 23rd January, 2020, for what the government called ‘overriding public interest’.

“All the 11 mosques were demolished either for violating residential purposes in their allocation titles or for overriding public interest. Of the 11 mosques demolished, five were for overriding public interest and six for violations of residential titles whereas all the four churches demolished (including the EYN) were strictly demolished for converting residential houses to churches, the same way six mosques were demolished. The measures were in compliance with a 2010 white paper which is against illegal places of worship as measures of regulation.

“We are nonplussed by the immense false propaganda flying around on this issue and we invite anyone who is genuinely in search of the truth to also do his or her findings. We advise armchair critics to be more enterprising. A single phone call to a friend or acquaintance in Maiduguri will debunk all the noise.

“For the first time in ‘geography’, Nigerians are blessed with an uncommon governor making things work in an uncommon way. Governor Babagana Umara Zulum may not have come from Mars, but his handiwork appears alien. It is satanic to attempt to bring down this wonderful performer via religious blackmail. Leave Governor Zulum alone. Allow him to concentrate on his good work.”

https://dailynigerian.com/zulum-demolished-mosques/

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 'Zulum Demolished 11 Mosques And 4 Churches' - MURIC by Penguin2: 11:14pm On Aug 10, 2021
Forget, even before this rebuttal, I knew Zulum was too cosmopolitan to be sentimental.

Our president-in-waiting.

Nothing do you Zulum!

112 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 'Zulum Demolished 11 Mosques And 4 Churches' - MURIC by BabbanBura(m): 11:39pm On Aug 10, 2021
Penguin2:
Forget, even before this rebuttal, I knew Zulum was too cosmopolitan to be sentimental.

Nothing do you Zulum!

Guy leave that matter, mosques that were demolished because they were harbouring BH members, which of the churches demolished harboured any form of terrorism?

If zulum is to demolish mosques for reasons of violations, I can assure you that atleast 500 mosques inside the metropolitan area will be gone. This is because 90% of the mosques are built on streets with atleast one quarter to the half of rhe building clearly encroached to the streets. Secondly, mosques are being built all over the places in residential areas.

These Muric submission is once again baseless and a support for persecution of Christians and the Church.

238 Likes 19 Shares

Re: 'Zulum Demolished 11 Mosques And 4 Churches' - MURIC by RZArecta(m): 11:46pm On Aug 10, 2021
MURIC the terrorist organisation should tell us how many Muslims were assassinated during the course of those alleged demolitions of mosques by the fundamentalist Zulum cool

54 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 'Zulum Demolished 11 Mosques And 4 Churches' - MURIC by RZArecta(m): 11:48pm On Aug 10, 2021
Penguin2:
[s]Forget, even before this rebuttal, I knew Zulum was too cosmopolitan to be sentimental.

Nothing do you Zulum[/s]!

17 Likes

Re: 'Zulum Demolished 11 Mosques And 4 Churches' - MURIC by Antoeni(m): 12:13am On Aug 11, 2021
Why are the media emphasizing on the number of mosques and churches? What are they trying to justify? Wouldn't it be simple to say the Governor demolished illegal structures. The media is another problem we have. We should swallow hook and sinker every silly narrative. If truly the structures are illegal whose conscience are you guys appealing to when it's the right thing to do. The only bad thing is someone died due to innate overzealous nature of most legal arm bearing security outfits in Nigeria.

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'Zulum Demolished 11 Mosques And 4 Churches' - MURIC by Antoeni(m): 12:17am On Aug 11, 2021
Zulum carry on jaree, anybody wey e pain make e bring down the sky. Nigerians and there lawless behavior then they'll want to use religion as a safe heaven for all their nonsense. Nice work Mr Governor

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 'Zulum Demolished 11 Mosques And 4 Churches' - MURIC by Penguin2: 1:03am On Aug 11, 2021
BabbanBura:

Guy leave that matter, mosques that were demolished because they were harbouring BH members, which of the churches demolished harboured any form of terrorism?

If zulum is to demolish mosques for reasons of violations, I can assure you that atleast 500 mosques inside the metropolitan area will be gone. This is because 90% of the mosques are built on streets with atleast one quarter to the half of rhe building clearly encroached to the streets. Secondly, mosques are being built all over the places in residential areas.

These Muric submission is once again baseless and a support for persecution of Christians and the Church.

You need to get it that I’m not supporting MURIC. God forbid I ever do.

What I’m saying is that from what we’ve seen of Prof Zulum, the man doesn’t come off as someone who will be religiously intolerant.

I might be wrong.

But Zulum is one northerner I can tell you is a pluralist.

Until I’m convinced beyond every reasonable doubt that the Church did not violate any law, I beg to stand with Zulum.

I’m not an APC apologist.

Neither am I a northerner.

I’m just a Nigerian with an eye for good people.

49 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 'Zulum Demolished 11 Mosques And 4 Churches' - MURIC by limeta(f): 4:40am On Aug 11, 2021
MURIC made its findings known to journalists in a statement signed by its director, Professor Ishaq Akintola.

taqiyya findings
11 mosque and muric is not bombing every where
what a lie

14 Likes

Re: 'Zulum Demolished 11 Mosques And 4 Churches' - MURIC by InaNla(f): 5:20am On Aug 11, 2021
[s]
Penguin2:

What I’m saying is that from what we’ve seen of Prof Zulum, the man doesn’t come off as someone who will be religiously intolerant.

I might be wrong.

Until I’m convinced beyond every reasonable doubt that the Church did not violate any law, I beg to stand with Zulum.

[/s]

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'Zulum Demolished 11 Mosques And 4 Churches' - MURIC by nzeobi(m): 6:22am On Aug 11, 2021
Even zulum himself will be ashamed of the defense put up by muric.

It's not about number of worship centers that were demolished but about the processes leading to the demolition

12 Likes

Re: 'Zulum Demolished 11 Mosques And 4 Churches' - MURIC by Faiththatworks(m): 7:08am On Aug 11, 2021
Although I disagree with Muric on everything even before reading his press statement,if this press statement is true,then I totally agree with what Gov Zulum has done with demolishing the churches.
Nigeria is where it's today because our people are too sentimental about enforcing laws, Government shouldn't be handcuffed because laws when enforced may affect the sensibility of any tribe or religion.
Until we get to the point where laws are enforced regardless of who's involved in breaking these laws, only then can we move forward as a nation.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Zulum Demolished 11 Mosques And 4 Churches' - MURIC by ivolt: 7:21am On Aug 11, 2021
hmmn
Re: 'Zulum Demolished 11 Mosques And 4 Churches' - MURIC by ivolt: 7:23am On Aug 11, 2021
Faiththatworks:
Although I disagree with Muric on everything even before reading his press statement,if this press statement is true,then I totally agree with what Gov Zulum has done with demolishing the churches.
Nigeria is where it's today because our people are too sentimental about enforcing laws, Government shouldn't be handcuffed because laws when enforced may affect the sensibility of any tribe or religion.
Until we get to the point where laws are enforced regardless of who's involved in breaking these laws, only then can we move forward as a nation.
I didn't believe the first sentimental news report.
But I am beginning to suspect Zulum because of this press release from MURIC.
For one thing, MURIC deals in lies and I treat all their releases as lies or half-truth propaganda.
Whoever works with Muric has something to hide.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Zulum Demolished 11 Mosques And 4 Churches' - MURIC by BabbanBura(m): 7:46am On Aug 11, 2021
Penguin2:

I might be wrong.

Now I totally agree with you

3 Likes

Re: 'Zulum Demolished 11 Mosques And 4 Churches' - MURIC by jahsharon: 7:47am On Aug 11, 2021
Penguin2:

Nothing do you Zulum!

President of your region. No other Almajari will rule until Lower Niger leaves the fraudulent contraption called Nigeria

9 Likes

Re: 'Zulum Demolished 11 Mosques And 4 Churches' - MURIC by OdumegwuOjukwu: 8:30am On Aug 11, 2021
How many churches are actually left in Bornu to have four demolished?

At the peak of Boko Haram crisis far back in 2015, the catholic church complained the lost about 50 out of 54 churches, and that thee currently church services were held under trees.

So if you demolish 11 out of 1000 mosque, and 4 out of remaining 10 churches, can we say this is proportional? Muric outcry is as disingenuous as they come. A typical taqqiya!

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Zulum Demolished 11 Mosques And 4 Churches' - MURIC by Jesuschristus: 8:40am On Aug 11, 2021
Nigeria and religion

1 Like

Re: 'Zulum Demolished 11 Mosques And 4 Churches' - MURIC by Gandollaar(f): 8:50am On Aug 11, 2021
When will mumuric rise in defense of 1000 Boko fighters that surrendered?

2 Likes

Re: 'Zulum Demolished 11 Mosques And 4 Churches' - MURIC by VEXT: 9:08am On Aug 11, 2021
Even the real Muslims don't put their mouths in Every issues that has to do with religion,but this infidel Muslim from southwest ,who thinks slamming his head and wrapping bedsheet on his head will make them to consider him as one of them,not knowing they do see him as "Arne Kudu''

3 Likes

Re: 'Zulum Demolished 11 Mosques And 4 Churches' - MURIC by McOluOmo: 9:11am On Aug 11, 2021
Antoeni:
Why are the media emphasizing on the number of mosques and churches? What are they trying to justify? Wouldn't it be simple to say the Governor demolished illegal structures. The media is another problem we have. We should swallow hook and sinker every silly narrative. If truly the structures are illegal whose conscience are you guys appealing to when it's the right thing to do. The only bad thing is someone died due to innate overzealous nature of most legal arm bearing security outfits in Nigeria.
Kudos

Guys wey no get girlfriend get peace of mind

2 Likes

Re: 'Zulum Demolished 11 Mosques And 4 Churches' - MURIC by 2times2(m): 9:11am On Aug 11, 2021
The ratio of mosques to churches in borno is 6:1

So 11 mosques to 4 churches is not yet fair. Demolish more mosques to even the count

1 Like

Re: 'Zulum Demolished 11 Mosques And 4 Churches' - MURIC by sematec(m): 9:11am On Aug 11, 2021
Zulum just compensate the demolishee. in their like sum.
End time demolition.
Churches and Mosque should start paying tax.
Nigeria will save a lot of money from that alone.
Buhari should stop borrowing money.
If buhari had used borrowed money for building industries, it would have been better.
Re: 'Zulum Demolished 11 Mosques And 4 Churches' - MURIC by hatemm: 9:12am On Aug 11, 2021

3 Likes

Re: 'Zulum Demolished 11 Mosques And 4 Churches' - MURIC by SILVERLINES: 9:14am On Aug 11, 2021
cheesy
Muric na idiot dem be

Anyways when Biafra comes we will have little or no mosque in our land cos we will no harbour terrorist in religious form
Re: 'Zulum Demolished 11 Mosques And 4 Churches' - MURIC by SporaD8: 9:14am On Aug 11, 2021
Borno State Government actually demolished 11 mosques and four churches.
While Boko Haram actually demolished 2 mosques and leveled the remaining churches! Lobatan

1 Like

Re: 'Zulum Demolished 11 Mosques And 4 Churches' - MURIC by Xscape047: 9:15am On Aug 11, 2021
Wahala
Re: 'Zulum Demolished 11 Mosques And 4 Churches' - MURIC by elmessiahs(m): 9:16am On Aug 11, 2021
Religion and it's antics
Elmessiahs
Re: 'Zulum Demolished 11 Mosques And 4 Churches' - MURIC by tempest01(m): 9:16am On Aug 11, 2021
Quitam:

https://dailynigerian.com/zulum-demolished-mosques/

If this isn't propaganda, why didn't you use the complete pictures of the mosque demolition?

One of the pictures says "Dilapidated mosque" and these are pictures from 2020.

Keep lying to yourselves. Keep being intolerant to others and expect to be accepted with open arms.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sunday Igboho To FG: “Invite Gumi & Shekau First Before Disturbing Me” / Peter Obi’s kinsmen unveil campaign banner in Anambra (Pictures, Video) / Bayelsa: INEC Reschedules Voting to tomorrow In 141 Polling Units

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.