Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,438 members, 7,853,887 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 07:26 AM

In Jesus Name - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / In Jesus Name (558 Views)

Don't Use IJN To Replace In Jesus Name / In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? / Miracles In Jesus Name - Crippled Leg Grows Out (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

In Jesus Name by yommyuk: 9:15pm On May 17, 2011
Christians know that the name of Jesus is of great benefit to them. How can the name of Jesus become efficient and effective in our daily lives and situations? ---- READ

TRUST

In John 14:1 Jesus told his disciples
“Don’t let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, and trust also in me.”

Here we see Jesus comforting his disciples about his departure knowing the tribulations and hardship they were about to experience. The same can be applied to us. Whatever situation, trial or challenge we may find ourselves, all we have to do is put our trust in God and Jesus knowing that they are more than able to pull us through.

WHAT IS YOUR MOTIVE? IS IT THE WILL OF GOD?

James 4:3
And even when you ask, you don’t get it because your motives are all wrong – you want only what will give you pleasure.

One thing I have learnt in my Christian life is to align whatever I need with the will of God. I meditate on it and ask myself; is this God’s will for my life? Immediately I am rest assured that it is the will of God, brethren, I asked in Jesus name and always achieve the desired result. Even more than what I ask for.

OBEDIENCE

PHI 2:8-11
He humbled himself in obedience to God and died a criminal’s death on a cross. Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

As a result of Jesus Christ humble obedience to the will of the Father, he was elevated to the highest place of honour – Key word ->> OBEDIENCE. Ask yourself; have you being obedient to the will of God in your life? If not, please, make amends.

OBEY HIS COMMANDMENTS

John 14:15
If ye love me, keep my commandments.

Because Jesus loves the Father, he is obedient to what God directs him to say and do. Are you? What are these commandments?   Do you love your neighbours as you love yourself? Do you love the Lord your God with all your heart, might and soul. If not, reflect and make amends.
We must not overlook the ingredients are for successful prayer.

1JOHN 3:22
And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.

INCREASE IN KNOWLEDGE ABOUT CHRIST.

Do you really know what you can achieve or do in the name of Jesus Christ? If not, increase in the knowledge that Jesus has supreme authority and power over all things. The entire creation, including spiritual powers and angels, humans on earth and those who have died will one day acknowledge that Jesus Christ as Lord. Ask yourself, do you truly acknowledge Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour. Pray that God should give you spiritual wisdom and insight so that you may grow in your knowledge of God. Knowing the heart of God like King David.

FASTING

ISA 58:5-8
Is it such a fast that I have chosen? A day for a man to afflict his soul? Is it to bow down his head as a bulrush, and to spread sackcloth and ashes under him? Wilt thou call this a fast, and an acceptable day to the LORD? Is not this the fast that I have chosen? To loose the bands of wickedness, to undo the heavy burdens, and to let the oppressed go free, and that ye break every yoke? 7 Is it not to deal thy bread to the hungry, and that thou bring the poor that, are cast out to thy house? When thou seest the naked, that thou cover him; and that thou hide not thyself from thine own flesh? 8 Then shall thy light break forth as the morning, and thine health shall spring forth speedily: and thy righteousness shall go before thee; the glory of the LORD shall be thy reward

There is power in fasting unto the Lord. It can do the unimaginable. Very effective! But we must remember that there is a spirit behind it. Make sure you cleanse your heart before you set out to fast. Why? We are dealing with a God who knows your inner motive. A God to whom nothing can be hidden from. Get the heart right and get your results.

INCREASE IN CONFIDENCE

Ephesians 1:18
I pray that your heart will be flooded with light so that you can understand the confident hope he has given to those he called – his holy people who are his rich and glorious inheritance.

A Christian must exhibit confidence and boldness when he/she approaches God. ASK in Jesus name with confident hope that the prayer has already being answered. Keyword – CONFIDENT HOPE.  – Read – Hebrew 11:1-2

CONCLUSION

1 Peter 3:12
The eyes of the Lord watch over those who do right, and his ears are open to their prayers. But the Lord turns his face against those who do evil

Fear not those who rise against you because the word of God says the Lord has already turned his back on the will of the evil ones. Their weapons against you cannot prosper
May the grace of the Lord Jesus be with us all -- Amen

God Bless. wink

(1) (Reply)

Harold Camping Now Says Judgment Day Coming In October / What Do You Know About This Dream. / Tithes, Offering, Dues, R They Comulsory?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.