Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,361 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:35 PM

Has Your Account Be Cleared While You Watched Helplessly? Share Your Experience - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Has Your Account Be Cleared While You Watched Helplessly? Share Your Experience (207 Views)

If I Receive 10m Will My Account Be Blocked / What Broke Your Trust With Friends? Share Your Experience / Share Your Experience With Weird People You Have Encountered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Has Your Account Be Cleared While You Watched Helplessly? Share Your Experience by Mzflexydeeva(f): 6:06am On Aug 11, 2021
This has become a very rampart situation in Nigeria. There's hardly a week that goes by without one person crying out towards the injustice suffered by customers in the hands of fraudster pretending to be bank officials. My question is... What are the banks doing about it?
When carefully examining the case of people's account been cleared out on a daily basis even when they haven't given out any details you realise there's a link between a bank staff, the fraudster and even the new flourishing POS agents. Last year, a 70 year old man had over 1m cleared out of his account. According to him, he received a call where the caller claimed his information was not correct. He finally succumbed to this fraudster after his BVN was clearly read out to him. According to him, he was given his address, date of birth and last amount withdrawn from the account. All he needed to supply was the last 3 digits behind his card. Now who would have access to all your banking details if not someone in the bank? A few months ago my maid almost fell victim. I had just opened her account and was told to come back to get her ATM. 24hrs after the first payment was made into the bank she receives a call asking for the last 3 digits behind her card. The question is... How did anyone except the bank operative who opened the account know she just opened an account? Why is there no law that indicts banks in such situations. With the increasing rate of frauds on people's account is banning POS outlets such a bad idea? How exactly do we get pass people loosing their hard earned money despite all the security channels the so called banks have provided? All said and done, be vigilant, spread your money across various accounts to avoid premium tears. Always call your aged parents reminding them never to give out any detail over the phone. Naija is hard enough as it is.

1 Like

Re: Has Your Account Be Cleared While You Watched Helplessly? Share Your Experience by lkillbrokehoes: 7:17am On Aug 11, 2021
No

(1) (Reply)

Customer Explains How Online Shopping Helps Time Management, Safety / SH0CKING! Bbnaija: Akwa Ibom Emmanuel Reveals Why He Wants His Own Sister Out / Economic Community Of West Africa States (ecowas) Invitation To Bids

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.