Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,350 members, 7,822,653 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:28 PM

Iniesta Reacts As Lionel Messi Joins PSG - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Iniesta Reacts As Lionel Messi Joins PSG (37020 Views)

Mbappe Tells PSG He Wants To Leave For Real Madrid After Messi Joins Club / Lionel Messi Joins PSG On A 2 Year Deal (Photos) / Donnarumma Joins PSG On Five-year Deal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Iniesta Reacts As Lionel Messi Joins PSG by Maobichek: 11:40am On Aug 11, 2021
tillaman:
Iniesta, Xavi, Alvez and Messi
Barcelona is a great club, the greatest club on the globe!!
We wish you luck Messi but just know our doors will remain open Incase you change your mind

I believe you recently became a Barca fan, Barca revolution started with the coming of Dinho and Eto. Google Messi's first goal for Barca and you will appreciate Dinho ok.

Barca engine room was Iniesta and Xavi, they left and Barca as a team started struggling. There was a time Chelsea fans were always afraid anytime they meet Barca in Champions league (it was Dinho/Eto days, Messi was learning then) .

Messi is a great player who is discipline but Barca revolution didn't start with him, he entered when the stage was set already and consolidated on the foundation led by others, thank you.
Re: Iniesta Reacts As Lionel Messi Joins PSG by Adakintroy: 11:41am On Aug 11, 2021
praiseneo:
na barca fans de vex say he de cry croc tears o
Check am well

That's a lie. Na ronaldo fans de twist the whole thing. No honest baca fan go vex for am. The boy has given everything. I mean His all. even when Henry left us that yr as a legend, we all wish him well. He pain some people but in the end we understand and we no question him loyalty. No come talk of Messi. From a truthfully perspective, no be here you de you go take see everything weh de happen for inside the club. We can't have all the facts together to piece the puzzle right. Na just bit and sketches. So try to be less judgement. But again no sane person will dare doubt him loyalty.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Iniesta Reacts As Lionel Messi Joins PSG by NORSIYK(m): 11:41am On Aug 11, 2021
Cantonese:

Did you watch the 2008 champions league final between Barcelona and Man U? If you did, you”ll simply stop arguing about what Messi could have done or not done if he went to England. Without doubt, in all the indices of that game, Man U - an English team with Ronaldo playing in it - was completely humiliated by Barcelona - a Spanish team with Messi playing in it.

Spanish teams have consistently defeated English teams just as French teams have consistently defeated English teams. What is there to prove and what else are you waiting to see?

Once again note that football no be here. Even our local league no easy.

With this your logic it means Rubin kazan is better and stronger than English teams because Eibar merchant couldn't score against them many times he faced them.

Playing in premier league week in week out is a different ball game than playing one in England and the other in Spain.

Messi himself knew that he wouldn't cope with the pace of premier league and would be exposed to the mediocre player he's outside his Barcelona comfort zone reason totally shut the door of premier league despite Chelsea's interest.
A top player choosing a non top 4 European league
Re: Iniesta Reacts As Lionel Messi Joins PSG by ozo13(m): 11:44am On Aug 11, 2021
Great100000:
He said the truth about Leo.

Leo & CR7 are the kind of players that comes in maybe decades or century.

Wishing Leo best of Luck at PSG.

Iniesta, I still don't forgive you for the Goal you scored against us in 2009 Semi-Final. grin cheesy angry

lol
Re: Iniesta Reacts As Lionel Messi Joins PSG by Maobichek: 11:46am On Aug 11, 2021
Humanoid01:
Truth be told, the team was already going down before Messi left. Iniesta and Xavi's departures massively contributed to that. I think if anything, they should have been given the same credit with Messi, when they left. I miss those days. Imagine Barca going two seasons without a major title. That's a real bummer.

I can't forget Iniesta's goal against Chelsea in the UCL semis, and how Ovrebo robbed us of a clear penalty. That was the first and only time a football game brought tears to my eyes. Sergio B has also paid his dues, he alongside Pique will be the next to leave, I just wonder how the team will look like after that happens.

Messi is a wonderful player but without Xavi and Iniesta, Barca downfall manifested. When Iniesta and Xavi played for Spain, David Villa became the best striker given Spain the world cup. The foundation and revolution of Barca's dominance in ball possession was Iniesta and Xavi, thank you.
Re: Iniesta Reacts As Lionel Messi Joins PSG by OlawaleBammie: 11:47am On Aug 11, 2021
Great100000:

Iniesta, I still don't forgive you for the Goal you scored against us in 2009 Semi-Final. grin cheesy angry

No, u need to forgive him
U only need to call Ovrebo, the center referee out, that guy na mumu grin
People that played against Chelsea that night were Samuel Eto'o fills and Ovrebo grin

I stil dont understand why Micheal Ballack and Drogba didn't kuku knock his(ref) damn shining head
Re: Iniesta Reacts As Lionel Messi Joins PSG by tillaman(m): 11:47am On Aug 11, 2021
Maobichek:

I believe you recently became a Barca fan, Barca revolution started with the coming of Dinho and Eto. Google Messi's first goal for Barca and you will appreciate Dinho ok.

Barca engine room was Iniesta and Xavi, they left and Barca as a team started struggling. There was a time Chelsea fans were always afraid anytime they meet Barca in Champions league (it was Dinho/Eto days, Messi was learning then) .

Messi is a great player who is discipline but Barca revolution didn't start with him, he entered when the stage was set already and consolidated on the foundation led by others, thank you.
well said but I have been a Barca fan since the days of Rivaldo, Deco et al

3 Likes

Re: Iniesta Reacts As Lionel Messi Joins PSG by jodababa(m): 11:50am On Aug 11, 2021
Petoski7:

You do know he was forced right?
If left alone he would have extended for a five-year deal..
Unlike Cr7 that decided and made his choice to move on an leave his comfort zone

Get your facts right boy

This is the book you read

Re: Iniesta Reacts As Lionel Messi Joins PSG by donvoice(m): 11:51am On Aug 11, 2021
Great100000:

You must be a Chelsea fan. That goal sweet me too much
Re: Iniesta Reacts As Lionel Messi Joins PSG by Myself2(m): 11:54am On Aug 11, 2021
[[s]quote author=Raydos post=104663217]The fact that Messi has broken all Ronaldo fans point of argument in the pace of 2months
Winning Copa America and moving to another club!!
NEXT POTENTIAL ARGUMENT: "Messi can't fúçk his wife twice a day"

[/quote][/s]

Which record ?

Please allow him settle in his new club and do well.

By the way, Andres Iniesta : MASTER CLASS.
Re: Iniesta Reacts As Lionel Messi Joins PSG by Masterito(m): 11:54am On Aug 11, 2021
I would have liked it if Messi moved to the Premier league to prove Ronaldo fans wrong.
Raydos:
The fact that Messi has broken all Ronaldo fans point of argument in the pace of 2months

Re: Iniesta Reacts As Lionel Messi Joins PSG by Temptee101(m): 12:00pm On Aug 11, 2021
Raydos:
The fact that Messi has broken all Ronaldo fans point of argument in the pace of 2months

Exactly.

You know them very well.
Re: Iniesta Reacts As Lionel Messi Joins PSG by Maobichek: 12:03pm On Aug 11, 2021
tillaman:
well said but I have been a Barca fan since the days of Rivaldo, Deco et al

RESPECT SIR! I watched Barca during Overmars, kluviet days.
Re: Iniesta Reacts As Lionel Messi Joins PSG by Humanoid01(m): 12:06pm On Aug 11, 2021
Maobichek:

Messi is a wonderful player but without Xavi and Iniesta, Barca downfall manifested. When Iniesta and Xavi played for Spain, David Villa became the best striker given Spain the world cup. The foundation and revolution of Barca's dominance in ball possession was Iniesta and Xavi, thank you.
Exactly!

1 Like

Re: Iniesta Reacts As Lionel Messi Joins PSG by abiolag(m): 12:08pm On Aug 11, 2021
Great100000:

Chelsea fan sighted grin
Re: Iniesta Reacts As Lionel Messi Joins PSG by HBB1(m): 12:14pm On Aug 11, 2021
Maobichek:

You mean the same Eto'o and Ronaldinho that Guardiola forced out?

You are just a hater.
You agree?
Re: Iniesta Reacts As Lionel Messi Joins PSG by Elock1: 12:19pm On Aug 11, 2021
900warriorz:
Bye bye Barca....I don port o grin
I dy your back oh... But psg na my 2nd love now. Our home boys Neymar and Messi dy there.. So we gats support them. Forca Barca
Re: Iniesta Reacts As Lionel Messi Joins PSG by Cantonese: 12:22pm On Aug 11, 2021
NORSIYK:

With this your logic it means Rubin kazan is better and stronger than English teams because Eibar merchant couldn't score against them many times he faced them.

Playing in premier league week in week out is a different ball game than playing one in England and the other in Spain.

Messi himself knew that he wouldn't cope with the pace of premier league and would be exposed to the mediocre player he's outside his Barcelona comfort zone reason totally shut the door of premier league despite Chelsea's interest.
A top player choosing a non top 4 European league

See, you need to understand that running around the field for 90 minutes and potentially 120 minutes when there is extra time to be played is not easy. It is not easy in any league all over the world.

Wherever a gifted player finds himself, pace does not matter. His skill makes life very simple for him. That is exactly who Messi and other gifted players like him possess and gives them confidence in any league they find themselves.

Having excelled in all, what else is there for him to conquer? Looking at the purses of the English teams, which of them made the offer to cover his weekly wages? None. We heard that he would reunite with Guardiola, but Man city did not make any offer. Chelsea did not look his way. The big 5 in England did not make any offer to him. They had one whole year from last year to give him an offer, but they all could not. With no offer from the English, Italian, German and even other Spanish teams he surely would not be expected to be out of work in the new season. He got an offer of One billion for three years in Qatar and he could have chosen to go there, after all now we expect him to play for the money as he is 34. Since he only got an offer from a French team, then he must play there.

PSG with the quality of players it presently possesses surely will be more difficult to beat by English teams now.

1 Like

Re: Iniesta Reacts As Lionel Messi Joins PSG by HBB1(m): 12:25pm On Aug 11, 2021
Masterito:
I would have liked it if Messi moved to the Premier league to prove Ronaldo fans wrong.

They will still look for another excuse/fault...

Like why did he move to Man City instead of Aston Villa.

This is more like witchcraft than anything else.

He won Copa, they faulted it.
He moved to PSG, they faulted it.

You can't win with them!
Oshi!

1 Like

Re: Iniesta Reacts As Lionel Messi Joins PSG by tenpipsperday: 12:29pm On Aug 11, 2021
Messi has 30 goals to care this season
Re: Iniesta Reacts As Lionel Messi Joins PSG by NORSIYK(m): 12:31pm On Aug 11, 2021
Cantonese:

See, you need to understand that running around the field for 90 minutes and potentially 120 minutes when there is extra time to be played is not easy. It is not easy in any league all over the world.

Wherever a gifted player finds himself, pace does not matter. His skill makes life very simple for him. That is exactly who Messi and other gifted players like him possess and gives them confidence in any league they find themselves.

Having excelled in all, what else is there for him to conquer? Looking at the purses of the English teams, which of them made the offer to cover his weekly wages? None. We heard that he would reunite with Guardiola, but Man city did not make any offer. Chelsea did not look his way. The big 5 in England did not make any offer to him. They had one whole year from last year to give him an offer, but they all could not. With no offer from the English, Italian, German and even other Spanish teams he surely would not be expected to be out of work in the new season. He got an offer of One billion for three years in Qatar and he could have chosen to go there, after all now we expect him to play for the money as he is 34. Since he only got an offer from a French team, then he must play there.

PSG with the quality of players it presently possesses surely will be more difficult to beat by English teams now.

Anyways your analysis are quite understandable, but there's no competition in French ligue 1, Psg squad will be judged base on their performance in champions league, which I am sure will elude them.
Don't be surprised that clubs like Zenith Saint Petersburg or Atalanta will knock them out in champions league
Re: Iniesta Reacts As Lionel Messi Joins PSG by Cantonese: 12:49pm On Aug 11, 2021
NORSIYK:

Anyways your analysis are quite understandable, but there's no competition in French ligue 1, Psg squad will be judged base on their performance in champions league, which I am sure will elude them.
Don't be surprised that clubs like Zenith Saint Petersburg or Atalanta will knock them out in champions league

With a coach like Pochettino, expect to see great football from PSG. The team as usual will be built around Messi. With Neymar and Mbappe side by side, Angel the Maria still doing his magic dribbles and a solid back, English teams are in for a run for their money.

I actually thought that Man city would bring him to England but it is painful enough see him leave Barcelona not to talk of PSG. E pain me well well.
Re: Iniesta Reacts As Lionel Messi Joins PSG by Great100000: 12:52pm On Aug 11, 2021
Midastorch:

Brov a last minute goal.....very hardctovforgive brov....I cannot forgive and forget too...lol
The Match really pain me, even after that Goal, we still created chances but that Ovrebo (Ref) no gree at all, Ballack & Drogba even wan beat that ref.

But am happy Chelsea revenge in 2012.

1 Like

Re: Iniesta Reacts As Lionel Messi Joins PSG by Great100000: 12:54pm On Aug 11, 2021
OlawaleBammie:
No, u need to forgive him
U only need to call Ovrebo, the center referee out, that guy na mumu grin
People that played against Chelsea that night were Samuel Eto'o fills and Ovrebo grin

I stil dont understand why Micheal Ballack and Drogba didn't kuku knock his(ref) damn shining head
OK Bro. I don forgive him but that Ovrebo guy I no go forgive that guy grin cheesy even after Iniesta Goal at last minutes Chelsea still created chances but Ovrebo just want to punish us.
Re: Iniesta Reacts As Lionel Messi Joins PSG by Great100000: 12:56pm On Aug 11, 2021
donvoice:

You must be a Chelsea fan. That goal sweet me too much
100% Bro. He go sweet u now Since you're a Barca/Arsenal/Man Utd Fan... grin grin cheesy grin
Re: Iniesta Reacts As Lionel Messi Joins PSG by Great100000: 12:56pm On Aug 11, 2021
abiolag:

Chelsea fan sighted grin
Yes oooooo Bros. Chelsea all the way.
Re: Iniesta Reacts As Lionel Messi Joins PSG by Great100000: 12:58pm On Aug 11, 2021
Cantonese:

With a coach like Pochettino, expect to see great football from PSG. The team as usual will be built around Messi. With Neymar and Mbappe side by side, Angel the Maria still doing his magic dribbles and a solid back, English teams are in for a run for their money.

I actually thought that Man city would bring him to England but it is painful enough see him leave Barcelona not to talk of PSG. E pain me well well.
Chelsea go still knock them out....
Re: Iniesta Reacts As Lionel Messi Joins PSG by YorubaNinja: 12:58pm On Aug 11, 2021
Flexherbal:
Let him experience football from another angle.

Angle bawo? undecided
Re: Iniesta Reacts As Lionel Messi Joins PSG by Reinventerd: 1:15pm On Aug 11, 2021
Reactions everywhere
Re: Iniesta Reacts As Lionel Messi Joins PSG by youtubewizzy: 1:57pm On Aug 11, 2021
NORSIYK:

How did you get 1,200 plus subscribers in less than 2 months?

And your views aren't corresponding with your subscribers

that's why I am YouTube wizard. are you a YouTuber or into crypto ?
Re: Iniesta Reacts As Lionel Messi Joins PSG by NORSIYK(m): 2:00pm On Aug 11, 2021
youtubewizzy:

that's why I am YouTube wizard

As a YouTube wizard I expect your views to triple the number of your subscribers on each video

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Vincent Enyama On Vacation With His Family At An Exotic Resort (Photos) / Who Would You Pick To Take This Trophy Winning Freekick? (Picture) / EPL: Pele Reacts As Ronaldo Officially Returns To Man Utd

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.